Forum Event: What would you like in your VIP? - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Forum Event: What would you like in your VIP?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

#126 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

Got to admit id pay big to get several expensive items engraved with names.

I knew you'd agree with me on that.

I know there are quite a few people who literally spend absurd amounts of money on iRO. To them, the amount they spent is no issue whatsoever opposed to those of us whom spend less. So to the extent of what Mr. Budd was suggesting about big spenders allowed privileges.. Why not offer free, automatic VIP services, for reaching a certain spending threshold?

I like that idea. Standard VIP access to those that either buy it directly or spend enough to get it for free. Then another tier of VIP access for the BIG spenders.

#127 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Okay don't burn me for suggesting this but...VIP Kafra Shop for better items. I.e. account bound HD ore that goes from +4 to +7 safely, account bound other items like +20 stat food boxes...

#128 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

Okay don't burn me for suggesting this but...VIP Kafra Shop for better items. I.e. account bound HD ore that goes from +4 to +7 safely, account bound other items like +20 stat food boxes...

Stop asking for -_-ty upgrading.

#129 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

I knew you'd agree with me on that.

I like that idea. Standard VIP access to those that either buy it directly or spend enough to get it for free. Then another tier of VIP access for the BIG spenders.

I know they can grant 'lifetime' memberships, I'm sure it can be done for 'lifetime' VIP subscription. It would be interesting to know if the 'lifetime' winners of that old forum contest have VIP access. I believe there were 5 winners...think it was a t-shirt contest.

#130 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

Stop asking for -_-ty upgrading.

Everyone will when gravity implements a non crappy upgrade system.

#131 Lunalia

Lunalia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Fulls buffs for 30 mins from a npc seems to be a bit much =__= Its not fair to those who play the priest class that there be a npc that does more then us. Yes there are bless/agi/assumpt scrolls, but they last the same duration as if cast from a priest.

I think buffs like +atk, matk, def, mdef, hp, sp, regen, crit, flee and/or p.dodge would be doable, and different from the stat foods.

Eden npcs in every town please?

#132 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

Everyone will when gravity implements a non crappy upgrade system.

There should be some risk though, don't you agree? People want stuff handed to them for the most part.

#133 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

There should be some risk though, don't you agree? People want stuff handed to them for the most part.

The risk should be de-leveling the equipment. Unfortunately this is no longer feasible in RO - or at least not at the time being. The way it should have been done was take the normal upgrade cycle that we had ( with only player generated monster dropped ores ) and have them work like the HD ores did at first, with the weapon de-leveling on upgrade fails past the "safe" limits. Combine that with scaled prices for upgrades* and the relative scarcity of ores to players and it would have helped control the market inflation from the very start.

Unfortunately gravity lost all hope of this not only when they lost the battle against the bots and their overlords the zeny sellers, but after they let the markets explosively inflate for years without doing anything to create zeny sinks. All they have done is patch jobs... again. The enriched ores - less gear broke slightly deflating the value on the market, the HD ores that massively deflated gear values ( and caused a whole lot of crying no less ), the auction things that took zeny off the market ( but not enough, the items where not really worth gambling for and people only wanted a set number of losing prizes ).

* it should have been base cost to safe limit then base + upgrade bracket cost. E.G. attempting a level 4 weapon from +4 to +5 would be base + base, then to +6 base + base + $x, all the way up to +10 costing base + 25K total. That could have been easily scaled to match the new +20 limit. And it would still have been just as difficult to reach max as it is now ( maybe even more so ) because the upgrade attempts that fail would be flushing zeny down the toilet almost as fast as it was coming into the server.

If they could get rid of the bots permanently, or at least slow them down to a trickle, this COULD still salvage the markets... but there will be so much rage radiating out from the server from the item hoarders that it would probably fry the GM team. Not that the market isn't crashing already ( at least on ymir ) but this would really knock prices down across the board. Unfortunately it will make the rich richer for the most part, at least at first.

#134 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

I think buffs like +atk, matk, def, mdef, hp, sp, regen, crit, flee and/or p.dodge would be doable, and different from the stat foods.

As long as the buffs aren't a insane increase, it should be reasonable. I wouldn't include hp, sp, regen, or crit though. (& No to 30 minute buffs.)

#135 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Fulls buffs for 30 mins from a npc seems to be a bit much =__= Its not fair to those who play the priest class that there be a npc that does more then us. Yes there are bless/agi/assumpt scrolls, but they last the same duration as if cast from a priest.

Eden npcs in every town please?

They stack with priest buffs do they not?

#136 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

I know they can grant 'lifetime' memberships, I'm sure it can be done for 'lifetime' VIP subscription. It would be interesting to know if the 'lifetime' winners of that old forum contest have VIP access. I believe there were 5 winners...think it was a t-shirt contest.

Actually as it stands right now they can't grant lifetime subscriptions. My friend was one of the lifetime subscription winners, and when the system was implemented they forgot to turn his VIP on. I told him to submit a ticket, and they said they can't give him lifetime VIP, but they can give him a year's worth and if he contacts them again in a year, they'll give him another year's worth and so on until the game dies.

