Ragnarok Online Server Survey - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online Server Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#26 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:57 PM

"Subscription required to play" I see that you're dead serious. $10/month? A large bubble tea with toppings costs almost $10 and I finish that in 10 mins. Are you sure the company will survive with that little money? $10 for 30 days?

I dont think WP is opening another server. Well they might if they finally abandon this rotten Chaos server full of MvPs and everyone one shots everything (Then got bored and quit WoE/PvM or both because things dont sell anymore or everything is now macro'ing. Dont tell me I didnt warn you when MA meme started lol). Anyway if this survey is for Chaos server ... why dont you just try it and see how the remaining players respond? 

My take is that, its gonna be so negative. Throughout my iRO experiences, I found that most players were pretty cheap.

hey man jRO is 3$ more expensive, they need to be competitive!

#27 Ride My Toy

Ride My Toy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:01 PM

Hi, CC fix when? Any bugs fix schedule? Feedback? There are tons of feedback posted during past two months, isn't it?

#28 Maestrox20

Maestrox20

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:04 PM

op gear reward for in game quest is good, but thats it, if the server is going to get updated to be 1:1 with kro then 10usd may be the way to go, if things are going to be the same but without lootboxes then i dont think it is going to work

#29 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:13 PM

JRO us about quality right? Dont know if most of us here are willing to pay but again, iRO is kind of a half baked server lol

#30 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:16 PM

Chaos is not worth subscription with all its problems and lacking content.

A new server with episode 18.1 and 4th jobs and all the new shiny stuff could possibly tempt people to pay for subscription though.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 25 February 2022 - 08:17 PM.

#31 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:26 PM

So how much would be a fair price for the subscription?

18.1 and 4th jobs ... lol

They had better do the classic model, air time. Go by minutes ie 24 hours air time for $5 PER character. This will slow down any PvM market saturation by miles.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 26 February 2022 - 07:46 AM.

#32 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:26 PM

Oh, yes, please, monthly fee instead of gambling!

#33 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:34 PM

18.1 and 4th jobs ... lol

Just noticed 18.1 includes 4th job  :ani_swt3:

I feel like if we dont give specific episode they will just roll out another server starting at episode 14 for whatever reason  :hmm:.

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 25 February 2022 - 08:36 PM.

#34 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:39 PM

if this is for another server, dont bother. that mean you guys havent learned your lesson.  new server wont solve any problem it will be a waste of time for everyone, just take a look at RT and others.

if this is for Chaos / Thor, dont bother unless you guys are not dependent on studio to do any basic things, any kind of feedback wont change anything.

Edited by worldeditor95, 25 February 2022 - 08:40 PM.

#35 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:44 PM

If WP going to walk like other servers in the world by starting at ep14 or even 16. Then that is the end.

You walk into the loop that players will quit and go.

Even if WP makes a copy of Chaos sv 1:1. Then why do we play this server?

At last, if it changes Chaos / Thor, How does it change the real problem of reliable everything from the studio?

#36 Refire

Refire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 08:48 PM

We need rapair and update the old sever more than open new one. :ph34r:  :angry:

We need the feature not need restart a life. <_<  :unsure:

#37 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:03 PM

If WP going to walk like other servers in the world by starting at ep14 or even 16. Then that is the end.

You walk into the loop that players will quit and go.

Even if WP makes a copy of Chaos sv 1:1. Then why do we play this server?

At last, if it changes Chaos / Thor, How does it change the real problem of reliable everything from the studio?

1. Agree noone wants to start over and be limited on old content

2. If it did happen then depending on cash shop items come to chaos for JRO item and other one for pure KRO

3. Is there other server beside JRO that doesnt rely on KRO for every change?

#38 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:48 PM

"Subscription required to play" I see that you're dead serious. $10/month? A large bubble tea with toppings costs almost $10 and I finish that in 10 mins. Are you sure the company will survive with that little money? $10 for 30 days?

