The State of the Game - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

The State of the Game

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#76 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

I think the looks of the epic weapons are the least of our problems. Most of them like fine aside from the fact that some are unnecessarily huge.

Well thats the thing...they made them like that to try to impress people into thinking that the game was progressing. :)

Doesn't sound like you were fooled for 1 second either. :rofl:

#77 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

An example of what me and LadyPsyber are talking about

http://forums.roseon...posts=1&start=1

posted 4/29/2010
over a year ago

This was the last time any content was released on the main story quest, the one that the game is about? you know?
It ends on Luna, not even partially through luna, the last quest tells you the next bit will be on luna, so the story quest only goes through Junon
out of 4 planets, the story of why you're on ROSE and a visitor and what your story is about, it only covers 1 planet.

This is why we're flaming/trolling so hard.

Also I'm so miserably irritated, because the way i play ROSE is in spurts, quit for 6 months, play or 6 months. Normally it works great and there's some awesome new game content for me to go around and explore. However the last year has not unveiled anything new to me. no planet, no quest line, no new/reimplemented functions etc. merely the set up for a transformers battle and a bunch of sqwabling over a stupid drop table. [which btw, theres ALWAYS going to be something that's hard to come by, thats the point]

Edited by Feuer, 09 July 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#78 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

An example of what me and LadyPsyber are talking about

http://forums.roseon...posts=1&start=1

posted 4/29/2010
over a year ago

This was the last time any content was released on the main story quest, the one that the game is about? you know?
It ends on Luna, not even partially through luna, the last quest tells you the next bit will be on luna, so the story quest only goes through Junon
out of 4 planets, the story of why you're on ROSE and a visitor and what your story is about, it only covers 1 planet.

This is why we're flaming/trolling so hard.

Also I'm so miserably irritated, because the way i play ROSE is in spurts, quit for 6 months, play or 6 months. Normally it works great and there's some awesome new game content for me to go around and explore. However the last year has not unveiled anything new to me. no planet, no quest line, no new/reimplemented functions etc. merely the set up for a transformers battle and a bunch of sqwabling over a stupid drop table. [which btw, theres ALWAYS going to be something that's hard to come by, thats the point]

As my bf (ClivedeCutthroat) says..."The rose dev's need a kick in the junk".

#79 BlinkforFear

BlinkforFear

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Didnt gravity just redo the adventure plains?... or at least some of it? I am by no means taking gravitys side on this but they do seem to be making progress slowly... rather useless progress I must add.

My big problem right now is the Leveling/EXP. I can remember back in the beta when it took me 2 months to get a level 40 muse. Now it takes me 2 weeks of causal playing to get a level 160 cleric... though this may be because I was like 10 during the beta and I sucked, but regardless the leveling is broken.

The bottom line though is that gravity refuses help from the very people who keep rose alive. Many rose members have made items and a few have made monsters to be added into the game. Instead of using these models gravity continues to do its own thing. I mean I may be a little wanting/hard to please but is it too much to ask for a weapon verity, a map/atmosphere diversity, or monsters that arnt resized or recolored. As lady says instead of going off and changing what trigger has already done gravity needs to focus on new things that the community is addressing. (might I say that the new "friendlier adventure plains" looks rather ugly compared to how it was before... nice one gravity) The rose community has probably had dozens of threads such as this directly addressing what gravity should do with rose and yet they fail to make a better item verity, get a better drop system, increase level cap, make new worlds, and continue the story line in a timely manner.

Furthermore, I dont see what gravity is doing farting around messing with the item mall. I do realize that gravity needs to make money in order to stay afloat but the constant changing to the IM is laughable. The IM is practically useless, laking a high amount of items and very low verity. For god sake they have 10 of the same wings just different color. The only relevant cause for the IM is the skills that it has to offer which can be useful but in no way necessary being the only thing that I like, the IM is not OP.

#80 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

There is reason why my clan leader focus's on assisting noob; and It's not just because she likes helping people... It's not like I'm saying she has an evil hidden agenda; She likes to show that there are nice people in this community, and some people are here to help, and by supporting a noobie she is encouraging players to stay and actively play the game (although she might be a little oblivious to these facts, it's true)

By "assisting noobs" you mean to PK in DOD?
Both Orga and NWNG clans are pkers.
And even if she doesnt but her clannies do it while she ignore it, its the same.

#81 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

The thing I see here is, they've said it many times that "The development team is small, so things get done in a slow pace." Their profit from Item mall is definitely not small, and the truth is your so called Development team is not professional enough. We are all familiar with bugs after bugs, I cannot understand why you even need so many extended maintenance but all you got is a pile of buggy patch and need emergency maintenance.

