7/5 Maintenance - Page 6 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

7/5 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#126 XKuraiNekoX

XKuraiNekoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

The only issue here is the repeatability.
You can only get 70-90 with this if you use manuals.
But more important, it doesn't create parties as much as repeatable ones do. Unless you plan to go party it with someone else from 0, well you could ask anyone you see if you can join them, but since they're somewhere in the middle, you won't party with them for the whole turn in.

Btw like mentioned in some random thread earlier,
could hairstyle and cloth dye coupons be made tradeable?

Thats what im thinking too.... it seems like first its TI's and its all party hard, then get rid of those to make better party exp.. and no big ti parties, now we cant even test the party system out fully cause of the cut off between levels with these Ti's. Seems like this only helps if you drop your main for awhile and start from 0 just to be apart of this.

OHH cloth dye coupons would be really nice to trade.

#127 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

I received a couple of PMs from people saying that we should put in a "reset Stone option" for bypassing the 23 hour delay..

Personally I as a player wouldn't use this option even if it were available, except maybe for really high leveled turnins, and additionally I don't want players getting the impression that these quests are designed specifically for monetary reasons. At the most I hope players utilize the VIP to get the increased reward and BM if they want to kick it up a notch.

With my reasons stated for not building it in at the start, I would like to ask what do you all think? Would it be an option that no one would use, or would ability to bypass the quest delay be something you wish was an option? For the 70-95 Alarm turnin, the default exp would be 1.1M total, add in VIP would bring that to 1.7M and added to whatever BM you think would want to use.

B> Reset stones to bypass TI restriction. Anyone claiming to be on their high horse and say they would rather grind 23 hr delay instead of over and over is a liar. There I said it... 10 hrs on summoner without 123123324532452354546754213453456345634 rooms (or just 8 might be ok actually) isnt vip. its bull-_-

#128 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

VIPs, as VIPs, perhaps should have half the cooldown.

VIP means Veriiii Important pearsonan. Not kind of like valk before renewal important pearsoan. VIP should be leagues above free players on ALL servers. Enough to make them want to spend the $7 a month to be VIP to level/get extra drops/participate in events. Champagne isnt designed for the masses, but for the :lol: elite, ok?

#129 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

So as far as re-implementing the the turnin npcs to finish the quest how bout putting an npc in to turn in the old exp quest hell i still have loli ruri, ice titan, and some others hell I have goats left to turn hahaha been ages would love to get those quest of my quest list without just deleting them.

I still have goats, Alligators, and Lolis too...
Ah, the fun times of Pre-Renewal xD

#130 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

So as far as re-implementing the the turnin npcs to finish the quest how bout putting an npc in to turn in the old exp quest hell i still have loli ruri, ice titan, and some others hell I have goats left to turn hahaha been ages would love to get those quest of my quest list without just deleting them.

+100000000000000000 to this. let all turn ins ppl have in quest logs count 1 more time

#131 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

B> Reset stones to bypass TI restriction. Anyone claiming to be on their high horse and say they would rather grind 23 hr delay instead of over and over is a liar. There I said it... 10 hrs on summoner without 123123324532452354546754213453456345634 rooms (or just 8 might be ok actually) isnt vip. its bull-_-

I dont think they are on a "high horse" its just not what the server wants. For one, I WOULD rather grind for that 23 hr period than think "oh hey, i can go drop $10 or 30m and hit lvl 90 in a few hrs" Its much easier to get to 99 non-trans than a weeks worth of daily ti's. i made a champ from scratch in one day w/o god items or expensive gears, no ti nor manuals used/required. (not trying to brag, jus saying its possible)

#132 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

VIP means Veriiii Important pearsonan. Not kind of like valk before renewal important pearsoan. VIP should be leagues above free players on ALL servers. Enough to make them want to spend the $7 a month to be VIP to level/get extra drops/participate in events. Champagne isnt designed for the masses, but for the :lol: elite, ok?

I don't get what you mean.

#133 DuranMatthews

DuranMatthews

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

Heim, I went to AX but it was Day 3, Can I still get a Toucan Hat through here? D:

#134 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

I received a couple of PMs from people saying that we should put in a "reset Stone option" for bypassing the 23 hour delay..

Personally I as a player wouldn't use this option even if it were available, except maybe for really high leveled turnins, and additionally I don't want players getting the impression that these quests are designed specifically for monetary reasons. At the most I hope players utilize the VIP to get the increased reward and BM if they want to kick it up a notch.

