7/5 Maintenance - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

7/5 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#101 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

What is it you all are hunting item wise?

Ahh, thanks for adding the 2x drop event. :lol:

#102 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

I appreciate what you guys do and have done.

That said,

I keep watching this post waiting for heim to update it and say

3x exp week!!!

Not a typo, grinding sucks I want to be lvl 150 and go mvp.

Within reason I think I'll see 2x. *keeps fingers crossed*

Thanks for your work heim et al!

You had 2 weeks to level. Shoulda made better use of your time. =\

Edited by sdsds, 05 July 2011 - 10:51 PM.

#103 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationKiel Khayr's Academy
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

so i take it your the one who spent a car note on boxes lol sad little girl i take it you dont have rlf oh i ment real life friends

Actually, I didn't spend a cent of real money on boxes and obtained no medals from the boxes I did get from crown turn-ins. Besides, 150 by medals is not very practical or cost efficient for MOST players. I don't know where you got that impression, hence why I found your post silly.

Also +1 for increased drops. Was also waiting for something like this, maybe I'll go hunting for an Incubus Card :>

#104 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Something for 70-150 that doesn't cost money, excellent. :lol:

23 hours is a bit harsh, but better than gambling to get in. This outta be fun lvling with guildies, at last.:angry:

#105 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

I appreciate what you guys do and have done.

That said,

I keep watching this post waiting for heim to update it and say

3x exp week!!!

Not a typo, grinding sucks I want to be lvl 150 and go mvp.

Within reason I think I'll see 2x. *keeps fingers crossed*

Thanks for your work heim et al!

You can mvp without being 150.

#106 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Actually, I didn't spend a cent of real money on boxes and obtained no medals from the boxes I did get from crown turn-ins. Besides, 150 by medals is not very practical or cost efficient for MOST players. I don't know where you got that impression, hence why I found your post silly.

Also +1 for increased drops. Was also waiting for something like this, maybe I'll go hunting for an Incubus Card :>

sorry i over herd tons of people in payon talkin about it so i dont know what server your on but i know a person whom went from 106 to 150 in 2 days from medals and another from 104 to 150 in 4 hrs

#107 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

Can we have a turn in for 140-150? Just to finish everyone off who were doing bio2 two weeks ago.

#108 Joggernaut

Joggernaut

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

hies i have to download the sakray server for play or what i have to do now? x.x.....

#109 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

I received a couple of PMs from people saying that we should put in a "reset Stone option" for bypassing the 23 hour delay..

Personally I as a player wouldn't use this option even if it were available, except maybe for really high leveled turnins, and additionally I don't want players getting the impression that these quests are designed specifically for monetary reasons. At the most I hope players utilize the VIP to get the increased reward and BM if they want to kick it up a notch.

With my reasons stated for not building it in at the start, I would like to ask what do you all think? Would it be an option that no one would use, or would ability to bypass the quest delay be something you wish was an option? For the 70-95 Alarm turnin, the default exp would be 1.1M total, add in VIP would bring that to 1.7M and added to whatever BM you think would want to use.

#110 XKuraiNekoX

XKuraiNekoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

sorry i over herd tons of people in payon talkin about it so i dont know what server your on but i know a person whom went from 106 to 150 in 2 days from medals and another from 104 to 150 in 4 hrs

I agree, cause people in payon kept bugging me about not going to go "sell gears to buy hats to trade for medals" the most retarded thing i have ever heard. I was 61% at the time at 149.. So when i did 150 with out God Items people was like wtf, why not just use medals. I can name 4 people off the bat in payon who didnt 150 the hard way like i did. One who 145-150, 107-140, and another who 135-150 and some others. I dont know where you hang out Mr. No one uses medals like that, but Majinakakillakam is right about the over use of 2k medals.

Oh well, its over now, happy about the drop event. Be interesting, now for something to do for the week we have nothing to do. :3 Hunting time!!

