Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE*** - Page 4 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Password Change Campaign [12/14/2020 - 01/04/2021] ***UPDATE***

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

#76 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2020 - 01:25 PM

Because of this we would be sending e-mails to old players hoping that they can remember their warpportal account or e-mail. Probably warpportal will be receiving tickets on how the old players can't remember their warpportal accounts or their in game accounts do not appear in their warpportal account.

All I can ask is for warpportal to reconsider or atleast give us a way to send a list of usernames not to be reset.

#77 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:21 PM

Damn so many forgot emails cases! Like, bruh, how many emails do you have? All the stuffs smells so fishy!

If you had a lot of accounts migrated from pRO and there's a 3 RO account limit per warpportal account, you had to have multiple warpportal accounts to house them all. This means we had to create a couple of e-mails. pRO had several servers before merging them several times so it is not uncommon to have players have multiple accounts to migrate.

#78 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:29 PM

Damn so many forgot emails cases! Like, bruh, how many emails do you have? All the stuffs smells so fishy!

All the RMT accounts! Lock all accounts no one can change pwds to. This takes care of RMT accounts and 100s of gods in hat people collected from friends. Good job WP I approve! Stick to these cash cows that don’t spend the cash on WP site.

#79 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:36 PM

suck it up.

multiple account has been hacked. obviously data breach.

this need to be done, and has to be done.

#80 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:39 PM

suck it up.

multiple account has been hacked. obviously data breach.

this need to be done, and has to be done.

I haven't heard of any of my guildmates in Thor hacked (as one of the only two alliances that's a good sample size). Maybe just do this for Chaos only.

#81 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:51 PM

I haven't heard of any of my guildmates in Thor hacked (as one of the only two alliances that's a good sample size). Maybe just do this for Chaos only.

Only one guild got hacked in Choas. TBH I’m shocked the GMs gave any gears back since they love a good scam. Makes people spend more if they don’t quit.

#82 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:55 PM

too bad. suck it up, majority wins nobody care about thor

#83 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:04 PM

too bad. suck it up, majority wins nobody care about thor

you guys don't want to merge but want to implement things in chaos to thor. Very one-sided. Now we get punished because Chaos players got hacked.

#84 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:15 PM

Costume devoted eyes with code as a reward please :D! (Like old times). 

#85 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:39 PM

Yes yes, no problem! Always feel free to reach out to me for help! :no1:

Took you on the offer.

#86 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:40 PM

Tell that to those who caused this mess those damn cheaters from chaos... for no SPAM OB and whatnot + the edited GRF they have xD resorting to cheating...

while here we have as well... useless EAC ... that does nothing ...

Its not our fault either that their databases encountered error or was somehow breached .... then why inconvenience us? to share the burden of they ignorance and incompetence?

No its no ones fault. It's an unfortunate event. However you should realize that you or anyone having an access to your friends accounts is actually considered a privilege. Its nice to have, so enjoy while you have it. However, WP isn't obligated to continue helping player to secure their alts accounts ie friends accounts.

Also, cheaters are everywhere. I can't do anything if people wanna cheat. All I can do is to WoE legitimately like I've always been doing since 2013. Feel free to enjoy my last WoW vid under in my signature xD

you guys don't want to merge but want to implement things in chaos to thor. Very one-sided. Now we get punished because Chaos players got hacked.

I always thought its Chaos folks who didn't want thr merge lol

#87 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:31 PM

that password change campaign should be in chaos only, they will never understand that Thor have a problem in the 1st year of the server that force some player to stop playing for year's some player forget their WP account.

#88 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:59 PM

During Warpportal's Password Change Campaign, you can earn rewards for changing your Warpportal and game account passwords between 12/14/2020 - 1/4/2021. Rewards will be handed out after the event is complete. You can check out the rewards below!

***UPDATE*** Please know this event affects both Warpportal and game accounts. Updates have been made to our announcements to clarify this matter.

I just changed my WP passwords like a month ago, so now I have to change my WP password again too in order for the event to work? And wp passwords will be force reset as well if we don't do that now?

#89 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:20 PM

I just change it together yesterday, do I have to do it again today? Changing warpportal password is troublesome because you need to login those email for verification.

I can hear those defunct yahoo email users screaming in pain.

Edit: Can you at least fix the password reset email not arriving at emails problem first? And yes, they've check everywhere including spam.

I seriously ask WP to re-consider making it mandatory about WP accounts.

Edited by yamasakai90, 15 December 2020 - 07:25 PM.

#90 Argetlahm

Argetlahm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAt a Stone Pedestal in the Sword Cathedral

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:51 PM

If you had a lot of accounts migrated from pRO and there's a 3 RO account limit per warpportal account, you had to have multiple warpportal accounts to house them all. This means we had to create a couple of e-mails. pRO had several servers before merging them several times so it is not uncommon to have players have multiple accounts to migrate.

that would only happen if you decided to use multiple accounts for your characters in various pRO servers, I only had two accounts prior to migration, and that one account got a multitude of characters from multiple pRO servers. sucks to be someone who decided to create multiple accounts instead of just using one account for all, in the end, it ain't WP's fault cause in the end, as an owner of an account, you are held responsible for remembering your email addresses, usernames and passwords.

Honestly, this campaign could also be utilized by hackers as an entry point for phishing.

Edited by Argetlahm, 15 December 2020 - 08:07 PM.

#91 SEPH0411

SEPH0411

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:37 PM

Do we need to change pass the game accounts when we already changed the password of the WP account?

Do we have to change the passwords of our game accounts when we already changed the password of the WP account?

#92 Raymon

Raymon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:38 PM

Why are people discussing this like it’s a Ragnarok Chaos server only problem?

