7/5 Maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

7/5 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#151 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

Its time to tripple -3 Droyd again :wave: Thats my daily quest, not a Turn In :mwahaha:

Edit: Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day
:lol::(:angry::( Gotta wait another 24 again :dunno:

Edited by Juno, 06 July 2011 - 04:51 AM.

#152 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:58 AM

Because I leveled so much during the double EXP, I can't get back into Orc Village to turn in my turn ins. Maybe there should just me an NPC in Eden that turns them all in. Also are they ever going to implement the OLD repeatable exp quests. I have 150 Loli Rori's that I'm never going to get to turn in.

#153 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Mini propeller (and probably a bunch of other headgears) seem to have become account bound again. Unless they were never unbound on Valk...

#154 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

since this is stock market 101 thank you but your theory sucks 60 elu at 100k wont even sell and by the way plus 7 cod for sell and people are saying 90mil get this straight people mis value the wrong things aka prickly fruit !!! yea so you still wanna talk econ with me when everyone know econ in ymir sucks!

so majin, if your not selling your elu at 100k, why do you keep trying to sell it at 100k? why not knock the price down by 5k and try again?? or perhaps it's your location?? I don't know where you vend, or when you vend, but when it comes to Elu, the best time to sell it is just before WoE, the fact that your complaining about elu sales tells me that you're not following the market very well...

everyone knows that some items sell better at different times of the week... stock market 101, since you wanted to throw that juvenile line at me; also, if you're not happy with how the market is vending prices at, vend at what you think fair the market will follow YOU if you have the supply to keep it up... again stock market 101!!!

but since this is off topic, if you'd like to continue this unique form of QQ'ing feel free to private message me, I'll gladly teach you how to make money on IRO Ymir... since, YES the market sucks... however it is VERY easy to make money following the current market!!!

Edited by robbin068, 06 July 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#155 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

Why couldn't you do it solo?!?!

There are a LOT of classes that will be able to do these guys purely solo and I know as soon as my Stalker and others hit 73 (so they get full exp) will be at these guys right away. Most likely will do it solo as well or at most in a 2 or 3 party.

Also I think that the daily cool down will be better for me than most because of my large roster of characters.

Heim,

Is there anyway that we can get the Turn-in part of the experience able to be combined into base or job again please? My most frustrating moment in this game was hitting 99 on my Paladin only to have my Job level still back at a louzy 65. God the amount of BM's I had to splurge with during the exp event and the pure tediousness of hunting the same monsters because there was nowhere better really annoyed me.

I just did some calculations now using the irowiki site info on job exp. To get from Job level 65 to job level 70 takes a whopping 21,430,500 JOB EXP!!!!

This is about the same amount of Job exp it takes to get from Job level 1 - 59 as a Trans'd 2nd class OR more than the amount needed to get to Job level 12 as 3rd class!

This same amount of BASE experience it would take you to get all the way to Base Level 96 non-trans or 93 trans!!!

Most monsters roughly give the same amount of Base & Job within 10-15% or so. This is meant as a BROAD generalization which doesn't always apply. Mags are a great example of monsters that give a LOT more base than job 25k/19k, Roweens are another example in reverse 16.9k/19k. I think it's really bad when a level 95 & 110 Monster give the same amount of Job exp. This means Mags need to be BOOSTED not Row's lowered of course. Roweens Base : Job exp should be the standard for ALL monsters really.

All this just is meant to show you why we need to be able to combine the exp when trans'd. Pre-Trans after level 90 have the opposite problem of needing more Base exp but it is not so outbalanced.

Is there any chance of getting cheaper options for rewards? I still have 150 coins that are now worthless as I didn't see the turn in part of this was stopping. really not sure why it is when quest is still active.

Or Make the Coins Tradeable then I can just sell them.

It's because the base/job exp ratio of monsters above base level 90 was intentionally changed from from ~0.9 to ~1.3.
Meaning when you get to about 80/50, with the biggest amount of job exp still ahead of you, the job exp become slower on the good targets, while base is rising normally with monster level.
http://i29.photobuck...asejobratio.png

No clue what the point of it was though.

Edited by Charon, 06 July 2011 - 05:57 AM.

#156 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

It's because the base/job exp ratio of monsters above base level 90 was intentionally changed from from ~0.9 to ~1.3.
Meaning when you get to about 80/50, with the biggest amount of job exp still ahead of you, the job exp become slower on the good targets, while base is rising normally with monster level.
http://i29.photobuck...asejobratio.png

No clue what the point of it was though.

I agree the job exp has been taxed pretty bad, with some of the amazing job exp places we used to have being nerfed... but the easy solution to this is if your in a guild, simply get yourself taxed at 15% and that will even out the growth so your not sitting at 99 for a while waiting for job 70.. I haven't done the math, but I think that should be pretty accurate

#157 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

+1 on Heim and Stuff u did a great Job this why i changed from Fro to Iro

I played on fRO for a bit when taking a break from iRO, but after the last development there I have no longer any desire to play on it.
Last weekend I was at Japan Expo in Paris and I had the chance to talk with a few fRO players that visited our booth; several of them were unhappy about how their server was going and I suggested them to give iRO a try, since I reckon iRO to have much improved in the last times.

#158 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

I agree the job exp has been taxed pretty bad, with some of the amazing job exp places we used to have being nerfed... but the easy solution to this is if your in a guild, simply get yourself taxed at 15% and that will even out the growth so your not sitting at 99 for a while waiting for job 70.. I haven't done the math, but I think that should be pretty accurate

I don't join Guilds as there is nothing in it for me usually. Also not sure how the tax works fully. Is it only on BASE exp and not Job? If so and any guilds want to pay me for exp I would be happy todo that otherwise again no gain for me at all.

