• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#301 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Sword Dance (and a lot of other skills; LOOKING AT YOU PATHFINDERS) is hitscan based. This means when the skill is used it scans its own AOE and determines if anything is there. If there is an object (a mob or a another player in PvP) in its path it is registered as hit and takes effect on them when the animation ends, regardless of if they are actually in the path when said animation ends. This is why skills such as Arrow Rain, Sword Dance, and Missile "hit" you even if you move out of the way before the projectile touches down. This is a (unfortunately) common trick programmers use instead of programming actually hit detection, because they are inexperience/lazy. Another merit for Barunson it seems.

Also Myrms DO need Sword Dance. Much more so than Knights. Stumble has ten second cool down, and as far as I know you can roll out after getting hit by Bear.

#302 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

personally I think myrms NEED sd. I mean its our combo opener.. and vs a lot of classes we need a spammable, reliable catch. I know there's stumble, which is a great skill and all, but the cd is like 8 seconds and theres a charge up time, hard to use offensively since usually you gotta wait for the opponent to come to YOU to catch them in a stumble. Without sd, imo it'd be even harder to 1v1 the more pvp oriented classes like pfs..

and regarding the damage buff.. from what I've seen it really only shines for paladins since they can lock. What good is super high damage if your opponent is uber health stacked or evade stacked or defense stacked with locking skills? From what i've seen, Lock > damage.

personally I think myrmidons need some sort of defensive passive or skill. Health stacking is useless vs lockers... I just wish they got a SKILL that would be somewhat defensive.. i mean pretty much every other class has some sort of way to defend themselves.. pfs got traps, high evade, movementspeed.. grens got tank, camo, high movement speed, hqs got burrow and evade..plus crazy soul... ninjas got block, burrow, invis, high evade, shamans and wms have the heals and shields, and pallies.. well they just DEFINE defensive skills.. cough imp, revenge, block, super high defense

I guess for myrms you could say we have bloody roar to counter sleep and frog.. but thats about it..

to nerf pallies, they should take the damage back down.. and maybe make it harder to lock.. perhaps not have them have like 4 spammable knockdowns/stuns.. and maybe rework revenge so that its not a toggle on/off, but more like a skill that has longer cd and reflects only for a duration, i mean say you could activate it anytime, even in stun locks, but have itlast for like 5-10s? i dont know.

Maybe they should give other classes skills to help counter other classes, sorta like a rock paper scissors of skills/classes. Maybe give a class a skill to go through blocks? i dont know haha :lol:

#303 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hope palladins/dragoons/ and maybe, possibly Knights get defbuffed, nerfed and balanced in the future. Because the problem is definitely not oblivious.

Spotted one issue.
The Death Stinger when used hesitates alot in animation, it looks like lag when done. But, I have a solid connection. I'll try to upload a video of this.

#304 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

I also think an equally important question is... Where is all this discussion going? Do the admins really come back and check up on this and what we wrote? Could all this really influence the future of DragonSaga? Haha I just wanna know whether or not to get my hopes up..

I guess the class imbalance just bothers me because more often than not if you're going 1v1 as a myrm up against an "OP" class with equal equips AND skill.. You'd lose... *COUGH SHAMAN COUGH PALADIN* and yes yes I know there are SOME super pro myrms that know how to handle anything etc etc, but again if you're going up an EQUALLY pro "OP" class player, the odds against the myrm would be pretty big. Now I'm definitely not saying myrms arent weak, they have A LOT of potential, but I think they need a buff to keep up with the other classes.

*ALSO I know there's a thread somewhere on the interwebs about possible future buffs/nerfs? Could someone pull that up for me? Couldnt find it :p_devil:

Edited by kAndyREW, 18 November 2010 - 06:19 AM.

#305 cuando

cuando

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

my life stops healing at 99.98% anyone has this problem?

