June 9th Renewal Maintenance - Page 10 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 9th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
264 replies to this topic

#226 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2022 - 10:32 AM

@CMGarnet Does the team has any say on implementing new buffed MvP drops in near future updates? Besides the difficulty increase, I believe some new drops should have been implemented to craft new gears and Shadow Gears, to make the MvP hunt more desirable at the same pace it would make it more challenging. Please, check with them if there is any plan in implementing the new drops.

For example, with Shadowdecon drop we could get Elegant Shadow Combination Scroll to get Elegant shadow gears (https://www.divine-p...ses-adjustment/). Could you please see if those new drops and corresponding gears/shadow gears will be implemented and the ETA?

By the way, @CMGarnet, thanks for trying to reply to the questions like Mayari did! :Emo_15:

Also, when you announced some patches back you would add new champions to field maps, we expected MvP bosses like Mistress, Eddga, etc. I suggest not to announce Solid Cecil and other "buffed mobs" as champions to avoid confusion, even knowing they are champions in description hehehe. It kinda of creates hope we would get something else :ani_swt3:

#227 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 11:01 AM

Your point about the bad MVP reward makes sense. With green aura, the current reward sucks.

But for your point of MVP competitions, no one is blocking you from being stronger in this game, you keep mention you average players can kill MVPs before another OP player come, but isn't this part of the competition too? If you are weaker, you just lose, that is fair isn't it? You can always find proper MVPs to kill with whatever gears and skills you have, what you are saying is like "oh I want to compete higher tier MVPs with worse gear, but I still want the same chance to get good rewards from them", do you think it sounds fair?

Also there is something called "instance" in iRO like Central lab and ET, where you face no competition and you can take however long to kill the MVPs. Again the MVPs in field maps are free for all, don't cry like a baby if you cannot compete with others.

I never said the problem was the competition. I for one enjoy trying to find and kill them before anyone else can. For me, that is far more challenging than just simply buying the right alt q. The problem is that now there is no real competition, because there is no real motivation. I can easily find Hatii alive and nobody will want to beat it other than a crazy op player who can take it down in 3 seconds because they have Pazuzu, Dark Ring or some other crazy expensive equipment that someone like myself who spent literal years of my life grinding still is nowhere near buying it.

Even if i were to grind more for these equipments, i'd no longer have any reason to hunt those weaker bosses, as their exp would no longer be necessary, their equipment nowhere near as strong compared to what i already have, their drops far from profitable for the most part and the supposed challenge will be long gone by that point, especially with less people looking for them.

The act of deliberately searching for mvps and being able to do it free of commitment wherever and whenever you want (without repeating a story over and over again in some cases) is why you can't really compare field mvps to instance bosses. They are two different things, and just because some of the instances have mvps doesn't mean that giving the same boost to the field bosses without looking into them individually and without improving their rewards accordingly is a good thing, at least not for the moment where we are at with this server.

You know i was referring to low tier mvps when i said some of them should be more accessible to less funded players, it was already stated multiple times. But if you are gonna resort to petty insults, calling everyone who disagrees with you a baby, aswell as distorting everything that was brought up here in an attempt to make it fit your narrative, then you might aswell discuss this with somebody else.

Edited by thiagomestres, 13 June 2022 - 12:40 PM.

#228 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2022 - 12:38 PM

I never said the problem was the competition. I for one enjoy trying to find and kill them before anyone else can. For me, that is far more challenging than just simply buying the right alt q. The problem is that now there is no real competition, because there is no real motivation. I can easily find Hatii alive and nobody will want to beat it other than a crazy op player who can take it down in 3 seconds because they have Pazuzu, Dark Ring or some other crazy expensive equipment that someone like myself who spent literal years of my life grinding still is nowhere near buying it.

Even if i were to grind more for these equipments, i'd no longer have any reason to hunt these bosses, as their exp would no longer be necessary, their equipment nowhere near as strong compared to what i already have, their drops far from profitable for the most part and the supposed challenge will be long gone by that point, especially with less people looking for them.

