June 9th Renewal Maintenance - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 9th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
264 replies to this topic

#126 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2022 - 07:40 AM

So now, if you don't have 30bil+ char (GX priority), you can go and -_- yourself. No more Central lab, ET, casual MVP hunt, only leveling and some boring dungeons.

I wanna see how GM/CM's and other "pro-MLG players", who declares MVP boring and easy, go and kill Ifrit/Belz/Valk/Atroce and other CL/ET bosses in New Episode 16 - 17.1 equipment

Don't be so exaggerated, any class can still perform those instances without the need to be a GX or have 30b+ equipment. Although certain mechanics in the field MVPs have changed, it does not increase their difficulty in an incredible way. Even though the fight is longer since they take only 10% of the damage, they can gain immunity to one element at a time for a few seconds and have some skills added the result will be the same, they will die.

#127 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 June 2022 - 07:48 AM

Can anybody confirm if Erymant's -20% acd is now working?

#128 CMGarnet

CMGarnet

A leetle Rubbish Wizard

• Retired
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 08:29 AM

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your feedback, I will be gathering everything and forwarding it to production today. As well as answering as many questions as I am able. Again, thank you so much for your patience!

#129 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 10 June 2022 - 08:31 AM

Why is it that SE/SR is on old 175 exp curve when we're already have 185?

#130 CMGarnet

CMGarnet

A leetle Rubbish Wizard

• Retired
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 08:32 AM

Update! We will be starting Maintenance at 11:30am PDT today, I will update the thread to reflect that. Thank you 

#131 Maggiemee

Maggiemee

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 09:04 AM

Why I hit the regular MVP reduce -90% damage..?! this is not cool CM. why like that treat us.

This server less than 1k ppl and you expect us to party to kill MVP? We waste lot money to buy OCP to farm ourself and you make us all feels waste of money on buying those ocp item. 

This is not cool man.

#132 Maggiemee

Maggiemee

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 09:14 AM

Green aura --- MVP will take only 10% of damage dealt. Where is "fun" in this?

This is ridiculous. why? This is not cool. very shock of the green aura mvp i kiiled just now. 

Full gear with ocp item which invest so much turn out mvp receive 10% of the damange. lmao..

this server is less than 1000 players and some said can party to kill. come on this is not cool. this is p2w game man.

<snip>

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Don't encourage breaking game rules

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 10 June 2022 - 03:10 PM.

#133 AkiuNok

AkiuNok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 09:31 AM

My thoughts, that nobody asked, about the "BIG UPDATE":

Star Emperor and Soul Reaper classes
ignoring the bugselephant in the room, finally after 2 years of delay, or more... also the "Modified Stat Boots" aren't new items....

New Episode 16 - 17.1 equipment
nice equipment for new players, and it would be

New Champion monsters introduced

Spoiler

Shadow Chaser balance update
finally! a detail, in the update page
- Preserve: well isn't correct description for the change
- Auto Shadow Spell: omits the part where the skill now work with bows...

now when mechanic will get teir missing skill ajustment? (aka enabling some skill of blacksmit while wearing the mado)

Enhanced boss difficulty
Another half baked update, where are the equipment recipes??

Additional 16.2 content
the gunslinger weapons aren't new... and about YSF Seyren, plot twist sill bugged

Doram skill balance update
no coments here

Removed Memorial Dungeon - Wave mode
i don't gonna miss it

Finally if this is a "Big update" the server is doomed, no new illusion dungeon, no new episode, in general the update is 2 new jobs and will be...

Edited by AkiuNok, 10 June 2022 - 09:34 AM.

#134 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 10 June 2022 - 09:43 AM

Cannot solo kill mvp = no fun, lol, I just like the complain show from spoilt babies here

Yeah your right!!   All the ordinary MVP hunters and new players now crying, But all the uber players now celebrating  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

#135 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:17 AM

WAIT! I need to actually be AFRAID of a boss monster now?
You're saying that until 4ths come out people will need to *gasp* form parties like the game originally intended?!
The horror...time to sell all my toons

Seriously? :Emo_22:

No, people don’t have to form parties. They just have to play GX. Nothing is going to change when it comes to partying. Nobody is going to be partying up for central lab (at least not usually), they will just be solo’ing it with GX’s instead of having the freedom to use other classes.

Really, this isn’t a new issue. It just highlights an issue that Warpportal refused to address earlier, and that is that GX has invalidated the need for other classes for a while now.

Edit: I realize now that Chakri already said this, but yeah.

Edited by Volbeast, 10 June 2022 - 10:31 AM.

#136 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:35 AM

Yeah your right!! All the ordinary MVP hunters and new players now crying, But all the uber players now celebrating :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ur so called non-uber players can hunt in a party, there is no blocking on that part.

#137 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 10:51 AM

Ur so called non-uber players can hunt in a party, there is no blocking on that part.

No need for that. Dark Claw -> Meteor assault = dead MVP. Of course, someone could also just play almost literally any other game instead and have a more dynamic and fun experience.

