Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED* - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED*

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

9.15.11 Update: Developer notes regarding the Union Point and equipment changes, aswell as the upcoming Game Arena system are now available here.

This month we have quite a few things being released that we are excited about.

Bugs

We have been working really hard on tracking down some of the long standing bugs that all of you will be pretty happy to get rid of, we certainly are. The death glitch, double death, and hp/mp syncing were some of the fixes that have been a major focus and these will all be resolved very soon.

Player Progression

In an effort to help bring more players to our community, we have been analyzing player progression in the ROSE universe. This month you will see a modified introduction into the game, which will help ease new comers and your new characters into our world. These changes will be happening to the Adventurer's Plains and The Valley of Luxem Tower, but look forward to revamps to other maps in the future. It has also come to our attention that most of our users do not take advantage of our existing quests. We would like you to know that we are reviewing the rewards to help make this content more enticing to take part in.

Lucky Spin

You will also be seeing the release of the Lucky Spin towards the end of this month. Try your chance at obtaining some cool, new and very rare looks that will only be available through the Lucky Spin. There will be additional information, including a video walkthrough coming soon.

Union Wars

Over the last weeks we have been gathering your feedback and brainstorming ideas to combat the most concerning pitfalls of the Union War system. Our main concerns in the Union War are currently balancing of Unions and teams, spawn camping and combating AFK players.

To alleviate some of the long standing issues related to spawn camping, we are considering the introduction of a hostile turret NPC at each spawn area which quickly targets and annihilates all opposing team members who trespass into the spawn area of the other team. We are hopeful that this will act as a deterrent to those who are insistent on taking advantage of the various visual glitches to gain an unfair advantage over others.

In regards to AFK players who idle at their own spawn area to accumulate points without participating in the battle, we are looking into the long suggested idea of an AFK timer system which will track player activity while logged in and remove those from the Union War who do not show activity for extended periods of time. We hope that clamping down on AFK players inside Union War will encourage more players to actively participate in the battle and create a healthier PvP battleground environment for everyone to enjoy.

To create a fairer PvP environment for a wider range of players, we are looking into the possibility of separating the Union War into two distinct level brackets, one which will be in the 100-140 range, and another for the 180-220 range. Separating the war into two brackets will introduce a new PvP tier for both new and current low level characters to compete in without fear of being attacked by high level players who will now be placed into the higher level bracket. We are excited that the introduction of the lower level bracket will encourage many of the low level players to participate who currently idle in the current Union War setup due to the large difference between most active players.

There has also been interest expressed in having all Union War obtained equipment to be made available from all factions to alleviate some of the pressure which causes many players to gravitate towards one faction over another.

We are interested in the community's feedback and suggestions on how the Union War can be improved.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Wow monthly feedback is back! I like the idea of seperate tiered union wars. But, what about the 141-179 players? And also, I'm guessing characters under 100 won't be able participate leech points?

Also regarding the lower level pvp. You might want to consider adjusting damage over time skills, as they will becoming more overpowered with lower level characters. I don't mean straight up nerfing it, but make the actual damage per second based off of a specific stat for example.

Edited by Phish, 02 June 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#3 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

i like the seperate tier thing ,good idea to make a low tier pvp char just like old times

#4 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

Union Wars
To alleviate some of the long standing issues related to spawn camping, we are considering the introduction of a hostile turret NPC at each spawn area which quickly targets and annihilates all opposing team members who trespass into the spawn area of the other team. We are hopeful that this will act as a deterrent to those who are insistent on taking advantage of the various visual glitches to gain an unfair advantage over others.

bahahahahhahahah I wanna see how this goes down pewpewlasergo

#5 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Bugs

We have been working really hard on tracking down some of the long standing bugs that all of you will be pretty happy to get rid of, we certainly are. The death glitch, double death, and hp/mp syncing were some of the fixes that have been a major focus and these will all be resolved very soon.

Player Progression

In an effort to help bring more players to our community, we have been analyzing player progression in the ROSE universe. This month you will see a modified introduction into the game, which will help ease new comers and your new characters into our world. These changes will be happening to the Adventurer's Plains and The Valley of Luxem Tower, but look forward to revamps to other maps in the future. It has also come to our attention that most of our users do not take advantage of our existing quests. We would like you to know that we are reviewing the rewards to help make this content more enticing to take part in.

Lucky Spin

You will also be seeing the release of the Lucky Spin towards the end of this month. Try your chance at obtaining some cool, new and very rare looks that will only be available through the Lucky Spin. There will be additional information, including a video walkthrough coming soon.

Union Wars

Over the last weeks we have been gathering your feedback and brainstorming ideas to combat the most concerning pitfalls of the Union War system. Our main concerns in the Union War are currently balancing of Unions and teams, spawn camping and combating AFK players.

In regards to AFK players who idle at their own spawn area to accumulate points without participating in the battle, we are looking into the long suggested idea of an AFK timer system which will track player activity while logged in and remove those from the Union War who do not show activity for extended periods of time. We hope that clamping down on AFK players inside Union War will encourage more players to actively participate in the battle and create a healthier PvP battleground environment for everyone to enjoy.

To create a fairer PvP environment for a wider range of players, we are looking into the possibility of separating the Union War into two distinct level brackets, one which will be in the 100-140 range, and another for the 180-220 range. Separating the war into two brackets will introduce a new PvP tier for both new and current low level characters to compete in without fear of being attacked by high level players who will now be placed into the higher level bracket. We are excited that the introduction of the lower level bracket will encourage many of the low level players to participate who currently idle in the current Union War setup due to the large difference between most active players.

There has also been interest expressed in having all Union War obtained equipment to be made available from all factions to alleviate some of the pressure which causes many players to gravitate towards one faction over another.

We are interested in the community's feedback and suggestions on how the Union War can be improved.

if this works how im picturing it.. people will just run to that safe area while getting atkd and the opponent will die.Aside from that everything else sounds great,now make it happen!

Edited by twitch, 02 June 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#6 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

i like this one, the death glitch and the UW things sound great!

#7 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

if this works how im picturing it.. people will just run to that safe area while getting atkd and the opponent will die.Aside from that everything else sounds great,now make it happen!

I think thats the point. To deter people from spawn camping. Although I'm wondering what will happen when this NPC is taunted...

Edited by Phish, 02 June 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#8 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

Bugs: Sure thing needed, fix it as fast as you can.

Player Progression: Too vague, I don't know what you are talking about, just give exp boost to the quest reward?

Lucky Spin: Item mall right?

Union war: lol you are not gonna fix anything, if you don't fix the fundamental PvP issue (Item mall buffs/ food). And don't be stupid that giving an afk timer will help against UW leeching, we have bots people will have input constantly and bypass this afk timer. :)

The level interval division is good, but are you sure we have enough players?

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

Now bring back the old CF and riddle jelly beans :)

#10 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Several good ideas here; The turret, AFK timers, and the level tier seperation. Very good "notes", I hope to see more like this in the future.

#11 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Nice to see Developers notes again, thanks.

Want to add random assignment of sides to that UW ideas and I think it will work out better. You can still keep people in their factions but balance it out...say JO has 20 people, AR has 35, RC has 15 and FG has 25. You would then randomly put AR and RC together and JO and RC together for that war. The sides would be more balanced number wise. And with incentives to not be AFK the wars might get fun again. And if you put the UW gear in all shops then it won't matter what side you are really on and all would have an incentive to win to get the points. Or as others have posted, randomly assign people to sides when they sign up. There have been many good suggestions for evening out sides, I hope you look at some of those and see what is easiest to figure out.

Edited by Bendersmom, 02 June 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#12 victor

victor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, WV (Temporary)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

Uh oh. Lucky Spin or gachapon. That thing is addictive.

#13 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

I think thats the point. To deter people from spawn camping. Although I'm wondering what will happen when this NPC is taunted...

Well im saying during battle or w/e someone could just run into this "safe zone" and basically get those people that were atking him killed.

#14 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Sounds great! Next to Union Wars, the Player Progression sounds pretty interesting as well. I am really wondering what kind of changes there will be!

#15 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

I really like the turret idea. Is it possible to kill the turrets? :3

#16 b3nji

b3nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:DRACOmalfoy

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

IMO turrets just sound like the spawn zone is extended. Meaning one side will just camp outside the turret until the trapped enemy comes out.

#17 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Great! I'm happy you are going through with these notes at the start of the month. I am sure everyone likes it a lot! Again, thank you guys

#18 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

Everything is great except for the Lucky Spin, i guess it will drain our money again.

#19 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

Everything is great except for the Lucky Spin, i guess it will drain our money again.

Thats a harsh thing to say. It's your own choice if you are willing to spend money on it or not.
It's not like we're being forced into spending our money on it...

Edited by gEddeh, 03 June 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#20 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

Sounds very good zep ^^ I cant wait for the turret and extra options. Best way to know if it works is test it so im all ready xD

#21 newpurplee

newpurplee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

one which will be in the 100-140 range, and another for the 180-220 range

What about 140-180? no war for them?
Why only two wars? if you can make another one, why not make one for each of the level brackets?
I love the idea, though.

#22 randalbob

randalbob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

Seems to be a typo or miscalculation, an even gap would be 100-160 and 161-220

#23 Dutchpwntje

Dutchpwntje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationLeiden / Netherlands

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

Union Wars

That would be nais and funny i guess :> (a lowlvl pro hehehe)

#24 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

What about the HP cap? Any news on when or if that's ever going to get lifted?

#25 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

I'm still waiting on more news for the goblin cave :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users