Question about hexing a client. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about hexing a client.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

You seem to know a lot of different hacks. Maybe you should report them? Unless you of course are abusing them?
I think you can have a timeout and stop being so interested in illegal activities. If you are that bad of a player that you can't move your window inside of a castle to target things easier (a player between a barricade during 2.0 Siege), then maybe you shouldn't siege.

I report all the time. I'm on first name terms with the GM team because of it. What you don't realize is that this is mild stuff compared to how far it can go. Me and many others have spoken to the GMs on many many occasions over abuse of the GRF. And has been going on for years.

Uh. I can address this one! It was a modification made to RCX to provide the overlay on minimaps.

Not really bannable. We just managed to get it running sooner than you guys did on renewal. Had to turn most of the stuff off though since it wasn't working. Thanks though. =)

RCX != cheating :D :D

BS.
  • First of all if you have the RCX source code, please share it.
  • Secondly, Heim said he doesn't support it's use anymore.
  • Third, it's Afrikan, We all know he does far more than use RCX.
  • Btw, why would anyone use RCX without the simple useful things like M2E? There is no way in that video that RCX is being used.
  • Would you like videos of the same player using the no attack delay GRF edit?
  • Making RCX work on renewal is not hard. Anyone who can read Wiki can do it.
Stop complaining about cheaters when you cheat yourself. It's getting pretty stupid tbh. That goes for pretty much all of the recent outcries about cheats - There are players posting videos of users cheating on the god item seals whilst refusing to release the full video because they're using kore, it goes on like that, but out of respect, I'll keep the rest of what I know to myself. That however, does not make me think that the qqing of cheaters about cheaters is less hypocritical.

If you're gonna try to defend the use of cheats on your account, at least point out that it's "not that serious" rather than making up bullcrap about it being RCX.

Of course Dan, if you can explain to me how to set RCX up to change the barricade sprites and add the mini-map, (which doesn't exist in the client) I'll apologize right here infront of everyone.

Edited by Xellie, 07 June 2011 - 04:10 AM.

#52 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

for lamb, is ok for him and his guild to cheat and RMT, but then, when he see other people do it, he QQ's out and demand GM to ban them.

#53 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

Such harsh words from Xellie. You're clearly a noob programmer. I'm about to blow...your...mind. You don't need source code to make a program do what you want. You'll learn about it someday. I'll leave the suspense for you now though. If I had the source code though, I could have had it working with ingame effects! =)

RCX is RCX. I'm gonna keep using it, just like everybody else does, until I see a pinned topic from the GMs saying that RCX is no longer allowed. That's like saying a G15 is no longer allowed because it gives a player an advantage. You could make a G15 do nearly anything you want ingame. The functionality is there. But if you aren't using it that way, it isn't illegal. I use RCX for ground effects so I can see where I'm running and what's going on without having effects on ingame. It has the Groupie function, apparently, but I'm not using it for that, so there shouldn't be any problems.

If I were you, noobifan, I'd be more worried about the mass amount of reports that are about to come in against you for botting the seal quests. We've learned from our mistakes in the ways that we reported HaM, which still turned out to be correct enough for some action to be taken. For the reports against you though, we've really ironed things out.

You were WAY too easy to catch, you freaking noob. Deny it all you want. After the report is in, I'll make the evidence public.

Hint: You should pay a little more attention to your bots when they're questing :D :D :P

EDIT EDIT: I didn't even see about the barricade sprites changing. News to me. Good thing Afrikan is already banned though! :D

Edited by Lambor, 07 June 2011 - 05:23 AM.

#54 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:28 AM

Such harsh words from Xellie. You're clearly a noob programmer. I'm about to blow...your...mind. You don't need source code to make a program do what you want. You'll learn about it someday. I'll leave the suspense for you now though. If I had the source code though, I could have had it working with ingame effects! =)

RCX is RCX. I'm gonna keep using it, just like everybody else does, until I see a pinned topic from the GMs saying that RCX is no longer allowed. That's like saying a G15 is no longer allowed because it gives a player an advantage. You could make a G15 do nearly anything you want ingame. The functionality is there. But if you aren't using it that way, it isn't illegal. I use RCX for ground effects so I can see where I'm running and what's going on without having effects on ingame. It has the Groupie function, apparently, but I'm not using it for that, so there shouldn't be any problems.

If I were you, noobifan, I'd be more worried about the mass amount of reports that are about to come in against you for botting the seal quests. We've learned from our mistakes in the ways that we reported HaM, which still turned out to be correct enough for some action to be taken. For the reports against you though, we've really ironed things out.