#159 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

I don't join Guilds as there is nothing in it for me usually. Also not sure how the tax works fully. Is it only on BASE exp and not Job? If so and any guilds want to pay me for exp I would be happy todo that otherwise again no gain for me at all.

well if you find a nice Non WoE guild it would be a place to find random parties as well as meet new friends... also the tax is only on base exp, not job, so the 15% tax would slow down your base exp gain just enough to even out the job exp growth... not sure if any guild would pay you for exp, but if you can find one that's awesome :lol:

Edited by robbin068, 06 July 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#160 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Mmm~~~~~ Now I can actually compete the bots~ :lol:

Ooh~ I want gears I want gears~~~~

Well. If we had a way to get exp from loot [like maneaters] found in un-bottable places [Rachel (?), Nameless, Thanatos, Bio] it would be also nice. EXP value very low (Up to 0.1~0.5% for 100 items?) but complementing the killing of the monsters.

#161 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

Erm... why can't I do the Alarm quest on my 70 high Priest?

"Ey, Im givin a mission to adventurers who are 70-99.."
Like I'm totally not in that range.

#162 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

Getting the TI is pretty pretty fast and I like it. The only thing that makes me sadface is that it takes a whole day of waiting to get your reward :/ It's prolly better in a share party situation...

#163 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Getting the TI is pretty pretty fast and I like it. The only thing that makes me sadface is that it takes a whole day of waiting to get your reward :/ It's prolly better in a share party situation...

I am thinking that's what the CS team was thinking when they put this in :lol: all even share parties so that all members don't lose out on exp through the acctual party :angry:

#164 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

SO is anyone going to have access to 13.3 cotent next week or only those who are VIP?

#165 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Erm... why can't I do the Alarm quest on my 70 high Priest?

"Ey, Im givin a mission to adventurers who are 70-99.."
Like I'm totally not in that range.

Hm, looks like a wrong number in the quest scripting (it states the character has to be over level 71 or they will get the dialogue you have spotted...that's definitely not right. I'll report it up.

#166 Karisha2

Karisha2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

IS there still a maintaince?

#167 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Why couldn't you do it solo?!?!

There are a LOT of classes that will be able to do these guys purely solo and I know as soon as my Stalker and others hit 73 (so they get full exp) will be at these guys right away. Most likely will do it solo as well or at most in a 2 or 3 party.

Also I think that the daily cool down will be better for me than most because of my large roster of characters.

This is precisely the problem with the turnin. Turn ins highly encourage partying. This turn in however does not.

#168 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

iRO playerbase general:
Posted Image

#169 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

iRO playerbase general:
Posted Image

that's too funny :lol:

#170 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

is there anything good with the start of this new WoE Semester? I mean... isn't like always? boring w/o rewards for econ and such?

#171 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

They did mention that you get exp for the monsters as well, so the turn in is BONUS exp for stuff that you might be killing ANYWAYS.

Pesonally, I'd prefer these over the creatures that didn't give any exp, but gave more at the turn-in, and was quickly repetable. You can use an X3 while you're killing them and (if you're fast enough) still have that x3 for the turn-in.

I don't see a problem with this... I only have a problem with them not having lower level turn ins. Sure, there's overlook... but on the other hand, it's OVERLOOK which = SIX HOURS of tedium.

Also, as a ranked alchemist on Ygg, who doesn't do WoE, I would have preffered a bit more warning. Now I'm scrambling for ingredients to get my ranking points back up. Thank god I didn't get to third job yet, cause otherwise I wouldn't have made it... Bleh.

#172 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

Why only /alchemist had been reseted? Why not /blacksmith and /taekwon?

I don't want to say anything about alarms turnin. Not here.

(I just hope the exp is splitted like it happens on seal 2, or else it won't worth the turnin, and then it's better to kill the alarms without turnins)

Edited by asayuu, 06 July 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#173 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Why only /alchemist had been reseted? Why not /blacksmith and /taekwon?

I don't want to say anything about alarms turnin. Not here.

(I just hope the exp is splitted like it happens on seal 2, or else it won't worth the turnin, and then it's better to kill the alarms without turnins)

I know, right? Cause some alchemists can get 250,000 ranking points in a day, possibly? It still caters to people who have a lot of money, or a big guild where they can say "Go and get me this junk to get ranking". Us littler guild alchemists have to make do with scrounging it, and now I have to do it all over again...

#174 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

I know, right? Cause some alchemists can get 250,000 ranking points in a day, possibly? It still caters to people who have a lot of money, or a big guild where they can say "Go and get me this junk to get ranking". Us littler guild alchemists have to make do with scrounging it, and now I have to do it all over again...

I think you did not understood what I tried to say.

Why ONLY the alchemist ranking got reseted? This is someway unfair, you know.

The alchemist one is easily botted [I play Valkyrie D: ], the blacksmith is someway harder [but not impossible] to bot... But there is also the /taekwon rank. [Except Yggdrasil maybe] I doubt one of the actual taekwon rankers still play as a taekwon.

#175 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

I think you did not understood what I tried to say.

Why ONLY the alchemist ranking got reseted? This is someway unfair, you know.

The alchemist one is easily botted [I play Valkyrie D: ], the blacksmith is someway harder [but not impossible] to bot... But there is also the /taekwon rank. [Except Yggdrasil maybe] I doubt one of the actual taekwon rankers still play as a taekwon.

No, I didn't misunderstand.

I agree that it sucks that the others don't get reset, especially on ones like Valk or whatever. I was mentioning why I thought just them got reset. And also complaining that it's still kind of unfair in the first place. Maybe every six months, or something, instead?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users