Edited by XKuraiNekoX, 05 July 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#111 CrescentKitty

CrescentKitty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

How about KVM medals :lol: im tired to make Glorious items!

#112 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

How about KVM medals :lol: im tired to make Glorious items!

and this is why kvm does not happen because of this statement right here!

#113 XKuraiNekoX

XKuraiNekoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

I received a couple of PMs from people saying that we should put in a "reset Stone option" for bypassing the 23 hour delay..

Personally I as a player wouldn't use this option even if it were available, except maybe for really high leveled turnins, and additionally I don't want players getting the impression that these quests are designed specifically for monetary reasons. At the most I hope players utilize the VIP to get the increased reward and BM if they want to kick it up a notch.

With my reasons stated for not building it in at the start, I would like to ask what do you all think? Would it be an option that no one would use, or would ability to bypass the quest delay be something you wish was an option? For the 70-95 Alarm turnin, the default exp would be 1.1M total, add in VIP would bring that to 1.7M and added to whatever BM you think would want to use.

No please no, dont make people feel forced to buy their exp just so they can level a lot. This makes me sad.

#114 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

Oh, I don't doubt some people have gone to 150 from medals alone, just saying that it's pretty far fetched for most. Even if you're sitting on billions of zeny, it's a huge waste simply to max out one character.

Not even going to think about how many boxes would have to be opened to obtain enough medals to go from 99-150. Good lord.

#115 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

I would have to agree with Heim here. I'd rather not have people feel like they can buy their way to higher lvls nor the price on reset stones go up again in ymir. They are high enuff because of the constant spam of the seals.

Although, I do believe that the 23 hr cool down is a little harsh, maybe something like 10 hrs like the MVP summoner is?

Edited by Nova, 05 July 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#116 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

If you're even considering putting the reset stone option in, don't bother making the turn in have a cool-down straight up.

Also 140-150 turn in this week please.

#117 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

I don't like the idea.
Now that I see 1.7m is the reward, maybe it's not too bad.

If you're even considering putting the reset stone option in, don't bother making the turn in have a cool-down straight up.

^ This

Edited by SirDillhole, 05 July 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#118 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

yea didnt mean to come off harsh but thats all people were saying go by boxes go get medals like darn i cant party abs cause they 150 from medals and seal quest number 2

#119 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

Oh, I don't doubt some people have gone to 150 from medals alone, just saying that it's pretty far fetched for most. Even if you're sitting on billions of zeny, it's a huge waste simply to max out one character.

Not even going to think about how many boxes would have to be opened to obtain enough medals to go from 99-150. Good lord.

Reading your posts is like smoking bammer weed..

It gives me a headache..

#120 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

I think the first thing in order would be too make an event that everybody can enjoy.
1)That leveling doesn't get hard till 3rd class
2)Most of the server is around 105-125
3)It would make people happy

Edited by Minchi, 05 July 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#121 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Reading your posts is like smoking bammer weed..

It gives me a headache..

Meh, it's a maintenance post. Headache inducing posts are almost a requirement here, amirite? :lol:

#122 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

The only issue here is the repeatability.
You can only get 70-90 with this if you use manuals.
But more important, it doesn't create parties as much as repeatable ones do. Unless you plan to go party it with someone else from 0, well you could ask anyone you see if you can join them, but since they're somewhere in the middle, you won't party with them for the whole turn in.

Btw like mentioned in some random thread earlier,
could hairstyle and cloth dye coupons be made tradeable?

Edited by Charon, 05 July 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#123 Drewcifer

Drewcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationAugusta Ga
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

So as far as re-implementing the the turnin npcs to finish the quest how bout putting an npc in to turn in the old exp quest hell i still have loli ruri, ice titan, and some others hell I have goats left to turn hahaha been ages would love to get those quest of my quest list without just deleting them.

#124 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

VIPs, as VIPs, perhaps should have half the cooldown.

#125 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

Can we also get some kind of recycler for these kvm medals? Please???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users