225 replies to this topic

#126 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

I would like to ask you, what you would like to see improved? Whats going to shift that boredom?

GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO BESIDES WAR AND FARM..... -.-

#127 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Something to do. Like what?
Im a girl, years ago, if my Brother walked up to me and said "give me something to do...IM bORED" I would have passed him one of my Dolls xD

If you want the Devs to rid you of your boredom, try think about what would really float your boat and come back here and post it. Dont just throw out the "give us something to do" thats a recipe for disaster, because you run the risk of them giving you something that your going to blooming hate.

#128 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Im a girl, years ago, if my Brother walked up to me and said "give me something to do...IM bORED" I would have passed him one of my Dolls xD

If you want the Devs to rid you of your boredom, try think about what would really float your boat and come back here and post it. Dont just throw out the "give us something to do" thats a recipe for disaster, because you run the risk of them giving you something that your going to blooming hate.

How about level-based instance runs? Each could have a recommended party size, a dugeon that you have to fight your way through (hopefully without respawning mobs), and a boss to fight at the end (it could summon minions while fighting it, if you wanted to up the difficulty?) These runs could give rare items, like mid-level to upper-level gems, high-level catalysts, unique weapons, and epic weapons (again, depending on the level of the run). It would work by a group forming a party, the party leader talking to an "instance npc" or something, and then the entire party recieving a "Would you like to enter the instance?" message, which, upon clicking, the character would be teleported into the instance.

Clan instances would also be a fun idea! Again, each with a recommended "party" (people online in the clan) size, etc. More instances could become available as the clan levels? Just something that's always seemed fun to me! [:

Of course, times between successful instances could be mandatory, since if the mobs really dropped items worth doing these instances for, people would probably want to farm them like crazy, so you'd have to give a so-many-per-day or wait-this-long-between-instances limit.

Something like this is what you wanted, Naughty?

#129 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

Just saying, if they can make the lucky spin UI into an Instance for successful completion. That would be awsome too.

5 Re-shuffles of 6-12 pieces of gear, 1 spin per member and you get some really new piece of gear. At the end, the gears are placed into a confirm chest which will decide by all members who gets what piece of equipment.

Disputes can easily be decided by an automated random assignment of items if nothing is confirmed after 3 minutes.

#130 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

We need Players like Pick up, You, Phish and others, to help us as a community stand up for what we seek/desire.

Thanks for mentioning me, I've been workin my butt off here and I havn't even logged in for the past 6 days.

:) look what ragnarok are getting today.

Don't think we have ever had a patch like that since Eldeon came out and even then there were no dungeons :D

There was a dungeon in the works at DoD but it got nerf'd I can't remember the name but it was like Cave of Ulverick.

90% of people don't care about storyline - yes there are people that do care; but I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but majority of people only do quests that are NEEDED, and even then; they read the guides to do it - not the story line.

That made me face palm for both
1] ignorance
2] stupidity.
The people who have been here since the dawn of ROSE do care about the story like and the flow of the world, it's what we were trained to do. Triggersoft trained us veterans to stay with ROSE and make sure noone f$%^ed it up, IE adding junk that doesn't belong, and Transformers, no matter how awesome they are in their OWN GENRE, DO NOT belong in ROSE.

Just saying, if they can make the lucky spin UI into an Instance for successful completion. That would be awsome too.

5 Re-shuffles of 6-12 pieces of gear, 1 spin per member and you get some really new piece of gear. At the end, the gears are placed into a confirm chest which will decide by all members who gets what piece of equipment.

Disputes can easily be decided by an automated random assignment of items if nothing is confirmed after 3 minutes.

Why would you use the Lucky Spin to randomize drops, when drops already come that way, then redomie it again on who gets the drops? Just do it as a quest reward... The NPC has a Lucky Spin* UI, then you use the quest reward token from the instance for completing, to spin with.

Easy as pie, yet this won't happen.

Edited by Feuer, 13 July 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#131 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

First lucky spin is to randomize the total group collective drops guarenteeing an actual useful item(Do you really want Lisent HG to drop after fighting an instance boss?)

Afterwards, the party may decide who gets what drops through confirmation of all members so you may share your spoils instead of just spinning for youself.

At the end, it can be confirmed by the group of which item goes to who. Everyone confirms or not.

If not, the 2nd randomization only happens is if a dispute arrises between members of who gets the drops. Ie, Player A goes I want item A. Player B goes I want item A too. No decision is made, randomization occurs.

Edit: Instead of one token for yourself, I was encouraging sharing your spoils with your party if you got a duplicate or got something they want but you don't need it.

The token idea is fine too.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 13 July 2011 - 09:04 AM.

#132 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Why would you use the Lucky Spin to randomize drops, when drops already come that way, then redomie it again on who gets the drops? Just do it as a quest reward... The NPC has a Lucky Spin* UI, then you use the quest reward token from the instance for completing, to spin with.

Easy as pie, yet this won't happen.