You were WAY too easy to catch, you freaking noob. Deny it all you want. After the report is in, I'll make the evidence public.

Hint: You should pay a little more attention to your bots when they're questing :D :( :)

:( :D :D

not worried @ all =p. knowing that i guide at least 2 people from ur aliance (1 person from AB, 1 person from Inevirtable) about seal 1. oh god i know how to do this quest in less than 5 mins, why bother botting xD. you should ask ren to aprove, i wasnt botting it, because we were opening seal 2 for ren. now seal 2 open by iteself, why even bother doin seal 1 for a friend anymore :( and why aint i continue botting it? x___x oh brb botting on WP forum xD. can i also report lambomb using GRF edit on one of his pre renewal vids?

:P :D :sigh:

Edited by Unifan, 07 June 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#55 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

A better question to be asked by us is:

What is it you want the client to do that it doesn't that makes you feel the need to modify the client?

Aside from cheating to make this work in bad ways, what are the "neutral" things like mini-maps or changing a skill effect appearance and such?

I'd rather add in or make adjustments so those reasonable changes come in the box so people don't feel they need to modify.

I want to see cells highlighted that are affected by bard/dancer skills (magic strings and like) and sage land skill (magnetic earth and like) even with effects off.

#56 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

afrikan did get banned. but he wasn't using his character on his woe vid, he was using Lambinator, should be banned imo!!

#57 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

Yea. Good thing you stopped botting the seals now. Too bad we already have all we need. :D

Seals seem to be awfully quiet now, outside of our alliance. I think that should be a big indicator alone! Not 1 god item has been made by ANYBODY outside of our alliance SINCE the report on HaM + others. Just sayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. :D

You're welcome to post whatever you want. I have some stuff about Genji, Delight, and Yoink that I'm saving for a rainy day. :P

The fact that you spent almost your entire post countering what I just said implies guilt. You should be careful with how you troll. But hey, it's ok. We have all we need already. :D

Edited by Lambor, 07 June 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#58 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

qq autopot =[

#59 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

Yea. Good thing you stopped botting the seals now. Too bad we already have all we need. :D

Seals seem to be awfully quiet now, outside of our alliance. I think that should be a big indicator alone! Not 1 god item has been made by ANYBODY outside of our alliance SINCE the report on HaM + others. Just sayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. :D

You're welcome to post whatever you want. I have some stuff about Genji, Delight, and Yoink that I'm saving for a rainy day. :P

nah, i know u for to long, and you all big talk and no evidence, unless some1 else gives u it. go ahead post ur evidence about me on public, even tirades. oh after that hammer was made, that was the last thing that i needed to make, just sayiiiiiiiiiiiiing. :D anything else? hey GM can u investigate " A Black Man" i think that dude did a HUGE RMT, his from animosity, and anybody that ever touch his item, should be banned!

#60 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

Yes. Please investigate A Black Man. If he's a RMTer and there's evidence for it, I'd like for him to be banned.

I thought that was D's hammer? :D

#61 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

Yes. Please investigate A Black Man. If he's a RMTer and there's evidence for it, I'd like for him to be banned.

where would D get a hammer set to make ?__?

#62 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

Oh shi- I think there's more to this story! :D

Posted Image

#63 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

what story? :D . ren alrdy made it clear he ran the hammer for me under D's account because he was doing a favour cuz i pushed the seals, that :D wasnt clear for you? or do you need a link? http://forums.warppo...rs-me-the-most/

l2r anyways is 11:56pm to tired might be time for bed. brb turning my bots on, come and catch me lamb and good night <3 :P :sigh: :D

#64 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

Can you really disable in-game buff timers with RCX? That seems more harmful rather than helpful.

#65 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

You don't have to bot anymore. You're done with the seals, remember? But...like I've said. We have all we need. Videos! Screenshots! Your bots all -_-ed up! It's gonna be a good one. And there's even another little piece of evidence that even you won't believe. I'll leave that for the GM team.

Is it true Majeh is coming back? That guy is buying up a storm right now. Billions and billions and billions of zeny. If anybody needs to be investigated, I'd start there! :D

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

LOL.

Sure thing champ. Just point me in the direction of the setting for the mini map like you said further up. People who bend and twist these programs to do more than they are released to do are the reason the GMs don't let us have nice things.

That's not RCX in the video like you claimed. Many people use RCX and that video is definitely NOT RCX.
There's not a pinned topic, but there's been several posts by Heimdallr.

EDIT EDIT: I didn't even see about the barricade sprites changing. News to me. Good thing Afrikan is already banned though! :D

Yep, banned, was playing your account and is doing USRC. How relevant is that?

