Bringing True Balance to Renewal - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 11 votes

Bringing True Balance to Renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#76 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

I can only hope they are taking notes of each point right now. I can hope. There might be hope for RO yet..

#77 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

Hell's Plant uses Thorn Seed, which requires 10 Prickly Fruit to make.

incorrect, hells plant uses Plant Bottle, thorn wall/thorn trap/crazy vines requires Thorn Seeds, which required prickly fruit (x10 to be able to make thorn seed but can make an amount from 4-14 so u could actually make 14 thorny seeds from 10 prickly fruit if you have high success rate)

#78 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Honestly the only thing that needs to be balanced on genetic is Howl... Thorn wall is easily countered, hells plant only stuns if you are lower level, and lol cart cannon only hurts if its instacast with every god item and foods and elemental. I say if you want to balance something do what i said in the other thread... buff Clearance to be AoE and only used on party members, then give it an after cast delay long enough to make it not spamable. Yes the genetic can click howl again, but at least it wont take the whole time in the howl delay for the AB to cast clearance on 3 people like it is now lol.

#79 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

I find 30 prickly fruits per hour (too easy), and sell them for 50k each since I am not a genetic. things like say Elder branches, which are not overpowered, or GX poison items, drop at a much lower rate and have far less effectiveness. I'm not supposed to bring this game up as this is the ragnarok online forums, (Ragnarok can be just as good and sometimes BETTER when balanced like other games) Balance has been unchecked for far too long now, and they called this Renewal? Anyways, Heimdallr, Oda, please forgive me for what I am about to do. This is only being used as an example.

I will display this from my channel for examples of balance. Team efforts and 1v1 balance CAN and SHOULD be wrapped up into one, the more balanced it is across the board, the happier everyone will be. I promise you.

Let me ask you, do you see any of us one-shotting each other mindlessly by pressing 1 button, or do you see reaction/timing involved gameplay, where people have to WEAR others down instead of this 1 shot non-sense? If you double or triple every classes HP, RO would be fixed. That is a third way you can balance Ragnarok right there. Watch..

Heimdallr and Oda, if you have to delete this post, I understand. I do. Just please dont delete or freeze the thread over this specific post. If anything just delete this post # so as to do what you might have to do... Thank you for your time and efforts these past 5 days to balance RO. You are trying and we notice.

Edited by veteran2003, 27 May 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#80 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

People in WoW bgs are worse than anyone on RO. Belf hunter? Blechhh

#81 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

People in WoW bgs are worse than anyone on RO. Belf hunter? Blechhh

How so? It involves timing and skill. Pressing 1 button to kill someone instantly without giving them a chance to fight you is whats bad. Not wearing people down over time using actual skill. Blood elf hunter is good, and can AoE silence interrupt casts or heals for 2 seconds for a quick finish shot. Arcane damage resistance helps too, with all the arcane mages going crazy hiding behind Frost Death Knights in pvp lately.

#82 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

a monkey with a notebook can play wow... (honestly i saw a friend get mad and start hitting the keyboard with one and ended up killing the other player)

time to wait for all the rants that i'm wrong

#83 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

a monkey with a notebook can play wow... (honestly i saw a friend get mad and start hitting the keyboard with one and ended up killing the other player)

time to wait for all the rants that i'm wrong

So you think pressing 1 button to disable someones character on a semi-2d game, involves skill, as compared to constantly having to counter with multiple skills and talents in order to win? Its the other way around. It sounds to me like you want an easy win instead of one that involves using the brain. You have obviously never maxed a character out on WoW, and that is fine. Some people like ragnarok better. I like them both, but I DEFINITELY know which one is better in terms of balance. Id like to see you play my hunter character in pvp as you are now. Try slamming your fingers on random keys on the keyboard during WoW pvp and I guarantee you wont even live longer than 10 seconds with a good character. Youd get slaughtered because of your lack of knowledge of the game. You can get away with that on RO though.

Q button: Zen
W button: Fury
E button: G fist

3 buttons that point and click to instant win. Real challenging. It's about as hard as breathing oxygen into your lungs.

I play many MMOs and know the differences pros and cons.

Edited by veteran2003, 27 May 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#84 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

Imma guess RK/RG, Thanks!! :wink:

http://forums.warppo...174#entry423174
Watch the green writing early in the video while the guy is talking.

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=3

Watch the champ name and the Alt.

Yea, I think you have an Idea who he is now.

#85 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/37564-harassing-people-with-guillotine-fist/page__p__423174#entry423174
Watch the green writing early in the video while the guy is talking.

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=3

Watch the champ name and the Alt.

Yea, I think you have an Idea who he is now.

Yes I have played all character types. I already posted a WoW video from my youtube channel. Im not keeping secrets or hiding. You have no idea how many messages I have in my inbox where people are thanking me for helping the GMs notice the specific needs for change in all pvp situations. Who I am doesnt change the fact that people complain constantly about the games balance issues.