So how much would be a fair price for the subscription?

#39 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:57 PM

How many staff you have in mind to take care of this new server?

magus mayari or garnet will spearhead this project?

Studio side give you full authority to make amendment already anot? Or else everything you want to do, wait for studio approval. Not fun you know, we blaming warrportal, warrportal blaming studio..

#40 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 09:58 PM

iRO still have good potential, you guys need to focus on fixing the current problem and updating the software. stop making new servers, its like you guys never learned anything from making a new server. 

instead of allocating resource and power to making a new server, why dont you guys fix this server instead

#41 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:00 PM

How many staff you have in mind to take care of this new server?

magus mayari or garnet will spearhead this project?

Studio side give you full authority to make amendment already anot? Or else everything you want to do, wait for studio approval. Not fun you know, we blaming warrportal, warrportal blaming studio..

agreed, this is also what i emphasized before. as long iRO are highly dependent on studio for any little updates and changes, it will just same old boring story again and again. studio this studio that

#42 RazXII

RazXII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLost in Hazy
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:55 PM

At this point in time wouldn’t it better to clarify in transparency what is in fact being done if it goes into a subscription model again like the early days of RO. What’s in development? If there were any? Does proceeds from subs are meant to put into more into buying content? Or just another way to milk squeeze dry an already exhausted and tired playerbase again with poorly planned server planning n implementation? Is there even a development plan in/on schedule? A planned chart? Anything?

I don’t see the reason why you would need to resort back to turning Ragnarok a subscription based game to play for a tired bunch just to play a game that can be summed up to:

(1) lacking appropriate regular number of content,

(2) is buggy and on top of newer QoL additions to a buggy framework making it more bugged,

(3) the anti cheat addition to the client that is more trouble than it’s worth that tends to be faulty and makes you unable to start up gaming.

(4) cash shop items for some to be almost nigh impossible to get basically gambling away, is too OP making PvP/PvM utterly boring and is not readjusted enough for iRO use, or just does not functions as it should based on the parameters of the said gear/item based on its description.

By putting in a subscription to play. Your just chasing players away and it maybe the last nail being put down into the coffin for RO. We know the state of Ragnarok is. But would we be willing to pay monthly subs for it? No way, if it stays as it always has been as now. It maybe a novelty for kids nowadays to see 2D-CG style gaming compared to nowadays games, if it were a still renowned gaming title it would’ve been fine, but as all it has is just for the nostalgia for it. Good luck with that. They rather spend more on lunch money or saving for the latest games.

As consumers as well as players, we want the goods we’re buying to be of some quality. Not to be repackaged and recycled god knows how many times again. I won’t make a comparison between iRO and jRO. They are 2 different entities with 2 differing licensing, hence quality and service wise, there is no need to explain since iRO even reaps costumes from there. Since long before when, it has always been that kRO supplying content to iRO since it can’t develop by itself limited to just a few custom additions and rights to commercialize. I don’t see any difference at all from before to now, which is just disappointing. iRO became nothing more than a jumbled-up mix of broken to a redundant server game.

I appreciate that the staff does take an effort on making a survey, but is this survey is for the benefit on Ragnarok Online and not some development onto another mobile gaming platform with the ideas spun around from the veteran and old players here? Despite the fact there is already an existing topic on improvements for RO, that seems to be splendidly ignored so why would it be any different now and to whose benefit?

#43 UzerIuckly22

UzerIuckly22

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 25 February 2022 - 10:59 PM

New server? So are we talking no kafra blue potions or are we not serious? *plays song: kafra blues*

Any item that has a high drop rate should have its drop rate and npc sell price reduced.

Remember when iro launched transcendence, they made sure the equips had a nerf on the npc selling price. Do something like that.

For the equips and their slotted [1] variants that drop from mobs that also sell for zeny over 1000.

