Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#1 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:24 PM

Earn In Game Rewards by Changing Your RO1/RT Game Password!

TJCaNOX.jpg

When: December 14, 2020 - January 4, 2021

During Warpportal's Password Change Campaign, you can earn rewards for changing your Warpportal and game account passwords between 12/14/2020 - 1/4/2021. Rewards will be handed out after the event is complete. You can check out the rewards below!

Ragnarok/Ragnarok Transcendence Rewards

- 2 Day VIP Item
mfRRrGx.png
- 2 Battle manual (Not For Sale)
AUi0p9Z.png
- 2 Bubblegum (Not For Sale)
x9Z5SqE.png

*Please note that for added security, we are automatically updating any password for accounts that haven't logged in since October 14th, 2020. In addition, any accounts that have not changed their password during this event will have their password automatically updated on January 5th, 2021. If your account password has changed, please use the 'Forgot Password' option to update your password.

For a full list of game rewards and further details regarding this event, please see the Warpportal blog at:
http://blog.warpportal.com/?p=13520

***UPDATE*** Please know this event affects both Warpportal and game accounts. Updates have been made to our announcements to clarify this matter.

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:55 PM

Welp, RIP to using accounts that friends gave away when they quit since you won't be able to access them ever again unless you can contact them and get them to change it to something you can use before forced change.

I'm assuming this is due to the hacking incidents. Some other games I've seen do similar things recently because - https://www.zdnet.co...ach-index-site/

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:02 PM

I have an account that belongs to me but I've forgotten the email address I used to register it with. If I know which email address is it, I can do the password reset myself.

Any recommendation on how can I address this issue? WIll WP be able to give me the email address or do I have to go in a lot of those document verifying that its me?

#4 rakionix

rakionix

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:09 PM

ok thanks i go change me password

#5 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:18 PM

I have an account that belongs to me but I've forgotten the email address I used to register it with. If I know which email address is it, I can do the password reset myself.

Any recommendation on how can I address this issue? WIll WP be able to give me the email address or do I have to go in a lot of those document verifying that its me?

Yes, you will need to write in and get your account verified by support. However, they won't need to ask you for documents during the verification process- that is only if you're trying to change the email address. :ok:  

#6 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:20 PM

I think old player doesnt satisfy with thats reward... ppl now will using battle manual x3 n he bubble gum.. thats reward will end up in storage forever..
Only 2day vip will used (if it give 50%)

#7 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:25 PM

Yes, you will need to write in and get your account verified by support. However, they won't need to ask you for documents during the verification process- that is only if you're trying to change the email address. :ok:  

Thanks, I'll ticket in. Can I send you a PM if there's any troubles with the ticket later? I have a feeling I might encounter some.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:27 PM

Good campagie I guess. Lucky me, I only have 1 gaming email throughout my almost a decade iRO journey lol

Also, good start by making rewards account bound and not vendable. 

#9 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 04:33 PM

Thanks, I'll ticket in. Can I send you a PM if there's any troubles with the ticket later? I have a feeling I might encounter some.

Yes yes, no problem! Always feel free to reach out to me for help!  :no1:

#10 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:01 PM

I keep getting asked by people when I informed them, and just to be safe 'game account password' means RO1, ROT or any game account password.

It doesn't refer to our warpportal account password right?

#11 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:23 PM

How about those who uses friends account who long quit? with no WP or probably forgotten since its been 3-5yrs?

We will be locked out? @_@ 

Is there a possible way to connect those accounts to our WP ? @_@ 

More than the security.......

We hope that you guys have considered the INCONVENIENCE that your action will do to a lot of players...

specially those who were put in TRUST of an account in game... by a player who quit... but have not given their email or wp...

Why just put reward to those who changed password but just do nothing for those who don't @_@ 

Edited by AkM002, 14 December 2020 - 05:31 PM.

