BIO3 Turn In - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BIO3 Turn In

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#51 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

Honestly you could heal slave a ranger in bio3 if you and the priest used the stairs. Just make sure you have immaterial arrow for hiwiz, shadow for priest, silver/holy for sinx/LK, and wind for MS. And plenty of traps that immobilize the target. Dont forget arrow repel is your best friend. ankle snare, arrow repel will get rid of monsters you do not want.

Same for genetic. I spent well over 300mil on acid bombs and bomb killed stuff in bio3 while HS myself while dual clienting my biochemist. It was hard but thats how i got my last few job levels.

Edited by Cubical, 07 September 2011 - 10:17 AM.

#52 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

*lols at all the noobs crying cuz bio's is hard...

At least meet the MVP's before you QQ.

But seriouly, don't go down there if you can't handle it.
Scaraba still give good xp without event.

#53 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

For the GX people: Why not blowing your Oblivion Curses now? o:

I will try bio3 very soon. It may be harder than pre-re, but it may be nice on the right party.

I lvled my GX at bio3, before the turn ins came about, it is nothing compared to pre-renewal. Honestly felt like a walk in the park. True, the dragonBabies/TurninBabies that are 140+ without an immune will have a tough time, but if u have good woe gear u should not have an issue. 7PM PST Party anyone?:P

#54 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

just tried it in a 7 man party, sorc/strings/genetic/2 abs/rk/sura - extremely easy, would be a complete breeze with more rks

Edited by Andini, 07 September 2011 - 11:17 AM.

#55 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

just tried it in a 7 man party, sorc/strings/genetic/2 abs/rk/sura - extremely easy, would be a complete breeze with more rks

Which MvP/God items were used?

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Bio doesn't really bother me, I like the idea of going to bio3 but hmm.... is the exp reward actually worth it? Or can I get more exp in the same amount of time soloing elsewhere?

#57 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

It really doesn't have anything to do with being hardcore enough, QQing, spoiled or anything else. It just isn't worth doing for that amount of exp. Anybody good enough to do bio 3 could get much more exp levelling on the other high end maps. Might as well call it what it is: the only reason to do it would be because you want the challenge/something different to do. And there's nothing wrong with that. It seems for most level ranges every other turn in is really useful, once a month of a good turn in event for any given character isn't bad in my book.

Don't pay too much to the glory day people, they take the game a bit too serious than the rest, especially when it comes how the game should play rather than how it plays. If they had their way, the game would run the way they want it HARDCORE no Q_Q and other redundant stuff. Too bad there isn't a "hardcore" server for these people be along amongst themselves and be happy, not like it wouldn't stop them from coming on the forums repeating the same stuff.

#58 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I wish the target kill numbers were lowered dramatically for bios 3.

#59 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

I wish the target kill numbers were lowered dramatically for bios 3.

Yeah, 200 of each would be much better. Keep the exp the same as the 400 quest.

#60 JohnBunny

JohnBunny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Completely stupid questions, but I'm just curious:

Is Bio3 single target the entire way, or is taking mobs of like 2-3 at ALL possible? What wipes people out usually?

#61 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

Next week I would love to have a discussion with those that actually tried the BIos turning about their thoughts on it and the monster fighting.

Someone asked about bios 4.. </maniacal laughter>

#62 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

could u increa. abit rachel sanc turn in? Avags-respwan and the reward exp

#63 Savantas

Savantas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

I must say bio3 aint that hard as people claim it is. It's just the skills of people have gone downwards from pre-renewall till now. I mean you just need Ventrillo. At least half decent equips and coordination. I went in with a party and people kept pulling and pulling, which is not the way to do bio3 since if you have 4 Kathryn going at you, well yea you will wipe.

Also AB that just can't pneuma, people that dont know when theres a Mastersmith Howard miniboss that you better wing from unless you are prepared. Keep running into the mvp while its clear she is in the east. I just don't get it. I think the TI made alot of people easy mode to 135+ with no skill at all.

#64 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Next week I would love to have a discussion with those that actually tried the BIos turning about their thoughts on it and the monster fighting.

Just did the Bio 3 quest. It IS doable (even with a party just formed in eden) but the exp rewards are hardly worth it. Max exp you could get from doing the turn in is around 150m (yes, that's with VIP and 3x BM). that's ONLY 150m. You could easily solo somewhere else and get that much (even more actually).

#65 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

where did GXs and Rangers went? had a little kitkat? dude we need to level too

Warg Bite?

#66 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

It's a fun turn-in as you have to actually pay attention or things get messy. The downside is this quest takes way too long. Pretty hard to finish this quest before someone vital in your party needs to leave. I figure it takes about 4 hrs of pure grind, in a awesome party. Considering people will leave and you need to wait for other guildies to log on, you're lucky to complete this turn-in every day.

Cutting the kill count to half(200) while keeping the exp the same would solve the exp/hr issue, when compared to other maps without a turn-in(scarabs).

#67 Ririna

Ririna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUruguay
  • Server:Valkyrie/Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

The quest is too long. 24 magaletas in one and a half hours... I was like... WTF?

