Updated 3/31 Discussing the VIP settings that are coming up - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Updated 3/31 Discussing the VIP settings that are coming up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
302 replies to this topic

#26 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

I think the whole thing of the multi-clienting is a push to keep some of the money they would otherwise lose from premium accts.

Let's just say you have a server with 1,000 paid subscribing accounts, including slave alts. You then allow that server to be F2P (Open) and lose roughly 30% of that 1,000 because they were alt accounts. How do you compensate for that lost revenue? Simple, strip the ability to use the alt accounts in mass. So if you have that 30% that would have went unpaid happily and enjoyed playing freely with unlimited accounts, you make it a benefit (as it should have been from the beginning) for the paying customers. When I played on Iris, I left with a HUGE portion of my reasoning being, why pay for 3-4 accounts when I can have as many as I like for free? Multi-clienting should have ALWAYS been a premium only benefit. But now pandora's box is open and it's going to be hell trying to get it all back inside the box.

Before F2P was even a notion, free multi-clienting on Valk wasn't an issue as the whole server was a free sess pool ruled with an iron botted fist. Valk was meant to be the bot toilet that gave Premiums the luxury of not having to deal with it. Now that the gates of hell will be opened a bit on Ygg, free multi-clienting is an issue that cannot be ignored. It will just cost too much money to allow it lol. What was once a Valk benefit that waved a big fat middle finger in the faces of paying customers is now the benefit of those customers that got the short end of the stick for so long. The game is still free to play, but limited as all free offers are in life.

On the other side of the coin, they have included special buff/teleport NPC's for premium accts. I would MUCH rather making my main acct premium and not have to hassle with loading 2-3 clients to play efficiently. Talk to one npc and potentially get link/endow/30min buff/agi,and direct TP to map of choice, YES PLS! The benefits do seem to outweigh the lack of being able to multi-client.

Personally, I like the sounds of things, thus far, for their plans of going F2P. This may change, but for now, I can hardly wait to get my 180 day subscription on my main account. I have wanted them to changed to premium acct system for so long.

With all of the other things being said, I'm amazed noone has voiced concern about the uncontrollable botting situation lol. Anyone thought about how this is going to affect the Ygg market? How it will affect the current Ygg community? Free transfers are nice, but how will the mass exodus be handled as far as remaking high leveled guilds? Will the GM's assist the remake of full guilds for those that choose to move their entire groups or are they SOL with the transition? Are there currently any plans to minimize the botting or methods in development to alleviate this issue?

On a side note, this may deter some and put a strain on smaller woeing guilds as Valk Server relies HEAVILY on multi-clienting for woe. However, adjusting to change is a part of life, get used to it.

P.S.- Thanks for opening Sakray to all to test. Finally, a step in the right direction. I NEVER planned to pay any company to test their product lol. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard in a LONG time. Forcing people to pay for renewal testing was a colossal blunder that only set back the whole game from feedback that could have been heard a month beforehand.

Edited by LordVader, 24 March 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#27 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Cross finger for no multi-client restriction =.=

At least let us be able to transfer money between char in the same account ...

#28 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

I don't understand the QQing of the Ymir players. They say they allways had the 600 storage and they were paying for years. Solution: continue paying the same money and keep same premium service.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 25 March 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#29 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Company

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

This is just a message for the GMs and not for the users(I write this cos plz don't waste your time to make reply to this if you are an user, I just want to know an official answer).

Well I would like to have this clarification really quickly. Will Yggdrasil become like Valk with all restriction?
Since I'm forced to play on Yggdrasil cos the only think that I was still interested in RO was denied from a trio of bots that I reported the week before of the renewal but that never they took a ban. So now I'm in a situation that if Ygg will become like Valk, I won't be able to use anymore my creamy cards and have the other intolerable malus, that I continued to pay premium accounts for years in order to don't have them, and I will be forced to come back in Ymir without the card that I wish (only reason to play on a dead server like Yggdrasil) after to have spent many dollars in supply only cos you said about this improvise change of Ygg less than 2 weeks from the F2P.
Where I'll also be without the certain that there will be any VIP NPC summoner or instanced dungeon where I can hunt the card that I want.

So if Gravity won't give early an answer my plan will be this:

Take the transf on Ymir and then quit, so Gravity will lose 10 payed accounts since my husband will follow my same way.

#30 Niohoggr

Niohoggr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

This is just a message for the GMs and not for the users(I write this cos plz don't waste your time to make reply to this if you are an user, I just want to know an official answer).