Example: Stiletto, Gladius, Boots, Full Plate, Gold Ring, Diamond Ring, Huuma Shuriken, Harp, Two-Handed Sword, Manteau, Ring, Undershirt,

Goibne's Helm, Goibne's Armor, Goibne's Spaulders, Goibne's Greaves, etc.

Drop rate of equips should be under 0.10 and have their selling price changed to 1 zeny.

Items that can be sold to npcs in the game for 1000z or more.

Example: Mastela Fruit, Gold, Pearl, Emerald, Topaz, Witherless Rose, Sardonyx, Sapphire, Zircon, Ruby, Ora Ora, Emperium Anvil, Platinum Bullion, Four-Leaf Clover, 1carat Diamond, Darkred Scale Piece, Embryo Creation Guide, 2carat Diamond, Colorful Key, Elemental Potion Creation Guide, 3carat Diamond, Gold Coin Basket, Treasure Box, Wedding Bouquet, Colorful Brooch, Valhala's Flower, Crystal Mirror, Old Crown, Darklord Soulpiece, Tooth Of Jitterbug, Shard of Gigantes, Frozen Rose, Blade Lost in Darkness, Pirate Treasure, Baphomet Doll, Seed of Life, Osiris Doll, Morning Dew of Yggdrasil, Tuxedo, Anvil, Gold Bullion, Blue Potion, Golden Anvil, Silver Bullion, Stone of Sage, Garnet,  etc.

The drop rate of these items should be 0.02 or have their price of zeny reduced to 1 zeny.

This will discourage users from using third party programs and slow down the potential of the server having zeny inflation and it's economy being saturated with a buyer's market. When supply exceeds demand.

#44 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:35 PM

A new server with episode 18.1 and 4th jobs and all the new shiny stuff could possibly tempt people to pay for subscription though.

omg I would be one of those players! ;w;
This sounds super exciting, I've been wishing to see a sub>p2w server waa

#45 JinJakk

JinJakk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:38 PM

Is this the reason why you increase the team size? to deploy new server, spread them and no work will be done?

#46 sommoiz

sommoiz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:48 PM

Before thinking in another server repair all those things that are bad in iRO.

+1000000

Do you satisfied in Iro now? 

#47 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:54 PM

In terms of mathematic, I don’t see monthly subscription can actually feed WP, not even Gravity… imagine $10 per account and we barely have 1,000 accounts online; so it is just $10,000 per month, comparing to selling OCP and Kachua in cash shop, in 2019(?), you guys did $1.2 million, right? Which is $100,000 per month, and yet you are struggling from request update/bug fix from studio and we don’t have dedicated developer to even help with bug fix as it is now controlled by studio.

And when you mean Kachua and OCP obtainable in-game, meaning they don’t fetch values anymore; new contents coming or not is just indirectly affecting subscription and not the main revenue driver anymore. And hence, we get all bugs unfixed and top up with all outdated cash shop items environment.

#48 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:15 AM

To be fair paying for iRO at this current state feels like a scam.

#49 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 12:25 AM

said to say that buy we don't need new server,

we need update contents and OCP,

better have some customized contents.

Edited by youkidding12, 26 February 2022 - 01:09 AM.

#50 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:08 AM

In terms of mathematic, I don’t see monthly subscription can actually feed WP, not even Gravity… imagine $10 per account and we barely have 1,000 accounts online; so it is just $10,000 per month, comparing to selling OCP and Kachua in cash shop, in 2019(?), you guys did $1.2 million, right? Which is $100,000 per month, and yet you are struggling from request update/bug fix from studio and we don’t have dedicated developer to even help with bug fix as it is now controlled by studio.

And when you mean Kachua and OCP obtainable in-game, meaning they don’t fetch values anymore; new contents coming or not is just indirectly affecting subscription and not the main revenue driver anymore. And hence, we get all bugs unfixed and top up with all outdated cash shop items environment.

maybe they want 10,000+100,000 per month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users