#138 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:08 AM

s> dark rings to your gioia sarah nightmare amon ra card 100000000000z ez

Edited by Boyeteers, 10 June 2022 - 11:08 AM.

#139 EmOGaming1991

EmOGaming1991

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:12 AM

SO SO the game is too ez people complain now they make MVP more strong you dont have to play alone is bad too ? Cant please anybody here. Btw what is the eta on reopen? 

#140 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:16 AM

Good luck getting 1 formed :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  , but again by making MVPs harder to kill ,only the powerful few would profit more, as they'll have fewer competition. 

Is that your concept of leveling the playing field?   

Let's talk about being fair shall we?

@EmOGaming1991

Bro the ones complaining now aren't the ones saying the game is too easy at all. 

Edited by Meddler01, 10 June 2022 - 11:23 AM.

#141 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:24 AM

It’s too late to buff mvps. Staffs could’ve done that before they introduced ocps coz ppls already have tons of mvp cards. Feel me? What’s the point of buffin them now. Same drops nothing changed they just buffed mvp. Hopin staffs could add a lil card rates or sumthin like ocp/kachua key drops.

#142 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:27 AM

MvP card prices should go up now because it doesn't take 2 seconds to kill MvP anymore. It takes more time but still 0 challenge. It's just stupid Als lol

GMs should make all MvP filed maps PvP. That's where a challenge is real. You will deal with players who can adapt and evolve stronger. Otherwise, we can take it as most people actually don't want PvM challenges.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 10 June 2022 - 11:43 AM.

#143 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:41 AM

The MVP Enchancement just means they're harder to kill but only a tad bit difficult. It just gives you more chances of getting cornered with the odd skill or two but that's it. 

People can argue that this benefits the P2W side of the game. But Ragnarok in the later years has always been P2W but some F2P players find ways around it.

MVP's are a challenge now yes. Gearing up is another challenge in itself that's true. But just because its hard doesn't mean its impossible.

#144 4579211005162558513

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Yes

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:42 AM

Realistically speaking the few people who post here regularly somehow get to decide some game instances (MVP buff) and to be real honest most of these people are in the endgame. Meanwhile a large majority of the user base doesn't get to decide anything because in all honesty this board has a really niche group of people.

Considering all of this, could it be possible to run a poll "in game" to decide some of these stuff?  

#145 MicahMalicious

MicahMalicious

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 11:42 AM

Can anybody confirm if Erymant's -20% acd is now working?

its ASPD not ACD, yeah probably a typ~nerf

#146 Akashu

Akashu

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 12:09 PM

There's a bug after the maintenance where we can't access the other maps such as Dimensional Gap, Midgard Allied Forces Post, and more. 

#147 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 June 2022 - 12:12 PM

If the mvp can't kill you then the fight taking 1s or 10s doesnt matter.
While it is annoying for lesser geared players that were rellying on bursting them down, it ultimately means that you have to build some defenses on the character, and cant go on the route of killing before getting killed no more.

#148 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 12:43 PM

Good luck getting 1 formed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , but again by making MVPs harder to kill ,only the powerful few would profit more, as they'll have fewer competition.

Is that your concept of leveling the playing field?

Let's talk about being fair shall we?

@EmOGaming1991

Bro the ones complaining now aren't the ones saying the game is too easy at all.

Oh I feel so sorry u don’t have any friend in iro.
Also what do you mean by to be fair? Those who are strong are also those who invested maybe a lot more earlier or played much longer. U don’t want spend too much or play this game long enough, and now complaining others r too strong and it’s unfair lol. I don’t have end game gears but I am totally good to kill whatever mvp i can.

Edited by mic9010, 10 June 2022 - 12:51 PM.

#149 Misfortune

Misfortune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 01:29 PM

Is there a chance for MVPs to not leave a tombstone now?  I'm not sure if MVP teleport when it did not used to or if it died w/o a tombstone.

#150 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 02:08 PM

Oh I feel so sorry u don’t have any friend in iro.
Also what do you mean by to be fair? Those who are strong are also those who invested maybe a lot more earlier or played much longer. U don’t want spend too much or play this game long enough, and now complaining others r too strong and it’s unfair lol. I don’t have end game gears but I am totally good to kill whatever mvp i can.

Oh i got friends but most not online anymore, no new peeps either at Thor,  i got some friends but of course they have their own adventure, I don't wanna disturb them, but  maybe i will next time, hehe.

Some even ask for my help even though they don't trust me completely-- well i don't take it as a bad thing, or blame them,  like in this vid:

Also I've been here long ago, always online, hoping to get another card, yet still  enjoying, trying to squeeze in boss hunt every now and then. These mvps drops in my vid was 3 years ago i think,

I'm don't really care about others gears and stuff, if they uber wealthy, not my stuff,  but i do care for others already with mid level gear would now have a harder time to defeat an MVP, i really hope population would still hold with this kind of punishments--o, i mean changes. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   I don't know, i really hope this would attract MANY NEW PLAYERS :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users