#12 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:24 PM

Me who has something something 30 accounts from old guildmates that were entrusted to me when they went for greener pastures: well I guess im f * c k e d

Why dont we have options to "not change it at all since hackers wont even give a c r a p on obselete 2015 items"

#13 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:26 PM

And yes its a risk.im taking, but playing in a comp shop where you get to mingle with people who never take a bath for god knows how long is riskier due to threats of "eyeballs looking at ur keyboard" and keyloggers anyway

#14 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:38 PM

How about those accounts left by our friends, and they forgot their warpportal accounts? What if the account password will not be updated, so it will be locked up? What if you just don't give the rewards for those who did not update. Because of this kind of campaign when our friends try to play again and they logged in with incorrect they need to file ticket and the support will take too much time to reply, they end up quitting. And support will also look for documents that this is their account.

#15 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:39 PM

I keep getting asked by people when I informed them, and just to be safe 'game account password' means RO1, ROT or any game account password.

It doesn't refer to our warpportal account password right?

Yes, the campaign only refers to the RO1/RT/etc. game account password to gain the rewards, not the WP account. :) Thank you for reaching out for clarification. 

How about those who uses friends account who long quit? with no WP or probably forgotten since its been 3-5yrs?

We will be locked out? @_@ 

Is there a possible way to connect those accounts to our WP ? @_@ 

We cannot give any account information out to anyone who isn't the original owner of that account. However, there is a possible way- if the original owner wishes to write in to change any of their account information, they can do so. They will have to have their account information verified.

#16 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:42 PM

Instead we enjoy holidays right now? I'm going to pm my friends so that their accounts will not be locked up. I'm going to chase busy people.

#17 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:44 PM

So instead of enjoying the holidays?

you expect us to PM each and everyone of our friends who quit/semiquit just to change password? 

is that how you greet your players with HAPPY Holidays? 

#18 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:47 PM

Yes, the campaign only refers to the RO1/RT/etc. game account password to gain the rewards, not the WP account. :) Thank you for reaching out for clarification. 

We cannot give any account information out to anyone who isn't the original owner of that account. However, there is a possible way- if the original owner wishes to write in to change any of their account information, they can do so. They will have to have their account information verified.

You expect the owner to write in a support ticket to update information.... as well as giving so many documents just to have it verified.. right...

Excessive Hassle and Red Tape...

#19 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:52 PM

Damn, this sucks. I have had access to former guildmates' accounts for more than 7 yrs. If they didn't come back now, I don't think they'll ever comeback.

I hope you guys will change that mandatory PW reset.

#20 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:56 PM

So you're telling we need to chase them during holidays? And they need to file ticket at support?

Edited by Varignon, 14 December 2020 - 05:56 PM.

#21 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:00 PM

Damn, this sucks. I have had access to former guildmates' accounts for more than 7 yrs. If they didn't come back now, I don't think they'll ever comeback.

I hope you guys will change that mandatory PW reset.

Well... we manage the account in the hopes that our old friends may play again.. but not like this...

So you're telling we need to chase them during holidays? And they need to file ticket at support?

That is actually what they want us to do... yes! chase our old friends during the holiday and act as if they are not busy themselves... and god be told we do not know if they still remember their account details here.... and to file back and forth ticket with the support...

A very good way for WARPPORTAL to reward the players for the holidays....

Passing on the hassle and problem caused by sheer negligence and incompetence from the part of the management... 

To add to that THE LACK OF PLAYER OR COMMUNITY CONSULTATION REGARDING THE MATTER....

Edited by AkM002, 14 December 2020 - 06:02 PM.

#22 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

Yes this is how you will burn our past the same way you have burnt our present and future experience

Make it optional to NOT CHANGE IT ffs, how am I supposed to pm a dead guildmate? Do you guys even honor the dead? Yes this is just a game and an account left behind is in the end just an account left behind with no one to play it but holy crap how am I suppose to say guys i lost the account you entrusted me with some couple of yrs before the game died just cause,

Call it a gm's pride or whatever tf you want since you dont give a f on guilds anyway but yes this is a massive kick in the balls for those left behind

#23 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:26 PM

The owner of my friend was died by covid19
How can ask any information since he is already died?

#24 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:28 PM

WP is been ignoring me for year ,i forgot the WP account because i need to work overseas and i stop playing RO for 2 year's, if you going to force change my password you forcing me to quit (sorry for my bad english) please help me i dont want to quit i can prove i been plying it for year but the info in my WP is not formal that why i cant remember it anymore .

#25 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:30 PM

This not event... u only RIP ppl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users