I like this idea with the instances. If a party successfully completes the instance, each gets a token. (Different tokens for different level instances? And there could be entirely separate ones for clans...)

But yeah. Instances! [:

#133 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for mentioning me, I've been workin my butt off here and I havn't even logged in for the past 6 days.

Apologies, if i offended you :D
I could rattle off a good few more names...Of course, you would be included. I just didnt want to swamp my post with names.

#134 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

/roll on everything like all other games have but the only modification I would make is that if you win a roll, you dont even get the option to roll on the next 5 items (whatever they may be) so you have to really think about rolling and ninja looting an item from a player in need when it is worthless to you to start with. Also if instances were ever implemented and good gear were to drop, you might think about BOP on op items again to prevent ninja looting in parties so they can't steal a sweet item and sale it in a shop later that night when someone in the group could have actually used it.

#135 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

/roll on everything like all other games have but the only modification I would make is that if you win a roll, you dont even get the option to roll on the next 5 items (whatever they may be) so you have to really think about rolling and ninja looting an item from a player in need when it is worthless to you to start with. Also if instances were ever implemented and good gear were to drop, you might think about BOP on op items again to prevent ninja looting in parties so they can't steal a sweet item and sale it in a shop later that night when someone in the group could have actually used it.

I hate Ninja looters :D cages and throwing tomatoes at them :s Now that would bring me joy :)

Something that just came to my mind. I dont know if it would interest anyone, but here goes,
I watched someone playing a different game, awhile ago. They were doing an ingame daily quiz.
There was a top 20 high score chart and a reward given to the number 1 spot each day.
The questions were multiple choice and there was only so much time to answer.

For those players that enjoy quizes, not only would it help with boredom, say when vending.
It would be educational, but in a fun way too.

#136 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

@ Naughty
meh lol doesn't sound appealing to myself but whos to say something...like this, can't make it ingame. after all it is a "tide you over" kinda thing.

#137 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

OR give us death?

And CaNeDa, as a business major, I'll let you in on a secret about the "IM Revenue is up". You never tell your customers your sales are down.

I have a REAL hard time believing that we have less than 1/5th the people we had 5 months ago yet the item mall sales are higher? LOLs.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 13 July 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#138 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

@ Naughty
meh lol doesn't sound appealing to myself but whos to say something...like this, can't make it ingame. after all it is a "tide you over" kinda thing.

Just between me and you *winks*
I left school in 1986 Why you laughing? :D My Education officially ended then. 4pm I literally, school bag over arse, ran out of the school gates.
However there maybe a few players that may enjoy something like this and like you say, its nothing more than a tide them over, gap filler kind of thing.

#139 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Just another thing to try and keep the mind-numbed IM zombies Fapping over >.>

#140 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

Just between me and you *winks*
I left school in 1986 Why you laughing? :D My Education officially ended then. 4pm I literally, school bag over arse, ran out of the school gates.
However there maybe a few players that may enjoy something like this and like you say, its nothing more than a tide them over, gap filler kind of thing.

I should set you over my knee for being so naughty.

#141 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Why'd you quit school in the 6th grade? xD

#142 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

I should set you over my knee for being so naughty.

Why'd you quit school in the 6th grade? xD

@Feuer Here was me thinking i was going to have a nice, quiet, chilled out day. You know the kind... When you grab the last choc chip cookie, make a cup of Tea and just pretend theres nobody home.

@Lady, I cant help being Naughty. Aura made me this way. Is that Genesis i can hear laughing at the back?
I dont know why your laughing Mister. Mark my words, she is going to throw you lot over her knee next *points and laughs*

Serious now! We should be brain storming...*wipes sweat from brow*
"or adding new crafting recipes" could make something like that one of the quiz prizes *hides*

#143 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

+my entire +1 stockpile to you LadyPsyber.

I rarely do agree with your "fire", Lady. But even I have started to see things on your side in the past few months(note: MONTHS).

Many things are promised, even less are delivered. Refining fix(are we still failing @ 102% still)? Poison/HP Glitch(Uh, wasn't that promised last patch?), and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Seriously Caneda, I love the ROSE Storyline. I went through many of the stupid and grueling quests in iROSE and coming back to F2P. Lucky Spin costumes, I can PASS as part of in-game, flowing with storyline equipment. Truckbot and Sportbot...yeah good luck explaining that one fitting with the story. That was a cheap knock-off of a movie that was premiering and they were riding on it's coat-tails to squeeze IM points.(Look at Jack Sparrow costume for another example, at least that one isn't a coat of advanced metal).

If they want to sell out like that, give me my Ninja Turtles, Garfield, Pokemon, and Doug costumes. Might as well go through the whole damn 90s and rip off every popular icon and "recreate it slightly". (PLEASE DON'T)

Epic weapons?! WHOLLY Cow, these things are retarded for some of them. Epic Boomer is fine and dandy. Epic Buster? That thing is retardedly huge for no reason. Look at the Mana Steam Rifle, that is slim and sexy. Epic Gun is bulky and unappealing. The only reason to use the Buster is for it's stats. If it wasn't for stats, I would've stuck with my inferior gun. I bought the first Rift Buster on Leonis and wielded it my first time. I kept that thing hidden from the community cause that thing was SOOOO retardedly big and ugly.