I'd say it'd take days to finish this quest...

Scaraba is a lot better IMO.

#68 Savantas

Savantas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

I do agree on 400 being steep, I've been at it almost 4 hours now and my highest is 85 on the Priestess, and what Venruki said if you get a party going halfway people need to leave and you need to get new people. I think 200 with the same xp reward is a good option and might get people more excited towards the TI

#69 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

The problem with the TI is that 400 of each monster takes forever. Its not as casual as the other TIs. The party must have a specific group of chars before it leaves. Thats the main problem because once u have assembled them its still gonna take 5-8hours of hardcore lvling to finish that kill count. Most people can only play this game for a couple hours when they dont see progress. I was in a Bio party today and it took over an 1 hour to assemble a team. Our party died a few times cause all 3 MVPs were at the eden warp area. Unfortunately it discouraged a few people and they left. We finally managed to get the party going but after one hour our kill counts were still hovering between 25-60 kills. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize that a whole lot of hours to invest to do ONE TI. Most people will give up and wait next week or the week after for an easier TI to begin.

I'll admit that i have been spoiled with TI so much to the point its hard to go back to the grind style way of lvling. Its hard to go from 3-4 lvls a day in a couple hours of enjoyable partying(sometimes). The grind it out style of play that only produces maybe 25% exp a day of mind numbing, brain cell eating, boredom.

#70 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

Yes, actually... 400 is too damn much for this. And like the people said. You can get more exp on other maps.

At this rate, biolabs 3 event should be permanent, but with one week cooldown /gg

Okay, there is people that actually can handle it. I am needing to make a new weapon to this map [B> Savage Bebe cards PM Aiinsha on Valkyrie]. Even with 350k HP, I think the Nidhoggur event would be doable. But the exp/hour would not worth SO much.

This one too. 150m exp reward is GREAT, but. The map is sick. Maybe HP nerf and spawn boost to keep the difficulty the same but the turnin faster?

People can say Scarab 2 was too easy but. Biolabs 3's monsters have TWICE the HP as Scarabs.

Edited by asayuu, 07 September 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#71 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

Warg Bite?

This is the only place where warg bite would be useful as it teleports melee monsters there almost instantly.

Edit:

People can say Scarab 2 was too easy but. Biolabs 3's monsters have TWICE the HP as Scarabs.

You did your math wrong:

Lv	Monster			HP	Attack		Base	Job	Race	Attribute	Def	MDef	Hit	Flee
140	Eremes Guile		190,525	1,503 ~ 1,674	10,329	6,846	Demon	Poison 4	122	12	427	442
140	Margaretha Sorin	220,800	851 ~ 1,405	9,895	7,421	Human	Holy 3		108	93	414	414
141	Cecil Damon		190,255	1,158 ~ 1,406	10,103	7,577	Human	Wind 3		76	15	467	481
141	Kathryne Keyron		219,780	726 ~ 1,449	9,207	6,905	Human	Ghost 3		77	74	419	455
142	Howard Alt-Eisen	348,100	1,308 ~ 1,590	10,854	7,241	Human	Water 4		131	10	421	399
142	Seyren Windsor		194,962	1,670 ~ 1,987	10,386	7,790	Demon	Fire 3		166	12	411	449

vs
136	Antler Scarab		62,600	412 ~ 822	6,330	5,255	Insect	Earth 2		155	102	435	402
139	Rake Scarab		67,700	830 ~ 942	6,990	5,995	Insect	Earth 2		250	70	405	426

You can see that they have 3x the hp and damage (~9x harder than Scarabs) but only give 50% more exp. Hence, no one likes this TI. It just isn't rewarding enough as stated multiple times in the past (First brought up to Heim's attention during the ygg Q&A) and in this thread. If the monsters here were the absolute best place to level (title currently held by Scarabs even after 14.1) then no one would be complaining as it is the hardest place atm.

Edited by Clogon, 07 September 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#72 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Liek I said in the other post, they should have lowered the hp down like they did in the nyd dungon ti. These monster are 3x harder to kill then nyd dungon even with their full hp.

#73 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

150m exp for all the killcounts is just way to low and totally not worth investing your time into.
Only option would be to either raise the exp to double or triple what it is now, or decrease the difficulty.

Edited by Kirameki, 07 September 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#74 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

If RG's were not panzees who love to solo everything, they'd actually get Sacrifice and actually contribute to protecting party members from mobs like those in Bio3. This is one reason why I can't wait for the balance patches' nerf to RG's, because it'll force some RG's to revert to defensive/supportive roles once they get to those higher levels. I remember how there were so many Sac Pallies back in Pre-Renewal.

What are you talking about having sacrifice makes you a pansy, if you have that skill then mostlikely you're dependant on others because you don't have any good skills left. Sacrifice would eat up my whole entire skill tree.

#75 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

We had a party of 12 of the Ygg server and couldn't even start because the entrance had the MVP on it. Even after the MVP was out of the way, people just quit because it was taking too long to get together and the monsters were just clearing out everyone. Sad day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users