Edited by Xellie, 07 June 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#67 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

O.o

I'm sorry but if you make a program do what you want, that can't be consider programming... same difference with Hacker and Cracker... The only way to make a program do something you want is altering it, not learning how to use it...

There's a way to make a program alter their options and it is thru "cracking" it (which is not consider hacking... not in the same league =P)

With this, are you saying that these functions like mini-map, barricades, auto-pot are included on RCX itself? even thou the actual developer did say that those functions were not included in the actual source code?? because RCX can be treated different if these functions are ACTUALLY included in the code itself... which I doubt it... Let us ask him about it...

Edited by Wizard, 07 June 2011 - 06:41 AM.

#68 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

Dan, pm me later. I'll get some chat logs together/wiki logs if you really want a long list of all the thing black man has tried to/has bought for cash. Rofl.

#69 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

I said I didn't know anything about the barricades. That's on Afrikan. Report it if you guys want. It'll all come down to the GMs banning who was on the account and not the owner of the account. Just like what they're trying to do with God Item Creation. So, in that case, ban him =)

That video is definitly RCX with features turned off/not working. The HP bars and all are hidden, just like the RCX bar. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not working.

Ok, so the owner said that those features aren't in RCX. And I'm apparently a "hacker" or a "cracker". What gives him any more right to develop for RCX and not me? Because he's the creator? Your argument, Haseo, is that he can edit RCX because he has the source code and I can't because I don't.

Yep, banned, was playing your account and is doing USRC. How relevant is that?

I don't see what your argument is here. But. Uh, he doesn't play our recaller anymore and hasn't for months. So, I guess I'll just go ahead and say that he doesn't anymore because we found out he was banned. Whether that's the real reason or not, only I'll know, but that should be enough to clean my slate as far as the GMs are concerned. They are welcome to check IP logs on account access to verify that he doesn't access it anymore and hasn't accessed it in months.

If Black bought stuff, then go public about it. I could care less. But just remember that the seller would be in trouble too :D If he did buy, he could probably ruin all of the sellers.

Edited by Lambor, 07 June 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

You should go ahead and tell me what exactly RCX is being used for in that video? Why would anyone not use M2E when running RCX? why would anyone believe that someone well known for altering their client would suddenly use RCX for a minimap change when the simplest way would be to edit the client since it's already being editted?

If he's not playing the acc anymore, you have nothing to defend yourself against here. Your guild members problems and cheats are their problems and cheats. If your acc is clean of Chris' IP then you really have nothing to be justifying on this forum.

As for A Black Man.... That's a fact known since he was back in Windfall. Serverwide probably. Dunno how a guildleader couldn't notice ;p

#71 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

I guess I just don't pay enough attention then. Accusations fly around left and right every single day. I've been accused of RMT and all as well and I know that's false.

Ground effects weren't working for renewal in RCX when renewal first came about, which is when that video was created. And him altering his client is probably just rumors and such, again. I REALLY don't care about rumors. You're a botter. There. I just started that rumor. Now, I'll tell my guild, they'll tell other guilds, and then we have a serverwide incident as well. "Xellie is a botter. She botted all of her chars to 99!". With enough time, you can make anything seem real.

I suppose the simplest way to have minimaps would be to edit the client. But maybe he didn't edit the client and somebody did it for him. Maybe he isn't that knowledgable when it comes to modifying what shows up ingame and all that. Maybe they did that for him and somebody sent him a modified version of RCX to show minimaps again and that's all he did. Or...maybe his GRF is corrupt and he's missing the sprites for the barricades. In the past couple of years, I know, personally, that my GRF has become corrupt.

I'm not just defending myself here, but him too. Even if he did edit the client and add in minimaps and edit the barricades, a report like that shouldn't get very far. Especially when there was a big-to-do when Doddler posted some screenshots of him in NL3 with his client zoomed out. That's a client mod in itself and he was never banned (and he's a mod here now, right?)

I've seen a BILLION screenshots floating around of people zoomed out in the god item creation hallway too. None of those people will get banned either.

And I guess to clean the slate one more time, nowhere in that video is the iRO logo (at least if I remember correctly...I'm at work and I can't see YouTube). So maybe that's just a video of a private server or it has been edited.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

My RCX displayed non-renewal M2E just after renewal.

Well on Afrikan..... it's not like he video'd himself using no delay, talked about it to his guild etc or had people using the same :D bragging on wiki, is it? I'd say that's a little more than a rumor. I've known people from his mvp party / usrc team explaining all the hacks they use. Again ... not a rumor.

