Forum Event: What would you like in your VIP? - Page 7 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Forum Event: What would you like in your VIP?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#151 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

I was kind of thinking about the foods the other day, I was tempted to make the in-game creatable foods the last through death, but are heavy and only last 20min. The kafra ones are cheap (very cheap already) and near weightless.

Of course there is a box for food create items that has been around in the DB for years, selling that so the in-game cooks can cook. Not sure how you'd respond to the plusses and minuses on that.

#152 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

+20 food?

#153 GeeGee

GeeGee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAlt-Tabbed in Battlegrounds
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

How about all foods lasting through death, and +duration to VIP's?

#154 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

A Entrance Quest for a new Area (Or maybe just the quest):

Level Requirement: 105

Item Requirements: 30 Strong Vine, 15 Trunks

Quest Rewards: 1.5 million EXP, Entrance to a new land, A cute hat

I have the full quest written out, but I was told to send that into support instead, so I don't spam/block up this thread. :P

tl;dr:

You stumble into a dead body in Comodo and investigate. Clues lead you to a shocked woman in a Comodo Field, where another body is next to her. After suspecting her to be the murderer, you find out the killer is actually after her, with the previous bodies seeming to be her lover and her rescuer.

You take the girl and flee, not paying attention where you're going. This leads you into a new place, but ones with small signs of civilization. You appear with the girl next to an abandoned, half finished shelter, and plan to leave her there.

She pleads for your assistance, never previously entering the wild. You submit so this girl doesn't kill herself while still in shock. During the training, she becomes a stronger person, but doesn't get over the murders.

Training: Item Collection (Trunks/Vines), NPC Finding (Bushes/Trees for non-inventory Fruits and Berries), Training Session (Similar to Hunter Job Quest), and a quick lecture (In Quiz form)

Exp after every mini-quest turn-in. NPC finding optional.

After that, you proceed to leave the girl to fend for herself. But, you return a few hours later (2-3 hours) to make sure she is all right. She is genuinely happy to see you, but your return led the true murderer to the hideout. The murderer catches you unaware, and blacks you out for a few moments. When you regain consciousness, you find the girl and killer gone. You follow traces (NPC Shadows leading the way) and find two strangely colored Atroces duking it out. (Purple and Green)

As you enter, the Purple Atroce falls, and transforms into the girl. The Green Atroce turns into a young gentleman, who turns to be the girl's lover. The body in Comodo is not his, but someone who tried to help when he was trying to kill the girl. He explains that the girl is a reincarnation of Fenris and must be slain. Those who interfered were those of a clan wishing and hoping for the day Fenris returns, and also must be slain. As well, you must also die for helping her. He turns back into the Green Atroce, and attacks you.

He should turn into a combat-able Atroce with 1/3-2/3 of his original stats.

After defeating him, you check on the girl. It's too late, she took her last breath while you were fighting her killer. While you are checking on her, a combination of Wolves and People come out of the forest.

This is the Were-Clan who tried to save her. They are grateful you tried to helped her, and offer you sanctuary in their village. You humbly accept, and are transported to the New Town. There you learn that the Alpha's wife had just given birth to a daughter that bears resemblance to the girl that just died.

Gain EXP, Hat, and Town/Field Access. Fields have monsters ranging from 115 to 125.

Cat Hand Group is an ally with this town, even if it's full of werewolves.

There are some kinks to work out. I haven't figured out the name of the village or clan yet, or most of the monsters. But, this is just the much shortened version.

#155 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Ummm yea, did I mention PRICKLY FRUIT!?

Notice anything about prickly fruit? Yep, they added more spawns b/c it's almost impossible to get any otherwise. Why is iRO always last? Please do something like this soon.

Edited by LordVader, 11 April 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#156 jinesis

jinesis

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Why is upgrade to +4 safe, then +5 to +7 is not safe, then above +7 is safe again as long as you have enough resource.
I'm sorry to say, but this is the most broken and greedy upgrade system I've ever seen...

And after breaking 6 O'Riley Hat while trying to get to +7 while using Enriched Elus, and 3 broke while just trying to get to +5, I just give up...

Edited by jinesis, 13 April 2011 - 12:37 AM.

#157 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:10 AM

Why is upgrade to +4 safe, then +5 to +7 is not safe, then above +7 is safe again as long as you have enough resource.
I'm sorry to say, but this is the most broken and greedy upgrade system I've ever seen...

And after breaking 6 O'Riley Hat while trying to get to +7 while using Enriched Elus, and 3 broke while just trying to get to +5, I just give up...

Because if things don't break the economy is screwed as people will tend to only need 1 of each item.

If you played before these ores were put in there was no enriched or hd ores and people still sucked it up. Now you have options.

#158 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

How about doubling the mini game rewards for VIP members?

#159 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

VIP members should get a newsletter with a form at the back that lets them mail in for any rare lego piece they want.

Or just the old gravity newsletter with GM interview and whatnot.

Edited by Jaye, 13 April 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#160 jinesis

jinesis

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

Because if things don't break the economy is screwed as people will tend to only need 1 of each item.

If you played before these ores were put in there was no enriched or hd ores and people still sucked it up. Now you have options.

I'm not stating that these upgrades shouln't breakable. Breaking should be above some certain levels and not between. Make sense?

Edited by jinesis, 13 April 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#161 Haemosu

Haemosu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:10 AM

How about the option to buy ice cream and guarana candy from Brasilis NPCs X amount at a time instead of the stupid way it is now? (5 ice cream and 1 guarana)

#162 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

Will we see any buffs/VIP content added on this manteinance? Maybe adrenaline rush that lasts 10~20 minutes for bishops~? Or the enchant blade/striking option too?