Well I would like to have this clarification really quickly. Will Yggdrasil become like Valk with all restriction?
Since I'm forced to play on Yggdrasil cos the only think that I was still interested in RO was denied from a trio of bots that I reported the week before of the renewal but that never they took a ban. So now I'm in a situation that if Ygg will become like Valk, I won't be able to use anymore my creamy cards and have the other intolerable malus, that I continued to pay premium accounts for years in order to don't have them, and I will be forced to come back in Ymir without the card that I wish (only reason to play on a dead server like Yggdrasil) after to have spent many dollars in supply only cos you said about this improvise change of Ygg less than 2 weeks from the F2P.
Where I'll also be without the certain that there will be any VIP NPC summoner or instanced dungeon where I can hunt the card that I want.

So if Gravity won't give early an answer my plan will be this:

Take the transf on Ymir and then quit, so Gravity will lose 10 payed accounts since my husband will follow my same way.

Good point. Will we suffer the same restrictions as valk. (No Kafra teleport, creamy cards,vitata cards, Skill restrictions and modifications, Increased prices.)

#31 Dioznitsio

Dioznitsio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, Mexico
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:13 AM

i think the multi-client restriction is a good way to make this game what it really is a MMORPG, but i am also concerned about the teleporting issue, i think that u should make a teleport NPC that ports the char to at least the center of the woe place one needs to go, like u see the only problem i fing is the woe teleport. about everything else i think its a good chance to return this game to what it used to be.

#32 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

will valk gain GTB/creamy/deviling cards from this?

hope not >>

#33 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:45 AM

i think the multi-client restriction is a good way to make this game what it really is a MMORPG, but i am also concerned about the teleporting issue, i think that u should make a teleport NPC that ports the char to at least the center of the woe place one needs to go, like u see the only problem i fing is the woe teleport. about everything else i think its a good chance to return this game to what it used to be.

There is a woe tele porter on ymir on each woe map. the only one they need to fix is rachel teleport. it puts you on top of the map not even close to a castle. Maybe have it go to top left castle.

#34 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

If you take multi clienting away it will seriously hurt the market and because nothing has been done about the auction house which could be a feasible solution for vending stuff offline (which mmorpg doesnt have offline vends nowadays?) the only way to vend and being able to actually play is to multi client, take that away and the market will suffer. That and we are going back years in time were people had to hex edit clients to do so, you can't just come and say 'it wasn't intended' when it's been 2.5 years...

Edited by Wanderer, 25 March 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#35 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:18 AM

If I remember correctly, there were plans on making Reset Stones give access to stuff? I'm assuming that's no longer part of the plan because there's nothing mentioned about it anymore.

#36 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

Since a sub'd warpportal account gets vip on all servers, will we be able to play on ymir and valk at the same time again ? I'd really like to have that back.

#37 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

A step in the right direction.

I personally like the duel clienting solution, as that's always been one of those things about Valk that really destroyed the idea of Premium. Not only could you make as many accounts as you pleased, you could log them all in at once as well and just slave or leech yourself. Going back on the idea and allowing it openly on both servers would severely lessen the need for anyone to feel like they should upgrade their account to Premium. And that's the idea, right?

#38 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

If I remember correctly, there were plans on making Reset Stones give access to stuff? I'm assuming that's no longer part of the plan because there's nothing mentioned about it anymore.

Probably still there. No mention of it right now because there's no VIP(Perm) dungeon for players. Those stone are meant for VIP(perm) dungeon access, if you do not have an VIP(perm) account.

#39 SisterGoat

SisterGoat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationWA, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

I also want to know if Ygg will be getting the same restrictions such as no creamy cards... if so then it will make my decision moving to Ymir much easier.

#40 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

do you guys honestly believe that if multi clienting wasn't allowed anymore that people still wont be doing it through other means?

#41 Smiggies

Smiggies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

Yggdrasil and Valkyrie will be OPEN servers, you can make 3 characters normally, and the other 6 with VIP.

So, does that mean we get access every already created Valkyrie character? If I have 5 already made, does this mean I can only access the first 3 and then have to pay for the other 2? Clarification please?

#42 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

A step in the right direction.

I personally like the duel clienting solution, as that's always been one of those things about Valk that really destroyed the idea of Premium. Not only could you make as many accounts as you pleased, you could log them all in at once as well and just slave or leech yourself. Going back on the idea and allowing it openly on both servers would severely lessen the need for anyone to feel like they should upgrade their account to Premium. And that's the idea, right?

I agree that in the previous premium/nonpremium server plan, unlimited multiclienting in the free server and restricted(because you were limited by how many accounts you paid) multiclienting in the premium server made the other differences matter much less. However, since the new model doesn't divide by premium status by servers, the multiclienting feature is not what will make people decide to go premium or not. The problem was that the features in the premium server were directly competing against multiclienting, which doesn't happen in the new payment model....

How can gravity make people want to suscribe then, if not forcing them to pay subscriptions?

Making the subscription worth it!: offer really good dungeons, offer really larger storage, fun instances, rewarding quests... no matter how much multiclients does one person has, if the premium features are worth it, people will buy subscriptions.

#43 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

do you guys honestly believe that if multi clienting wasn't allowed anymore that people still wont be doing it through other means?

