7/12 Update Plans - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

7/12 Update Plans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#26 conras

conras

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hey Heim, quick question; how come you always leave gaps between the turn ins? Why not have 90-115, 115-130?

What's the point in having the 5 levels that you have to crap-level if you want to take full advantage of the event?

#27 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

Mmm~ Now I am curious... What do you Chasers use in your Reproduce slot? Why not putting Flying Kick on it if the skill is SO important as you say~?

#28 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

Exactly for that sole reason. You want to cripple one class to make the one you play better. I don't know if you have ever played a rogue class in WoE, but without flying kick, you're crippled.

I know bishops are kind of lackluster, but that's not the way to bring them on par.

preserve. oh and backslide. those work well.

Edited by BlackPotato, 08 July 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#29 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

And you're also changing neutral barrier to 7x7 aoe and no cooldown + disable outside of pvp/woe, right? Riight? :waddle: -_- Pls. Just for one week lets see how it goes.

being the squeeky wheel about neutral barrier is stupid. worse that heim might actually listen to you, as he decides to randomly select input from the community and implement it. mechanic is a worthless class, go make a genetic/sura/rg and then you cant complain. enough said.

Edited by BlackPotato, 08 July 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#30 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Could the TI be made to give rewards in more chunks?
Well really just the 70-95 one.
I just wasted more than half of the turn in on a 71 char :S

Exactly as said. Maybe put it in 3 equal parts? That way we just don't waste EXP when we use manuals.

#31 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:31 AM

Hey Heim, quick question; how come you always leave gaps between the turn ins? Why not have 90-115, 115-130?

What's the point in having the 5 levels that you have to crap-level if you want to take full advantage of the event?

^
@Heim
Kindly Answer This

#32 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

pile bunker [1]?

#33 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

HEIM PLEASE ANSWER THIS!

#34 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

Because the monsters they've chosen for the upper levels don't fall into the small 5 level window?

Alarms is 70 to 95, but you don't even get good experience until 73.

#35 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

not appreciating my posts being deleted every :waddle: time. being the squeeky wheel about neutral barrier is stupid. worse that heim might actually listen to you, as he decides to randomly select input from the community and implement it. mechanic is a worthless class, go make a genetic/sura/rg and then you cant complain. enough said.

then provide some reasons why it shouldn't be changed?

#36 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

Because it would be broken? A pneuma that blocks physical and ranged is a bit too good to be spammed.

#37 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

preserve. oh and backslide. those work well.

do you even bother to pay attention? the point he made was that clearance removes preserve even on a linked stalker/chaser. obviously in any other scenario preserve would keep a copied skill mr. obvious

#38 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

then provide some reasons why it shouldn't be changed?

provide some reasons it should be changed? your arguement is invalid.

#39 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

you know, I remember when people loved to grind, and loved to party with people to get better exp... it makes me very sad when people now rely on TI events to lvl a character because they either A: don't know where to lvl to get good exp for their class, or B: just too damn lazy to go out and do it.....

don't get me wrong, sometimes these are nice to get over a hump if you've done something wrong with your build, and need a little extra help getting those well needed stat points to make grinding easier...

/sadface :waddle:

Edited by robbin068, 08 July 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#40 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

you know, I remember when people loved to grind, and loved to party with people to get better exp... it makes me very sad when people now rely on TI events to lvl a character because they either A: don't know where to lvl to get good exp for their class, or B: just too damn lazy to go out and do it.....

Or C) they are victims of renewal in many of its different forms: penalized for fighting certain mobs, having to deal with playing boring botlike-repeating boredoom, are one of the classes without effective AoEs, are a support class...

I'm still living on prerenewal mind, sorry :waddle:

#41 jackpotjester

jackpotjester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

I've seen renewal and pre-renewal, and honestly, I've always thought Renewal was awesome. I'll never understand all you haters, lol.
On the topic of people who hate leveling:

The people who take leveling too seriously and just want to get it over with, just kinda ruin the game for themselves. When they're forced to grind on a single map longer than they want to, they get frustrated and quit.