#86 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

a monkey with a notebook can play wow...

monkeys are too smart to play wow
they'll realize it smells nothing like banana and quit

#87 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

monkeys are too smart to play wow
they'll realize it smells nothing like banana and quit

Yet literally millions play it and continue to because of its balance and progression. I love RO, and would love to see it live just as long.

#88 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

So you think pressing 1 button to disable someones character on a semi-2d game, involves skill, as compared to constantly having to counter with multiple skills and talents in order to win? Its the other way around. It sounds to me like you want an easy win instead of one that involves using the brain. You have obviously never maxed a character out on WoW, and that is fine. Some people like ragnarok better. I like them both, but I DEFINITELY know which one is better in terms of balance. Id like to see you play my hunter character in pvp as you are now. Try slamming your fingers on random keys on the keyboard during WoW pvp and I guarantee you wont even live longer than 10 seconds with a good character. Youd get slaughtered because of your lack of knowledge of the game. You can get away with that on RO though.

W button: Fury
E button: G fist

3 buttons that point and click to instant win. Real challenging. It's about as hard as breathing oxygen into your lungs.

I play many MMOs and know the differences pros and cons.

are u retarded in the head? gfist are supose to one shot people, but it doesn't during woe on ymir, because i OWN a 150 and woe with it, with and without god items. ITS not an instant win, i try gfisting with +9 kvm fist in pvp it does 30k dmg without god items, YES it one shot genetic but it doesn't one shot any1 else that uses GR/DR, r u mad cuz u keep getting owned by sura? or have u try playing a lvl 150 sura and gfist people with no g item? by the way ive look at u on ROPD u dnt even own a sura, u own a champ, and you seriously dnt know how they level either.

#89 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

Yes I have played all character types. I already posted a WoW video from my youtube channel. Im not keeping secrets or hiding. You have no idea how many messages I have in my inbox where people are thanking me for helping the GMs notice the specific needs for change in all pvp situations. Who I am doesnt change the fact that people complain constantly about the games balance issues.

I would like to see evidence of this. Please provide a screenie of inbox or of at least 5 messages.

And yes you were hiding who you were. No one needs to look far t see that.

Edited by Trini, 27 May 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#90 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

[quote name='Unifan' timestamp='1306543910' post='423552']
r u mad cuz u keep getting owned by sura?

I have to say man I am beginning to feel like the answer this quote here is "Yes".
You seem like the type that want to own everyone no mater what you play and in RO...... that just doesn't happen because to defeat every class you need a TEAM.

Edit:
OMG, IT IS TRUE, IT IS TRUE. Ok guys you can pack up now and move to the next thread, i was about to close this guy ropd info and i just realized the name of his Champ Guild. ROFL. "Lazarus Wins and you don't".

What's his guild tag you ask? "184 times better than u"

I think we can conclude now, lazarus has seen what it means to LOSE yes we know you died to many champ in PvP and feel helpless about it and "naturally" that "MUST" be some imbalance right? cuz lazarus is supposed to Win and not you, you pesky click on me and kill me Monk classes. Yes, we also know you went to make a champ so you can own in PvP when your RK dies.

@Everyone, I know i made random accusations here which might be all inaccurate but i just make them to see what Lazarus will say to deny it or if he will deny it at all.

Edited by Trini, 27 May 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#91 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

are u retarded in the head? gfist are supose to one shot people, but it doesn't during woe on ymir, because i OWN a 150 and woe with it, with and without god items. ITS not an instant win, i try gfisting with +9 kvm fist in pvp it does 30k dmg without god items, YES it one shot genetic but it doesn't one shot any1 else that uses GR/DR, r u mad cuz u keep getting owned by sura? or have u try playing a lvl 150 sura and gfist people with no g item? by the way ive look at u on ROPD u dnt even own a sura, u own a champ, and you seriously dnt know how they level either.

The fact that Guillotine Fist isnt counterable when instant cast because of a kvm weapon, is the problem. You can stop talking about God item exuses for the 9th time already, because nobody is going to listen to your drivel. Yes it IS instant win, and I played a champion class since it came out. Are you mad because you dont want a nerf on your cheap sura? I have a sura too scrub, and I know it needs nerfed. Unlike you, I dont want this to become Suranarok. I even have an ALT sura, who is level 100, and does 46k dmg with an ELEMENTAL UNUPGRADED fist, with basic gear, vs. a fully reudction 110 vit RK. I have a sura and level doesnt even matter. If I had a kvm fist on my level 100 ALT sura, that character would do even more damage than the elemental VVS weapon that does 46k. Youre a numbskull liar and nobody is going to buy what you say, and never have listened to you. You dont care about balance. You are scared of nerfs that might hurt your little 1 shotting pride. Well too damn bad for you. Balance is coming whether you like it or not. GoH is a ranged g fist with less power, and goes through safety wall, and g fist goes through pneuma. You're not going to make balance stopped, the community knows of the imbalance and its going to be changed so everyone has a chance. Youll have to learn to get over it.

