Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Page 6 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#126 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:25 PM

Thank you all for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

Based on our analysis, the cases of account access are more wide spread than a single cluster of accounts. Likely, the credentials being used were leaked through data breaches on other websites. A common tactic used is to obtain usernames and passwords on Site A and try them on Site B, since it is common for people to reuse the same username and password.

Be sure to talk to the GM team about a one time Email change option for those that are linked to E-mails that dont work anymore.Due to Covid-19 and everything being shutdown including businesses getting ID copies of anything is gonna be next to IMPOSSIBLE for the coming months.

Edited by ZeoKenX, 16 December 2020 - 12:26 PM.

#127 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:35 PM

5th Jan 2021 is so farrrr away,

Right now you just announced ,
" hey hacker, you have now till 5th Jan 2021 to access all account and transfer all item to 1 account "

Shouldn't you just straight away update passwords for account that hasn't access since October? Doesn't that make more sense? Hello...

H ello?

#128 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:42 PM

H ello?

You do realize states are on lockdown atm right? Its not a matter if you care about that or not,thats facts.

#129 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:02 PM

you do understand English right? 

if the implementation is to prevent more accounts being hack. then it is necessary to take appropriate measures to prevent it

a half-ass implementation is a good as not having it implemented.

why. does it even concern you btw?
do you need more time to transfer all your stuff from an account that u haven't access since october ?

#130 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

you do understand English right? 

if the implementation is to prevent more accounts being hack. then it is necessary to take appropriate measures to prevent it

a half-ass implementation is a good as not having it implemented.

why. does it even concern you btw?
do you need more time to transfer all your stuff from an account that u haven't access since october ?

"Shouldn't you just straight away update passwords for account that hasn't access since October? Doesn't that make more sense? Hello..." Unquote-

Sometimes,I really wonder if people speak from there own personal "experiences" and try to map their faults on others... :ani_swt3:

And it concerns me because of the fact that my Email is linked to an old email page that isn't online anymore.The GMs have taken strides to stop the hacking which is very good but they forgot about Covid-19 in the process which halts businesses that run photo ID coping buildings especially in major cities.

#131 WhiteRabbit08

WhiteRabbit08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:03 PM

Good and blessed day GM team,

since from the start ragnarok take place in the Philippine i played it, upon this issue. like me i have account that is already forgotten my email account. can you kindly give us option that re can retrieve or we may know the email address of our account. atleast forgot email account by using the ragnarok account we registered. i know that the only person knows the password of the email add is the real owner. Most of the player will follow the rule but please give us option to attain your expectation..

#132 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:09 PM

So basically your guildmates too who use it, was also hacked because of this edited data.grf?

No one got hacked in smokies. Smokies uses legit client edits and macros that are allowed by staff. As seen in chakri video you can tell the difference in skill casting speed from smokies and other guilds.

#133 Bugz331

Bugz331

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:58 PM

so i forgot my migrated accounts wp email so what now i'll just let them die no alternative for those kind of player in thor or should i just send a ticket containing all of my game account ?

#134 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:05 PM

there are 10 people pm me in my post in Thor Group Forum, some of them are in Europe with the same problem with me(Forgot WP account) much worse they are in Europe, the process of retrieving 1 WP account is more or less 1 month and i file a ticket in Tuesday 4 ticket and support tell me that regular process completion of processing ticket will be not regular (2/3month per account assuming) and if denied you account is dead, what not putting consideration for overseas worker from the Philippines we dont need rewards

#135 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 09:56 PM

Eu = ban.

#136 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:22 PM

Eu = ban.

men i am talking to the behalf of the Thor Community that are affected with the password change not with Server who cause the problem, Filipino who are working in europe will comeback in their homeland someday like me i am just taking care of their account (snip)

Edited by CMMayari, 17 December 2020 - 12:35 PM.
cleaning up thread

#137 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:50 PM

@vmodsoup

@vmodcoconut

@CMMayari

kindly zap ill-mannered behavior.

should issue a account suspension as well.

this person been talking down to people on forum

pretty sure you've already notice that

#138 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:01 PM

@vmodsoup

@vmodcoconut

@CMMayari

kindly zap ill-mannered behavior.

should issue a account suspension as well.

this person been talking down to people on forum

pretty sure you've already notice that

i am pretty sure ill already talk to them, the page is a forum not a debate site you being sarcastic to the people who are affected, whe only want the Admin of WP to answer on the Thor Community who are affected  no to the Server who cause the problem, i can prove you are being sarcastic and troll already send it.

#139 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 11:29 PM

(snip)

Why are people discussing this like it’s a Ragnarok Chaos server only problem?

Do you realise this panicked password change ‘event’ is actually also listed in the forums for all their other games?

Warpportal passwords, Ragnarok / ROT passwords, Ro2 passwords, Dragon Saga passwords, and Requiem passwords.

What do all those passwords have in common?

obviously. it's not a CHAOS only situation 

Edited by CMMayari, 17 December 2020 - 12:43 PM.
cleaning up thread

#140 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:30 AM

Lets not forget that WP is only asking players to change their own WP and game password. They aint asking players to change their friends' account(s). You people are being too kind to want to change your friends' accounts on their behalf.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 December 2020 - 12:32 AM.

#141 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:47 AM

(snip)

The hacking is not limited to Chaos Server, all the account are under potential risk of being hack.

for your safety, Warpportal encourage all player to change their account password for the game access and the Warpportal account.

At the same time, this protects yourselves from cross-hacking. Using the same account ID and password to access other services

it can be your favorite shopping site, your subscription to online services and so on.
it is common for users to use the same account ID and password for different platform for conveniences.

