Where are all the WoE guilds?!?! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Where are all the WoE guilds?!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
320 replies to this topic

#26 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Trust me, I agree.

But why do you think we all had to put together such a dysfunctional alliance in the first place?

It eventually crumbled because it was just that... Dysfunctional.

#27 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

THREE KAWAII FRIENDS

comming soon to a castle near you!

#28 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

You wanna know where all the WoE population is at? They're all either in Valk/Smokies/Unbound or Jinx/Remake. By far the most of the WoE population are in Jinx and Unbound. Have you seen the recalls either of these two guilds have pulled off?

Funny enough, before we allied Unbound when it was Valk+Smokies against the Jinx/Disso alliance literally had 3 times our numbers. I'll most likely see if we can unally Unbound just to get back as being a smaller sized guild (seriously, we only average about 15 people showing up for seige not including smokies).

It's not like there's a shortage of medium sized guilds out there. Without Unbound, Valk&Smokies are both two medium sized guilds at best, I don't see why Infinity doesn't ally up with a NWO again and pickup a couple other allies to come hit us again. You guys have the numbers and you're not exactly low level.

What's left of the smaller guilds are constantly being sucked up by these larger guilds. It's pretty much a bandwagon effect. Everyone wanting to join the big guild/alliance with the better supplies and larger numbers. I'm quite surprised you didn't come up with this answer by yourself by now. :mellow:

To be totally honest Valk hasn't really been taking many new people into the guild. If anything we've gotten smaller with all the people going AWOL. But you're right most people have been jumping on the band wagon, but it sure isn't Valk or Smokies they're joining.

#29 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

THREE KAWAII FRIENDS

comming soon to a castle near you!

<3 you guys, but how come there's more than 3 Kawaii Friends in that guild? Or are there really just 3 and a bunch of unkawaii others??

#30 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Funny enough, before we allied Unbound when it was Valk+Smokies against the Jinx/Disso alliance literally had 3 times our numbers. I'll most likely see if we can unally Unbound just to get back as being a smaller sized guild (seriously, we only average about 15 people showing up for seige not including smokies).

It's not like there's a shortage of medium sized guilds out there. Without Unbound, Valk&Smokies are both two medium sized guilds at best, I don't see why Infinity doesn't ally up with a NWO again and pickup a couple other allies to come hit us again. You guys have the numbers and you're not exactly low level.

To be totally honest Valk hasn't really been taking many new people into the guild. If anything we've gotten smaller with all the people going AWOL. But you're right most people have been jumping on the band wagon, but it sure isn't Valk or Smokies they're joining.

I kept Infinity busy by myself for a good five minutes before I got WIed.

When everyone was there we might have outnumbered you 2 to 1 at best. But now that alliance is gone, and once again you outnumber us. With Unbound you GREATLY outnumber us.

Also, two medium sized guilds with 30 WoE 1.0 God Items. xD

I was also under the impression you guys were taking all of the veterans from Ymir that were coming over? :mellow:

#31 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Sadly most ppl quit WOE for reasons, if theres still good reason to WOE and its fun I am sure the population will be up again...

#32 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

Woe = boring status affect marathon of the 150's. That's why it's fail sauce.

Alliances will bark from here until the end of iRO about attendance and god items as to why they lost or won, but if it's not fun to the majority it will fail regardless. The majority of the gamers that play RO have NEVER BEEN MAX LEVEL RANGE. Even prerenewal everyone knew this.

Anyone could join woe and contribute at 80+. Now, if you aren't 140+ don't even waste your time. Woe has become an end game exclusive content now. It makes it very uninviting to new players that may want to try it out. Between status affects with HUGE durations and OHKO skills around every corner it's just unappealing.

There is very little learning curve to the woe environment. Learning through getting pounded by 150's stacked with god items isn't the way to go.

Valk alliance has long since cried of wanting competition but the things they do seem to indicate otherwise. Their alliances have rofl stomped the server since the departure of Illegit and they kept it that way to amass a slew of god items and then cry for competition. In essence it's like placing a cannon larger than a doorway on one side with it rigged to fire when the door opens and challenge anyone to come through it naked and survive.

Suggestion: If the GM's really want to begin a renewal to woe, remove the stupid level difference resistance formula for a month and see how thing's go. There was enough benefit to being max level prerenewal as it was, there was no need for the added bonus level difference system that only made it imba.

P.S.- Ales didn't help the woe situation AT ALL! lol perma ale spam = most 150's will never die.

Edited by LordVader, 26 June 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#33 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

Want more interesting WoE? Make two guilds and fight yourself. Usually solves the problem.

There is a leveling event going, people are leveling to stand a better chance instead.

#34 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

the top ebayers of the server should never be on the same alliance

#35 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

Suggestion: If the GM's really want to begin a renewal to woe, remove the stupid level difference resistance formula for a month and see how thing's go. There was enough benefit to being max level prerenewal as it was, there was no need for the added bonus level difference system that only made it imba.