The act of actively searching for mvps and being able to do it wherever and whenever you want (without repeating a story over and over again in some cases) is why you can't really compare field mvps to instance bosses. They are two different things, and just because some of the instances have mvps doesn't mean that giving the same boost to the field bosses without looking into them individually and without improving their rewards accordingly is a good thing, at least not for the moment where we are at with this server.

You know i was referring low tier mvps when i said some of them should be more accessible to less funded players, it was already stated multiple times. But if you are gonna resort to petty insults, calling everyone who disagrees with you a baby, aswell as distorting everything that was brought up here in an attempt to make it fit your narrative, then you might aswell discuss this with somebody else.

Again, I never said the rewards with green aura there is good, if you complain about the rewards, I am totally on your side, green aura with old rewards is a terrible combo.

But again, your other points don't make sense, you have to understand MVP is FFA, no matter a person is OP or not. Alt + q is part of the competition too. There is no one saying u cannot hunt lower tier field MVPs, losing to an OP player is not the same as having less access to average players. Whether players are OP or not has nothing to do with the green aura itself, if you really want to find something to complain on this point, you should ask WP to do something like nerf OCP, rather than remove the green aura. Also don't understand what you mean by having no motivation, if you are a dedicated MVP hunter, why are you losing your motivation with green aura? Just because of a few OP players which has nothing to do with green aura itself?

Also what I mean by instance is that you can still find many field MVPs in instances like clab and ET. 

#229 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 13 June 2022 - 12:55 PM

Kinda funny seeing people talking about low level players unable to kill field MVPs now that green aura is in, when basically every decent accessible field MVP is camped hard by the top few percent. To the point where you can never even find the MVP before its dead as soon as it spawns by one of the half decently geared GX alt. At least that's the case in chaos. If thor people think otherwise you should be a bit more clear mentioning it.

I'm not saying this update is definitely better for the majority players. I'm just saying it doesn't really change anything (in terms of field MVP it might actually be better). At the very least they wont be dying instantly to a rich RMT MVP farm-sellers half geared GX alt one a single MA anymore. Although I admit the increase agi buff will be a huge pain that needs to be addressed as hitting Agi up MVPs is purely a gear thing most of the time. And that too cash shop gears. 

On a side note: Make the drops better for reals, so that at least those willing to put the effort to kill those non camped MVPs feel rewarded, as usually they are the middle funnel players. Maybe central lab can be handled a bit better as well as that's probably more useful for farming for the majority people than the field MVPs as pretty much all get equal access to them. ET tho actually seems fun, although tbf haven't done it yet. Although would be nice if it somehow made GTB bit less effective as well at the same time so more people would start partying including the top few %.

Edited by EmoMidget, 13 June 2022 - 01:05 PM.

#230 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 01:28 PM

https://www.divine-p...ses-adjustment/

Mvps buffed with no drop adjustment made by iRO staffs. There’s actually some drops overlooked by iRO staffs lmao. Guessin they just forgot to put that in the patch.

#231 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 13 June 2022 - 02:46 PM

i tried boss hunt a low level boss using my wanderer reverberation build and manage to kill moonlight flower and maya boss my damage on them is 2k to 3k physical and 9k to 11k magic , yeah i know its low level but for me who is not boss hunt in ages knowing i can beat them solo is satisfying for me and besides seeing my name on their tombstone feels good , anyway thats that and i say once wp staffs makes changes wether its good or not you cant change their mind...

p.s

anyone has a vid about job change for SR and SE , and whats good build for standard equipment on them ? thanks in advance...

#232 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 03:07 PM

anyone has a vid about job change for SR and SE , and whats good build for standard equipment on them ? thanks in advance...

Spoiler

About the gears, if you don't want to make investment on OCP go for Noblesse.

#233 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 June 2022 - 03:08 PM

Those people who hunt MvPs in fields usually kill highly sought after MvPs in a second or even before they're even born kind of lol. If you really wanna make everything fair, make VIP character bound and put all MvPs in instances, which require VIP. No more MvPs in normal field maps. All MvPs have cooldown according to their respawn time ie NAR instance can be done every 1 hr, Gioia instance can be done every 6 hours, etc. The only difference is now everyone can have their own private instance to kill any MvP they want without getting bullied or harassed by better geared players or "cheaters". WP in return will also reap some benefits from more VIP sale, hopefully. 

