Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#26 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:32 PM

All this is just a part of a grand culling WP is secretly doing

First was the great EU block to force people from EU to stop playing

Second was the gioia xmas clab that was the surefire way to kill off most of Chaos'woe players

Third was EAC to kill off remaining potato users

This is the fourth move

Reason? Some new world order or some sh it

#27 AkM002

AkM002

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

The owner of my friend was died by covid19
How can ask any information since he is already died?

Well condolence :(

Unfortunately they want you to go to the mosoleum or dig his grave try to wake him up and ask for his information...

Otherwise.. no hope for the account you are holding with no info... you will probably be locked out of that account... 

#28 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Lets leave this game... its no joke... how come GM team working like this?
Event?this is not event... RIP

#29 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:34 PM

Why is WP allowing people to use their friends' accounts in the first place tho. Players dont know their friends' emails or whatsoever shouldnt even be the fault of WP lol

#30 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:36 PM

This is actually good letting ppls already quit to visit their own accounts maybe to persuade them to play again lmao.

#31 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:36 PM

All this is just a part of a grand culling WP is secretly doing

First was the great EU block to force people from EU to stop playing

Second was the gioia xmas clab that was the surefire way to kill off most of Chaos'woe players

Third was EAC to kill off remaining potato users

This is the fourth move

Reason? Some new world order or some sh it

A bit of off topic that CMMayari probably doesnt know anything about Xmas lab 2018 but yes ... from 3.7k (at peak) by 2018 to less than 1k by 2020. Justice was right again. Wonder if those PvMers still play iRO after the best event everrrr lol

But for this time though. I dont see why the fault is at WP. Players should not even be allowed to use other players' accounts in the first place. Also, using alts is the main reason many in game items are so saturated quickly and its very bad for a server like iRO which is 18 years olds now? 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 December 2020 - 06:38 PM.

#32 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:37 PM

Actually yeah, can we prove we've been playing the account all along. I doubt i remember the appropriate details for verification as well. 

#33 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:38 PM

Why is WP allowing people to use their friends' accounts in the first place tho. Players dont know their friends' emails or whatsoever shouldnt even be the fault of WP lol

Bro.. i m even have account forget warpportal information.. even my ID wapportal i m forget..

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:41 PM

Bro.. i m even have account forget warpportal information.. even my ID wapportal i m forget..

Real talk ... and its WP's fault that you failed to remember your "own" information? ... 

#35 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:42 PM

If this keep going for ppl forget wapportal information will quit game for sure

Real talk ... and its WP's fault that you failed to remember your "own" information? ...

N this called event? With RIP ppl who forget wapportal information

#36 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:44 PM

Something something goes back to the culture of.the dial up era RO players where people actually "live the ro life" and not a moneyburning machine disguised as game that it is now

Cant say bout the culture in ROmurica nor your ThRO and it understandably has some risk aka account sharing leading to missing god items etc etc but it is a risk many are willing to take

WP's unprecedented move is not part of that "risk", yes you risk your account getting banned if it is used for illegal means but an account becoming unusable just cause WP says so after staring at a ceiling eating a makeshift apple of archer as a bandaid solution to their own blunder is way too -_-ed up especially in a dying 177013 yr old game where only sentimentality keeps it alive

#37 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

Also just a question since i'm also getting this question asked to me.

It still count as a password change if I change from A to B and then change back to A right. Cause someone ppl don't really want to remember new password.

#38 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:54 PM

Trash reward for RIP my account information... sad

#39 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:55 PM

It still count as a password change if I change from A to B and then change back to A right. Cause someone ppl don't really want to remember new password.

Thats also right.. ppl have many character will hard do remember all

#40 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:56 PM

Good thing "My" account's password can be found in π

#41 g10vinzo

g10vinzo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:04 PM

Agree to this. Account should not be shared in the 1st place.

i'm sure WP will provide solution for your case if you ask them kindly.

Imho, everyone should be responsible for their own information be it protecting, remembering, or facing the possible outcomes if they don't responsible. There must be reason why one need to have a WP account instead of just game account.

