7/12 Update Plans - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

7/12 Update Plans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#51 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

You guys are babies. Be happy you are even getting turn in events. RO has become easy enough as it is.

#52 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

*CRIES* I had to get my 150 without 120138401 Turn ins and +2319329031% EXP events with BMx3!!!!!!! ARGH!!!

Wait lemme fix this for you!

For visual help:

Posted Image

#53 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Here watch this, if you don't feel better after watching it then nothing I can ever say will ever have an effect on your heart of stone.

#54 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

If you mean me, it would make me happy to see an video of you poking Pori Pori to death... with an toothpick!
That would make so bad want to buy Boxes :waddle: *Wonders if this will work xD*

#55 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Here watch this, if you don't feel better after watching it then nothing I can ever say will ever have an effect on your heart of stone.

Well gosh darn that was swell. :)

I, for one, actually do feel better.

#56 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm scared to click on it, I value my brain cells.

#57 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

I still want to know if there's going to be an NPC that will remove cards from our equips in this upcoming episode.

Anyway I understand why you guys are making the turn in cool down the way it is, though I don't like it that much.

#58 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Thank you Guardian, for at least answering me~

I wanted to know something useful for the Reproduce slot, but nobody was telling me, but they were complaining about clearance on anyone. Copying an opponent skill should be a HIGH-risk technique. Not easy mode like it is.

That logic should then dictate that using a mount should be equally high risk, and the demount buff should be reinstated to full power. It won't happen, so fix preserve to work like reproduce, dammit.

It's a shame the Alarm map is infested with bots.

Edited by Scott, 08 July 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#59 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

Thank you Guardian, for at least answering me~

I wanted to know something useful for the Reproduce slot, but nobody was telling me, but they were complaining about clearance on anyone. Copying an opponent skill should be a HIGH-risk technique. Not easy mode like it is.

Well Reproduce is only used for 3rd class skills. Intimidate only allows nontrans. It doesn't have the ability to copy trans nor 3rd class skills. It'd be a waste to put a nontrans skill for Reproduce. It's like telling a Chaser to only do Masquerades, Full Divest, or Shadow Form the entire WoE when there's a major fight between alliances.

hurts when you get freezing/manhole/shadowformed/firetrapped by an alice wearing chaser. other than that fire trap kinda tickles unless cox internet craps out on you and you end up with a 10 second lag spike.

Manhole's only for stalling people anyways. It's not like it's used to kill anyone in a serious fight. Especially with that new 5 second reuse delay for Manhole. Who the hell would use Manhole on a precast anyways? You can't even cast it directly on a cell that someone happens to be occupying.

Also, my post was probably tldr for you, so I'll state it again for kicks. "With the upcoming nerf to Shadow Form(Ability to cancel enemy Chaser's Shadow Form with a simple detection skill like Sight), there's really nothing more a Chaser can do to be able to kill anyone anymore."

#60 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

I still want to know if there's going to be an NPC that will remove cards from our equips in this upcoming episode.

Anyway I understand why you guys are making the turn in cool down the way it is, though I don't like it that much.

No the lady isnt there. She came with 14.1 (or Dewata) to kRO. So you need to wait at least till October :)

#61 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Well Reproduce is only used for 3rd class skills. Intimidate only allows nontrans. It doesn't have the ability to copy trans nor 3rd class skills. It'd be a waste to put a nontrans skill for Reproduce. It's like telling a Chaser to only do Masquerades, Full Divest, or Shadow Form the entire WoE when there's a major fight between alliances.

Manhole's only for stalling people anyways. It's not like it's used to kill anyone in a serious fight. Especially with that new 5 second reuse delay for Manhole. Who the hell would use Manhole on a precast anyways? You can't even cast it directly on a cell that someone happens to be occupying.

Also, my post was probably tldr for you, so I'll state it again for kicks. "With the upcoming nerf to Shadow Form(Ability to cancel enemy Chaser's Shadow Form with a simple detection skill like Sight), there's really nothing more a Chaser can do to be able to kill anyone anymore."

thats a good thing at least, but doesnt change the fact that you can be damaged in manhole. wasnt saying part of a precast if you got that information from me, im not sure where, if it was some1 elses post then disregard.

#62 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:32 AM

Hey Heim, quick question; how come you always leave gaps between the turn ins? Why not have 90-115, 115-130?

What's the point in having the 5 levels that you have to crap-level if you want to take full advantage of the event?

because people need to take a break at least once a week :)

has anyone even looked at the quests that are coming ingame? If you want the best out of the new enchantment system you are going to be very very busy, no time for lvling lol.

Edited by Hrothmund, 09 July 2011 - 05:38 AM.

#63 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Its good we have a drop event to finish off the anniversary, but wouldn't it have been wise to wait for the launch of 13.3 for a double drop event?

#64 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

13.3 update!

• Bungee jump in Umbala will get reworked a bit to keep people from standing on it.

Really? It's already extremely hard to get to niffleheim. How about the level 10 warpportal npc gives vips niffleheim teleport for 7.5k zeny?