Before someone bombs me with bull-_- and like what about competition? Stfu and come WoE to see how fun it actually is when you get to talk and yell along with your guildmates lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 June 2022 - 04:32 PM.

#234 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 03:16 PM

Again, I never said the rewards with green aura there is good, if you complain about the rewards, I am totally on your side, green aura with old rewards is a terrible combo.

But again, your other points don't make sense, you have to understand MVP is FFA, no matter a person is OP or not. Alt + q is part of the competition too. There is no one saying u cannot hunt lower tier field MVPs, losing to an OP player is not the same as having less access to average players. Whether players are OP or not has nothing to do with the green aura itself, if you really want to find something to complain on this point, you should ask WP to do something like nerf OCP, rather than remove the green aura. Also don't understand what you mean by having no motivation, if you are a dedicated MVP hunter, why are you losing your motivation with green aura? Just because of a few OP players which has nothing to do with green aura itself?

Also what I mean by instance is that you can still find many field MVPs in instances like clab and ET. 

That was not the point. We all know that the alt q is part of the competition, but when it comes to low tier mvps, less funded players should be able to compete on a more equal standing, if they happen to find the mvp within a reasonable amount of time, as they are the ones that can benefit the most from these monsters, while the richer, more "advanced"  players usually see these weaker bosses as an afterthought as they've bigger fish to fry. 

Making them a bit more bulky and balanced is okay. Problem is, indiscriminately distributing those boosts without thinking of them individually, without thinkin on the people who actually seek these specific mvps, that creates more of a hassle and unreasonable obstacle towards enjoying the game than a challenge.

You see, for someone who used to do 1kk of damage to them, they will still be able to do just enough damage to kill those monster in a matter of seconds. So to them the challenge is still non existing, while to others it became a complete waste of time, because, as much as they like hunting mvps, that doesn't mean they like having their progress halted. 

No, simply nerfing OCP items wouldn't be the answer, people spent a lot of money on these items thinking they knew what they were for. Even if the developers are allowed to do as they please, that would be completely unfair to the costumers. Do you know what the developers should have done? Reviewed each mvp individually, properly scaling them. Otherwise, WP shouldn't have bothered bringing these boost, at least not until the features and changes necessary for them be more adequate had already arrived.

And yes, we are all aware what instances are and that some of the mvps we see on the maps outside can be there too, but i already explained how they are two entirely different things and should be treated as such. For starters, instances have a bigger cooldown compared to their respawn rate, they require more commitment as it's more time consuming and often you have to deal with several of other boring tasks before actually get to the mvp, it's not something that not all of us have the time to do nor it's everybody's cup of tea. Their existence doesn't make the alteration a good idea, it just makes it slightly less worse.

Edited by thiagomestres, 13 June 2022 - 03:32 PM.

#235 IJNRakki

IJNRakki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 June 2022 - 03:19 PM

Those people who hunt MvPs in fields usually kill highly sought after MvPs in a second or even before they're even born kind of lol. If you really wanna make everything fair, make VIP character bound and put all MvPs in instances, which require VIP. No more MvPs in normal field maps. All MvPs have cooldown according to their respawn time ie NAR instance can be done every 1 hr, Gioia instance can be done every 6 hours, etc. The only difference is now everyone can have their own private instance to kill any MvP they want without getting bullied or harassed by better geared players or "cheaters". WP in return will also reap some benefits from more VIP sale, hopefully. 

i actually wanted something like this (the instance not the character bound vip), this also adds value to vip

#236 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 13 June 2022 - 03:19 PM

not party but a single rk

I forgot to respond to this but anyway, show your...or their gears so the people who condescendingly say you can still do it with non cash stuff can shut up.

[edit] Actually I will gladly shut up if someone can show me doing this with non-OCP/gacha gears. It's a losing argument because devs will always find new ways to further drive the game to the ground so you know, I'm just going to ask this one thing.