If you had reliable info on me or a video of such questionable behaviour, I'd challenge you to post it to or start a rumor, :D won't stick on me past me being a b**** because there's no evidence of me having ever done anything. Many people have tried to claim that I bot or ebay and failed because it is spectacularly false.

Which is pretty much the opposite of the people you're defending.

Nothing against you personally, it's just the whole don't throw stones when you live in a glass house philosophy. I suppose not all guildleaders can keep tabs on their guildmembers, especially when they inherit Ebayers (not talking about A Black Man here, you should look at the trash you got from EA) and I guess if you don't pay attention to those things it's easily overlooked. my mistake, I believe you're not knowingly benefiting from these guildmembers.

Doddler should set better examples. No further comment on that though. It'll start and even bigger crapstorm.

#73 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

And at the end... what will Heim do? will he use ban hammer or just wash his hands like Pocio Pilatos?

Dunno but that thing about "he was using my account and not me" sounds quite like those guys who said "my gf was using my acc when I got sent to gm prison... and such..."

There's no word from Heim since yesterday...

#74 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Nodelay was huge. Nobody was banned for it because of the fact that the GMs couldn't do anything to stop it until renewal came about and fixed cast time/etc were introduced.

Did people in my guild use nodelay? Yes. I won't hide that. Does that mean that we were illegit back in the day when it worked? Well, I suppose so. I, in no way, told anybody in my guild to use it, however, but still, all that does is make us the same as every other guild out there. Look at pre-renewal WoE videos. Every guild had SOMEBODY that used nodelay, which makes us all the same in the end.

I'm well aware that we don't "live in a glass house" or whatever you're trying to say there. My attempt at "throwing stones" was calling out HaM and others for cheating. You don't see me cruising around these forums accusing people of using nodelay, RCX, client mods, etc because of the fact that almost everybody did. The only reason I provided that screenshot of Con erroring out on Ai Toki with the zoom hack was because of the fact that it gave a timestamp when the packet injection error occured. The zoom hack would have been brought up on its own, so I decided to offer tha up from the start.

I know that this post was made in an attempt to make us look illegit as all hell as a result of the fact that I had to bring an issue public because I wasn't getting the response or attention I desired from the GMs. I'll live with the consequences and all future false "illegit" claims against my guild.

The situation with sgn and Afrikan would have been different if people didn't match them. If they observed the client modifications, reported them, and let the GMs deal with it, then their history would be a lot different. I'm gonna go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt, however; modified RCX, corrupt GRF for the barricades. We've all gone through missing sprite errors when you walk through town. The concern isn't if your GRF will become corrupt, it's when.

But accusations about client modding and all of this is just the pot calling the kettle black. I'll be the more mature one here and only report things that matter.

I've been approached by people in a ton of guilds asking if I'm willing to sell Bryns for $. I've declined them all, however, in that I'm not all about that. If this can of worms needs to be opened, however, I can assure you that at least one person in every guild that reads these forums has at least inquired. So tread cautiously.

EDIT: @ Haseo. Leave the trolling to the professionals, please, and just eat some more burritos. Afrikan and I have different IPs. He has a history playing RO. Not..."I let my gf play when I got banned". Think before you type. And...I've played my genetic every single renewal WoE. Could I play them both and FRAPS on the recaller? -queue up gay korean music- Ja na~ :D

Edited by Lambor, 07 June 2011 - 07:56 AM.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

Nobody in Val asked! We don't have sets, we have our own bryn (thx to our alliance) and most of them are poor as hell irl!
Likewise, nobody I played alongside used nodelay. I'd report them in my own guild :>

the defence that "everyone uses it" is weak.

My GRF has never become "corrupt" in the way you say, I ran the same iRO install folder from open beta till renewal and I rarely, if ever errored out.

Regardless, defending obvious GRF editting is just defending the step that comes before nodelay.... if its ok to do that, then who knows what else people will do? So much illegit crap can be done by modifying the client, where is the line drawn? How do you know how much else he has modified?

You obviously don't know the history, but sgn were reported, frapsed, reported, Heim was messaged as it went on.

You're kinda killing your own credibility my making weak excuses. Corrupted GRF for shortened barricades? Really? RCX for minimap when everyone that reads wiki pretty much knows that it doesn't work like that? Don't you think the GMs would have taken your god item cheat reports more seriously if you were at least acting credible when it comes to speaking of cheaters rather than making weak excuses?

Yeah, you're probably gonna attack me in WoE for pointing this out. I'm quaking in my Sleipnirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users