For users who are holding onto their friends account. 
it is expected for these people to reach out to their friends to notify them that security has been compromised.
^ this is all Warpportal is asking from you. AND this is important. for your friends to safekeep their other accounts on other platform.

For users who has access to account, but lost the access to the registered emails 
CMMayuri stated that, the support team will assist the following users.
^ you can alway verify through certain fields provided during registration. such as DOB and Name etc etc.

For people who has access to accounts , however unable to reach original account owner.
you can reach out to the support team. 

What i am pushing for. is to have accounts that hasn't been access since a long time. to have their password updated by Warpportal ASAP.

reason behind this is very simple. As a user, you probably wont want to login to your account , losing all your items.
while you submit a ticket to request for investigation and items to be restored :
"sorry for the inconvenience caused. the incident has happened over a period of time, we are unable to trace and recover the item lost"

^ this is additional work for the GM team, & a unpleasant experience for you.

Edited by CMMayari, 17 December 2020 - 12:46 PM.
cleaning up thread

#142 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:47 AM

Lets not forget that WP is only asking players to change their own WP and game password. They aint asking players to change their friends' account(s). You people are being too kind to want to change your friends' accounts on their behalf.

we already file a ticket for the situation we have in Thor, Thor and Chaos have a very different situation remember Thor merge from IRO, even i only got 1 account of my 3 original account because of limited time that former PRO handler levelup given us all info in WP account is Rush and some are madeup or not formal, please just do not advice something that you cant understand even Warpportal acknowledge it and they willing to fix it, thank for understanding .

#143 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:49 AM

(snip)

The hacking is not limited to Chaos Server, all the account are under potential risk of being hack.

for your safety, Warpportal encourage all player to change their account password for the game access and the Warpportal account.

At the same time, this protects yourselves from cross-hacking. Using the same account ID and password to access other services

it can be your favorite shopping site, your subscription to online services and so on.
it is common for users to use the same account ID and password for different platform for conveniences.

For users who are holding onto their friends account. 
it is expected for these people to reach out to their friends to notify them that security has been compromised.
^ this is all Warpportal is asking from you. AND this is important. for your friends to safekeep their other accounts on other platform.

For users who has access to account, but lost the access to the registered emails 
CMMayuri stated that, the support team will assist the following users.
^ you can alway verify through certain fields provided during registration. such as DOB and Name etc etc.

For people who has access to accounts , however unable to reach original account owner.
you can reach out to the support team. 

What i am pushing for. is to have accounts that hasn't been access since a long time. to have their password updated by Warpportal ASAP.

reason behind this is very simple. As a user, you probably wont want to login to your account , losing all your items.
while you submit a ticket to request for investigation and items to be restored :
"sorry for the inconvenience caused. the incident has happened over a period of time, we are unable to trace and recover the item lost"

^ this is additional work for the GM team, & a unpleasant experience for you.

we dont have mass hacking in Thor period .

#144 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:53 AM

i have a language barrier i cant express myself more we have miss understanding because we have different situation we are talking to WP not you, your  advice and post rather insulting to us because we are working hard to fix the problem by talking to WP admin and support but you keep insisting something that are kind of insulting to us, just please be healthy to the forum is not a "debate"

#145 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:07 AM

so i forgot my migrated accounts wp email so what now i'll just let them die no alternative for those kind of player in thor or should i just send a ticket containing all of my game account ?

Should send in a ticket with all the accounts listed under that WP account, they may ask you for other information too, such as the name registered to the account and birth date/etc. Essentially, provide as much information on the account that you can and tell them your situation to see if they can help.

#146 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:08 AM

*Please note that for added security, we are automatically updating any password for accounts that haven't logged in since October 14th, 2020. In addition, any accounts that have not changed their password during this event will have their password automatically updated on January 5th, 2021. If your account password has changed, please use the 'Forgot Password' option to update your password.

So according to this statement “ that haven’t login since October 14th 2020. So if I login recently do I need to change my password? Or it will still automatically change?

#147 g10vinzo

g10vinzo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:52 AM

This.. +1

I don't get why one would bother so much about other than their main(s)?

The friends' accounts are most likely just any alt of your alts, and one can only play one single char effectively imho.

If someone is concerned about their friends' account safety, why don't just get the real owners of the account notified about the situation and see if they still would like to put an effort (whether to ask their friends to do the change or any other way) to keep their account safe? They are the real owner of the accounts after all, they should decide.

What if they are unreachable or can't change it before the deadline (forgot their WP acc/pass)? The real owners still can go the path provided by GM anytime they feel the most convenient (if they wanna comeback to the game ofc). 

#148 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:11 AM

For those who complain, replace "warpportal and game accounts" with something like "your bank accounts" in the original statements, then are you still not willing to change?

#149 Kimelym

Kimelym

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:27 AM

I dont get why people are giving so mucho salt to WP about this... i had a friend and i have his account, i dont care about his info, chasin him, or anything, the only pourposes for those accounts he gave me its to claim in game events rewards, like spooky or stuff like that. I never invested time in his accounts cause they were not mine in the first place. Now you come claiming to WP to give you their info and stuff?. There are a few rules into this my friends...

But in the case that you may have forgotten some info of yours then, they should indeed provide a way to retrieve the gmail at least.

Edited by Kimelym, 17 December 2020 - 11:36 AM.

#150 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:50 AM

I changed my password and then changed it back to my old password. Will I get the bonus? It's ok if I don't since the reward isn't that great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users