#92 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

I would like to see evidence of this. Please provide a screenie of inbox or of at least 5 messages.

And yes you were hiding who you were. No one needs to look far t see that.

No. And hi2u Unifans alt forum account. Thank you for exposing yourself. Better delete the other accidental post before people have proof that embarasses you.

#93 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

No. And hi2u Unifans alt forum account. Thank you for exposing yourself. Better delete the other accidental post before people have proof that embarasses you.

what? i have an alt forum account?

#94 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

[quote name='veteran2003' timestamp='1306544253' post='423559']
The fact that Guillotine Fist isnt counterable when instant cast because of a kvm weapon

you do know that the kvm fist isnt instant cast and you can hide before it goes off right?

#95 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

what? i have an alt forum account?

So your only comeback to the truth about Suras not being counterable in any way shape or form was to say "you are retarded in the head?". Don't answer the hard questions I asked you. Make it convenient for yourself so that you can move on and deal with incoming changes that will balance this game and make each class have a way to kill each other. Especially the 2-1 pieces of garbage that need revamped.

1. Either everyone kills in one hit vs. every single class
2. Every single classes HP gets increased by 2.0x - 2.5x
3. All damage on top of reductions now, is reduced by an additional 50% no matter what

These are the only 3 things that can be done to make things balanced. You just dont use common sense, and call people retarded when it's actually you who doesnt have the ability to think.

#96 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

The fact that Guillotine Fist isnt counterable when instant cast because of a kvm weapon

you do know that the kvm fist isnt instant cast and you can hide before it goes off right?

0.1 seconds cast time isn't hideable without 3rd party program injections that I am not going to, nor am allowed to speak of.

#97 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

The fact that Guillotine Fist isnt counterable when instant cast because of a kvm weapon, is the problem. You can stop talking about God item exuses for the 9th time already, because nobody is going to listen to your drivel. Yes it IS instant win, and I played a champion class since it came out. Are you mad because you dont want a nerf on your cheap sura? I have a sura too scrub, and I know it needs nerfed. Unlike you, I dont want this to become Suranarok. I even have an ALT sura, who is level 100, and does 46k dmg with an ELEMENTAL UNUPGRADED fist, with basic gear, vs. a fully reudction 110 vit RK. I have a sura and level doesnt even matter. If I had a kvm fist on my level 100 ALT sura, that character would do even more damage than the elemental VVS weapon that does 46k. Youre a numbskull liar and nobody is going to buy what you say, and never have listened to you. You dont care about balance. You are scared of nerfs that might hurt your little 1 shotting pride. Well too damn bad for you. Balance is coming whether you like it or not. GoH is a ranged g fist with less power, and goes through safety wall, and g fist goes through pneuma. You're not going to make balance stopped, the community knows of the imbalance and its going to be changed so everyone has a chance. Youll have to learn to get over it.

LOL ok enough said. 46k damage u say? let me just test that in pvp on a fully geared 150 RK and posted a screen shot here ey? ill put on a +5 elemental fist and some woe gears too, oh and i also have another 2 alt sura that is below 110 i could test that too, so brb putting on some basic gear and embarass the :wink: out of you-_-

#98 ybfga102

ybfga102

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Veteran, while I appreciate your effort to try and give out ideas, these aren't facts, they are your opinions. You keep saying sura is OP and I agree it is. But they are OP because iRO took a direction where no other RO did, putting kvm badges in lucky boxes and giving a no risk upgrade HD event which makes +9 kvm too available, letting events like the ales one happen that sp pots are no longer hard to get. These are the directions where iRO went wrong and now you want the whole class to suffer for their misdirection? Your whole idea of every class should have a 1HKO skill or no one does is actually against the whole point of a MMO game. It is supposed to be a team environment where you have attacker, tanker, support. G fist wasn't as much a problem before +9 kvm making the cast time non-existant, and ales event which makes the sacrifice of all sp not much a sacrifice anymore. I like and agree with some of the points you made but please, your idea isn't near perfect so listen to other inputs and try to see it in other perspective. The right fix is to balance out the sacrifice of g fist and make sura a 1HKO class but it is also very easy to die.

Edited by ybfga102, 27 May 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#99 Angelini

Angelini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

ouch someones a little angry

#100 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

LOL ok enough said. 46k damage u say? let me just test that in pvp on a fully geared 150 RK and posted a screen shot here ey? ill put on a +5 elemental fist and some woe gears too, oh and i also have another 2 alt sura that is below 110 i could test that too, so brb putting on some basic gear and embarass the :wink: out of you-_-

You need banned from the iRO forums, permanently. I just pulled off a 30k g fist with a vvs weapon, on a level 100 sura, and a 40k g fist, with a double dilligent +5 carga mace, on a weak, level 100 sura. An actual pvp weapon? It would be over if this sura was level 130+.

This sura had only 1.1k or so SP, all champions by level 130 have at least 1.5k+ or more. You lost. Terribly. Try again please. I dare you.

http://i53.tinypic.com/hum15l.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/a9tfll.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users