Also, could we have primo d buffer heal GX posions when you talk to it? that would be a huge VIP advantage, and wouldn't affect the GX class much since you are already outside of battle if you go to talk to the buffer.

Also, an option to full heal HP sp for a cost at the same npc, and possibly an option to either saving there, or see him implemented in other places close to save spots would be super :blink:

Edited by Kadnya, 14 April 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#163 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Will we see any buffs/VIP content added on this manteinance? Maybe adrenaline rush that lasts 10~20 minutes for bishops~? Or the enchant blade/striking option too?

If there is an option for adrenaline rush, I want it for alchies and sages too. Soul links and endows would be nice too, at least on Ymir, especially considering that those on Valk and Ygg can make slaves for those for free.

#164 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

Ummm yea, did I mention PRICKLY FRUIT!?

Notice anything about prickly fruit? Yep, they added more spawns b/c it's almost impossible to get any otherwise. Why is iRO always last? Please do something like this soon.

I could care less about the spawn changes, but the monster experience changes interests me the most. O_O

#165 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

I could care less about the spawn changes, but the monster experience changes interests me the most. O_O

jRO has a bigger exp requirement than iRO to level up. So GMs stated those changes wouldn't work for iRO when the jRO patch was brought up. Though they will be modifying some monsters EXP in their own way to suit iRO in future, something to do with more difficult monsters in the same level range having a slight EXP boost I think unless I'm remembering wrong. Its a shame though they also seem to of dismissed the spawn changes though. There were some good moves made by jRO like removing the 13x Bios monsters from the 12x Remover map. It'd make the map make more sense when leveling there with the Renewal level ranges. Some other maps also got some nice changes. Like making one of the Geffenia maps Demon-focused rather than a mish-mash mix.

Edited by soudou, 14 April 2011 - 11:46 AM.

#166 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

If there is an option for adrenaline rush, I want it for alchies and sages too. Soul links and endows would be nice too, at least on Ymir, especially considering that those on Valk and Ygg can make slaves for those for free.

I think it would be great for every Cls and won't hurt the Share-Ability from Battlesmith Cls, cause they mostly don't share anyways XD
So yeah, an Adrenalin Rush NPC with an AR holding for half an our would be awesome. Either the normal one (only axes and maces), or the advanced one from Soul Link (for every weapon).

#167 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

+1 for 30 min Adrenaline Rush buffer.

Edited by soudou, 14 April 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#168 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

I think it would be great for every Cls and won't hurt the Share-Ability from Battlesmith Cls, cause they mostly don't share anyways XD
So yeah, an Adrenalin Rush NPC with an AR holding for half an our would be awesome. Either the normal one (only axes and maces), or the advanced one from Soul Link (for every weapon).

That's fine with me. =)

#169 estereofonica

estereofonica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEcuador

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

Is so funny to read some of the suggestions here.
We like the VIP members, must think on the community, not for ourselves.
Dont be so greedy.

#170 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

VIP benefit really shouldn't replace cash shop items guys (e.g. adrenaline rush scrolls, +10 foods). The +7 stat buffer was already kind of a bad idea cause it makes stat food kind of pointless.

#171 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

VIP benefit really shouldn't replace cash shop items guys (e.g. adrenaline rush scrolls, +10 foods). The +7 stat buffer was already kind of a bad idea cause it makes stat food kind of pointless.

Adrenaline Rush scrolls should still be better. They give slightly more to the caster. I assume a buffer NPC would be considered as someone else casting the buff (like a slave smith) but if not I guess it could be tweaked to be that way.

I never saw people selling +7 stat food much personally (I had wanted to buy the AGI variant but never found people selling them, Ragial says nothing since Nov 2010 for Ymir and Valk Aug 2010), only +10 so I don't think it'll hurt the market much. Its good that it wasn't +10 (and definitely good it wasn't +20).

Edited by soudou, 15 April 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#172 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

Another thing I would like is to be able to take the exp from any quest and have the choice to apply it all to base or job in addition to the special ones like Titans or Dragons. For example have the choice to put all the exp in base when it'd be wasted in job.

Edited by Trixdee, 15 April 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#173 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Job Xp conversion into base and the opposite if one already has maxed levels. Such would be a fantastic boon to players and really entice them to get subscriptions for those last levels.

#174 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

Adrenaline Rush scrolls should still be better. They give slightly more to the caster. I assume a buffer NPC would be considered as someone else casting the buff (like a slave smith) but if not I guess it could be tweaked to be that way.

I never saw people selling +7 stat food much personally (I had wanted to buy the AGI variant but never found people selling them, Ragial says nothing since Nov 2010 for Ymir and Valk Aug 2010), only +10 so I don't think it'll hurt the market much. Its good that it wasn't +10 (and definitely good it wasn't +20).

my point is why pay for +10 when you can get +7 for free? +3 is a VERY small bonus in renewal and I could only see people buying dex food. This eliminates a lot of demand for LUK/STR/INT/etc foods.

#175 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Well +7 are easier to make or find ingredients for but there were rarely any on the market I guess because +10 was more desirable if people were going to use foods even though the difference in stats was small. A few + for some may push them over certain limits. If certain stats are less enticing I guess that says more about how times have changed (such as with STR, I remember when 110 STR was like wow!), maybe the Kafra Shop could update a bit to reflect that for an added boost. It does cost $7 a month to use the buffer though, so not totally free, but yeah a nice deal for the money.

Edited by soudou, 15 April 2011 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users