Where is the Skill update Test patch? - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where is the Skill update Test patch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#26 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

No one really obligated to lvl on ti's, just as much as no one obligated to do mvp runs or grind *back when ti's weren't really available. At least you have a choice to do it or not. Always. Just saying lol. And that haircut....

Edited by Ramen19, 20 September 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#27 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

How about when we get it, you post a full detailed of what exactly changed for us and we call it even.

#28 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

^ Until then, no more money from me for VIP.

#29 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

^ Until then, no more money from me for VIP.

lol... isn't VIP like 7 dollars per month?

#30 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

You can't choose $7.00. You can choose $5 or $10. =/

#31 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

we should all take a :o and send it to HQ in korea to let them know what we think of them ^^

I would like to bring back my idea of sending me and Heim over their (which might cause WW3) -_-

#32 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Ohh... let me re-phrase it then...

isn't VIP like 10 dollars per month?

#33 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Don't you work?

#34 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

Don't you work?

Every Household is different I'm afraid...

But in any case, this is not about VIP or such... Heim is just letting us know that Balance patch is not here yet so we have no choice but to wait...

#35 Orath

Orath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

Can we please have a 2x drop event since we didn't get the skill balance patch as promised? ;-)

ewwww irather go with a 2x exp than drops....

#36 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Dropsssss lol. Drops = so bad ass D; I want it -_-

#37 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Can we please have a 2x drop event since we didn't get the skill balance patch as promised? ;-)

Ok.

-_- Is this for real?

#38 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

2x drops is good but not with HE gum AND BB's that are currently on sale. Please wait till those are removed. thanks!

#39 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

The skill balance will be a good 1st step I'm sure but I am absolutely sure it will not be the end of balance requests from us.

The TIs were to help relieve some of the doldrum and make it a bit more possible to level and stay current with everyone. But I want to do more that is attractive to you players, Snewt what you said very much keys in with why I want to do more. WoE is a big deal in RO but should not be the only thing that is attractive to logging in and playing, I want more people wanting to take part at least a few nights a week (if they can't do every day).

Events are fine, but we spend 2-3 weeks developing an event and at most it takes like 4 hours for a player to complete it, so there really is no way we can "out event" your playtime, the key is repeatable content that is fun and permanent. We don't have a squadron of designers, planners and scripters to make our events here, so we have to be smart with what we plan so that we can get them implemented on time and that they are fun.

So what sort of game play systems is RO not delivering right now that would be of personal fun benefit to you?

#40 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

How do you know they won't be removed?

#41 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

So when are we getting the Gunslinger and Ninja second Classes

#42 Kayoss

Kayoss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

The skill balance will be a good 1st step I'm sure but I am absolutely sure it will not be the end of balance requests from us.

The TIs were to help relieve some of the doldrum and make it a bit more possible to level and stay current with everyone. But I want to do more that is attractive to you players, Snewt what you said very much keys in with why I want to do more. WoE is a big deal in RO but should not be the only thing that is attractive to logging in and playing, I want more people wanting to take part at least a few nights a week (if they can't do every day).

Events are fine, but we spend 2-3 weeks developing an event and at most it takes like 4 hours for a player to complete it, so there really is no way we can "out event" your playtime, the key is repeatable content that is fun and permanent. We don't have a squadron of designers, planners and scripters to make our events here, so we have to be smart with what we plan so that we can get them implemented on time and that they are fun.

So what sort of game play systems is RO not delivering right now that would be of personal fun benefit to you?

Honestly more dungeons like ET, but have them set up for people in different share ranges. That way everyone can go through, get some decent gears, make some good exp, etc... Put them on a 12-48 hour cycle. Long enough for people not to camp them all day, but short enough that people can do them more than once a week. I know people will complain about how the MVPs will be over saturated, but honestly that's the best thing I can think of. Like lvls 1-25 for 75-95 lvls 26-50 for 95-115 lvls 51-75 for 115-135 and lvls 76-100 for 135+... maybe alter the mobs so they're more in line with peoples levels. Increase the exp of the MVPs but make the drops halved. Maybe set up one that's half the exp and 2x drops... I dunno just throwing ideas out here off the top of my head to get people to play more and party more.

*Just to clarify, these would be separate from ET... (different dungeons so to speak)

Edited by Kayoss, 20 September 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#43 Furan

Furan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

So, are the rwc/groove packs changing contents?