With my reasons stated for not building it in at the start, I would like to ask what do you all think? Would it be an option that no one would use, or would ability to bypass the quest delay be something you wish was an option? For the 70-95 Alarm turnin, the default exp would be 1.1M total, add in VIP would bring that to 1.7M and added to whatever BM you think would want to use.

My opinion...

The good:
-Increased reset stone function ; Additional/desirable method of $$ -> in-game item that short changes RMT bot companies (since root of all reset stones are via KP)
-Gives an option to the hardcore players who would play/pay more.

The bad:

-People will figure out the most efficient means (turn-in) of exp/hr and have temptation to keep replaying it, like a song that eventually becomes boring or even annoying to hear (due to frequent repetition).

Suggestion:

Reset stone consumption allows bypass of base 23 hour delay for obtaining new kill-count quests, but quest exp redemption cannot occur more frequently than once per 23 hours. A history of accrued kill-count sets is maintained.

This would allow the option to do "more" in a single gaming session, with some disincentive for doing too much. It would also provide a small additional means for consistent revenue increase (if turn-ins become a permanent game feature).

#135 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

+1 on Heim and Stuff u did a great Job this why i changed from Fro to Iro

And this is why I didn't even considered playing on fRO and went streight to iRO after the close :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't have anything against it. But I would set the restrictions lower overall.
Don't make a 23h circle, or 10h circle. That would reason the players to starring at their watch and form their life around the game, if they want to do as much TI as possible.
Instead, make a limitation within 24h for the Server.
What I mean is, allow... ViP to do the quest ~3-4 times each day, non ViPs 1-2 times a day (unless they use a reset stone and put it to ViP niveau). Every day at 12pm server time, this counting get's reset.
This would allow all players to take their time leveling whenever they want without forcing them to start making sheduels. Also, making 2-3 TI in a row often may feel more confortable than doing one, than returning after 10h....

#136 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

another week of double exp would be really nice
considering my internet stopped working last wednesday, and is still broken now >.>

#137 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

If possible, I'd like a way for non-VIPs to combine all exp into base or job... like in the past with headgears and such. Maybe allow the +7 Yggdrasil Crown (or just a regular Ygg Crown would make it better for everyone) to continue to have the function for combining turn in exp? :lol:

#138 XKuraiNekoX

XKuraiNekoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

If possible, I'd like a way for non-VIPs to combine all exp into base or job... like in the past with headgears and such. Maybe allow the +7 Yggdrasil Crown (or just a regular Ygg Crown would make it better for everyone) to continue to have the function for combining turn in exp? :lol:

Now i have nothing against non vip players, more power to ya. However, that does mess up the people who are paying for there account because they should get better than the non vips. Other wise it would be a rip off for us who pay. :angry:

#139 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

either your doing it wrong, or your on a class that cant get there fast enough. can do 3/4 on midgard with a HE, more likely for 3x. needless to say, non-trans job exp meh, for trans tho... valuable

whats this midgard thing your talking about?

#140 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationKiel Khayr's Academy
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

Can we also get some kind of recycler for these kvm medals? Please???

Yesss. I've had a bunch sitting around since December from events. Regret not throwing them into my cart fast enough. :lol:

#141 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

So, can we extend the exp too? :lol: need to go out with a bang for this final week!!

#142 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

I dont think reset stones have a place in temp events like this, VIP and manuals should be sufficient for "external" boosts to ingame stuff. If people look at what they're using (kafra items, stones, manuals) and realise they're paying $5/hour or something to level, they may very well stop entirely.

The 23 hr cooldown on alarms is fine because it only takes a few turnins total to close that gap. Its good to see an old school map revisited as well :lol:

#143 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

I kind of get why they aren't extending the exp event. Probably putting a lot of strain on the servers ( go to stapo's you see 30 people on the map , go to mags you see 50+ bots on the map ) This double drop event in combination with the restricted turn ins will help put less strain on the servers. That being said they really should offer something huge as a " going out with a bang ". I would love for them to put in a 90-110 repeatable turn in and a 130-145 repeatable turn in but >.> they won't.

#144 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

I kind of get why they aren't extending the exp event. Probably putting a lot of strain on the servers ( go to stapo's you see 30 people on the map , go to mags you see 50+ bots on the map ) This double drop event in combination with the restricted turn ins will help put less strain on the servers. That being said they really should offer something huge as a " going out with a bang ". I would love for them to put in a 90-110 repeatable turn in and a 130-145 repeatable turn in but >.> they won't.

Makes sense, and i like those lvl ranges. Makes sure u really learn how to play your class and that u have to work specifically for those mid range and then kinda get on you feet with the upper mid and grind your heart out for your final few lvls. +1 to you :lol:

#145 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Well, I can only repeat myself.
I dislike this Maint and honestly this Years Anny Quest was more like an improvised think to me.
I would have loved for example an Kafra Discount, Quests incoming every week with new Headgears to get and Turn ins over the 4 weeks (!). THAT would have been an Anny I liked, not the bugged and highly abused Anny Quest, the Turn Ins wich has been taken out earlier as promised for an ,,Party System" (This reason still lacks, sorry!).

The new Turn ins, added this week and the following weeks are great, honestly. But sorry, 24H delay? COME ON! Why?

Well, enough QQing, as I said earlier. If I dont like an weekly Maintenance I will just not play RO and therefore I wont spend KafraPoints. I am sure other Games such as WoW/ Aion/ Florensia and whatever else are also happy to see me back.

See you next week!

Edit: Please dont get me wrong, I am not QQing and trying to get what I want by threating with Quit. All I am saying is that I am consequent with what I said. I wish more people would think the way I am and stop QQing and take action. Its easy. Dont Like what an weekly Maint brings in: Dont play RO. You dont like RO the way its turning anymore: stop getting Kafra Points.

Edited by Juno, 06 July 2011 - 01:31 AM.

#146 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

Now i have nothing against non vip players, more power to ya. However, that does mess up the people who are paying for there account because they should get better than the non vips. Other wise it would be a rip off for us who pay. :angry:

Some things are better left blowing with the wind, i wise chief once Chanted. Forgive me :lol:

#147 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

what happen with the Turn in quests they doesnt work

#148 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

How about KVM medals :lol: im tired to make Glorious items!

Not everyone is supposed to have KvM items. Only the rich and the people who are willing to waste time for them are the only ones who should have them. =P

#149 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

I agree the once-per-day limit is going to make this quest not worth the time. Getting together a party and whatnot for *one* turn-in, why bother?

Why couldn't you do it solo?!?!

There are a LOT of classes that will be able to do these guys purely solo and I know as soon as my Stalker and others hit 73 (so they get full exp) will be at these guys right away. Most likely will do it solo as well or at most in a 2 or 3 party.

Also I think that the daily cool down will be better for me than most because of my large roster of characters.

Heim,

Is there anyway that we can get the Turn-in part of the experience able to be combined into base or job again please? My most frustrating moment in this game was hitting 99 on my Paladin only to have my Job level still back at a louzy 65. God the amount of BM's I had to splurge with during the exp event and the pure tediousness of hunting the same monsters because there was nowhere better really annoyed me.

I just did some calculations now using the irowiki site info on job exp. To get from Job level 65 to job level 70 takes a whopping 21,430,500 JOB EXP!!!!

This is about the same amount of Job exp it takes to get from Job level 1 - 59 as a Trans'd 2nd class OR more than the amount needed to get to Job level 12 as 3rd class!

This same amount of BASE experience it would take you to get all the way to Base Level 96 non-trans or 93 trans!!!

Most monsters roughly give the same amount of Base & Job within 10-15% or so. This is meant as a BROAD generalization which doesn't always apply. Mags are a great example of monsters that give a LOT more base than job 25k/19k, Roweens are another example in reverse 16.9k/19k. I think it's really bad when a level 95 & 110 Monster give the same amount of Job exp. This means Mags need to be BOOSTED not Row's lowered of course. Roweens Base : Job exp should be the standard for ALL monsters really.

All this just is meant to show you why we need to be able to combine the exp when trans'd. Pre-Trans after level 90 have the opposite problem of needing more Base exp but it is not so outbalanced.

[*]The Gear Recycler will allow you to collect prizes from it for Midgard Coins until the 12th, but no more items can be turned in.[

Is there any chance of getting cheaper options for rewards? I still have 150 coins that are now worthless as I didn't see the turn in part of this was stopping. really not sure why it is when quest is still active.

Or Make the Coins Tradeable then I can just sell them.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 06 July 2011 - 04:03 AM.

#150 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:27 AM

I don't get what you mean.

whats the difference between the vip room at the club and the normal bar/rope? then you will understand. leave RO for the evening and actually venture from your mothers basement and you will understand. said it before, VIP is a joke of a name, it should go back to "premium" and "free". thx for the negative votes droyd and the alt army

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users