#306 haveaboat

haveaboat

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Let's take all the skills that everyone thinks is overpowered about paladin and nerf them so bad that they become insignificant so no one cries about it anymore.
Then, all the people who play paladin will cry about the other classes because they don't have much to deal with them.

Then the other classes get nerfed as well.

Lets just not have skills, everyone will just jump, dash, and spam X attack.

It's not like no one has ever beat one of these "overpowered" classes. In PvP the skill you must possess is evading attacks and getting hits in. If you can't do that, no matter what class you play you'll feel like your opponent is overpowered.

Edited by haveaboat, 06 January 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#307 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Let's take all the skills that everyone thinks is overpowered about paladin and nerf them so bad that they become insignificant so no one cries about it anymore.
Then, all the people who play paladin will cry about the other classes because they don't have much to deal with them.

Then the other classes get nerfed as well.

Lets just not have skills, everyone will just jump, dash, and spam X attack.

It's not like no one has ever beat one of these "overpowered" classes. In PvP the skill you must possess is evading attacks and getting hits in. If you can't do that, no matter what class you play you'll feel like your opponent is overpowered.

i do agree with what you are saying here, even tho i do feel Paladin certainly have an edge over other classes, it is not impossible to beat one with the right know how and skill set. There are never gona be ends to complaints about other classes. I play a paladin myself and i feel like complaining about ninja's dodge/shaman's heals etc, but meh, just live with it. Just as how truely great players shouldn't use OP gear like full evade or impossibly high def to bully others, Paladin players should just exercise some self-control with the infinite ground lock... learn to use launch skills and time AR, that give them a good enough chance of getting away if they know how. >_< although, i'm sorry shamans, you guys are immortals unless i lock you, but that's my only exception.

Edited by Graythrone, 09 January 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#308 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

Well first of all ill start in an orderly way to list the overpowered skills,

Warrior: Sword dance - This skill is much abused in pvp by warriors to catch. Its an unfair skill because it doesnt allow the player to roll away once hit which results
in a free combo to the warrior classes and allow paladins to stun lock. This skill should allow the person being hit to roll away.

Gladiator: The skills are ok except for im gone bro ( the kicking bear) Which launches very slightly. This should launch a little higher.
Mrymidons: I find these skills balanced since they r all powerful but hav long cooldowns to compensate except for wyvern blade whose damage is way too high and which can be spammed.

Now comes knight and paladin which according to me r way too overpowered.

Knight: The skill revenge is unfair in pvp especially for archers. The damage reflected should be around 40% when maxed.

Spin it bear is an unfair skill i find in pvp.Its very spammable + launches which give pallies opportunities to combo. This skill should be removed or
given a cast time of at least 1 second or more.

Paladins: Cross-cut,Now is the most unfair skills of all. The damage output is 510% + 800 when maxed and hits 2 times so the overall damage is 1020% + 1600!!! Is this fair for only 5 sec cooldown?
I say the cool down to be increased to 30s since the skill is too powerful.

And lastly Barricade. This skill cure buff must be removed. In addition it should giv only a lvl1 slow heal status since it reduces incoming damage.

I do hope u will consider to nerf these skills which make knights/paladins the most unfair pvp class.

#309 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

personally I think myrms NEED sd. I mean its our combo opener.. and vs a lot of classes we need a spammable, reliable catch. I know there's stumble, which is a great skill and all, but the cd is like 8 seconds and theres a charge up time, hard to use offensively since usually you gotta wait for the opponent to come to YOU to catch them in a stumble. Without sd, imo it'd be even harder to 1v1 the more pvp oriented classes like pfs..

and regarding the damage buff.. from what I've seen it really only shines for paladins since they can lock. What good is super high damage if your opponent is uber health stacked or evade stacked or defense stacked with locking skills? From what i've seen, Lock > damage.

