Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED* - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED*

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#51 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

those turrets are a 2 edged sword it will prevent spawn camping but what will make you sure someone could just keep luring ppl to the turrets? imo that will be fun!! running in mspeed gear pulling ppl down to the turrets.

That would be fun and serve the people right for being so close and camping. Easy way to avoid it...don't camp lol

#52 iHealersz

iHealersz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationUnderground, lurking around..

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

To create a fairer PvP environment for a wider range of players, we are looking into the possibility of separating the Union War into two distinct level brackets, one which will be in the 100-140 range, and another for the 180-220 range. Separating the war into two brackets will introduce a

Ohnu, then I wouldn't be able to bash lowbies anymore that are running to the middle crystal T_T

Haha, just kidding.

Can't wait to see those turrets pew the s**t outta the spawn campers.

Edited by iHealersz, 16 June 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#53 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

I didnt catch the part of what would happen to those that are in between the lvl bracket. Are they stuck and can't participate UW?

#54 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

To alleviate some of the long standing issues related to spawn camping, we are considering the introduction of a hostile turret NPC at each spawn area which quickly targets and annihilates all opposing team members who trespass into the spawn area of the other team. We are hopeful that this will act as a deterrent to those who are insistent on taking advantage of the various visual glitches to gain an unfair advantage over others.

How about instead of killing the spawn campers in the area the turret just stuns and mutes them? And it should be an AOE stun and mute for them. That way the people being camped can still kill them. A 20 sec stun would be nice. Also, make sure it works on the def spawn too. They climb the walls in the front of that and up both sides. The def spawn has to be wider on the sides and higher at the end to help keep them off too.

It's better if the turret just kills the players that enter the spawn-area. Because even if the machine stuns them for 20seconds, once you skill them they're gonna be awake. As well, if you mute them they can still melee and for some classes that is still deadly. Instant-kill would be better.

(More ideas for the Union war changes)

You could also highlight or make the field glow red, as a danger symbol (This will only appear to the attacking side) As in for the defending side they should add more wall/floor to distance the spawn from the edges cause attackers can easily attack defender's on top of their wall. As in for afk players, if there's a way to limit the amount of accounts u can sign-up with that would be useful too. Cause all you need is a fighter-cleric. So maybe something with IP adress limiting.

Edited by iBryan, 16 June 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#55 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

It's better if the turret just kills the players that enter the spawn-area. Because even if the machine stuns them for 20seconds, once you skill them they're gonna be awake. As well, if you mute them they can still melee and for some classes that is still deadly. Instant-kill would be better.

(More ideas for the Union war changes)

You could also highlight or make the field glow red, as a danger symbol (This will only appear to the attacking side) As in for the defending side they should add more wall/floor to distance the spawn from the edges cause attackers can easily attack defender's on top of their wall. As in for afk players, if there's a way to limit the amount of accounts u can sign-up with that would be useful too. Cause all you need is a fighter-cleric. So maybe something with IP adress limiting.

But then all the penoys in the internet cafe's can't play. :waddle:

#56 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

But then all the penoys in the internet cafe's can't play. :waddle:

Lmao ! Forgot about internet cafe players. Oh well i guess scratch that idea out.

Edited by iBryan, 16 June 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#57 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Meh.. ban em all.

I think limiting the number would be the only way or have a timer. then people can just move their toon and go back to playing. The timer would have to be like a 5 minute thing. Equalizing the wars is more important to me. And the turrets are an interesting idea. Have the turrets either instant kill or debuff something that would cause a player not to want to stick around it. Stunning them for 20 seconds is a fail idea simply because it gives a proof away and that is not at all what they would be going for. A weaker fail player shouldn't receive a proof because a turret stunned another player for 20 seconds I don't see a problem with the idea of instant death and losing a proof.

#58 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Or, what if the turrets just teleported the intruder back to their spawn?

#59 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

D/C time!

#60 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Nah, I like the instant kill and lose a proof idea. If they just teleport back, they can just run with mspd gear and continue to camp.