Yeah it's kinda like how they made meth illegal, so you bought Nightquil, then they made that illegal then you'd just buy the bath salts (which have 25% meth in them)... Yeah people will always circumvent it, but saying "Hey no more dual clienting on the same machine and please dont try to circumvent it" is just trying to say maybe people should party more then dual client. But yes, people will still dual client, but that's up to them, but like others have said, just grab an old bucket of bolts computer and vend off of that, but for those who have to have 4 to 6 more SLAVE accounts... yeah that argument with that reason alone doesn't have great ground to stand on.

#44 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

People actually play FS Soul Linkers for WoE? What are you going to do if you end up having no Priest/High Priest/Arch Bishop online during the time of WoE?

#45 Gnedenko

Gnedenko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

Come on. If you guys are real gentlemen, let's accept the fact that we all (especially in Valk) love to bot and we feel uncomfortable for anything that will hurt our botting habit. Slave account? that is just an excuse for bot account. Be patient guys. One day there will be some one who can crack the this restriction. On to of it, this is a business man not just a game. I fully understand Warpportal team. They need to maximize their profit. So please stop begging like they work for a charity. F2P doesn't mean they have to give you ten free accounts just one free account is more than enough to call it F2P.

#46 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

I already pm'd Oda with my two questions, but to elaborate further (and perhaps others were wondering as well)

The differences listed on irowiki about the differences between the two premium servers (ygg/ymir) and the free server (Valk).
Mainly: Upgrade Safe Level and certain items [Empty Bottle;Blue Gemstone; Fly Wing; Butterfly Wing; Yggdrasil Leaf; Creamy Card; Vitata Card; Deviling Card; Golden Thiefbug Card; Ghostring Card] being a monster drop/npc/oca item, Teleport SP Cost, Kafra Warps.

Are these going to stay the same on the ygg server like the ymir server? Or are they going to be changed like valk?

I have read about the option for ygg players to become ymir players; but if ygg stays like ymir as it is now - with the VIP deals - is it then possible if someone were to move from ymir to ygg?

^.^

#47 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

Slave account? that is just an excuse for bot account.

I'd like to call BS on that statement sir.
Plenty of legit players have several accounts open at one time.
The market on Valkyrie is so saturated/inflated with items, that you simply run out of room, before you run out of items.
Even if you undercut everyone on the market. ( I know of the bigger guilds owning up to 5-6 merchants vending at a time...)

Usually when I log on, I first log on my Alchemist and put up my vend.
After I'm done, I log in my main account, usually to play my Sura.

Being a co-leader of the guild I'm in means that I also have to take care of buying/giving out supplies for WoE and selling loots from ET runs and castles treasure drops.

We have been looking for an active players that want to play: Linker, Warp Slave, FS AB, Glt.X, Maestro and Wanderer as Main in WoE.
Yet in the past 5months we have only found a few, most who stop playing it as their main days/weeks after joining.

I agree, in the core, the multi-client restriction WOULDN'T be horrible, if this was Ragnarok Online years ago, where there was a steady "warper spot" in prontera where you could go and buy warps from players. Sadly, as I mentioned above, people who play Priest/HP/AB as mains are getting thinner and thinner spread.
Even then I've only found a priest that had the warp that I needed a hand full of times.
Linkers are spread so thin, I hardly EVER see one in town and if I do all the planets should align before they have the link that I want.(I hang out in town most of the day) Now that I think of it, the only times I've seen a Soul Linker since November, was multi-cliented just outside a popular leveling place.

#48 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

Come on. If you guys are real gentlemen, let's accept the fact that we all (especially in Valk) love to bot and we feel uncomfortable for anything that will hurt our botting habit. Slave account? that is just an excuse for bot account. Be patient guys. One day there will be some one who can crack the this restriction. On to of it, this is a business man not just a game. I fully understand Warpportal team. They need to maximize their profit. So please stop begging like they work for a charity. F2P doesn't mean they have to give you ten free accounts just one free account is more than enough to call it F2P.

If they plan to control multiclienting by the client, your bots won't even be affected. You can stay in peace. The problem is for people playing through the official client, which we are plenty around =p.

#49 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Good point. Will we suffer the same restrictions as valk. (No Kafra teleport, creamy cards,vitata cards, Skill restrictions and modifications, Increased prices.)

Try reading the blog post. Everything is explained there. Hence "valk and ygg will be set up just like ymir." That means upgrades and ETC are safe to +4 with regular elu and weapons are +7,6,5,4 respectively for the normal weapons safe upgrade level.

As for the GTB / creamy / ETC cards, ymir has em so if the server is set up exactly like ymir ( as the blog post says ) valk and ygg will both have em.

#50 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

They better put the ability to put zenny in storage because if they dont i dont know what im gona do. Oh who am i kidding the gms screw everything up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users