personally I think myrmidons need some sort of defensive passive or skill. Health stacking is useless vs lockers... I just wish they got a SKILL that would be somewhat defensive.. i mean pretty much every other class has some sort of way to defend themselves.. pfs got traps, high evade, movementspeed.. grens got tank, camo, high movement speed, hqs got burrow and evade..plus crazy soul... ninjas got block, burrow, invis, high evade, shamans and wms have the heals and shields, and pallies.. well they just DEFINE defensive skills.. cough imp, revenge, block, super high defense

I guess for myrms you could say we have bloody roar to counter sleep and frog.. but thats about it..

to nerf pallies, they should take the damage back down.. and maybe make it harder to lock.. perhaps not have them have like 4 spammable knockdowns/stuns.. and maybe rework revenge so that its not a toggle on/off, but more like a skill that has longer cd and reflects only for a duration, i mean say you could activate it anytime, even in stun locks, but have itlast for like 5-10s? i dont know.

Maybe they should give other classes skills to help counter other classes, sorta like a rock paper scissors of skills/classes. Maybe give a class a skill to go through blocks? i dont know haha :)

Ur combo opener is sword dance in case u hav neglected the skill. ANd why the #$%% do u need a defensive passive. Then pfs , ninjas should ask for a skill similar to wyvern blade : high damage and low cooldown T.T

#310 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

i do agree with what you are saying here, even tho i do feel Paladin certainly have an edge over other classes, it is not impossible to beat one with the right know how and skill set. There are never gona be ends to complaints about other classes. I play a paladin myself and i feel like complaining about ninja's dodge/shaman's heals etc, but meh, just live with it. Just as how truely great players shouldn't use OP gear like full evade or impossibly high def to bully others, Paladin players should just exercise some self-control with the infinite ground lock... learn to use launch skills and time AR, that give them a good enough chance of getting away if they know how. >_< although, i'm sorry shamans, you guys are immortals unless i lock you, but that's my only exception.

Not all pallies r generous enough

#311 IraizenI

IraizenI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

Lower knights dmg!
Gosh, they are a defensive class and their dmg is freaking huge from what I've seen lately. A lv25 knight dealing 1k dmg at mobs... thats huge o.o - with a +1 advanced sword. -

And gimme my launchers back, I want both bears launching. :P

Edited by IraizenI, 22 January 2011 - 04:18 AM.

#312 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Ur combo opener is sword dance in case u hav neglected the skill. ANd why the #$%% do u need a defensive passive. Then pfs , ninjas should ask for a skill similar to wyvern blade : high damage and low cooldown T.T

no i know its a good combo opener, but with lag walk triggering like 40% of the time, it's not 100% reliable, even with a timed stumble follow up. i didn't "neglect" it, haha try to understand what i said :P

I already explained why we could use a defensive passive.. but thinkin about it, even a anti-defense move would be good. Maybe a skill that lowers block rate or something. Andddd wyvern blade isnt THAT good, the cd is still pretty long in comparison.. and you can interrupt it pretty easily (unlike cough spin it bear. Mages can heal back a wyvern blade in a few seconds, and pallies can block a lot of the hits.. plus you can't use wyvern against savages :(

Edited by kAndyREW, 24 January 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#313 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

no i know its a good combo opener, but with lag walk triggering like 40% of the time, it's not 100% reliable, even with a timed stumble follow up. i didn't "neglect" it, haha try to understand what i said :)

I already explained why we could use a defensive passive.. but thinkin about it, even a anti-defense move would be good. Maybe a skill that lowers block rate or something. Andddd wyvern blade isnt THAT good, the cd is still pretty long in comparison.. and you can interrupt it pretty easily (unlike cough spin it bear. Mages can heal back a wyvern blade in a few seconds, and pallies can block a lot of the hits.. plus you can't use wyvern against savages :angry:

Im making a pally to bully pvpiers. Trying to get block to lvl 10 and i'll stunlock to win xD
Currently 53 QQ so hard to reach 60

#314 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

Im making a pally to bully pvpiers. Trying to get block to lvl 10 and i'll stunlock to win xD
Currently 53 QQ so hard to reach 60

then get revenge npnp and spam imp!!