No matter what class you play, at one point or another, leveling's gonna be a b#*@h, so you might as well enjoy it. XD

Edited by jackpotjester, 08 July 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#42 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

solo leveling was always faster than party, even pre renewal. The main reason is party is because i am a cheap ass and dont wanna spam whites and blues, so i will always party xDD

#43 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Or C) they are victims of renewal in many of its different forms: penalized for fighting certain mobs, having to deal with playing boring botlike-repeating boredoom, are one of the classes without effective AoEs, are a support class...

I'm still living on prerenewal mind, sorry :waddle:

No need to apologize, I'm still living on a pre-renewal mind as well, however, it's not all that hard to find a party where you want to lvl, even as a support class, the problem is this:

you get people that are more about getting exp then they are being sociable; thinking that just because you are in a party it's going to cost you exp...
in a sense this is right, especially if you are stuck with a person in your party (like I have a few times) that have only lvl'd their classes through TI events; for example do you remember when the Hugel event happened? I actually met people that didn't know where prontera was, or how they were to get to alde, and once when asking a priest for a warp to geffen... being asked where that was, and why I'd want to go there...
TI events (especially with new players to the game) create a class of characters who are used to sitting in one spot and having 2-4 others of thier class to support them, so they can be foolish and not learn what their classes can do...

now however if you find a support class who has played one (even in another game) and knows what they are doing, what their skills are for, when and how to use them, you can actually double your exp in a party... A friend of mine and I, took a new priestess down to Magma (after the TI event) and were leeching two characters (both ours so you know) the party was set up like this:
105 Sorc.
94 HP (fs build)
98 Priestess (fs build)
94 Bio Chem. (potter build, leeching)
99/67 Champ. (asura build, leeching)

now I can be honest with you, my Sorc actually got about the same exp as I would have just leeching my champ, I was honestly shocked, and that priestess; she has become quite the good little priestess, and I look forward to when she becomes an HP to see how much she retained -_- I was pleasently shocked

now a lot of people won't take the time to help others grow, and become more compitent in their class, and only concearn themselves with their own exp... in some ways I can't say that I blame them, but at the same time, how does a game gain momentum and grow.. if it's players won't help newbies grow??

#44 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

solo leveling was always faster than party, even pre renewal. The main reason is party is because i am a cheap ass and dont wanna spam whites and blues, so i will always party xDD

that actually all depended on your class, caster class and mele class (non rogue or sin) actually will get better exp in a party because they are able to move faster through the dungeon/map and tell me a single support class who can get as much exp solo as they could in a party

#45 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Mmm~ Now I am curious... What do you Chasers use in your Reproduce slot? Why not putting Flying Kick on it if the skill is SO important as you say~?

Flying Kick for Preserved Intimidate. Windmill or Fire Trap for Reproduce. Your call. Flying Kick is as equally important for a Chaser as is Windmill. The purpose of playing a Chaser is being able to act as a nuisance and debuffer. You'll never see a Chaser kill anyone in a serious fight between two major guilds, because they'd be busy :waddle:+Divest/Masq/Windmilling everyone they see instead of attempting to waste time trying to Fire Trap them to death...when Fire Trap doesn't even hurt 150 characters in the first place. That and Fire Trap hurts guildies and allies alike.

With the upcoming nerf to Shadow Form(Ability to cancel enemy Chaser's Shadow Form with a simple detection skill like Sight), there's really nothing more a Chaser can do to be able to kill anyone anymore.

Without Flying Kick from Intimidate, a Chaser will have to walk up to someone before they can Windmill them. The problem with that is the position lag, which is present a lot in WoE situations. Flying Kick eliminates the need to worry about position lag, therefore allowing them to immediately Windmill upon using Flying Kick on an enemy who might be position lagged. If anything, Flying Kick helps the enemy escape by position lagging them if a Chaser doesn't have Windmill ready.

