kRO third Class Balance Changes - Page 8 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

kRO third Class Balance Changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
437 replies to this topic

#176 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

But see, the point of using kahii on a sorceror is to survive mobs, not single targets. Both changing Indulge or making it heal on a delay would really make it quite useless outside of taking a few monsters at a time, and that's just not efficient for gaining EXP in renewal, especially not when you have to stop and run back to the soul linker every 4 minutes.

You can't make Kahii drain more sp either, because that would be very unfair to the soul linkers who use it to level (they need it a lot more than the sorcerors).

If kahii really must be nerfed, perhaps give it an adverse effect, such as lowering the kahii user's defense a bit, disabling sp gain outside of skills/items etc. That way it can still be used to tank mobs of low-level monsters that nobody cares about, but will be a lot harder to apply effectively against very powerful monsters who do a lot of damage or own skills that would two-shot the tanker.

Personally though I think it's just one of those things that doesn't need to be 'fixed'. If gravity ever decides to ruin the game and remove dual clienting, then it will be moot anyway.

#177 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

I agree with Luckywhiterabbit completely on the Sorc Kaahi issue.

#178 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:25 AM

Thing is hrothmond, if you read my original post that started the line of debate, is I said kaahi should have a delay on how often it responds to hits of about 1 second. That way most renewal monsters hitting you 1 on 1, you'll out heal them, but in a MOB, kaahi wouldn't be effective. This supports soul linker and warlock leveling style and eliminates issues with RG.

Also I believe merchant set gives SP on attack not as a feature of the set but as a way to counter the zipper bear's drain to keep the forced inclusion of the zipper bear from turning you off of the set.

I did, but if it gets capped it'll either be a better or worse version of renavato.

Thats true on merchant set, and why it sucks for most classes with a few exceptions. An unintended combination from kRO since they probably wouldnt have considered two headgear cards. It does work though. -1 SP per attack from zipper card, +2 SP per attack from merch set bonus and +1 SP per attack from alchie set bonus.

#179 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

Your post was really long so I summed it up for you:

We shouldn't fix the game to make party leveling rewarding and single target killing soloing rewarding and everyone should kaahi mob ginormous mobs on maps that don't have enough monsters to do it for more than 1-3 players.

I am not sure why you still have this awfully selfish and uninsightful attitude. But you should stop posting if this is all you have to contribute.

#180 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Rolling Cutter:
"Feedback: This skill being Katar exclusive is a hindrance. This class is weak in AoE damage and gets left out of a lot in parties or events where players want fast killers for maximum turn-in experience. Is there any chance this skill can be updated so that the caster is able to use it with any weapon the class can wield, allowing us to increase our damage or defenses depending on the weapons we wield? "

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. kRO already buffs the damage by at least 50% (no confirmation that this skill is further increased by b.lvl or the formulas is just 200%*b.lvl/100).

For a close range AoE where all monsters will switch to the GX, it could use such a buff. I am most interested in seeing the skill become enabled for all weapons a GX can wield. Rolling Cutter would become a must have for all GX if that is allowed. I have wondered for a while how it would work with a perfect dodge set when solo, or with heavier hitting weapons so that the GX can become a real killer in parties.

#181 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

MasqueradesI second on the Shadow Chaser feedback. Modify the success rate, though don't completely scrap it or chasers will have zero MVP/Endless Tower function.
Dimension door should be changed to cast sleep or deepsleep on enemies, or force all enemies to snap in random directions. Either of those updates would make it worthwhile.
Moonlight Serenade if the rewards are improved, great. Casters have needed buffs to their damage for awhile now. In comparison, physical aoe attackers have way much buffing potential to their damage.
Cresent Elbow Very interesting, this actually makes it worthwhile.
Exceed Break/Pinpoint Attack If the damage is lowered from these skills excellent. It is totally mmo rpg concept breaking to have a tank have more dps then the dps classes.
Dark Illusion The skill delay is too low though, It should be 5~10 seconds. Also the range should be decreased to be solely based off skill level+1(6 cells). These modifications might make it more bearable, but really this skill should simply be deleted. Think of it from a casters perspective- A GX see's us and Dark Illusions onto us with 20k EDP crit dps. We might somehow barely manage to walk away only to get caught again. What sucks about this skill is it pretty much tells warlocks and archbishops to take a hike and find another class. Both have almost no defense to this. Actually...what's the benefit of trading max HP and defense for ranged magic damage if physical attackers can close the range instantly and kill you before you can cast anything?