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 13 June 2022 - 03:27 PM.

#237 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 04:30 PM

I forgot to respond to this but anyway, show your...or their gears so the people who condescendingly say you can still do it with non cash stuff can shut up.

[edit] Actually I will gladly shut up if someone can show me doing this with non-OCP/gacha gears. It's a losing argument because devs will always find new ways to further drive the game to the ground so you know, I'm just going to ask this one thing.

Can't even imagine how hard it would be without them.

Personally, i did my best to gather a few ocp items. Not that many, but just enough for me to be able to solo after 150 and to kill low tier mvps and a few mid mvps. Would've gladly participated in parties, if only there were more of them.

Took me years of doing events, instances and dealing with this awful market, but i was finally able to get some of the ones i wanted, like a +7 enforcer shoes, pdm, seraphim coronet, +13 ruff officer hat, and some leveling gear for sustain.

And even then, i could still barely damage Hatii after the update, a boss that doesn't even give you that great of an exp or drop anyway. Now, even though i have a reasonable amount of Dex, i'm pretty much forced to buy a +11 phreeoni wings just so i can at least hit it consistently to compensate the laughable output, but lord knows when i will be able to afford that garment, since ocp items can literally double their price for no reason and we have to take it because they are not available anywhere else. Would it even be worth it though? I don't think so.

Honestly, i don't even want to bother with instances anymore since they are barely giving me enough money to get by. Wasted a lot of time collecting thanatos katar to sell, but the market is so dead that i have barely sold any. 

It legit felt like all my efforts went into the trash.

Edited by thiagomestres, 13 June 2022 - 09:06 PM.

#238 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 June 2022 - 04:58 PM

I mean, the reason most ppl make RO videos anyways its to show off, it stands to reason that the person doing it is likely to have some of the better equipment around.

In any case, you probably wont see a video of non cash shop geared characterd, simply because that would mean investing into pieces of gear that are ultimately inferior in power in some slots. But a genetic can do that without much trouble, the damage reduction aura paired with the generic damage increase over the years just puts them right back at where they were like 5 or 6 years ago, when they were one of the only classes that could reliably solo ET.

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 June 2022 - 05:00 PM.

#239 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 05:37 PM

That was not the point. We all know that the alt q is part of the competition, but when it comes to low tier mvps, less funded players should be able to compete on a more equal standing, if they happen to find the mvp within a reasonable amount of time, as they are the ones that can benefit the most from these monsters, while the richer, more "advanced"  players usually see these weaker bosses as an afterthought as they've bigger fish to fry. 

Making them a bit more bulky and balanced is okay. Problem is, indiscriminately distributing those boosts without thinking of them individually, without thinkin on the people who actually seek these specific mvps, that creates more of a hassle and unreasonable obstacle towards enjoying the game than a challenge.

You see, for someone who used to do 1kk of damage to them, they will still be able to do just enough damage to kill those monster in a matter of seconds. So to them the challenge is still non existing, while to others it became a complete waste of time, because, as much as they like hunting mvps, that doesn't mean they like having their progress halted. 

No, simply nerfing OCP items wouldn't be the answer, people spent a lot of money on these items thinking they knew what they were for. Even if the developers are allowed to do as they please, that would be completely unfair to the costumers. Do you know what the developers should have done? Reviewed each mvp individually, properly scaling them. Otherwise, WP shouldn't have bothered bringing these boost, at least not until the features and changes necessary for them be more adequate had already arrived.

And yes, we are all aware what instances are and that some of the mvps we see on the maps outside can be there too, but i already explained how they are two entirely different things and should be treated as such. For starters, instances have a bigger cooldown compared to their respawn rate, they require more commitment as it's more time consuming and often you have to deal with several of other boring tasks before actually get to the mvp, it's not something that not all of us have the time to do nor it's everybody's cup of tea. Their existence doesn't make the alteration a good idea, it just makes it slightly less worse.

The first one to find MVP already has some priority, and if "after a reasonable amount" of time, the more "advanced" player still get the loot or MVP or whatever, then that's it, that is the game mechanism or how MVP mechanism works. That has nothing to do with green aura. You cannot ask for something like "oh I am the first to find the MVP then that's mine", as I always say, MVP is free for all, and is not someone's private property. You cannot stop the OP players come to hunt lower tier MVPs, and again, this is not the reason to complain about the green aura. 

#240 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 08:11 PM

Sell convex mirror back at cash shop

#241 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 08:14 PM

The first one to find MVP already has some priority, and if "after a reasonable amount" of time, the more "advanced" player still get the loot or MVP or whatever, then that's it, that is the game mechanism or how MVP mechanism works. That has nothing to do with green aura. You cannot ask for something like "oh I am the first to find the MVP then that's mine", as I always say, MVP is free for all, and is not someone's private property. You cannot stop the OP players come to hunt lower tier MVPs, and again, this is not the reason to complain about the green aura. 

??? The complaint wasn't about that, it was about scaling and reviewing the mvps individually or at least holding off the boost on some of them until certain improvements arrived. I quite clearly said that these players often don't bother with low tier mvp. Why would they? They aren't gonna be challenged by it, they don't need that small amount of exp and they can clearly find something more lucrative to do like killing Celine Kimi for example.

Can count on one hand how many lvl 185 crazy strong characters doing outrageous damage i found looking for the likes of Phreeoni, Maya and Hatii these past weeks leading up to the update. In fact, i don't even need a hand because it was none. 

---

Some of y'all seem to not have hunted them in quite a while... A convex mirror would be a complete waste on small time MVPs. All it takes is a beelzebu wing and some item/skill to increase your movement speed, then you'll be able to check where they are in a matter of a few minutes.

No, camping is not that big of a problem for mvps that don't have fixed spawn. Do y'all even know what camping means?! Just because someone keeps tabs on which mvp they killed doesn't mean they are camping. You can also see the boss' grave for yourself and check the time they were killed, so you can try again next time. 

Actually, even some of the ones that do have fixed spawn can still be often found alive, like General Turtle, since it's respawn rate is only 1h, the map is quite far away and, tho that center chamber is it's fixed spawn location, he can spawn anywhere there. Granted that problem was indeed present sometimes for the likes of Moonlight Flower. But otherwise, the chances of you finding the mvp is just the same as the others, because guess what nobody is gonna waste a freaking convex mirror on them lol

Honestly, i don't know why people who have only been doing instances are so concerned over the opinions of people who sought these low tier mvps outside?! Makes no sense to me.

Anyway, a thing that i think everyone can agree is that, if they are not gonna take this server's situation into consideration, at the very least the new drops should've been included alongside the green aura aswell, just like they were in kRO.

So let's leave it at that.

Edited by thiagomestres, 13 June 2022 - 08:49 PM.

#242 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 June 2022 - 08:50 PM

thiagomestres - 96 points

mic9010 - 69 points

So far ... 

#243 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 13 June 2022 - 11:40 PM

Spoiler

About the gears, if you don't want to make investment on OCP go for Noblesse.

thanks i just change to star emperor, whats the build and skill should i use ? my ocps are just utility hp and sp gain such as cvb and +12 eda thats all...

#244 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 14 June 2022 - 07:07 AM

The West Orc map was taken out of the game. Access to it now is a VIP perk.

So why not make every MVP on field maps, instances, etc the green arua version, and put the old, weakened version in the VIP Summoner? That's still a thing, right?

#245 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 14 June 2022 - 01:40 PM

The West Orc map was taken out of the game. Access to it now is a VIP perk.

So why not make every MVP on field maps, instances, etc the green arua version, and put the old, weakened version in the VIP Summoner? That's still a thing, right?

They are essentially the same monster, and not a new entity, just have the aura enabled and new skills added.

#246 Ziyuukun

Ziyuukun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 03:14 PM

Those who can kill enemies instantly are not affected by this MVP buff.

In other words, those who have had to struggle will not struggle, but those who are struggling will only struggle more.

An MVP buff that afflicts those who don't have the ideal equipment.
:wacko:

Edited by Ziyuukun, 14 June 2022 - 03:15 PM.

#247 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 14 June 2022 - 05:21 PM

Once Soul Linker has changed into Soul Reaper they will not be able to receive equipments from Eden, I suspect that Star Emperor has the same issue

#248 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 12:34 AM

Ya'll complaining before that every mvp is too easy, now they added green aura and new skill and ya'll still complaining, Ragnarok is a MMORPG, which gives u a chance to play with other players, to all the people complaining that they don't have gears to solo, then don't solo it, there is a thing called "party". If u don't want to party with other players then u don't have a Choice but to get better gears, even if ya'll cry, it is part of the update even in kro and there's nothing u guys can do, just accept it, either party play or buy better gears, end of story

Edit: or make a gx and buy enforcer shoes end of argument

Edited by T1tanG3l, 15 June 2022 - 12:37 AM.

#249 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 03:47 AM

Ya'll complaining before that every mvp is too easy, now they added green aura and new skill and ya'll still complaining, Ragnarok is a MMORPG, which gives u a chance to play with other players, to all the people complaining that they don't have gears to solo, then don't solo it, there is a thing called "party". If u don't want to party with other players then u don't have a Choice but to get better gears, even if ya'll cry, it is part of the update even in kro and there's nothing u guys can do, just accept it, either party play or buy better gears, end of story

Edit: or make a gx and buy enforcer shoes end of argument

This is iRO, you'll hardly find parties for leveling let alone for killing field mvps. Nearly all good items here are ocp exclusive and they mostly focus on dps rather than survivability unlike servers such as kRO/bRO, so you can't really kill them before they kill you, unless you spend money on an absurd amount of damage reduction for each one of them, which nobody wants to do nowadays, because it's not worth the time/money spent.

Asking for a a bit more challenge is not the same as asking for them to be boosted indiscrimately without any improvement to their rewards whatsoever. Dealing with the damage reduction doesn't require more skill, it just requires a ridiculous amount of grind for the right alt q. Problem is, by the time you reach level 185 and a 20bi worth of equipments, you have no reason to go hunting for them, as instances will give you more money and nodd3 will give you more exp. The only ones that might want to do it are the dellusional ones who think they will drop a mvp card and that somehow all of that time spent will be worth it (even tho a lot of them are not considered to be as powerful or useful as they once were, there are literally ocp items that are more powerful than them).

Besides, low tier mvp that give you smaller exp/cheaper drops should receive smaller boosts, otherwise people will just give up on them altogether.

They used to be an alternative for people who are leveling through 150~175, but now they are too much of a hassle for them, which only makes the lack of variety in maps that are this level range even more noticeable. 

I've never seen so many bosses alive since the update and not even the lvl 185 players are going after them, because, again, they have bigger fisher to fry. As for the less funded players, their take wasn't "oh i will just spend more real life money on it, so i can perhaps kill these mvps". Their take was "oh i will just give up on them and focus on grinding/instances, because they give better exp/drop anyway, even if it's more boring". So if their intention was to make more money that way, then i am sorry to say it failed.

Again, the problem wasn't the idea of making them harder, but how it was executed without taking the server's peculiarities into account. If they weren't going to properly scale these boosts, improve the mvps' rewards like kRO did, add more items that focus on survivability/accuracy rather than just dps (some of which should be non ocp) and allow more creative strategies to exist in order to be able to beat them, something that truly require skills instead of it all being just about having a ridicuously expensive alt q, then we'd honestly be better off without this part of the update, at least for the time being.

Sincerely signed by: a player who has a gx/enforcer shoes and still thinks this could've been better thought out, regardless of whether the update was planned with kRO's schedule in mind (which it wasn't entirely...).

Edited by thiagomestres, 15 June 2022 - 03:58 AM.

#250 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 03:58 AM

Update is Update!!! U guys dont want progress?? U Just waiting for monthly kachua and OCP? Actually im Happy in Green Aura even im not a billionaire ingame.

BTW

HUGEL RACING CAP WHEN @CM??????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users