#65 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

[*]Bungee jump in Umbala will get reworked a bit to keep people from standing on it.

I'm curious to see what the change will be that can't be bypassed by cloaking and opening a chatroom

#66 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

can we get a turn in that ISN"T ONCE A DAY? magma dun was great or whateva that doesn't suck (rachel sanc)

#67 Icey

Icey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

Posting this a bit in advance so all of you can be prepared!

I am expecting this to be a longer maintenance due to the size of update and that we are going to have to do the maintenance from our IDC rather than our comfy office chairs. (If you are curious our office building is getting tested for some sort of fireman's drill at 10pm-2am and power will be out here)

13.3 update!

• 13.3 El Dicastes update!
  • New Turnin
    Alarms quest stops (so you can't pick it up)
    90-110 starts
    115-130 starts
    All turnin quests will change so that you can turn in the quest immediately after finishing, but you still can only accept the quest 1 time per day. Don't worry if the quest leaves while in the middle, Father Time will accept all the quests you've finished even if he isn't currently offering them anymore.
    We are bumping up the schedule for implementation due to your requests and feedback. on the 12th we'll implement 2 level ranges and on the 19th we'll implement the 70-95, 105-120 and 125-140 ranges.
  • Kafra recycler machine leaves all Midgard Coins will be deleted
  • Boxter will leave
  • Double Drops will end
  • We are trying to get a few new contents for the Kafra shop as well, but it may need to wait until the 19th.
  • Bungee jump in Umbala will get reworked a bit to keep people from standing on it.
Friday 11-2pm we will do a focus testing group on Sakray for 13.3. Things we are focusing on for this test will be a run through of each of the quests and the Hidden Socket enchant system as well as the upper limits of the Party Tap bonus.

does father time accept kasa turn in too? or goat?

#68 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

thats a good thing at least, but doesnt change the fact that you can be damaged in manhole. wasnt saying part of a precast if you got that information from me, im not sure where, if it was some1 elses post then disregard.

Yeah, so you're talking about the Manhole, Shadow Form, then "Running into traps" thing. I'm sure that isn't hard to set up at all. *sarcasm* Obviously you'd be annoyed with a Chaser in a 1vs1 scenario. In a real fight between guilds though, a Chaser isn't going to have that kind of opportunity to take their time to set up something as elaborate as that. PvP's one thing, but WoE is another. Don't forget that you can still pot while in Manhole unlike White Imprison.

#69 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hoping for a new turn-in too!

#70 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, so you're talking about the Manhole, Shadow Form, then "Running into traps" thing. I'm sure that isn't hard to set up at all. *sarcasm* Obviously you'd be annoyed with a Chaser in a 1vs1 scenario. In a real fight between guilds though, a Chaser isn't going to have that kind of opportunity to take their time to set up something as elaborate as that. PvP's one thing, but WoE is another. Don't forget that you can still pot while in Manhole unlike White Imprison.

its not an issue of being able to pot, and its really easy to do with 2 chasers. last time i checked, manhole =/= wi. wi you CAN receive specific forms damage, while hurting/killing people in mh is skill abuse. its not as unlikely as you would think to happen, especially when spread out, or when another chaser happens by you while in manhole. people QQ about mandragora ALL THE TIME and its a counterable skill. manhole isnt, and hasnt been updated to reflect in a non-broken way.

Edited by BlackPotato, 09 July 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#71 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

Man you really do whine a lot about stuff that is counterable. Do you want every tactic spoonfed to you? You'd probably still eff it up.

#72 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

its not an issue of being able to pot, and its really easy to do with 2 chasers. last time i checked, manhole =/= wi. wi you CAN receive specific forms damage, while hurting/killing people in mh is skill abuse. its not as unlikely as you would think to happen, especially when spread out, or when another chaser happens by you while in manhole. people QQ about mandragora ALL THE TIME and its a counterable skill. manhole isnt, and hasnt been updated to reflect in a non-broken way.

There's a difference between an OP skill and skill abuse. I could have sworn ME blocks Manhole. Even then, Manhole's already been given a 5 second reuse delay. That's already enough to keep a Chaser from repetitively reusing on 3 separate people in a busy situation.

#73 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

mag eearth counters man hole (and vacuum, etc)

but oh no, now we're vulnerable to dragonbreath, and still receiving dmg from jackfrost/frostmistyy.. what should we do........

buff neutral barrier up to a bigger aoe and shorter cooldown so it can be used in conjunction with magnetic earth to be the perfect formation for proper gvg battle.

#74 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

mag eearth counters man hole (and vacuum, etc)

but oh no, now we're vulnerable to dragonbreath, and still receiving dmg from jackfrost/frostmistyy.. what should we do........

buff neutral barrier up to a bigger aoe and shorter cooldown so it can be used in conjunction with magnetic earth to be the perfect formation for proper gvg battle.

Just fix ME, that is the best compromise for me...

#75 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Just fix ME, that is the best compromise for me...

Isn't there already a kRO update that makes ME block Dragon Breath? Fine enough by me. Even though Dragon Breath's gonna be nerfed by the hp nerf to RK anyways..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users