#137 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

How abotu they add in a npc that will break down elu and ori to the roughs. So much of a pain to hunt to and have to remake char just to hunt them.

#138 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Whoever is asking for the -_-ty HD ores to work as they used to, please stop thanks. That has broken the economy enough. Gears have to break in order to create a demand on more gear. That being said..

VIP dungeons
Buff NPC (something like the one in place)
Turn-in NPCs at a variety of leveling spots (NOT just rachel/AL3/ID3, I like to have some kind of variety)

#139 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

Whoever is asking for the -_-ty HD ores to work as they used to, please stop thanks. That has broken the economy enough. Gears have to break in order to create a demand on more gear. That being said..

Agreed. Do not want.

#140 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Summoner npc
You guys already have the script, just set a flag for vip

#141 Zenosbleed

Zenosbleed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationiRO Yggdrasil
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

I am a player from ygg currently VIP since i pay for lengthy subs and did not foresee f2p happening on ygg. Now i am disappointed in this change especially since ygg VIP< ymir VIP and the only response people get for complaints are "You can just play on ymir" so i won't bother going into that.

VIP should have minimal but distinct benefits.
In a free to play environment, the bigger the rift between pay and free players the less players you will have overall. A player feeling they must spend money to succeed rather then having the option is a very big turn off.

The only sort of players you will attract are kids who steal the parents credit card information and fraudsters. eg. Runescape, Maplestory, Mabinogi and the millions of microtransaction heavy games out there.

VIP status and Kafra Shop should serve as a sort of convenience for those who wish to support the game rather then a must.

Specifically In regards to VIP Status:
-Increase XP/Drops is ok.
-Not card drops rates though that is too big of an advantage.
-Do not increase refine rates.
-Kafra Storage anywhere is ok too.
-Convenient Teleporters is ok I guess, since everyone just has their own warpolyte anyways.
-Some people have been asking for OC/DC for VIP accounts, this is ok since people have their own OC/DC merchants and this feature would serve as a convenience.
-Small buffer(+5 Stats) or the one we have now (+7)is OK since the benefit is small and does not completely destroy support classes.

Global Chat some have mentioned may be something to consider, however whether or not it being beneficial to the game is another thing all together. This sort of chat channel thing in my experience is not very useful, people general gather at certain places or private/party/guild to do "real talk" and global chats are just "Trash Talk" or attention whores.

Some people have been asking for VIP exclusive maps and such. I disagree with such notions because it separates the player-base and once again gives too big of an advantage to VIPs.
This line is exaggerated but people are essentially asking instant 99/trans/150 quests/maps/instances and these are obviously no good.
MvP Summoner no, this is too good.
Bypassing game cooldowns is also bad, this also gives too much advantage to VIP.

As much as some really love these kafra items and I must admit use too, I feel they should not exist.

Kafra Shop Criticisms:
-Woe Supply boxes, probably a large revenue maker, this basically eliminated brewing alchemists and people hunting for consumables(hurts free players because they got nothing to sell) and because they are so cheap basically giving everyone infinite HP/SP.
-Convex Mirror, you cannot MvP without it it.
-All the food and scroll buffs. You're killing support classes and allow some otherwise impossible feats.
-Token of Seigfried. No such thing as game over anymore and also eliminates ygg leaves, priests and soul linkers ability. Win MvP even if you "die".
-Bubblegum and HD Ores.

VIP Ideas:
-Free monthly Kafra points as like when they were when Kafra shop was first introduced.
-Subscription milestone/Veteran rewards. Increasing valuable awards given to accounts when they have subscribed for lengths of time.

Veteran Rewards, Reward Quantities and Reward intervals also need to be carefully considered if introduced.

Random Small bonus system(You will at random get 1 of these once a month at quantities of 1-10):
-Random Dyes.
-Battle Manuals.
-Random Cheap hat.
-Random Rental Weapons.
-HD ores
-Token of Seigfreid
-Convex Mirror
-KvM Points Package(Unsure of what would be a fair amount also doesn't have to be KvM Points, it may be any Secondary Currency, like Hugel Medals.)
-WoE Supply box

I have listed some items in here which I said were overpowered. They are overpowered because they are freely available. When you can possibly only get these say once a year or such then it becomes special and not something to be used lightly.
For example you may get a handful say 5 HD ores in per year depending on your luck. You won't be able to get free +20 weapons but its a small bonus which helps, this is much better in comparison to spend $100 and get something over +10.

Increasingly greater reward System:
-Months 1-6, similar rewards to Above System
-Months 7-12, 1 random mvp accessory per month
-Months 12-18, 1 random mvp armour per month
-Months 19-24, random mvp weapon per month.

The rewards don't have to be random, maybe at set months a VIP player can select from different lists. So from months 7-12 a VIP player can select from a list of lesser MvP items and from longer subscriber ship one may be able to select from lists of

increasingly greater rewards. Example earlier months you get something like a clip and say months 19-24 you can get like Hurricane Fury and then after 50 years of subscribership you can get free god items.

Also these rewards don't have to be per month they can be when VIP players hit specific milestones, once at 3 months, then at 6 months, then 12, then 24 etc.

Mixed System
Also we could have a mixture of the two Veteran reward system I listed. So along with the random small bonuses per month, at 6th, 12th month you get a piece of gear maybe not stellar items but enough to let VIP players know their support is appreciated.

Edits:Pasting from notepad destroys formatting =.=;

Edited by Zenosbleed, 11 April 2011 - 12:01 AM.

#142 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is more than just upgrades that break gears. The +9 items that were so dear are much much lower in price with HD Carnium and Bradium here to stay. Would there be any backlash if the +4 to +7 safe upgrade event in game again now with +14 and higher items floating around?

Edited by Nitro, 11 April 2011 - 06:12 AM.

#143 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

Some people have been asking for VIP exclusive maps and such. I disagree with such notions because it separates the player-base and once again gives too big of an advantage to VIPs.

Its not so much the players suggesting it as more the staff have stated their plans to add VIP maps/dungeons throughout pre-F2P announcements (4~5 months) and also ask for people to suggest maps/dungeons in the first post. However they did say non-VIP will be able to purchase a Kafra Shop key to access those maps/dungeons. For those playing 'free' they will rely mostly on Kafra Shop purchases to bring in money.

Don't forget that part of this is adding premium maps as we get them created, so don't be shy about discussing monsters and maps too!

Edited by soudou, 11 April 2011 - 02:17 AM.

#144 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

I want duplicates of all maps, and next to every portal a npc (or same warp if it can detect VIP) that warps you to that duplicated map with higher spawns.

#145 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Bless and agi and assu are worthless buffs from an npc if you are a bishop. So instead, I would like to suggest that only for bishop, you get instead

- Advanced adrenaline rush
- Striking and
- Enchant blade.

I don't think it would be too much, we don't really have other things to do for leveling other than whacking single targets meleeing. Might as well make that whacking a bit harder and faster ^^. (That, or set the cast time of magnus to something reasonable like 5 seconds and add targets for it at level 140+).

Something I would love as a benefit for VIP, would be a stat reseter who charged zeny, kinda how the old resetter was, and advance the zeny exponentially. Charge X^2 million zeny per reset, account wide, where X is the number of times reseted. For example, your

First time, you would pay 1^2 = 1 million zeny
Second time, 2^2 = 4million zeny
Third time, 3^2 = 9 million, then 16,25,36,49,64million... etc.

It would not be much abusable since cost gets too high fast, at about four or fifth reset people would rather using reset stones. But it leaves you some margin to test your chara, and would be a nice addition for starting a character, or people coming back instead of just having 1 reset without knowing the new builds yet.... Plus it would be a good zeny sink.

^ That (but extending enchant blade and/or striking to other classes to, those classes wont be affected at all since buffing isnt their main purpose and can help to new players who will be able to level faster without the needs of a slave), and some way to make kvm points faster, like before, bypassing cooldown for vips, it was possible to get a kvm weapong in a reasonable amount of time, but now its to much time, so we have less fighting and more waiting.

Also, a disscount of kafra shop items for vips can be good to, just like premium servers had some items cheaper than valk server. (maybe this last can be a bad idea since people will only pay vip to sell kafra items, and make them untradeable are a bad idea)

PS: Duplicate maps sounds nice, but i think is to much stress for the server, but the option to can go to a map without bots sounds pretty nice. Also, the option to can chose, so if you wanna party with someone non-vip, both can go to non-vip map. (but anyways, i think this is not viable).

Edited by darktie22, 11 April 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#146 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

I quit F2P RO for P2P WoW because P2P WoW was so much cheaper to play than F2P RO.

Not kidding.

You're very right about this.

It's a lot better with a P2P game. The VIP system that is now would work great if you got the same rights and benefits as was when ro was p2p, now it's -_-ty because it's all "F2P" and you can get a subscription- if you fancy.

#147 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

How about a .01% chance for each mob you kill to give you 1 kafra point.

#148 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

VIP turn in quest NPCs? Not sure how hard that is to script but it could A) be just for VIP players or :P give additional (significant) bonuses and possibly food (+20 dex) statuses for 30minutes upon TI.

#149 ZeroRod

ZeroRod

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

could VIP get the +4 +7 safe upgrade event, not permanent but once in a while?

#150 GeeGee

GeeGee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAlt-Tabbed in Battlegrounds

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

Assuming this hasn't been mentioned yet... (I'll read this thread later...)
I'd like to not lose stat foods on death (At least not the Kafra shop ones.) Whether this is for VIP or Anyone.

Partially related: Imagine how many people would have +10 of various stat foods at all times during war 'cause they'd only have to use 4 of each type for the entire siege...

Longer duration on +20 foods for VIP would be cool, too. Maybe 10/15mins over the current 5?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users