Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion - Page 9 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#201 d2truong

d2truong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

First, we had spoken to many of the more prominent, older users in the game, about the set. They said that the set mainly affected the balance in the, below 60 range. They (names that I will not mention, unless they choose to decide to make themselves known), also mentioned that the Physical Damage Drop can also be obtained from the items as well as the item providing the best stat boost compared to other Item Mall sets in-game. The Physical Damage Drop is also another imbalance concern in the Game Balance thread.

Along with this concern was the use of the Guardian Sets by users in the lower level Battlesquare providing an unfair advantage for the newer users to compete. Users that are older and had the sets were "farming" those in the Battlesquare for gold and experience potions and not providing an entry point for newer users to experience what Battlesquare is supposed to be.

Increase the level requirement for these items then? That or make them soul-bound as some have suggested. Removing the stat bonuses should not an option to be considered given that some players have invested a lot soulcrafting and randomizing these items.

#202 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Thanks a lot for everything, I just have one question left, I can still soul shift my artifact guardian items, right?

#203 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thanks a lot for everything, I just have one question left, I can still soul shift my artifact guardian items, right?

I'm pretty sure that, if they remain level 20, then there will be nothing for you to soul shift to. If they become level 1 then yes.

#204 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that, if they remain level 20, then there will be nothing for you to soul shift to. If they become level 1 then yes.

I was thinking in getting the effect to a better thing lets see I have a legend fg helmet and I want to pass it to my dianos helmet, that was my main question

#205 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

I was thinking in getting the effect to a better thing lets see I have a legend fg helmet and I want to pass it to my dianos helmet, that was my main question

I don't believe you are capable of doing that but I could be wrong and I'm only about 50% sure. Someone knows better than I do.

#206 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

waaah guess I'll wait an expert in productions or a GM to answer me

#207 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Two pages late but...

God forbid we don't get exactly what we ask for, huh, Maronu?

3 pages late, but speak for yourself, prince. ;]

I don't believe you are capable of doing that but I could be wrong and I'm only about 50% sure. Someone knows better than I do.

Don't let prince doubt your capability, Anwar! You can do it! 5 soulshifts! I believe!

#208 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

3 pages late, but speak for yourself, prince. ;]

Don't let prince doubt your capability, Anwar! You can do it! 5 soulshifts! I believe!

edit: Just in case you didn't quite get it, yes you can shift it to your main equips, but you will have to shift 10 levels at a time and do multiple soul shifts.

thanks maronu! I apreciate your effort, you even triple posted! you are awesome!! :( xDDD
then lets start soul shifting... WAIT I DONT HAVE THAT AS PROFESSION :P anyone wants an enchant shift for soul shift? lol

edit: wtf? I just saw 3 post from maronu and now... nothing!

Edited by Astronix, 25 August 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#209 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDelta Forbidden Training Grounds

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

thanks maronu! I apreciate your effort, you even triple posted! you are awesome!! :( xDDD
then lets start soul shifting... WAIT I DONT HAVE THAT AS PROFESSION :P anyone wants an enchant shift for soul shift? lol

edit: wtf? I just saw 3 post from maronu and now... nothing!

I can help with anything except machinery. min charge if u provide materials :o

#210 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

I just figure out I should have waited to use that capsule... QQ well everything is cool, what if you do everything? whats the charge? XD just wondering, I might use it for ther intentions though..

#211 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

Anwar. Take it to a new topic :P
I don't know the answer, myself..

#212 Ryukendum

Ryukendum

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

Lets stop pretending it is a bug, thats a good start. What can be done to fix the issue? what issue? the bottom line is to have you go back and buy more garbage suits form item mall cause it makes money. The problem is, the people with guardians suit are the most loyal we have in the game and you are about to separate them cause of greediness. Dont fix whats not broken and stop pretending you care by using coins for a wheel that was meant to rip off people. How do we fix the guardian set? there is no fixing it, we have spent countless hours fixing the stats on them, letting you all extract our money. You want to mess up the suit, well in that case, give us back all the insurance, souls, armor, gold and time we invest on it, wait that wont be the right thing to do cause you dont earn money from us. lol, a glitch, please you waited till the new origins cause most people will quit the game including me, spent $1000's to be screwed again. You want a glitch fix, well start with the medals from the guardians set that most of us never got back, trying fixing the issues with item mall items dissapearing such as randomisers when you ppl add to gift, the ones you had will disapeared, the list of actual bugs has no eneding, just call it like it is, we screw you cause we want you to buy garbage from the item mall suits.