Some of these weapons are so big that they go through the floor...as you STAND. I can't even appreciate the looks of some of them cause they've defied gravity(haha pun) and broke the game by going through the damn floor.

Some of them are so plain, look at the actual tier 200 weapons vs the epic weapons. You can see the lack of hardwork and detail they put into designing these things.

I don't flame the Devs or the admins but sometimes they do need a wake-up call to the community. They've been slacking ever since Orlo 2 was released. They need a priority check by the community if this game needs to stay alive.

And CaNeDa, as a business major, I'll let you in on a secret about the "IM Revenue is up". You never tell your customers your sales are down.

Couldn't agree more. I think most of the epics look fine, the Rift Buster looks awful though, unnecessarily huge and look, it doesn't even have a trigger! How does it shoot?

I enjoy intriguing stories in most games and don't mind reading about them. Rose however, reading through NPC dialogue just bores the hell out of me for some reason.

Edited by Phish, 13 July 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#144 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Minigames. Yes, that's implementable! :D

#145 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Rewards for the daily quiz should be something everyone can partake in, like a ranking instead of top 1 get prize.

should be soo many questions right out of the total = different tier of the prize bracket.

#146 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Rewards for the daily quiz should be something everyone can partake in, like a ranking instead of top 1 get prize.

should be soo many questions right out of the total = different tier of the prize bracket.

Good idea :D

#147 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Honestly, I'm going to make a suggestions thread. cause i have alot of them.

#148 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

How about level-based instance runs? Each could have a recommended party size, a dugeon that you have to fight your way through (hopefully without respawning mobs), and a boss to fight at the end (it could summon minions while fighting it, if you wanted to up the difficulty?) These runs could give rare items, like mid-level to upper-level gems, high-level catalysts, unique weapons, and epic weapons (again, depending on the level of the run). It would work by a group forming a party, the party leader talking to an "instance npc" or something, and then the entire party recieving a "Would you like to enter the instance?" message, which, upon clicking, the character would be teleported into the instance.

Clan instances would also be a fun idea! Again, each with a recommended "party" (people online in the clan) size, etc. More instances could become available as the clan levels? Just something that's always seemed fun to me! [:

Of course, times between successful instances could be mandatory, since if the mobs really dropped items worth doing these instances for, people would probably want to farm them like crazy, so you'd have to give a so-many-per-day or wait-this-long-between-instances limit.

Something like this is what you wanted, Naughty?

Those are beautiful ideas, and the community at large has already suggested this many times...nothings become of it yet.

#149 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Yes after looking at a few of the items there's 1 that needs redesign, 1 that needs less poly [ and btw that wand was around 45k poly, the avg for rose is around 1k-35k before it causes issues just depends on the model in question.] and the sword [Divine Offender] was the basis of a new sword i made, and everyone agreed that it was amazing [another higher* poly, however it didn't exceed 100k poly with is the range limit on most occasions for ROSE's ZnZin engine. yes i know what game engine ROSE uses] and the shield needed to simply be toned down of the shine, which was never going to be added because it was for graphical effect of the screen shot]

So going over them they needed tweeking, but not a complete dismissal especially when Transformer, Ninja Gaiden, Naruto etc were just added along with Epic that are so over sized they move/swing into the ground map, something that was frowned upon in day 1 of user submissions.

at either rate its the point, that the Arua Wand, Vassil Staff [which looks suprisingly like the new epic staff using the "blades" around a halo] MC313 looks like a non-smashed version of the new epic gun, Mighty Avenger and Divine Offender are all within reason for ROSE style ex.

Arua Wand matches perfectly with the Orleon Set
Vassil Staff matches perfectly with the Black set from lower levels
Divine Offender matches perfectly with the Obsidian Armor
MC313 and Mighty Avenger match perfectly with the Mana fusion suit for dealers, only red instead of green, however i think they might have been red, or there was a red dealer suit at some point.
Zuly shield was just an offhand that I'd hoped would have been used to dealer stats or IM shield.

I have to agree with the other commenter on this older post. 35k polys on any equipment gets to a point of pushing things. Anything we consider is usually looking at a full costume set and limiting the full set to 2k or less ideally. So if you break it down that means a few hundred polys per piece.

The engine maybe able to handle more but when you get into armors and weapons where multiple people moving about with the same gear it can cause long term client latency if things getting too detailed.

Buildings are different as they are drawn once and don't tend to move around or have many of them on screen that need to be drawn so they can get a higher poly count.

So anything we would accept as community submissions would generally need to fall into that poly count condition.

Hope that helps. I am willing to talk further if you want to see some of your work in-game.

#150 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Minigames. Yes, that's implementable! :D

Put some chess tables to Junon! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic