Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion - Page 11 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#251 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Since you didn't get the point, yes I am quite satisfied :sigh: thank you for asking

"Wow, my guardian sets are not worth this compensation, I'd rather get the gold!" -> Sell on market -> "Huaehuae I gather tons of guardians for the compensation" -> Buy a truckload of guardian pieces -> Receive 10 times the compensation that they would normally be issued

I want that person who paid miniscule gold to take advantage of the compensation to be extremely rewarded. Not for his pure genius of getting over the moment to take advantage of the situation, but because he receives free justification along with his 90 W-coins.

Edited by Kazu731, 27 August 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#252 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

If they got the gold to burn, they deserve it. Guardian pieces haven't tanked THAT HARD.

#253 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Still waiting for them to tank :sigh:

I want fire wings to look Kawaii.

#254 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

They will after compensation's been given out :3

#255 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

If they got the gold to burn, they deserve it. Guardian pieces haven't tanked THAT HARD.

It's not about how much they're worth and it's not about their choice for gold. They are paying gold to get W-coins which is fine and simple enough. But it defeats the honesty behind the point of compensation which is more of a disgrace to the sets than any "nerf" ever would be.

#256 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

If we're talking about their "intention" of purchase, that's really none of our business. WP is prepared to give W-Coins for every guardian piece existing on the server, it moving from a proper owner to someone who buys it because of this information makes no difference to them.

#257 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

If we're talking about their "intention" of purchase, that's really none of our business. WP is prepared to give W-Coins for every guardian piece existing on the server, it moving from a proper owner to someone who buys it because of this information makes no difference to them.

Of course it means nothing to them. Hence compensation.

#258 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

#259 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

That's exactly what my cat looks like, actually.

#260 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDelta Forbidden Training Grounds

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

That's exactly what my cat looks like, actually.

going off-topic but...

miname's a cat person :sigh:

Edited by megamanxpert, 28 August 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#261 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

"Wow, my guardian sets are not worth this compensation, I'd rather get the gold!" -> Sell on market -> "Huaehuae I gather tons of guardians for the compensation" -> Buy a truckload of guardian pieces -> Receive 10 times the compensation that they would normally be issued

I want that person who paid miniscule gold to take advantage of the compensation to be extremely rewarded. Not for his pure genius of getting over the moment to take advantage of the situation, but because he receives free justification along with his 90 W-coins.

If people choose to be ignorant and underprice items that others consider valuable, that is their own problem. Are you sarcastically suggesting we should protect the lazy, stupid, and uniformed from those who wish to advance themselves by punishing intelligence and initiative? I thought you hated ignorance. What is the problem?

edit: And there is a choice to reject the compensation and sell for gold if that is what is preferred. The compensation just makes the items slightly more valuable. There is no issue of honesty or morals here.

Edited by Maronu, 28 August 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#262 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

going off-topic but...

miname's a cat person :sigh:

I love all amimals #7

#263 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

I love all amimals #7

Cept Sam's. You were hunting them. I have the photos!

#264 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

Why??? You must have not super-enchant/soulcrafted them.

More like she "stocked up."

I think it would be a good idea for WP to somehow look through their data and reward compensation for Guardian items based on ownership, say, an hour after the post announcing the changes. I think some surly people could take advantage of the compensation by buying massive amounts of Guardian items from people who deem them worthless now. That's not very fair at all.

well a few pages later, but meh.
no i didn't go crazy with my guardian sets in the soul crafting or enchanting sense. i've had 2 1/2 sets since gravity brought drag back and was given another couple sets by friends that no longer play the game LONG before there was ever talk of nerfing the pieces or compensation for them.
i'd still very much like to know whether or not the guardian pieces will be mixable after the new origins patch (mostly because i have 4 sets that are clogging up my inventories >>)

how is buying up pieces not fair? ppl sell, others buy. they get g, you get pieces. if the sellers don't take the initiative to find out why the prices for guardian pieces has fallen so sharply...that's their own fault. the forums are available to everyone. if those few sellers choose to remain uninformed, that's their choice. there is no fair or not fair.

Edited by Bhreemon, 28 August 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#265 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

no i didn't go crazy with my guardian sets in the soul crafting or enchanting sense. i've had 2 1/2 sets since gravity brought drag back and was given another couple sets by friends that no longer play the game LONG before there was ever talk of nerfing the pieces or compensation for them.
i'd still very much like to know whether or not the guardian pieces will be mixable after the new origins patch (mostly because i have 4 sets that are clogging up my inventories >>)

how is buying up pieces not fair? ppl sell, others buy. they get g, you get pieces. if the sellers don't take the initiative to find out why the prices for guardian pieces has fallen so sharply...that's their own fault. the forums are available to everyone. if those few sellers choose to remain uninformed, that's their choice. there is no fair or not fair.

Pretty sure you can mix them to get a total of 6% evade.

#266 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Pretty sure you can mix them to get a total of 6% evade.

She means Mixboard.

#267 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

I never talked about the people who choose to sel them, however you have opened up a new train of thought for me. While I was saying it is about the sotckpilers in how by stocking up they defeat the integrity of what compensation is about, I had failed to realize that selling the pieces is in fact a choice of sellling the compensation. And this I can sympathize with as I need gold many a lonely night in Libra.

Also Bhree relax, I applaud your determination!

BUT YOURS ALONE

Edited by Kazu731, 29 August 2011 - 06:35 AM.

#268 BloodWave

BloodWave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

No please No ill give you 1kg and 7 crappy IM clothes for a set instead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users