And you are looking it short sighted, you development team trying hard to revamp the Adventure's plain just to make ppl that joined this game have a better impression, but the fact is your game is indeed suck. People that I met and become friends while I make new noob, 97% quit and only 3% actually get involved in ROSE online game. You scared everyone away with your insane Item mall - economy intervention. There is no way a new player can take this slowly and catch up with our veterans who have well planned vending networks already.

The truth is your game runs on an old and dumb game engine, there is no way you can renew the game engine. Instead of trying to get more and more people to join ROSE online, you guys should just suck up and please these veterans leftover, it is now the year of 2011, these horrible graphic video game is not demanding anymore. What I mean is not to add further contents since you don't even see people vend in Orlo, but just simply fix this horribly bugged game, some of the fixes are so simple but yet never happen. Is it so hard to add the set bonus to the rest of the armors?

You wasted whole month trying to make Adventure's plain look better (with fish swimming in mid-air) but you are risking of losing tons of players who get tired of these hardcore item mall updates. Now, you wasted another month to just add a turret to punish spawn campers. Instead of looking at how to fix the spawn campers, you should really take some time to understand why spawn camping occurs. The number of participants fluctuates a lot and we have to deal with it, but what I see is. You guys try to fix spawn camping by keep elevate the attacker's platform up and up and up. To tell you the truth, this is a 3rd person video game not a 1st person video game, people underneath is at a better geographic advantage than people above, because people are scared to come off the cliff, once you get off the roof, it's a no turn back.

Try harder not to piss off your dear Item mall customers too, your whole Lucky Spin idea was plain stupid, just sell the damn costume in a box already, easy enough. This game is rated 10+ only, people are not ready for gambling game like this.

And finally to the original post main theme: The state of the game.
My response is: Game is too old to compete with modern game, Item Mall-Economy intervention drives price up eventually crash, scammers arise people quit one after another, and what I believe is Triggersoft foresee the potential of ROSE online game is very limited due to the way the game is coded and sell it to Gravity, at the beginning it was so much spirit, but eventually they get tired of developing the game, and start asking for designs from Jrose and depend on files that already exist in ROSE, more color changes on astarot wing and put everything in a box to make everyone excited. And now, Gravity finally run out of ideas to put in more Item mall content that boost their sales, look at these Pogo/flow/transformers costumes. What are we? Private servers lol? I believe Gravity is stuck with ROSE online game title, no one wants to get hold of it due to the thing that I've mentioned. This game will just keep developing at this pace, weekly Item mall updates and real content (tiny) update every season, that's it. ROSE online is a money tree for Gravity now, they can't wait to betray ROSE to some other company if that's possible.

Whatever most wanted balance update, drop table fix, it will NEVER happen. :)

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 09 July 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#82 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

The truth is your game runs on an old and dumb game engine, there is no way you can renew the game engine. Instead of trying to get more and more people to join ROSE online, you guys should just suck up and please these veterans leftover, it is now the year of 2011, these horrible graphic video game is not demanding anymore. What I mean is not to add further contents since you don't even see people vend in Orlo, but just simply fix this horribly bugged game, some of the fixes are so simple but yet never happen. Is it so hard to add the set bonus to the rest of the armors?...

Im sorry but you are horribly mistaken, the ZnZin engine is far more complex and powerful then you think it is, the problem lays in the fact that ROSE and the developers don't utilize* this great engine. This engine not only supports dynamic lighting, but also particle effects and flight. Yes that's right Flying over maps its extremely feasable with the ZnZin engine, however this game does not utilize it.

And for the record adventure plains has been edited 2* times by gravity. The starting map from iRose/NaRose was actually Birth Island, in your character creation when you selected Birth Sign, it assigned you to a specific section of the island according to your birth sign. Birth Stone provided stat bonuses according to the gem stone. For example. If you made your character a Birth Stone of Garnet, your character would be created with less INT 12-13 and more DEX 15-17. So on and so forth.
The first Adventure plains Removed the Birth Island and replaced the Adventure plains map with the one where you spawned in the Circle Stones and ran around the corner to the Villiage [this update also added Stone Walkers and Clay Walkers to Adventure plains]. After that they Reverted back to the original Adventure plains [best decision for this] After so long they changed it to this new one we have [NOOOOOO, im a 6-7 year veteran and my only sentimental map WAS the original adventure plains and birth island [which i most likely will never see again]. So all in all there have been 3 adventure plain maps, edited 4 times, and 1 map removed prior to going to Adventure Plains. :) little more then you thought eh? But that is still 3 map edits that could have been put towards orlo / karkia

#83 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Im sorry but you are horribly mistaken, the ZnZin engine is far more complex and powerful then you think it is, the problem lays in the fact that ROSE and the developers don't utilize* this great engine. This engine not only supports dynamic lighting, but also particle effects and flight. Yes that's right Flying over maps its extremely feasable with the ZnZin engine, however this game does not utilize it.