#213 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

Lets stop pretending it is a bug, thats a good start. What can be done to fix the issue? what issue? the bottom line is to have you go back and buy more garbage suits form item mall cause it makes money. The problem is, the people with guardians suit are the most loyal we have in the game and you are about to separate them cause of greediness. Dont fix whats not broken and stop pretending you care by using coins for a wheel that was meant to rip off people. How do we fix the guardian set? there is no fixing it, we have spent countless hours fixing the stats on them, letting you all extract our money. You want to mess up the suit, well in that case, give us back all the insurance, souls, armor, gold and time we invest on it, wait that wont be the right thing to do cause you dont earn money from us. lol, a glitch, please you waited till the new origins cause most people will quit the game including me, spent $1000's to be screwed again. You want a glitch fix, well start with the medals from the guardians set that most of us never got back, trying fixing the issues with item mall items dissapearing such as randomisers when you ppl add to gift, the ones you had will disapeared, the list of actual bugs has no eneding, just call it like it is, we screw you cause we want you to buy garbage from the item mall suits.

Hey now. here are somethings.
1. Since we are the only server with Guardian Sets so them changing at RoP was completely unexpected and no one knew it would happen.
2. I'm pretty sure the people who reported the bug about the guardian sets are the ones who had them in the first place.
3. It takes time, a lot of time, for Developers to go through bugs, discuss the issue, decide if it needs to be fixed and/or how fast it needs to be fixed.
4. Don't put all your eggs in the same basket (It's dumb to put everything you buy/use into 1 single set of items)
5. A lot of medals were changed during the RoP patch, the old guardian medals are now outdated and not so good compared to ones added.
6. WP may want you to buy from the item mall, but only high end geared pvped requires the Item Mall. So at the end of the day you can do PvE and PvP( even at high end with most older pvpers now doing Naked pvps) without Item mall and it's up to you if you want to buy from the item mall or not. WP is not forcing you to do it.

edit: The more I think about the more I assume the problem with guardian sets is that since we get patches from IAH version and they don't have guardians that some of the coding went rogue and buffed up the sets by accident.

Edited by StormHaven, 26 August 2011 - 05:10 AM.

#214 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

the people with guardians suit are the most loyal we have in the game

no

#215 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

I only have 1 thing to add, WARPPORTAL MOST OF US ARE SATISFIED or a least somewhat satisfied with it, but we dont wanna lose the soulcraft level personally I have 3 artifact, a bunch of specials (boot with move speed!!) even one legend item (that prolly I ruined competely for using a soul extractor without waiting)... yes I have 17 guardian pieces... but there is people who invest even more!... thats the only thing I ask

#216 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

QQ

Huh, i've been here since day 1 of THQ, have several legend guardian pieces blah blah etc. And i more than support this change, AND the fact they even considered raising our compensation is a very kind gesture. Not everyone supports your whiny entitlement issues. So accept the changes, discuss it civilly or kindly leave good sir.

#217 strikeerfw

strikeerfw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

I think the IM sets shoudnt have bonus stats, or have at least a low boost.
I would love to wear im things for fashion not for bonus, but for this a refund is needed and I dont think this is coming...

I prefer a char wearing funny and cool things then using a winged set(at first its awesome but later it gets boring) or even showing the normal equips.

#218 g00ber

g00ber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

I have not read the 9 pages of replies...

That said, I never played when THQ was around. I spent a lot of time grinding gold to buy these otherwise unattainable items. I chose the guardian sets because you could actually trade them to alts, so it was worth the extra price in my mind.

A MINIMUM compensation should be a blue set piece of our choice. And even that doesn't account for the thousands of dollars (everyone) spent enchanting and soul crafting these items.

The proposed compensation is extremely insulting as it stands.

#219 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Then your entire post is fairly invalidated. Wanna know why?

Read.

#220 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

That said, I never played when THQ was around. I spent a lot of time grinding gold to buy these otherwise unattainable items. I chose the guardian sets because you could actually trade them to alts, so it was worth the extra price in my mind.

A MINIMUM compensation should be a blue set piece of our choice. And even that doesn't account for the thousands of dollars (everyone) spent enchanting and soul crafting these items.

The proposed compensation is extremely insulting as it stands.

How about all the money WP is gonna lose thanks to the free W-coins and Soul Boxes they're giving away.

#221 kawanryu

kawanryu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

I spent over 18000g to have almost full wg set and now this is just nerfing. So why they don't fix Trip Ticket Balloon, Kimart Wings, Patch of Love, Rose of Virtue?, they are all BUGS just like fg and wg set !

Honestly, this game screwed me up, so I have no reason to play this anymore.

I won't just complain with no solutions...

I must think if they are trying to be fair with players just try to seek informations inside logs about players buying/selling those items, just see it and give the quantity back to the player.

I will use my example: I bought Water Guardian Wings for 5000g from EnderW/ I bought Water Guardian Bottom from 1337 for 9000g, so I could be reimbursed of those items of 14000g and the seller would have no change, since the player already got it from selling for other player. This is my idea and I hope it can be useful.

Edited by kawanryu, 26 August 2011 - 05:41 PM.

#222 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

I spent over 18000g to have almost full wg set and now this is just nerfing. So why they don't fix Trip Ticket Balloon, Kimart Wings, Patch of Love, Rose of Virtue?, they are all BUGS just like fg and wg set !

Honestly, this game screwed me up, so I have no reason to play this anymore.

None of those are bugs. they stayed the same before and after RoP patch.
edit: Also if losing the new bugged guardian screwed you up then you obliviously were already screwed up in the first place.

Edited by StormHaven, 26 August 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#223 g00ber

g00ber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Then your entire post is fairly invalidated. Wanna know why?

Read.

Thanks. I just read 9 pages trying to find what invalidated my post. Turns out I wasted all my time. My post was in response to the NEW compensation, not the original, which was that much worse.

I don't want to gamble for my items. I ground out my gold to buy the exact items I wanted. Giving me nothing but W-Coins could result in nothing but [Regular] items if you are unlucky. A straight up trade-in of the guardian set for the same slot angel/devil item is extremely reasonable. I would love to see someone successfully argue that it isn't.

How about all the money WP is gonna lose thanks to the free W-coins and Soul Boxes they're giving away.

First off the customer is always right. Sometimes you have to take a loss on something to keep your customers.

Secondly, despite what they are "losing", they will actually MAKE money off of this. Whether from an annoyed user that keeps buying W-Coins because they keep losing on the slot machine - err Mixboard. Or all the insurance scrolls / soulcraft randomizers that will be purchased in an attempt to replace the soulcraft options people lost - assuming they actually _win_ the [Advanced] set they want.

#224 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

First off the customer is always right.

that is the stupidest sentence ever uttered by people. It's the biggest double edged sword of sentences.
1. Unless you actually bought the $25 card during THQ you aren't a costumer.
2. People with the guardian sets complained they were bugged and so did the people without them
3. People both agree and disagree with the compensation so which costumer is more right in that situation.

Secondly, despite what they are "losing", they will actually MAKE money off of this. Whether from an annoyed user that keeps buying W-Coins because they keep losing on the slot machine - err Mixboard. Or all the insurance scrolls / soulcraft randomizers that will be purchased in an attempt to replace the soulcraft options people lost - assuming they actually _win_ the [Advanced] set they want.

Actually they can not make any money from it. If they person decides he/she wants spend more money it's their own decision and in no way is WP making them do that. and as standing 14 W-coins nets you almost 3 trys at the angel and other special sets.

off topic edit: my god. I don't think I've ever defended a companies decision so strongly.
more of this off topic edit and a snipe: By your username,avatar, and the way you type, I can safely assume you are between the ages of 10-12.

Edited by StormHaven, 26 August 2011 - 09:45 PM.

#225 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

Actually they can not make any money from it. If they person decides he/she wants spend more money it's their own decision and in no way is WP making them do that.

Well, IM sets are much more valued now, which improves revenue (moreso than Guardian sets which brought no revenue outside of upgrading), so in that sense he's right. But I don't see why that's a bad thing. The company needs to fix issues and bring in money at the same time, no reason to condemn them for it.

People are mad because their investment turned out to be bad. Understandable but that's life. But idk why people are thinking this forces them to pay money for sets; they can simply grind gold for IM sets just as they did for their Guardian sets.

I selfishly hope more people QQ for extra insurance and randomizers because my Guardian set is all Advanced and I'd love to benefit from the over-spenders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users