#61 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Oh my gosh, that's brilliant!

#62 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

Nah, I like the instant kill and lose a proof idea. If they just teleport back, they can just run with mspd gear and continue to camp.

They'll get tele back again! and it its like that.. they could just rebuff and continue to camp...

#63 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

They'll get tele back again! and it its like that.. they could just rebuff and continue to camp...

Rebuffing make them work :waddle: a min in UW can do lots of change for the loosing side to push out to the field.

#64 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Rebuffing make them work :waddle: a min in UW can do lots of change for the loosing side to push out to the field.

Lmao i just noticed your sig about calanor had me laughing.

#65 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Ughhh is it possible to kill the turret Lmao

#66 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Ughhh is it possible to kill the turret Lmao

I think the turret would be strong enough so that player's don't even have a chance at beating it :waddle:

#67 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Make UW for 100-140 somewhere other than junon~

#68 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

Lmao i just noticed your sig about calanor had me laughing.

LOL you are the first who comment on that :waddle:

#69 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

how about dc turrets~~~ once a turret hits you, you get DCD! hahaa

#70 NinjaOfBlades

NinjaOfBlades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

i really like the idea of having union wars based on different level ranges.

#71 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

LOL you are the first who comment on that :blink:

Haha it's nice.

#72 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

I hope the UW equipment being consolidated to every union be implemented. :lol:

#73 twingod

twingod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationaway from R.O.S.E
  • Server:none atm

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

Player Progression

In an effort to help bring more players to our community, we have been analyzing player progression in the ROSE universe. This month you will see a modified introduction into the game, which will help ease new comers and your new characters into our world. These changes will be happening to the Adventurer's Plains and The Valley of Luxem Tower, but look forward to revamps to other maps in the future. It has also come to our attention that most of our users do not take advantage of our existing quests. We would like you to know that we are reviewing the rewards to help make this content more enticing to take part in.

[/quote]

oh kinda like how i spent 2 hrs last nite fighting doongas for the claws for a quest for weapon hardening experiment (or something like that) for fraction war and only got 5 mp & hp vials & 64k exp? bet i dont ever do that quest again i got more exp killing the doongas getting only 200 exp each in the 2 hrs then from the reward (92 cleric to be) i hope to see a good increase cause i gave up on doing quests yrs ago cause of the low rewards and the amount of time it takes to finish them but if the reward was better id start doing them again so ill be checking back to see if any improvements have happened

#74 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

Player Progression

In an effort to help bring more players to our community, we have been analyzing player progression in the ROSE universe. This month you will see a modified introduction into the game, which will help ease new comers and your new characters into our world. These changes will be happening to the Adventurer's Plains and The Valley of Luxem Tower, but look forward to revamps to other maps in the future. It has also come to our attention that most of our users do not take advantage of our existing quests. We would like you to know that we are reviewing the rewards to help make this content more enticing to take part in.

These are some possible reasons why aren't much players doing quests in ROSE:

• A. The rewards for most of the quests are quite bad. Killing 3 mobs in the field sometimes is more rewarding than a quests.
  • B. The horrible NPC dialogue system of ROSE often makes it hard to navigate to the option which actually puts the quest into the player's quest window. At least put a quest marker to the option which would eventually lead to a quest. Players are lazy y' know? There are also a lot of players who don't really understand english.
  • C. Most quests in ROSE are designed badly. By saying badly I mean that they often include a lot of boring traveling. In an ideal quest system each zone would have a small questing hub with 1-2 NPC's with quests for the zone.
  • D. Quest item drop rates. Sometimes a player has to mercilessly slaughter hundrends of monsters just to get his/her hands on ONE quest item.
  • E. There is no comfortable way to track quest objectives other than having the huge quest window open all the time. Adding a quest tracker to track quest objectives would help a little.
  • F. What quests? Last time I checked there weren't a lot of quests in ROSE!

#75 Hitman2506

Hitman2506

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUSA!
  • Server:Leonis FTW

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

You will see alot of Canceled UW's though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users