#42 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:10 PM

*Please note that for added security, we are automatically updating any password for accounts that haven't logged in since October 14th, 2020. In addition, any accounts that have not changed their password during this event will have their password automatically updated on January 5th, 2021. If your account password has changed, please use the 'Forgot Password' option to update your password.

Can we make do without a full reset of the passwords of all accounts. I'm a guild leader with access to a lot of accounts of members who have quit (and lost contact) or passed on.

An incentive given for people who change their passwords should be more than enough to encourage the remaining active players to change it.

#43 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:49 PM

Wait is this event for changing in-game passwords, or the powerup page password?

Screenshot-2020-12-15-134701.png

There's no "Forgot Password" 

#44 Raymon

Raymon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:51 PM

While I completely agree that people shouldn’t be sharing accounts, legacy accounts I have a more lenient attitude towards.

However, I do think Chakri is incorrect to blame the people who have been affected by this, yes it is poor form to not have correct details associated with an account, but this would never have happened if Warpportal did not allow the username and password database to be accessed.

While previously Camp has implied the responsible party may have found the account access information elsewhere, this cannot be true.

Account access has been so wide and fast that only a Warpportal breach could be the catalyst. It doesn’t matter if you have used the same password for other things, Ragnarok still uses an account name that would further minimise the amount of accounts that actually use the same account name / password as other places.

To have such an effective and easy time accessing accounts means the people responsible have a database of usernames AND passwords.

Remember, they are only after easy sells like OCPs and MVPs, who knows how many accounts they have accessed and moved onto the next account as they didn’t find anything easy to vend?

This is Warpportal’s fault. The thieves are wrong also, but Warpportal left the keys in the car, engine running, and left the door open in the middle of a downtown carpark. 

#45 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:52 PM

I. Love this campaign ,

WP WARPPORTAL

#46 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:55 PM

While I completely agree that people shouldn’t be sharing accounts, legacy accounts I have a more lenient attitude towards.

However, I do think Chakri is incorrect to blame the people who have been affected by this, yes it is poor form to not have correct details associated with an account, but this would never have happened if Warpportal did not allow the username and password database to be accessed.

While previously Camp has implied the responsible party may have found the account access information elsewhere, this cannot be true.

Account access has been so wide and fast that only a Warpportal breach could be the catalyst. It doesn’t matter if you have used the same password for other things, Ragnarok still uses an account name that would further minimise the amount of accounts that actually use the same account name / password as other places.

To have such an effective and easy time accessing accounts means the people responsible have a database of usernames AND passwords.

Remember, they are only after easy sells like OCPs and MVPs, who knows how many accounts they have accessed and moved onto the next account as they didn’t find anything easy to vend?

This is Warpportal’s fault. The thieves are wrong also, but Warpportal left the keys in the car, engine running, and left the door open in the middle of a downtown carpark. 

you got a plus

#47 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:00 PM

5th Jan 2021 is so farrrr away,

Right now you just announced ,
" hey hacker, you have now till 5th Jan 2021 to access all account and transfer all item to 1 account "

Shouldn't you just straight away update passwords for account that hasn't access since October? Doesn't that make more sense? Hello...

#48 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:06 PM

Agree to this. Account should not be shared in the 1st place.

Imho, everyone should be responsible for their own information be it protecting, remembering, or facing the possible outcomes if they don't responsible. There must be reason why one need to have a WP account instead of just game account.

Yup, there is a clear written policy already.

(snip)

Edited by CMMayari, 15 December 2020 - 12:33 PM.
cleaning up thread

#49 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:04 PM

why so many complain, like this isnt ours fault or why WP do this.
WP cant change yours password and WP now assume all account has been leaked. At least we assume that email password that we never put on WP site still safe.

if you forgot your password find "forgot password", and just click it.

you doesnt even need to remember your old password just need to login to your old email.

also if your email so --ck, click on add existing account to your new flesh one WP account.

and if someone forgot what email you use, that now your problem (also to me too :heh:)

#50 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:11 PM

The issue is ppls already forgot their warp portal account emails and passwords so there’s no other way to change game account passwords other than filing a ticket which takes forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users