They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

I have to agree with the other commenter on this older post. 35k polys on any equipment gets to a point of pushing things. Anything we consider is usually looking at a full costume set and limiting the full set to 2k or less ideally. So if you break it down that means a few hundred polys per piece.

The engine maybe able to handle more but when you get into armors and weapons where multiple people moving about with the same gear it can cause long term client latency if things getting too detailed.

Buildings are different as they are drawn once and don't tend to move around or have many of them on screen that need to be drawn so they can get a higher poly count.

So anything we would accept as community submissions would generally need to fall into that poly count condition.

Hope that helps. I am willing to talk further if you want to see some of your work in-game.

Was i finally addressed by Calanor for a submission??? :D

#152 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Was i finally addressed by Calanor for a submission??? :D

Maybe! :)

#153 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

Well, I'll submit 3 of my best items possible, wish me luck, and it'll be about 1 week, because i want to make sure it all runs smoothly. Ill send you a pm pick-up on one of my ideas.

and this doesn't change the fact i think we all need to keep our nose to the grinder and push to make this game great again :D

Edited by Feuer, 13 July 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#154 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

We lurk, but we are still here reading your posts!

So, Calanor, we're now into the 7th page of this 'Topic of Massive Complaints' and there was still no word from the development team about any of the concerns listed in the first post.

Are we going to get cookies (a.k.a. answers), or you'll remain silent and leave us to rot here while we're talking to ourselves about the problems?

Edited by PickUp, 13 July 2011 - 11:10 PM.

#155 fadesurf225

fadesurf225

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCliche Land
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Well, I'll submit 3 of my best items possible, wish me luck, and it'll be about 1 week, because i want to make sure it all runs smoothly. Ill send you a pm pick-up on one of my ideas.

and this doesn't change the fact i think we all need to keep our nose to the grinder and push to make this game great again :D

Here's some positive zen energy for you. I hope all goes well. I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing your creations in-game. :)

#156 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

Are we going to get cookies (a.k.a. answers), or you'll remain silent and leave us to rot here while we're talking to ourselves about the problems?

I don't have cookies atm and I won't say anything unless I hear from the horses mouth something is done, and you would probably hear it from Zep before me anyways. He may have cookies later?

#157 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

I don't have cookies atm and I won't say anything unless I hear from the horses mouth something is done, and you would probably hear it from Zep before me anyways. He may have cookies later?

Wait what? ROSE is developed by HORSES?! That explains the slow proggress lately.

So, could you poke Zeppy-deppy to make those cookies faster? :D

Edited by PickUp, 13 July 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#158 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

I think what everyone wants it to know if anything we're discussing has been brought to their attention and is being discussed among them aswell?

#159 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

Well I half expected a better patch and some news... instead one failed patch and no more news :D Yay! just what I like to see in the morning! :)

#160 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

I think what everyone wants it to know if anything we're discussing has been brought to their attention and is being discussed among them aswell?

[Calanor] is trying to hide something from us. Perhaps the [horses] speak, but they only have bad news, so [Calanor] is trying to hide it from us?? :D

#161 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

Honestly, I don't know what to think. We TORE the forums a new a-hole for 1 solid week, thousands of post's on problems and irritation. And yet they go and Pop out yet another IM suit, right before Harry Potter releases, to try and drive up sales more, then turn around, maps are broken, zuly trading is bugged to hell, people most deffinitly got scammed HARD...i mean c'mon.. the only fix i think happened was the run glitch...the one that's been around for 6 years :D

Edited by Feuer, 14 July 2011 - 03:29 AM.

#162 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:32 AM

Pretty lame eh? [...]

#163 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:35 AM

Sincerely, if something free content, doesn't get added to this game in 2 weeks, im done, im gonna try and get a full set of weapons done by the end of the week, and hopfully the staff will have them in by the end of the 2nd week. we shal see.

#164 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hopefully they wont end up as level 1 items dropped by Jelly Beans! That would totally freak me out!

#165 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:43 AM

screw it, if its in-game and free content i'll be pleased if you get them from dissasembling lv 0 weapons!

#166 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Aye, as long as they don't throw it on Item Mall it will be good! The bow you created so far is amazing me thinks! I would totally make a scout just to be able to equip that! Hopefully the 1H sword will be just as cool, so I wont have to make a scout! :D

#167 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

Swords axes and maces/hammers are my specialty, the hardest will be the launcher, and a shield i think. Oh well keep an eye on that thread and there will be more and more until the weeks over.

#168 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

They just love to keep adding to this list, don't they?

Reference to the newest set of bugs we receive.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 14 July 2011 - 04:56 AM.

#169 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

Every patch comes with bugs. There was once a time where bugs didn't always come with a patch, believe it or not.

#170 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

I remember those days too, you could log in after a maintinence or patch and everything was A-Ok.

I was excited for this patch honestly, I found out trade limit was expanded, commas were being inserted, HP Glitch had the potential to be fixed. Like nothing went right except the commas.

I don't ask for perfection, I just ask for a job well done.

#171 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

I decided to use my time machine to go back in time and this is what I found from 2 months ago:

http://forums.warppo...540&qpid=402928

Words from the Developers:
Now that the Item Mall integration has been completed, we would like to announce what the development team has in store for the next couple months.

Goblin Caves: Survive or Die
This summer, a whole new experience will be released. Prepare to enter the Goblin Caves and fight for your life. Set up camp in the Chamber of the Goblin King and be ready for a challenge. You and your party will go up against waves of enemies to battle with the King of the Goblins. Without teamwork and focus your only reward will be certain death. The instance will have multiple difficulties for many level ranges to experience and rewards beyond compare. More announcements regarding the Goblin Caves Chamber will be released soon so keep your eyes open.

PvP
As soon as this upcoming patch, there will be an update to the Union War map to alleviate some of the problems that have existed. Other areas of improvement are also being looked into.

Begin training and recruiting clan members, the wars between the clans are returning this year.

Bugs/Syncing/Enhancements
The team wants everyone to know that they are devoting a large portion of development to this area. Over the next couple months, we will be looking into major bugs in the game and finding solutions to them. Issues of the client and server not syncing will aslo be looked into. We will also look ino various elements that may enhance gameplay. Our goal is to remove the hiccups from the ROSE experience, so the player can focus on the addictive gameplay that is the core of ROSE.

Those are all nice and stuff, but I don't think we have seen a lot of that done. They didn't even mention if they had any proccess with the Clan Wars nor the Goblin Cave stuff in the latest Dev notes.

I thought we would be getting that goblin cave thing THIS summer and not 2012 summer. "Survive or Die"... meh, I died a little inside!

Edited by PickUp, 14 July 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#172 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

And yet they go and Pop out yet another IM suit, right before Harry Potter releases

Please tell me they didn't...

Edited by AlisiaMT, 14 July 2011 - 12:15 PM.

#173 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

Please tell me they didn't...

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/43050-item-mall-update-071311/

#174 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/43050-item-mall-update-071311/

that is the :) ugliest thing i've ever seen... thank you for that chicken, i was procrastinating actually looking at that particular thread but you posted it so...

#175 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Can't wait to see what surprise they have for us next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users