#315 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

Why would you max revenge and block? That's counterproductive.

#316 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

I just wanted to say, wyvern works fine on savages. What you can't use is stormblade.

#317 IraizenI

IraizenI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Issues huh?

Gladiators bears dont launch anymore. And theres no way we can use Incoming as a launcher in PVP, since a miss = death.
And at the same time our bears get nerfed, knights get a bear for themselves? AND a bear that actually launches...

WHY, may I ask WHY? A class that has dozens of skill to lock and launch, why would they need another launcher?

Speaking about having dozens of skills to lock and launch.
Why is it that gladiators get useless passives for atk that do nothing but waste our SP? Then a a cool, but rather useless dashing atk, and a toy hammer for air combos that is never going to be used.
Thats a bunch of SP's wasted just to get 4skills. And 2 of them lost their most charming point, the launch.

One could say that the only good passives gladiators have is the +HP and better pots. But that adds nothing to the gameplay, unless you get beaten up all the time.

In the meantime, knights get passives for block, parry, hp and god knows what else... AND THEY WORK.

Then, Barunsons goes and instead of fixing skills, they make weapons hit harder, but they do the same for knights. Now knights not only have an amazing defense and hp, but they can also deal high dmg? This is so wrong

So... gladiators and myrms do have high dmg, with the price of still having useless skills that we are FORCED to take, but its all fine so long knights go back acting as unbreakable walls they should be. They can even keep their locks and launchers, and revenge and huge hp, so long they dont have high dmg.

Yeah, I know. This is a rant on knights and gladiators, and not really about the PVP aspect of them (for all I care knights can keep their god status in pvp)
Im talking about the classes as a whole. From lv20 to cap.

Please do point out anything I said that is incorrect, 'cuz Im writing this at work XD

#318 BroWop

BroWop

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:The only one.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

People have been complaining about sword dance, which really isn't too horrible. Many other classes have catches that are easier the plant, or moves that just hit fine.

The only thing I find out of proportion with pallys is the block skill. They have potentially the most HP AND a ton of block, which is a bit over-kill. You can bypass evade fine if you stack aim, but bypassing the block in order to hopefully stun the pally is just not something that most classes can handle. The general consensus is pallys are annoying as hell, and I believe it's for this reason.

Myrms I don't hear a ton of complaints about. I play a 50 myrm, and I don't find myself either too good or too bad at pvp.

Something other people have to realize is that pvp is NOT 1v1. These classes were designed to balance each other out, and play on each other's strengths and weaknesses. With good synergy, a party of the pvp underdog classes could easily take on a party of the better pvp classes that don't work well together. Looking out for each other is key.

#319 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

I think myrms would be fine if they buffed our (currently) useless skills. As it stands we're great PVE damage dealers but slightly-less-than mediocre in pvp. Knights also need a damage nerf.

#320 Arsys

Arsys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Why do the people that cry PALADIN IMBA are always the ones who seem to lose to us? Cry moar. dizizfun

#321 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

*cough* cuz everyone seems to lose to paladin. Even shadows and AAS spamming PFs don't stand a chance against a properly built and equipped pally. Myrms and other mediocre pvp classes are even worse against them.

Above poster is a moron.

#322 Arsys

Arsys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

+1
Edit for relevance.

Name of thread: Known Warrior Issues.
Pages: 13
Number of pages with "Known Warrior Issues.": Ionno... like 2? o_O

Edited by Arsys, 02 April 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#323 eXempt

eXempt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

Known warrior issues: Myrms need buffs, Pallies need nerfs. It's pretty simple.

#324 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

I dont understand why myrm gets the only 360 degree 100% stun in game...

#325 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

I dont understand why myrm gets the only 360 degree 100% stun in game...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users