And for the record adventure plains has been edited 2* times by gravity. The starting map from iRose/NaRose was actually Birth Island, in your character creation when you selected Birth Sign, it assigned you to a specific section of the island according to your birth sign. Birth Stone provided stat bonuses according to the gem stone. For example. If you made your character a Birth Stone of Garnet, your character would be created with less INT 12-13 and more DEX 15-17. So on and so forth.
The first Adventure plains Removed the Birth Island and replaced the Adventure plains map with the one where you spawned in the Circle Stones and ran around the corner to the Villiage [this update also added Stone Walkers and Clay Walkers to Adventure plains]. After that they Reverted back to the original Adventure plains [best decision for this] After so long they changed it to this new one we have [NOOOOOO, im a 6-7 year veteran and my only sentimental map WAS the original adventure plains and birth island [which i most likely will never see again]. So all in all there have been 3 adventure plain maps, edited 4 times, and 1 map removed prior to going to Adventure Plains. :) little more then you thought eh? But that is still 3 map edits that could have been put towards orlo / karkia

I'm astonished they don't do something to improve the overall experience for people. The game obviously is not running on a bleeding edge engine and has visibly fallen behind the competition but why wouldn't they do things to try and cut the distance between what is and what could be?

Editing Adv. Plains absolutely FLOORS me. Do they honestly beleive at this point that it's going to be taken advantage of by enough people that it makes sense to WASTE the time tinkering with it? There are literally THOUSANDS of paying customers waiting for new content and here they are blowing time pointlessly on an old map. I'm frigging outraged that this idiocy continues!

#84 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Lady, talk to Pick up and myself, we need to compose a thread from all of our experience, post it in one thread, and get the community behind it. It's going to be the only logical thing anyone can do and as I see it, you myself and pick up are the only pro-active free game content supporters who can feasibly make something enticing enough to get the Dev team to pay attention, and supporters to push for it.

#85 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Lady, talk to Pick up and myself, we need to compose a thread from all of our experience, post it in one thread, and get the community behind it. It's going to be the only logical thing anyone can do and as I see it, you myself and pick up are the only pro-active free game content supporters who can feasibly make something enticing enough to get the Dev team to pay attention, and supporters to push for it.

I would LOVE to see the examples of community contributions that were turned down that now look like they are much superior to new content. I missed the links...do you have them?

My problem with your comment is that I am not convinced that anything we say will make it into the game. I've not seen a single commitment by a member of the N.A.I.M Online development team that they are actively trying to work with us to make a kinder, more user friendly game. From what I understand, there are people willing to submit FREE content to the N.A.I.M Online team to help advance the game yet from what i'm seeing, their offers are being answered with *cricket cricket* silence. Is this true?

#86 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

WOW, what I wouldn't pay to speak to the level of management higher than the game managers who look at the overall numbers of what each game brings in to gravity. 2 minutes of informing how the developers have all but driven this game into the ground with their shortsightedness/inability to make customers happy.

I bet it's the high level management telling the developers to generate more revenue. Not the other way around. It's all about business and when the upper level management see's the decreased revenue (due to less players) I am sure they mandate that the developers come up with a way to increase revenue. Given that directive the most obvious place to start is the short-sided fix, adding more content to the item mall. Not the long term goal of bringing players back.

The ratio of item mall sales (M) per number of players (N), or M / N, is what matters. The ratio must either remain constant or increase*. So if N decreases M can be increased to compensate.

*A decrease would imply that more players have joined but the item mall revenue has not gone up or that the item mall sales have gone down.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 10 July 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#87 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

Dont you think that the only chance for ROSE to become the great game it supposed to be is if another company (that want to develop the game - like Triggersoft, and not just to make money) will buy the game's license?

And another thing Gravity has to understand, that make my say adove more right, is even if they want to make money, developing the game and not just the IM will just help that.

#88 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

I bet it's the high level management telling the developers to generate more revenue. Not the other way around. It's all about business and when the upper level management see's the decreased revenue (due to less players) I am sure they mandate that the developers come up with a way to increase revenue. Given that directive the most obvious place to start is the short-sided fix, adding more content to the item mall. Not the long term goal of bringing players back.

The ratio of item mall sales (M) per number of players (N), or M / N, is what matters. The ratio must either remain constant or increase*. So if N decreases M can be increased to compensate.

*A decrease would imply that more players have joined but the item mall revenue has not gone up or that the item mall sales have gone down.