Edited by Rumm, 05 May 2011 - 06:16 AM.

#182 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

This is the new change for Recognized Spell since some people were asking for it...

Recognized Spell

- SP Cost changed (80 + (SkillLv * 20) )
- Skill Cooldown time changed.
- Duration changed. (30 + (SkillLv * 30) ) seconds.

Quite good change imo... the skill duration is 3 times of what it is now on iRO =)

#183 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Personally though I think it's just one of those things that doesn't need to be 'fixed'. If gravity ever decides to ruin the game and remove dual clienting, then it will be moot anyway.

I agree that Kaahi doesn't need to be fixed either. I actually play my Soul Linker and enjoy helping my fiancee with her Scholar. I not only use the skill on her, but myself as well and it's one of the nicest and most useful parts about being a Soul Linker. The class already can't go to 3rd class, so why screw it over even more for those that actually enjoy playing it? Personally I don't see how people bother going back every few minutes for a new link or Kaahi, it's such a pain in the butt. But if they want to deal with that, then let them get the full use out of it. =)

Maybe instead, make it worth partying so that these kind of classes aren't just slave characters.

#184 Orath

Orath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

I also agree that Kaahi should not be changed, i play a Esma linker i use that skill to help me lvl and if it gets nerfed then wut the point in playing that class.

#185 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Royal Guard Reflect Damage:

Two words:

SKILL ICON

#186 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

Two words:

SKILL ICON

man how about having a whole bunch of icons for missing skill stuff xD

I'd like to see GX poison icons on infected targets like the icon of leech end but smaller size on a person, kinda like burn and frost or w/e

#187 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

Two words:

SKILL ICON

People really should start reading this thread.

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=76535

They added a skill icon for Reflect damage on the previous Maintenance.
http://forums.irowik...ghlight=reflect

#188 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

amp='1303347184' post='384625']
Arch bishop: clearance needs to be usable on everyone. The must be in party requirements are okish for the AoE buffs, but for a recovery skill, it should be used on any ally at least. It would be nice it it was usable on anyone like dispel, enemies too.

Archbishop: heal NEEDS somekind of buff in order to be of any use. Currently it takes like 20 or more uses of the skill to heal a single person, you could do some scaling acording to base level like in other third class skills, so at the end a high leveled bishop has at least 4k~5k heals.

Archbishop: make sense with the skill tree. Remove the battle skills prerequisites (expiatio, dupple light, oratio) from the FS path to getting sacrament. Likely, remove the FS prerequisites (praefatio,clementia,epiclesis,renovatio,coloceo heal,highheal) from the battle path to get eucharistica. THe current bishop skill tree is too messed making you must get a mix of battle FS no matter what you chose.

Archibishop: Oratio, lower the cast time at higher levels, to level 10 have no cast time, like signum crusis. Currently it just works as a lenghty cast skill to tap enemies in woe, but the initial skill purpose is to cast it on every mob you kill to increase your damage. With such a lenghty cast, it ends being useless as a PVM skill.

Priest/HP/Bishop: Magnus exorcismus- is our only mob leveling skill, nerfed to the longest cast time skill, taking a cathalyst, with long after delay, which dissapears when does damage, usable on just 2 kind of monsters, which there are none high level of their class. It would be nice if you could:

- Reduce the cast time drastically: For what it does, the base cast time should be around 6~ seconds, not 15 seconds seconds.
- Change it from affecting only 2 races, to a holy magic elemental attack (anything that enters the AoE, recieves the waves of holy magic attack, so we can level anywhere, even if not the most effective way)
[/quote]

THE ABOVE IS SOMEONE ELSES I WAS REPLING TO THEIRS DONT KNOW WHY IT CAME OUT LIKE THIS

i think all classes should be left alone except Arch Bishops they should get these changes and the buff changes /ok.. and changing Reflect Damage to only 30 reflects is not even kool .im tired of seeing people complaining that "oh this skill is to over powered it needs to be nerfed" if you keep getting killed then find a new way to attack RG,SC,etc and stop *itching... i get killed all the time and i laugh about it its not that serious its just a game.everyone wants to lvl and be a lvl 150 but it aint gonna happen i made a RG so i can leech my other characters but now cuz of whining poor losers it may get nerfed...and im not even lvling im just going around getting card with autocast skills just cuz it looks kool seeing all the attacks rain down when i use Reflect Damage im hanging around Orc zombies like i said its a game and im gonna have fun with the skill be it gets nerfed so thanks to you complainers............