Level up, there has been tons of event so you can level.

#36 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Level up, there has been tons of event so you can level.

This isn't about my personal level, because I do just fine in woe. This is about majority of woers as a whole and the general RO population when concerning Valk.

#37 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

I think us guys in the smaller guilds have more fun. For me at least its kind of crazy fighting with guilds as elite as valk or smokies. Most of the people in those guilds are just not normal ragnarok players. I have spent a good bit of time getting good gear but the stuff I own is nothing compared to what they use. I agree that they are not going to get a good fight unless they break their alliances.

They could break the smokies/valk alliance and recruit. People would love to join either guild. There are a lot of new 150's that are learning to play the game. They may not be as skilled but would love to learn. Quit being so elite and pick up some new people. Break your crazy alliances. We all know that smokies and valk run our server. If there was a poll set up on this site the two top guilds would likely be smokies and valk lol. Valk can pretty much own a whole region during woe. They don't get a fight because most people just leave the castle when they come in.

Its probably not going to happen though. It will be this way until ragnarok ends. If it don't make zeny it don't make sense. Those guilds are making mass amounts of god items. Why would valk or smokies break the alliance when they can make the most valuable items in the game with relative ease. What is good competition worth when it hurts the zeny you can make.

#38 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Unbound was just overkill on your part. Hence why I specifically said a majority of the players are in Unbound/Jinx. I didn't specifically mention Valk/Smokies along those lines. Merely talked about the majority of the WoE players in both alliance. Though my information is outdated. Seems Jinx is no longer allied if what Ralis says is true.

And we are allied with NWO. Odyssey's been helping Infinity out a few times though. And no, it's a misconception to think my guild doesn't have a low average level. ~_~ We have a total of 6 players around lv120, with only a single player at lv143. Absolutely no reason to challenge the big guilds anytime soon.

#39 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

can we merged woe? valk vs ymir?

#40 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

can we merged woe? valk vs ymir?

nope cause they play with different stuff. Most importantly that GTB card which valk isnt allowed to have. Hell we just got creamy cards allowed with renwal...wait not even renwal it was f2p i believe

#41 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

This is the part of the show where Valk acts delusional as always. Pretending like 100 homeless guys in cardboard box hats and aluminum foil shoes can successfully kill 5 marines on top of snipe towers.

#42 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

Just something a little neat to look at from some old kRO patch notes.

Thanatos server receives a 20% experience event for winning the 2011 1st server battle.

Thanatos server 20% experience event has started as a reward for winning the second 2011 Server vs Server battle.

Baphomet server receives 20% bonus experience for winning the 3rd 2011 server vs server battle.

Thanatos server gains an additional 20% bonus for winning the 4th 2011 cross server siege.

Cool event corp employees appear on Baphomet and Thanatos servers to give out rewards for the Server vs Server Siege participants who have Great War Victory Tokens.

#43 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

I am totally game for attacking yall any time but no one in my guild really wants to play with you. I had a blast on 6/21 when i was noobin it up goin into your valf 4 fort just shadow forming. If i had an alice shield that would of been so much more fun hehe. But yeah its not like yall are invincible just tougher than the rest is all. If you have players that know what theyre doing then a player with god items and mvp cards can easily be taken down. All you need is a decent divest and most of the gears that make a big difference in woe wont matter since they cant put em on, unless they b wing like i see so often...Anyways if i can talk em into ill totally come at yall on tuesday :mellow:

#44 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

Unbound was just overkill on your part. Hence why I specifically said a majority of the players are in Unbound/Jinx. I didn't specifically mention Valk/Smokies along those lines. Merely talked about the majority of the WoE players in both alliance. Though my information is outdated. Seems Jinx is no longer allied if what Ralis says is true.

Unbound was not overkill when we initially allied them a few weeks back when we were up against the Jinx/Remake/Odyssey alliance. It was needed just to get our numbers remotely close just for us to have a chance. Although I do agree that currently it is overkill if the Remake is dead and Jinx disbanded their alliance. Your guild could always ally Jinx and get your members more exposure against us.

They could break the smokies/valk alliance and recruit. People would love to join either guild. There are a lot of new 150's that are learning to play the game. They may not be as skilled but would love to learn. Quit being so elite and pick up some new people. Break your crazy alliances. We all know that smokies and valk run our server. If there was a poll set up on this site the two top guilds would likely be smokies and valk lol. Valk can pretty much own a whole region during woe. They don't get a fight because most people just leave the castle when they come in.

Its probably not going to happen though. It will be this way until ragnarok ends. If it don't make zeny it don't make sense. Those guilds are making mass amounts of god items. Why would valk or smokies break the alliance when they can make the most valuable items in the game with relative ease. What is good competition worth when it hurts the zeny you can make.

