Deep Sleep Lulaby - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Deep Sleep Lulaby

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

The only problem i see using deep sleep is with maestros using it through walls. Our precast was broken a few times just because he could hit the entire precast through the wall.

#77 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

The only problem i see using deep sleep is with maestros using it through walls. Our precast was broken a few times just because he could hit the entire precast through the wall.

good point, put it in maestro feedback, i hope gms could fix it(becouse if they cant fix it they will ban the skill from woe)

#78 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

errmm... I think this is a strategy issue don't you think? I think you need to change our strategy if that's the case...

#79 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Shouldn't really be able to cast through walls to begin with lol

PS. I'm not saying i agree with not making DSL usable. I'm just saying it shouldn't be able to be casted through walls.

Edited by Braska, 04 June 2011 - 02:13 PM.

#80 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Frost Joke / Dazzler always worked through walls.

#81 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

both can be resisted though!

#82 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

You can become easily immune to both with the way stats work now. They need DSL to be even mildly effective and there's quite a few counters coming down the pipeline.

#83 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

You can become easily immune to both with the way stats work now. They need DSL to be even mildly effective and there's quite a few counters coming down the pipeline.

Thats why it's pointless to nerf DSL. because IMO I cannot find any exploits for it.
1. it can be countered by another maestro (also by AB on the upcoming patch)
2. it affects allies. hence, it is not that spammable unless you want your allies (outside the party) effed up.

Edited by iCandy, 04 June 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#84 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

I wish it worked on non-PVP maps.

#85 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Same as arrullo, but those skills are made for WoE/PvP right..? Nothing else, as GM's are trying to tell us...

#86 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Read kRO's April 13th patch notes.

#87 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Same as arrullo, but those skills are made for WoE/PvP right..? Nothing else, as GM's are trying to tell us...

Have I ever mentioned that your signature and avatar are awesome? /offtopic

/ontopic This is hillarious. Dear Gravity,

Nerf rock. Paper is fine. Sincerely scissors.

#88 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

wtf is up with people saying DSL is the ONLY useful skill musicians have? THey have a long list of skills that are far more useful than most classes. Bad argument for re-enabling DSL i think.

#89 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Nerf Sura...Nerf Deep sleep. Nerf Backsliding, Nerf Ninja , Nerf Royal Guard, Nerg Ranger.Ops i forgot Ranger already been Nerf...

#90 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Nerf Sura...Nerf Deep sleep. Nerf Backsliding, Nerf Ninja , Nerf Royal Guard, Nerg Ranger.Ops i forgot Ranger already been Nerf...

agree, also the maestro its uber nerfed, i always posting suggetions for maestros and rangers in renewal feedback, but no 1 help me

#91 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

wtf is up with people saying DSL is the ONLY useful skill musicians have? THey have a long list of skills that are far more useful than most classes. Bad argument for re-enabling DSL i think.

ok, here is a breakdown of maestro skills.

Sirens Voice = Keeps musicians from being targeted. This skill basically keeps us alive. This skill does not benefit other players in the party, except when breaking emp in woe.
Harmonize = takes away + stats. In short, neutralize characters with god items.
Song of despair= like ankle snare
Dances of wargs = decreases fixed cast time. Can't really use this because it does not stack with Sacrament
Other duet skills= more support, need other maestro classes.
Severe Rainstorm = does severe damage, not really useful in woe, or GD.

Deep Sleep Lullaby= puts characters to sleep in a certain amount of area. This skill is THE only offensive/defensive skill that maestro's can use to support a party or themselves.

Now, tell me..If DSL is disabled, what more can musicians do?

#92 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Remake to a new class, obviously. If your class is targetted by the whine squad you might as well just remake because heim listens to them unconditionally.

#93 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

ok, here is a breakdown of maestro skills.

Sirens Voice = Keeps musicians from being targeted. This skill basically keeps us alive. This skill does not benefit other players in the party, except when breaking emp in woe.
Harmonize = takes away + stats. In short, neutralize characters with god items.
Song of despair= like ankle snare
Dances of wargs = decreases fixed cast time. Can't really use this because it does not stack with Sacrament
Other duet skills= more support, need other maestro classes.
Severe Rainstorm = does severe damage, not really useful in woe, or GD.

Deep Sleep Lullaby= puts characters to sleep in a certain amount of area. This skill is THE only offensive/defensive skill that maestro's can use to support a party or themselves.

Now, tell me..If DSL is disabled, what more can musicians do?

the retarded problem with deep sleep lullaby that i been asking since renewal started to fix it, its the bug where party menbers and guildmates are affected by deep sleep lullaby........ and song of despair have loooooooooooooooonger cast time than ankle snare

#94 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Remake to a new class, obviously. If your class is targetted by the whine squad you might as well just remake because heim listens to them unconditionally.

tsk tsk... If nerfing continues, the performer class population will keep on decreasing... for the record, there are only 16 Maestros above 120 in Valk (6 level 150) compared to 22 Level 150 Suras (93 above level 120)
source: ROPD

Edited by iCandy, 06 June 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#95 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

What I find funny is that deep sleep lullaby, harmonize, circle of nature, song of despair, etc, are riddled with bugs, probably because Gravity didn't playtest performers at all. Its obvious they don't give a care about performers or the class wouldn't be so gimped and bug ridden. Just about every performer skill has a bug that makes the skill necessary to be disabled in either pvp or pvm. It's ridiculous. This class needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

Also if maestro wasn't poorly created enough, gravity HATES women. Wanderer doesn't even have the magic strings, harmonize, windmill rush, or berserk guitar etc that form the majority of the maestro's usefulness outside of DSL. If gravity got married, its wife would have 3 black eyes.

Edited by Jaye, 06 June 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#96 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

What I find funny is that deep sleep lullaby, harmonize, circle of nature, song of despair, etc, are riddled with bugs, probably because Gravity didn't playtest performers at all. Its obvious they don't give a care about performers or the class wouldn't be so gimped and bug ridden. Just about every performer skill has a bug that makes the skill necessary to be disabled in either pvp or pvm. It's ridiculous. This class needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

Also if maestro wasn't poorly created enough, gravity HATES women. Wanderer doesn't even have the magic strings, harmonize, windmill rush, or berserk guitar etc that form the majority of the maestro's usefulness outside of DSL. If gravity got married, its wife would have 3 black eyes.

gravity HATES women.

Ahahaha

#97 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

^Indeed