Do you realise this panicked password change ‘event’ is actually also listed in the forums for all their other games?

Warpportal passwords, Ragnarok / ROT passwords, Ro2 passwords, Dragon Saga passwords, and Requiem passwords.

What do all those passwords have in common?

#93 UpgradeAlpha

UpgradeAlpha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:44 PM

This is going to be a problem for me.. I can freely access my WP account but already forgot my yahoo e-mail password for like 4 years. I can access also my little bro's RO1 account but he doesn't even remember both his WP and e-mail account. I'm also not able to play since Locked down. RIP :-(

#94 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

Bring on the merge! Jet could use another ally in WoE.

#95 cauasus

cauasus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:00 PM

are there any plans from kRO to make our accounts more safer? i think maybe like after u input username and password, it should ask for pin too. some games maybe already implemented that. i know 1 games for sure

#96 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:00 PM

Why are people discussing this like it’s a Ragnarok Chaos server only problem?

Do you realise this panicked password change ‘event’ is actually also listed in the forums for all their other games?

Warpportal passwords, Ragnarok / ROT passwords, Ro2 passwords, Dragon Saga passwords, and Requiem passwords.

What do all those passwords have in common?

because thor have a big deal problem with WP account because there a large amount of player holding there friend account that don't have remember their WP account, and Thor should be left alone and untouch about the Password Change Campaign, tThor dont have problem with hacking please leave Thor Community alone!

#97 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:56 PM

I kind of expect a lot of Chaos dudes to recall Thor is a migrant and of such short notice, i myself have 7 or so accounts i regularly use on my heydays and many more storage accs so i do have a couple of emails used on wp, heck i even lost my main acc in the migration process for god knows what reason

Not saying i forgot em cause i didnt but imagine everyone else who rushed the migration process with multiple accounts and add them to others who were left behind as "caretakers", thatll be a hell lot of em to list down

Tldr: chaos doesnt care wtf we did to get here and same goes to us, both server have diff values and culture so dont force yours on us the same way you dont want to merge with us

####
Anyway i do have a suggestion WP in case you guys are still munching on makeshift candy apple of archer while thinking of the easiest way out of your blunder:

Implement the manually inputted 4 digit code on character selection, the same type pRO used, i dont have a pic but i expect you lot to know it anyway, its not the best solution since whoever has our passwords still has it but hey its a added 4 digit of protection that the hacker doesnt have AS OF NOW

If people STILL GET HACKED after that then you have a rat hiding in your basement and you guys should do your job properly and not INCONVENIENCE THE REMAINING PLAYERBASE FFS

#98 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:21 PM

I just change it together yesterday, do I have to do it again today? Changing warpportal password is troublesome because you need to login those email for verification.

I can hear those defunct yahoo email users screaming in pain.

Edit: Can you at least fix the password reset email not arriving at emails problem first? And yes, they've check everywhere including spam.

I seriously ask WP to re-consider making it mandatory about WP accounts.

Not to forget the fact that most veteren players email databases no longer exist which cannot be helped due to Covid-19 atm and/or the email database being gone for whatever reason.I dont see WP going through this without re-considering that as well.There should be at least a one time email switch option by default.

#99 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:26 PM

I kind of expect a lot of Chaos dudes to recall Thor is a migrant and of such short notice, i myself have 7 or so accounts i regularly use on my heydays and many more storage accs so i do have a couple of emails used on wp, heck i even lost my main acc in the migration process for god knows what reason

Not saying i forgot em cause i didnt but imagine everyone else who rushed the migration process with multiple accounts and add them to others who were left behind as "caretakers", thatll be a hell lot of em to list down

Tldr: chaos doesnt care wtf we did to get here and same goes to us, both server have diff values and culture so dont force yours on us the same way you dont want to merge with us

####
Anyway i do have a suggestion WP in case you guys are still munching on makeshift candy apple of archer while thinking of the easiest way out of your blunder:

Implement the manually inputted 4 digit code on character selection, the same type pRO used, i dont have a pic but i expect you lot to know it anyway, its not the best solution since whoever has our passwords still has it but hey its a added 4 digit of protection that the hacker doesnt have AS OF NOW

If people STILL GET HACKED after that then you have a rat hiding in your basement and you guys should do your job properly and not INCONVENIENCE THE REMAINING PLAYERBASE FFS

we have the same story men i am still disappointed from what happened, i cant merge my two account because IRO is block in Taiwan the merging is so rush that all  player calling to file suit to Levelup(the greatest scammer all time)

#100 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:10 AM

Tell that to those who caused this mess those damn cheaters from chaos... for no SPAM OB and whatnot + the edited GRF they have xD resorting to cheating...

while here we have as well... useless EAC ... that does nothing ...

Its not our fault either that their databases encountered error or was somehow breached .... then why inconvenience us? to share the burden of they ignorance and incompetence?

How can you tell that to those players who already quit like 5yrs ago... or even those still currently playing who have not even bothered to check the email anymore... 

Plus the fact that WP is asking for too much document just to validate your account... imagine you have a lot of account to validate...

and Support does not even properly read your ticket... as sometimes you already attached a photo and then they will reply and still ask for a photo @_@ even though you already included it on your first ticket... 

I assume this campaign too is all about what happened few months ago, where the Guild of Chaos have been hacked, we all know that this guild use this multiple edited grfs with spamming OB and DD, and other skills that can be edited with no delay. So beware of recruiting this kind of players, and putting those edited data.grf just to win. You can watch Chakri's Video, where those RG spammed their OB too much.

Tips by the way, changing password of those accounts will not help unless you reformat your PC and use clean client of iRO. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users