Yes however, either side can compensate for the other in this event, its a teeter totter effect. And seeing as how IM support went up, leaving less game content, people left in respose to that.

And that's the problem, they didn't increase IM content to compensate for less players, They increased IM content and left out game content forcing players looking for such to leave.

And if you look at my numbers on my thread, around the time they had been adding IM content for around 6 months, they opened Draconis server, almost doubling the number of accounts. Their sales went sky rocketing im sure. Also, by combinging Ragnarok, ROSE, Requiem, Dragon Saga they had a HUGE marketing campaign simply by taking all of the communities from each, merging their accounts into 1 warp portal account and essentially connecting all of the communities.

ROSE is just to adopted child noone minds, I've seen alot of progress in Dragon Saga, some improvements in Requiem and Ragnarok is just insane on population.

#89 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

I know the devs watch these topics, but they are too chicken to actually reply. I swear to god if this next patch is more than 50% item mall, I will find a way to get everyone to boycott the item mall, it will be hard, but i have absolutely nothing else to do.

#90 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

I know the devs watch these topics, but they are too chicken to actually reply. I swear to god if this next patch is more than 50% item mall, I will find a way to get everyone to boycott the item mall, it will be hard, but i have absolutely nothing else to do.

Support Support Support ! But most likely will get deleted by mods, so it's gonna be a secret society :P!

#91 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

As long as people continue to buy IM stuff, you will not see anything worthwhile and lets be honest, why would they? If it were me, I have to admit to the same thing, I would rather dream up some junky IM content and sale it for real cash when there is nothing in it for me to add real content or fix bugs. I vote for naked march and IM boycott! (<----sarcasm)

#92 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

... Ragnarok, ROSE, Requiem, Dragon Saga they had a HUGE marketing campaign simply by taking all of the communities from each, merging their accounts into 1 warp portal account and essentially connecting all of the communities.

ROSE is just to adopted child noone minds, I've seen alot of progress in Dragon Saga, some improvements in Requiem and Ragnarok is just insane on population.

i have a bad feeling that Rose is not going to be around much longer. maybe it's just paranoia but idk, thats how i feel.

#93 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Didnt gravity just redo the adventure plains?... or at least some of it? I am by no means taking gravitys side on this but they do seem to be making progress slowly... rather useless progress I must add.

My big problem right now is the Leveling/EXP. I can remember back in the beta when it took me 2 months to get a level 40 muse. Now it takes me 2 weeks of causal playing to get a level 160 cleric... though this may be because I was like 10 during the beta and I sucked, but regardless the leveling is broken.

Months ago the Leveling/EXP as you say is low as hell. People where complaining and now they made it easier for you and me and here we go again people complaining all over again about EXP when they should be enjoying it.

#94 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

By "assisting noobs" you mean to PK in DOD?
Both Orga and NWNG clans are pkers.
And even if she doesnt but her clannies do it while she ignore it, its the same.

I've retired my cleric- My bourg has been in True clan for nearly a year now; I was talking about this clan lead.

Those 2 clans pk DoD (Org much less the NWNG, and both hardly ever) for a reason, what is this reason you may ask?

Prevoke war. This game can get boring, their idea of having a good time is having a giant war, witch sadly most clans back down from because of their shear numbers. Was just 2 days ago I was informed that SM was going to fight Org in JCF; They waited in JCF a good 20-30 minutes for this war; SM never came.

I've tried to get them to join UW and join opposing side- But they're several reasons why they won't- witch was said to me in private, and it will stay there.

Edited by CaNehDa, 11 July 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#95 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

thank you for more off topic crap Canehda.

@Twilight, there's a real threat of that actually, however someone will buy the client/rights. So even if Gravity let's their version die, ROSE will live on. have no fear of that.

#96 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Remember when the oblivion temple and the new uniques came out? Everyone was so excited. The devs have gone from thinking stuff like that is cool to thinking a ton of new item mall items are cool. Well they are hella not. I wish I could go back to when this game was cool, and super fun. The devs have gone from awesome to total doooooche money grubbers.

#97 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

I remember that, i was SOOOO excited to get my hands on the new uniques, and run around oblivion temple, and when i saw the Habarn and Arua NPC's there i grinned SOOOO much i almost got my face stuck

#98 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

Yeah. Oblivion Temple was like the last cool thing happened to the game. The OT Rooms back then were almost always busy.

Too bad... OT Rooms have been forgotten since then...

#99 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Yeah. Oblivion Temple was like the last cool thing happened to the game. The OT Rooms back then were almost always busy.

Too bad... OT Rooms have been forgotten since then...

sometime's it is pretty busy actually :P
there are just to less players in a big N.A.I.M world.

#100 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

thank you for more off topic crap Canehda.

Np :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users