While Smokies does not recruit, Valk has been recruiting since renewal and still welcome applications. The minimum level we are accepting in Valk is level 120 which is fairly low especially with all the events that are happening. During times when there's no one else to fight and we were stuck fighting against ourselves(like now), we might not accept applicants with a lot of experience as we do hope that they join opposing guilds. However if it's someone who is fairly fresh to the WoE scene, lacks the experience but are willing to learn and meet the minimums, we're not going to say GTFO unless the applicant has a bad attitude.

I joined Valk as a noob and still am (no one is going to disagree with that) and I can't be any better than any other PvM player who has never really taken part in WoE with a decent guild. Sine I joined, we haven't taken anyone else inexperienced, but that's largely due to the fact that we honestly don't get that many appications, NOT because we turn them down. Most of the inexperienced folks I try to get to join Valk either from VPG (the non-woe guild I've been running for quite some time) or some other people I know from other guilds always seem to think they're not good enough to even apply even though I know they meet the minimums.

It's interesting that people still think Valk/Smokies run the server because when Jinx still had their allies or when Rambo was still in full swing, there were weeks when Valk/Smokies didn't even get a castle.

As for making money off the god items, what makes you think we make loads of money off that? Our leaders have dipped into their own person zeny stash countless times to keep the guild going. It wasn't until recently when the seals rolled almost daily that we made woe 1 god items and initially when it began to roll, it wasn't really us that managed to get items made.

#45 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

This is the part of the show where Valk acts delusional as always. Pretending like 100 homeless guys in cardboard box hats and aluminum foil shoes can successfully kill 5 marines on top of snipe towers.

I'd say that's a bad analogy as you're putting down the smaller/medium sized guilds a lot by that. It would be 100 homeless guys in cardboard hats and aluminum foil shoes if we wanted the non-woe guilds to hit us. If anything it's more like 100 marines vs 5 slightly better geared experienced marines.

I am totally game for attacking yall any time but no one in my guild really wants to play with you. I had a blast on 6/21 when i was noobin it up goin into your valf 4 fort just shadow forming. If i had an alice shield that would of been so much more fun hehe. But yeah its not like yall are invincible just tougher than the rest is all. If you have players that know what theyre doing then a player with god items and mvp cards can easily be taken down. All you need is a decent divest and most of the gears that make a big difference in woe wont matter since they cant put em on, unless they b wing like i see so often...Anyways if i can talk em into ill totally come at yall on tuesday :mellow:

Looking forward to seeing you and your guild on Tuesday.

#46 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

I guess we should have some WOE "events" so we can encourage ppl to WOE again; like "No alliances, all guilds WOE for their own guild only and get a prize like what we did last time, the winner guild chooses what kind of stuffs we will be doin next event"... Yea, I am also personally getting bored w/WOE even I join small or big guilds, whats fun for me during WOE is seeing a lot of ppl pushing, fighting and do their best til they reach the emperium... So sad since a few months ago, Ive never been into "epic WOEs" coz of the low population... /e5

#47 Inception

Inception

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

don't worry the servers will merge again and all god items will be broken up so no guild has an advantage. then GMs will be able to sell more reset stones and to further milk their players! but before then can do that another 20% of players will quit for good.

#48 oKyo

oKyo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

If you want more action unally each other. Guess what Rambo did post-renewal when everyone quit? They unallied Valk and fought them, in that process we econ 2 1.0 forts at ease. Valk/Smokie doesn't own the server lol. A couple WOE 2.0 they couldn't even get into our emp. Everyone is bored fighting the same people/guild repeatedly. That's the reason the other alliance is dying. WHY ISN'T TEAM RAMBO INCLUDING IN ANY OF THESE POSTS. 5 RAMBO MEMBERS = 10 VALK or 20 SMOKIES.

#49 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

I definitely agree with this, associating level with status resistance turned woe into a 150 or gtfo game...

To sum up:

pre renewal: lvl to 96-97 = access to woe with only 20% of the total amount of time it takes to get to 99

post renewal: lvl to 145+ = access to woe with basically 90% of the total amount of time it takes to 150. Meaning it's basicaly a pvm game until you re 145+.

P.S.- Ales didn't help the woe situation AT ALL! lol perma ale spam = most 150's will never die.

I both agree and disagree with this. And this is why:

pre renewal it took 8-14 whites to fill up any class's hp, and most skills didnt 2 shot you.

post renewal it takes 30-40 whites to fill up most classes, and ALOT of skills 1-2 shot you. GreenAles were a solution, but spamming ales to survive is reserved to maybe 1% of the woe population... meaning most will die without the ability to recover hp.

A solution to this would be some kind of new potion that recovers 4-6k hp depending on your vit.

#50 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

5 RAMBO MEMBERS = 10 VALK or 20 SMOKIES.

no, there are 5 rambo players left on the server, who happen to be the 5 good ones in rambo. your comparison makes no sense. If my guild was down to the 5 best players and rambo had 30 people on, i could say 5 valk = 30rambo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users