Edited by darkdito1884, 05 May 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#189 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Arch bishop: clearance needs to be usable on everyone. The must be in party requirements are okish for the AoE buffs, but for a recovery skill, it should be used on any ally at least. It would be nice it it was usable on anyone like dispel, enemies too.

Archbishop: heal NEEDS somekind of buff in order to be of any use. Currently it takes like 20 or more uses of the skill to heal a single person, you could do some scaling acording to base level like in other third class skills, so at the end a high leveled bishop has at least 4k~5k heals.

Archbishop: make sense with the skill tree. Remove the battle skills prerequisites (expiatio, dupple light, oratio) from the FS path to getting sacrament. Likely, remove the FS prerequisites (praefatio,clementia,epiclesis,renovatio,coloceo heal,highheal) from the battle path to get eucharistica. THe current bishop skill tree is too messed making you must get a mix of battle FS no matter what you chose.

Archibishop: Oratio, lower the cast time at higher levels, to level 10 have no cast time, like signum crusis. Currently it just works as a lenghty cast skill to tap enemies in woe, but the initial skill purpose is to cast it on every mob you kill to increase your damage. With such a lenghty cast, it ends being useless as a PVM skill.

Priest/HP/Bishop: Magnus exorcismus- is our only mob leveling skill, nerfed to the longest cast time skill, taking a cathalyst, with long after delay, which dissapears when does damage, usable on just 2 kind of monsters, which there are none high level of their class. It would be nice if you could:

- Reduce the cast time drastically: For what it does, the base cast time should be around 6~ seconds, not 15 seconds seconds.
- Change it from affecting only 2 races, to a holy magic elemental attack (anything that enters the AoE, recieves the waves of holy magic attack, so we can level anywhere, even if not the most effective way)

i think all classes should be left alone except Arch Bishops they should get these changes and the buff changes /ok.. and changing Reflect Damage to only 30 reflects is not even kool .im tired of seeing people complaining that "oh this skill is to over powered it needs to be nerfed" if you keep getting killed then find a new way to attack RG,SC,etc and stop *itching... i get killed all the time and i laugh about it its not that serious its just a game.everyone wants to lvl and be a lvl 150 but it aint gonna happen i made a RG so i can leech my other characters but now cuz of whining poor losers it may get nerfed...and im not even lvling im just going around getting card with autocast skills just cuz it looks kool seeing all the attacks rain down when i use Reflect Damage im hanging around Orc zombies like i said its a game and im gonna have fun with the skill be it gets nerfed so thanks to you complainers............

heal shouldn't be buffed because it's meant to heal lower than 3rd job class skill. I would rather want the "Coluceo Heal" to be buffed, perhaps 2x healing factor, than the heal skill its self.
there are reasons why the skill tree is built that way, you can't expect things are easy, this isnt a private server (which I always call a "wana be server")
-I agree on decreasing the cast time for oratio, but to make it 0s cast time - not so good, it'll be over enhancement since it can already lower all targets within 14x14 range.
-Magnus exorsimus is fine as hell, it's just another NON-3RD JOB SKILL and meant to have lower damage than 3rd job skills, and besides there's "ADORAMUS" skill that has a good damage (you ask for a buff on this one, I think it's nerfed)
-the renewal prolonged the cast time of 1st, 2nd, and trans jobs to balance the game, you cannot expect a 2nd job to cast faster than 3rd do ya? it makes more sense when 3rd jobs classes can do better since they have more experience than lower jobs.
-people are complaining because it's true that most classes with OHKO are over powered. why? because besides the fact that they are already hard to kill, they can also easily kill other classes without a sweat.

#190 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

RPG basics

There are 3 types of classes
- Support
- Damage
- Tank

Within these 3 types are sub-catagories of classes, such as healers, buffers, DPS, AoE, etc. That's besides the point, as with most MMORPGs, main balance comes from the 3 main types. Remember this is all in terms of efficiency and comparisons to other classes.
Roles in-game help enforce that balance.
- Support: Can't kill or tank
- Damage: Can't support or tank
- Tank: Can't kill or support

In essence, parties are designed around the basic 3-way triangle of experience. Tank classes depend on support classes to keep them alive, Damage classes depend on Tank classes to keep mobs at bay, and Support classes depend on Damage classes for kills/experience.

Renewal as screwed up this CORE-game balance so much by allowing almost every class to have access to the abilities of the other 2 classes. In essence, it doesn't matter how many skill balancings happen, how many formulas are changed, or how many new gears are created...NOTHING will save the train-wreck called Renewal. The only hope there is would be for the devs to completely scrap every 3rd class skill and redesign them from scratch.

Edited by Caelum, 06 May 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#191 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:44 AM

Renewal as screwed up this CORE-game balance so much by allowing almost every class to have access to the abilities of the other 2 classes. In essence, it doesn't matter how many skill balancings happen, how many formulas are changed, or how many new gears are created...NOTHING will save the train-wreck called Renewal. The only hope there is would be for the devs to completely scrap every 3rd class skill and redesign them from scratch.

I disagree with this. The Shadow Chaser is a great example of how a specialized class should be. Aside from Traps->Shadow form, it has no killing ability and its tanking ability isn't that great. What makes this class SO strong and fun to play is its extremely good supportive abilities, specifically debuffing. They are the BEST at it. No other class in the game can compare to its debuffing abilities not even the performers. What can be better than screen wide Leech End, Freezing and Curse all at once?

The dev's do not need to scrap renewal but learn what they did right with the Shadow Chaser and apply it to other specialized classes. If a class is going to specialize in something, they better be the best at it. Else, why will easily be replaced by the likes of a Sura or RG. Both of which can tank, support and kill easily. The Chaser is just as popular as these behemoths yet it cannot compare to the neither their tanking or killing abilities. Its debuffing abilities are so outstanding that they are worth the cost of versatility.

The people in charge have shown that they are fine with the Sura and RG they way they are as there are almost no nerfs to them or any really significant ones at all. If they want to make an offensive class, they must make them FAR superior to the Sura's and RG's offensive capabilities. Why would a party need a class that has negligible offensive differences but inferior tanking and supportive abilities like the Ranger? Why are RK's considered good? Because they have FAR superior offensive capabilities. DBreath is the best ranged AoE skill in WoE, forcing any participant to have a Fire Armour. Gloomy Clashing has the same killing capabilities as Hell's Gate without huge costs.

If HQ leaves the versatility of the 3-2's the why they are, then the specialized 3-1's should have unrivaled strength in their art. No one should kill at range better than the Ranger. A GX's sneak attack should be deadly. Anyone should become immortal with an Arch Bichop's support. If these extremes aren't met then the current class situation won't change. A few days ago I saw a large number of new characters on ygg but 50% of them were Sura's to be. Who can blame them though. Why pick any other class when Sura's can do everything else so much better at the cost of negligible advatages from specialization?

RG players crying over Reflect damage need to realize that RG's already have other skills to deal with Ranged damage (DA reduces all ranged damage by 80%) and Magic damage (Prestige is able to block magic damage). Being an AoE Shield reflect alone is a huge improvement. Reflecting Range and Magic attacks is just overkill. Why should you be able to reflect Ranged and Magic damage at NO COST?

#192 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

I think what Caelum is getting at is that every 3rd class (outside of ABs, and the small AoE of GX) currently has a strong AoE that they can level with on their own (chasers might not, but they can copy them), and there generally has been a blending of specialties with 3rd class jobs. But you're right in that Chasers are a good example of a support class, and that kRO doesn't need to "scrap" 3rd class skills and start over.

As I've said countless times, a reorder of the AB skill tree (along with serious buffs so that they can more easily support a group of 30k+ HP people at level 150), buffs in damage for Warlocks and ranged damage for Rangers (the true glass cannons), a severe tone down or complete removal of AoE size/damage for most classes is in order. These changes should be coupled with an increase in monster difficulty (I'm referring to attack and skill spamming not just more HP) so that classes like Maestros, Chasers, Rangers, and Sorcerers cannot tank a screen wide mob. And finally, increase monster EXP rewards so that soloing (no more killing 30 monsters at a time) or large parties (killing 30 monsters at a time but splitting EXP) can be viable.

Bio3 was always a good example of this pre-renewal. The mobs were always potentially deadly, but if you killed one solo, you were rewarded with 100k EXP. With a party of 10, you could probably kill 10 times as fast, but splitting the EXP meant you were still leveling as fast as a good soloer, but in a safer and probably more enjoyable environment. Currently, Bio3 mobs are still deadly, but if you kill one you'll only get 10k EXP solo, or less than 2k in a party of 10. Yet the party won't kill any faster than the soloer (now everyone has a devastating AoE), and all 11 would be better off going their separate ways to solo at AL3 or Bio2 if the goal is simply to reach 150 as fast as possible (what other goals are there in RO?).

Right now in iRO, I can fly wing, hit a button, use a few pots, and repeat endlessly (I don't even need the pots on my Sorcerer or RG and I don't even have to hit a button on the RG). It's mind numbingly boring and I'll always, always level faster than a party larger than 1 on the same map.

All you have to do is look at iRO to see that I'm right. These new turn in quests where the monsters give 0 EXP are a direct reaction to the fact that ABs have no means to level because everyone else can solo.

#193 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Unfortunately the "roles" of standard RPG classes have always been rather messed up in Ragnarok. If Royal Guards are expected to be tanks and their damage is being nerfed, there need to be better tanking skills. It's always bothered me that Monk classes get a much better tanking skill than anything Crusaders have ever had. At 150, the HP pool is also virtually the same as Suras (and most other classes for that matter).

kRO just really loves their Monks I guess.

#194 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

If Royal Guards are expected to be tanks and their damage is being nerfed, there need to be better tanking skills.

This is true, and it applies to many classes, especially the 3-2s. RGs should have gotten less offensive and more defensive skills. Sorcs should have gotten even better ways of SP manipulation than their predecessor the Sage...but instead morphed into the wizard-line, but with higher HP/survivability. Suras should have evolved more efficient single target killing via high-damage and huge-drawbacks. I would say this was accomplished with Rising Dragon and Hell Gate, but they also got an AoE disables, buffs/debuffs (some greater than even an Arch Bishop can do), AoE damage, better ranged damage than Rangers...and on top of that they still retain the most powerful movement skill Snap which is still hasn't been disabled in WoE yet (even though other movement skills have).

This list goes on...but what it all comes down to is that 3-1 classes have skill trees that are very specialized towards just 1 job (they got skills that complimented their 1st and 2nd class skills). 3-2 classes became eff-uped hybrids who can do a little of everything (they got skills that were polar-opposites of their 1st class and 2nd class aims).

This would be fine of left to balance like this example. Scale goes Horrible - Poor - Fair - Decent - Good - Excellent - Unmatched

A well-balanced specialized class would be:
Unmatched at damage
Horrible at support
Horrible at defense/tanking

A well-balanced hybrid class would be:
Decent at damage
Fair at support
Decent at defense/tanking

Current RO hybrid classes are more like:
Excellent at damage
Good at support
Unmatched at defense/tanking

While current RO specialized classes are like:
Unmatched at damage
Poor at support
Poor at defense/tanking

The goal here is that, if your class can do a little bit of everything, it should never exceed in ANY one of those areas. A specialized class should go unrivaled in its specific focus when compared to a hybrid-like class trying to match that same focus (and a hybrid should never even come close). Current RO hasn't achieved that goal. The solution here is to either:
A ) increase all 3-1 (specialized) classes skills to create a focus that no other class can come close to matching.
B ) nerf the hell out of 3-2 (hybrid) classes so that they can aid in a specific focus, but can never out-perform a specialized class in that focus.
C ) get back into the pre-renewal mindframe and change 3-2 classes around to have their own specialized build without the ability to tap into other focus areas.
D ) change 3-1 class skills and stats to allow them for hybridization.

Any one of these options should help bring balance back into this game.

Edited by Caelum, 07 May 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#195 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Unfortunately the "roles" of standard RPG classes have always been rather messed up in Ragnarok. If Royal Guards are expected to be tanks and their damage is being nerfed, there need to be better tanking skills. It's always bothered me that Monk classes get a much better tanking skill than anything Crusaders have ever had. At 150, the HP pool is also virtually the same as Suras (and most other classes for that matter).

kRO just really loves their Monks I guess.

Yeah, I can't understand it either. They make such a good specialized class like the chaser then go on the making the best jack of all trades like Sura. The quote below shows that at one point the Devs did want RG's to be good tankers... Dunno why they changed their minds though. =/

http://forums.irowik...ad.php?p=378004

What are the developer gatherings?

In order to improve relations with their customers and allow the users of Ragnarok a hand in the development of the Renewal project, the Gravity development team is performing regularly scheduled gatherings with fansite owners. Fansite owners, such as the Ragnagate admins gather questions from their members and present them to the development team. While usually these gatherings occur online in game, at times they will meet offline at gravity HQ.

From this point on there is a gathering usually every Friday.

About the translation

During translation, the interpretation is fairly loose. I hope however that it properly conveys the message of the original conversation. A couple of very vauge questions might be omitted as well, and I appologize for that.

Renewal/3rd Job Online Gathering #2 - 09/02/20 (Friday)

Q. There doesn't appear to many Spear using Rune Knights on renewal.

A. We were leaning towards making Two Hand swords the main weapon for the class.
To make a distinction between RK and Royal Guard, we wanted one to be an Attacker and one to be Tanker.
We will review the existing spear skills though.

#196 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

So when exactly are these fixes to the classes actually going to come out here on iRO? Did they set a date yet?

#197 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

This is true, and it applies to many classes, especially the 3-2s. RGs should have gotten less offensive and more defensive skills. Sorcs should have gotten even better ways of SP manipulation than their predecessor the Sage...but instead morphed into the wizard-line, but with higher HP/survivability. Suras should have evolved more efficient single target killing via high-damage and huge-drawbacks. I would say this was accomplished with Rising Dragon and Hell Gate, but they also got an AoE disables, buffs/debuffs (some greater than even an Arch Bishop can do), AoE damage, better ranged damage than Rangers...and on top of that they still retain the most powerful movement skill Snap which is still hasn't been disabled in WoE yet (even though other movement skills have).

This list goes on...but what it all comes down to is that 3-1 classes have skill trees that are very specialized towards just 1 job (they got skills that complimented their 1st and 2nd class skills). 3-2 classes became eff-uped hybrids who can do a little of everything (they got skills that were polar-opposites of their 1st class and 2nd class aims).

This would be fine of left to balance like this example. Scale goes Horrible - Poor - Fair - Decent - Good - Excellent - Unmatched

A well-balanced specialized class would be:
Unmatched at damage
Horrible at support
Horrible at defense/tanking

A well-balanced hybrid class would be:
Decent at damage
Fair at support
Decent at defense/tanking

Current RO hybrid classes are more like:
Excellent at damage
Good at support
Unmatched at defense/tanking

While current RO specialized classes are like:
Unmatched at damage
Poor at support
Poor at defense/tanking

The goal here is that, if your class can do a little bit of everything, it should never exceed in ANY one of those areas. A specialized class should go unrivaled in its specific focus when compared to a hybrid-like class trying to match that same focus (and a hybrid should never even come close). Current RO hasn't achieved that goal. The solution here is to either:
A ) increase all 3-1 (specialized) classes skills to create a focus that no other class can come close to matching.
B ) nerf the hell out of 3-2 (hybrid) classes so that they can aid in a specific focus, but can never out-perform a specialized class in that focus.
C ) get back into the pre-renewal mindframe and change 3-2 classes around to have their own specialized build without the ability to tap into other focus areas.
D ) change 3-1 class skills and stats to allow them for hybridization.

Any one of these options should help bring balance back into this game.

man.....why arent you working at gravity D=

#198 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

The chorus skills need to have actual significant effects to justify being used over the easy straightforward skills like Windmill Rush, that only require one performer who could just be an alt-account slave anyway. Right now they're just meh, and this update didn't change that. (As far as I can tell, all they did was increase the AoEs, change one into a mediocre debuff, and buffed the multiple performer effects slightly.) Fixing the chorus skills is probably the best way to work on making performers party-viable too... if they can ever come up with the right effects that aren't easily replaced by items.

#199 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

Mechanic

"Hover MAX Lv : 1 Skill Requirement : Acceleration 1 Skill Form : Active / Buff Description : Make Madogear hover over the ground to escape traps and any other magic attacks. A Hovering Booster must be equiped to cast and consumes 1 Magic Gear Fuel. [Lv 1] : Skill Duration 30 sec. " "Duration Changed. - While hovering you cannot be attacked by firewalk, electric walk, and vacuum extreme. "

Or Hell Plant, Demonic Fire, Earth Grave, Fiber Lock, Traps, Arm Cannon, Sonic Wave, White Imprison, Marsh Of Abyss, Frost Misty, Jack Frost, Earth Strain, Earth Drive.

Since we be floating and all...

#200 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

Arm Cannon, Sonic Wave, White Imprison, Marsh Of Abyss, Frost Misty, Jack Frost,

Since we be floating and all...

I disagree with these. They aren't ground effects.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users