Exactly what skills are used most often by Chasers nowadays? Minus Flying Kick, Full Divest and the Masquerades are the only important things left for a Chaser to do. It's all you'll ever see from them when you see them when two conflicting alliances collide. What does a Sura do? Oh they have Cursed Circle, GFist, GoH, Gentle Touch, Snap, Windmill, Tiger Cannon, Knuckle Arrow, Earth Shaker, etc...Sorcerers make use of their entire skill tree as well as their Scholar tree.

#46 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Flying Kick for Preserved Intimidate. Windmill or Fire Trap for Reproduce. Your call. Flying Kick is as equally important for a Chaser as is Windmill. The purpose of playing a Chaser is being able to act as a nuisance and debuffer. You'll never see a Chaser kill anyone in a serious fight between two major guilds, because they'd be busy :waddle:+Divest/Masq/Windmilling everyone they see instead of attempting to waste time trying to Fire Trap them to death...when Fire Trap doesn't even hurt 150 characters in the first place. That and Fire Trap hurts guildies and allies alike.

With the upcoming nerf to Shadow Form(Ability to cancel enemy Chaser's Shadow Form with a simple detection skill like Sight), there's really nothing more a Chaser can do to be able to kill anyone anymore.

Without Flying Kick from Intimidate, a Chaser will have to walk up to someone before they can Windmill them. The problem with that is the position lag, which is present a lot in WoE situations. Flying Kick eliminates the need to worry about position lag, therefore allowing them to immediately Windmill upon using Flying Kick on an enemy who might be position lagged. If anything, Flying Kick helps the enemy escape by position lagging them if a Chaser doesn't have Windmill ready.

Exactly what skills are used most often by Chasers nowadays? Minus Flying Kick, Full Divest and the Masquerades are the only important things left for a Chaser to do. It's all you'll ever see from them when you see them when two conflicting alliances collide. What does a Sura do? Oh they have Cursed Circle, GFist, GoH, Gentle Touch, Snap, Windmill, Tiger Cannon, Knuckle Arrow, Earth Shaker, etc...Sorcerers make use of their entire skill tree as well as their Scholar tree.

hurts when you get freezing/manhole/shadowformed/firetrapped by an alice wearing chaser. other than that fire trap kinda tickles unless cox internet craps out on you and you end up with a 10 second lag spike.

#47 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

By the way, is there going to be an NPC that will de-card our armors/weapons in the upcoming episode?

#48 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Dear Heimdallr,
dear GM Team,

please reconsider your Cool-Down-Delay decision.
Even though I understand why you are implementing this the way it is, I would like to point this out in hope you think about it again.

My proposal is, that you reduce the delay per Turn in from currently 23 Hours to 12 Hours for Non-VIP and to 6 Hours for VIP Member.
I would also like to ask to change the turn in way to this:

First time get quest -> Kill Monster -> Turn in & get EXP -> Get new Turn in Quest -> COOL DOWN (Meanwhile kill Monster) -> Turn in & get EXP -> Get new Turn in Quest -> COOL DOWN (Meanwhile kill Monster) .....

Thank you for your time!

#49 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thank you Guardian, for at least answering me~

I wanted to know something useful for the Reproduce slot, but nobody was telling me, but they were complaining about clearance on anyone. Copying an opponent skill should be a HIGH-risk technique. Not easy mode like it is.

#50 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

These are are meant to be more of permanent implementation on the Turnins, they give way to much exp to be faster recycling. We will break the lower rewards into smaller chunks as requested so the lower leveled don't find themselves wasting some of the rewards.

Regarding the question about why there are gaps: The point is the following week provides the overlap, you may not get all the way from 70-95 in the 1 week, but if you get to the 90ish the following week will push you into the mid 100s, the following week a 105-120 one will happen so you can keep on your journey. You may fall behind but at no point should there be a longer than 1 week gap in that characters leveling from these bonus Turnins. The HUGE level range to avoid gaps would make the kill exp terrible, and it also stifles any sort of challenge that would be in the dungeon if we allowed the high end to extend. We can only set up so many of these quests in a week (creation time) so they need to be staggared so we can build up the library of quests so later we can just turn on and off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users