#44 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

A better friend system.

A easier to establish /recruit and such.

Items in the woe chest that make people want to keep woe.

Ummm establishing things that keep the game balanced in terms of bought items vs in game items. Most games that want to keep long term players will put in the best gear in game.

Updating the battle grounds gear to reflect the renewal.

putting in a way for us to suggest stuff, and way to know if you have taken the suggestions.

quarterly updates kinda like you did with your "future of ragnarok" so that people know what might be coming.

#45 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

So when are we getting the Gunslinger and Ninja second Classes

They haven't been put in any servers so we won't be getting them anytime soon. There are only small previews for the ninja second class and nothing on the gunslinger class really except old concept art.

#46 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hey Heim Let the Bloody Branches dim down alot before Drop event Trust me on this. It will not bode well

#47 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'd like to be able to write with my native language's proper grammar.

I can't use á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, ü (both small and capital letters), french friends can't use ç, â, ê, î, ô, û, à, è, ì, ò, ù; and every time we write properly in our native languages, we get an error and are forced to write in an insulting way for our native languages. This is supposed to be International Ragnarok Online, and I bet 60% of server's players are not English native speakers, so please, show a little consideration and respect to us by allowing us to write with the proper stress marks in our own languages.

Other think I'd really like is to be able to deactivate damage numbers from appearing in my screen (WoE like), so I don't get lagged when partying (or disconnected) due to the big ammount of graphics processed in the screen (even with /effects off... I play in a netbook and a lot of people play in old computers as well... That's the main reason they started playing ragnarok, due to the low graphic card requirement of this game -_- )

Regarding to skills update... I know we already have a free reset with the mesmerist, but... I'm saving that reset for when I get my char to 150/50 (as a lot of people is doing), but, are you planning to give us an extra reset to fix the changes that are going to screw our leveling build and then get the original reset to get our WoE build? (just asking, don't crucify me on this)

Thanks in advance

Edited by JStoneheart, 20 September 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#48 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

Don't you work?

I do work but at this point that $10 could be better spent on groceries or gas since I have no desire to play RO in its current state.

As far as other things I'd like to see, and I know this has been said a lot recently, we need another zeny sink. And I'm also concerned about the whole selling WPE for Zeny too- it's nearly impossible to sell anything that isn't a Cash shop item or a WPE code, which ends up making some monster drops worth less than they probably should be worth.

I do like the turn-in events, but I am just BURNED out right now. Thankfully, by choosing to take a break from it once in awhile, I can be confident that I won't miss out for too long if I'm stuck between level ranges.

Overlook Byalan dungeon? GREAT Idea. I'd like to see this done with other dungeons that have desirable cards (maybe sunken ship? I still consider the following cards to be somewhat useful: Kukre, Hydra, Whisper, Penomena, Pirate Skel (for valk helm creation). Heck, I just like sunken ship a lot, I wish I knew the story about it -_- Maybe that could be a forum event for an upcoming quest!

The reason I bring up the forum event things for quests is because the Christmas Quest last year was created by a player- when you give your players a chance to give you the ideas to do the programming off of, it makes things more interesting for everyone.

The MVP summoner I also like a lot, BUT, the problem lies within getting some summoning materials- perhaps you could put in some kind of exchange NPC or a daily quest so that some materials (tiger skin, gemstone) are easier to obtain (eddga and tao gunka are camped constantly and there is little to no chance of a regular player who wants to kill these mvps of ever getting 1 let alone 2 of the summoning items required).

In all honesty, it could be that I am just losing interest in this game- I have been playing since 2004 (...maybe it was 2005).

Edited by Snewt, 21 September 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#49 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

=S

#50 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

I'd like to be able to write with my native language's proper grammar.

I can't use á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, ü (both small and capital letters), french friends can't use ç, â, ê, î, ô, û, à, è, ì, ò, ù; and every time we write properly in our native languages, we get an error and are forced to write in an insulting way for our native languages. This is supposed to be International Ragnarok Online, and I bet 60% of server's players are not English native speakers, so please, show a little consideration and respect to us by allowing us to write with the proper stress marks in our own languages.

THIS
The irony is that accents are allowed by the client when used alone, in order to create emosmileys I guess ^_^'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users