Item Mall Changes - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Item Mall Changes

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#51 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

By saying this is currently the best answer - this means it's not going to be permanent, am I right? If it is permanent then I fail to see how Dragon Saga differs from games like Conquer Online, Eudemons Online, etc which are entirely cash shop dependant games - being that if you don't put any of your money into the IM you're screwed and won't ever have the same game experience as someone who can afford to dump hundreds of dollars down the drain. It simply isn't fair and I honestly believe that cash-shop dependant MMOs shouldn't even fall into the category of being "free". This is going to create a completely unfair gameplay experience, even moreso than it is unfair now with players being unable to obtain the better heirloom sets for certain classes since the switch from THQ to Gravity (or whatever it was).

Although I can understand.. I suppose.. How this would prevent scamming, but really - it'd be better for the health of the gaming society within Dragon Saga who don't have the money to put into IM points to educate the masses about gold scam websites. :/

This post makes a whole lot more sense than your plan to "Fix" gold sellers. I just lost one of the biggest arguments I had for recruiting people to come play. Now we're just like every other no name "free" mmo where you have to pay money to do ANYTHING even close to endgame.

Edited by Akihiro, 07 February 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#52 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

Btw, thanks for screwing with the economy. So far...

Introduction of randomizers => economy gets :D => stabilizes after a while => randomizers taken away => economy gets -_- => stabilizes after a while, although still -_- => reintroduced randomizers => economy gets -_- softly => this change => economy gets :( hard.

#53 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:decard

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

somad2day

#54 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

So when is the option to sell in game items for Item mall cash going to be added?

#55 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

So when is the option to sell in game items for Item mall cash going to be added?

NO. If they let that happen they're going to lose hundreds of players. The market is going to go to hell in a hand basket.

I cannot believe they're ignorant enough to truly believe that eliminating the trade of IM consumables is going to in anyway help this game. It might help their pockets, sure - but it's not going to help the game. DS is just going to become like every other "free" MMO.

It's unacceptable.

#56 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

Can't say that I'm happy at all about this -_-

#57 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

NO. If they let that happen they're going to lose hundreds of players. The market is going to go to hell in a hand basket.

I cannot believe they're ignorant enough to truly believe that eliminating the trade of IM consumables is going to in anyway help this game. It might help their pockets, sure - but it's not going to help the game. DS is just going to become like every other "free" MMO.

It's unacceptable.

They're already losing players for this.

#58 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

#59 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

So why don't they LISTEN? If I understand correctly they've lost a lot of numbers switching over to WP, so why make matters worse? Why not become their own kind of free game instead of submitting to the will of their IAH predecessors? At this rate with MOST MMOs it's less expensive to just buy a game from a store instead of try your hand at playing an allegedly free one.

#60 yartrebo

yartrebo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

It's unacceptable.

I'm not even so sure it'll help their bottom line. Huge amounts of consumables are purchased just to resell for gold, at pretty bad rates too. You'd think there would be a less drastic way to deal with the portion that is fraudulent (which from what I've observed, was done by possibly just 1, and certainly a very small number, of entities).

Crack down on the selling end of it maybe? I'm sure the gold is traceable and I'm pretty sure buying gold from the sellers is against the rules too.

Edited by yartrebo, 07 February 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#61 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sorry, i don't think we understand. WHY!????????????????????????? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF**********************

#62 Jozito

Jozito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro , Brasil

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

WP fallowing the THQ steps....well we all saw what happened =/

#63 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

Switching over to IAH's system would fix the problems.

#64 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

I'm not even so sure it'll help their bottom line. Huge amounts of consumables are purchased just to resell for gold, at pretty bad rates too. You'd think there would be a less drastic way to deal with that fraud (which from what I've observed, was done by possibly just 1, and certainly a very small number, of entities).

Crack down on the selling end of it maybe? I'm sure the gold is traceable.

I agree with this, there's only one place I've ever noticed the spam for gold trading and that was in POTW on CH3 and it was only ever one account sitting there spamming - there HAVE to be other ways to deal with this. Unless they're using someone getting their credit card information stolen (for being an idiot, I might add, and using one of these websites) as an excuse to impliment an IM run in-game market.

#65 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

If anything this will do nothing but bad for Warp Portal. Not only are they losing players -right now- they're also going to lose revenue now that the people funding them are no longer buying insurances and randomizers for other people to sell on the market.

I've been a devout player, but this is making -me- have second thoughts.

#66 DragMaster

DragMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

#67 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Does WP know that we had gold spammers on THQ when we couldn't trade any cash item

#68 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Does WP know that we had gold spammers on THQ when we couldn't trade any cash item

#69 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

#70 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

I've been a devout player, but this is making -me- have second thoughts.

Edited by chaosdragoon1, 07 February 2011 - 08:13 PM.

#71 UVERkill

UVERkill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOutside your window
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

well.. I won't be getting any good items soon -_- especially how I don't want to spend money on this game... and now the only way to effectively enchant is to spend money on cash shop

might as well go off to another game now

#72 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Even WoW has gold sellers. You can't defeat them, especially not by screwing over your player base.

I keep accidentally writing essays on why this is a bad idea, so I'll just say this is a bad idea and hope everyone else reasons for me.

#73 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

How can you guys be so stupid...you're ruining the game.

#74 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

All of the above, avec nerdrage sauce.

#75 TheHero

TheHero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

warpportal- takes out emporia

me- well no point to do anything with my gears, ill just sell some IM stuff to make some extra gold

warpportal- makes consumable IM account bound

me- well, no point to buy IM now

this makes me QQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users