Where is the Skill update Test patch? - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where is the Skill update Test patch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#51 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

This is supposed to be International Ragnarok Online, and I bet 60% of server's players are not English native speakers, so please, show a little consideration and respect to us by allowing us to write with the proper stress marks in our own languages.

This is actually north-american RO. The server was named before Franchising rights started going to other counties, back when it was just jRO-kRO-iRO. Since other counties and regions each have their own franchise now, we aren't international. We are essentially north american RO but not region restricted, so people in europe who don't want to play euRO (which is basically french) come here, as well as Australians, who had their server closed. people from the Phillipines also play here because their server (pRO) sucks badly. Australians and most europeans speak english, so it makes sense for the official language of iRO to be english. I am not sure why characters are restricted the way they are. It may have something to do with shrinking the size of reading packets or something if its a simpler character set. I am not sure.

Edited by Jaye, 21 September 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#52 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'd like to be able to write with my native language's proper grammar.

I can't use á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, ü (both small and capital letters), french friends can't use ç, â, ê, î, ô, û, à, è, ì, ò, ù; and every time we write properly in our native languages, we get an error and are forced to write in an insulting way for our native languages. This is supposed to be International Ragnarok Online, and I bet 60% of server's players are not English native speakers, so please, show a little consideration and respect to us by allowing us to write with the proper stress marks in our own languages.

Other think I'd really like is to be able to deactivate damage numbers from appearing in my screen (WoE like), so I don't get lagged when partying (or disconnected) due to the big ammount of graphics processed in the screen (even with /effects off... I play in a netbook and a lot of people play in old computers as well... That's the main reason they started playing ragnarok, due to the low graphic card requirement of this game :o )

Regarding to skills update... I know we already have a free reset with the mesmerist, but... I'm saving that reset for when I get my char to 150/50 (as a lot of people is doing), but, are you planning to give us an extra reset to fix the changes that are going to screw our leveling build and then get the original reset to get our WoE build? (just asking, don't crucify me on this)

Thanks in advance

ö, ä, ü, �?
and
�?, š, ž, �? please :�?

I think this was already replied to once with a negative answer, but don't remember what the basis was.

EDIT: oh wow, even the forums don't know some of these -_-

Edited by Charon, 21 September 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#53 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

I know private servers are used to hex their client to allow people to use such characters. That's not hard for the dev team I think.

#54 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

ö, ä, ü, �?
and
�?, š, ž, �? please :�?

I think this was already replied to once with a negative answer, but don't remember what the basis was.

EDIT: oh wow, even the forums don't know some of these -_-

depends on the charset.., if some characters aren't supported in unicode or utf-8 you're never really going to see support for them in an international game...

#55 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

depends on the charset.., if some characters aren't supported in unicode or utf-8 you're never really going to see support for them in an international game...

they're all there. o:

#56 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

I know private servers are used to hex their client to allow people to use such characters. That's not hard for the dev team I think.

Before euRO closed, I played there - and any characters worked. Not only the german ä, ü, ö and �... And next to iRO, this was the only server that supported several countries/languages for quite a time, compared to today (and the "new euRO" a ka fRO) it even was the server with the most chooseable languages from the Gamescript, meaning NPC's and chatmessages (German, English, Italien, Turkish and even France before fRO started). It worked well!
Some were forbidden for Char creation and Guild names though, because they wanted to prevent any problems with someone not able to write down the Name of a character (for example for a report or whispering). There's also no way that you can use this characters for a Char-Name. But you can name your guild and your shops with such characters - which means that the game has no problem at all displaying them.
I can understand that the GM's want the players only writing in english, but there are ways to write this characters down even though (ä becomes ae, ü becomes ue, ö becomes oe and � becomes ss), but it's annoying and if you're in a guild that only has players of your country (like I'm in a german guild), you can't expect the players do speak their language in the guild chat o.O
It's hard enough that we can't even write every word because of the foul language filter XD
Because the german word for "less" - "weniger" gets somehow rejected... ;3

Anyway, I'm playing on a non german server and I accept that I may not be able to write german characters. I'm thankfull that I can play on the international server (and it IS an international server, no matter how many players are from the US. Only think of the australian players who got an official transfer from oRO to iRO after their server close! If there's a country that no server has the lincense for - the proper server is iRO. Ever was, ever will be ^^)
Still, it would be nice and I don't see a reason against it honestly...
At least for those characters that can be displayed (I understand that it may be too much work for all characters, but at least those that the font is capable of...)

#57 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

It will be fun to write in Kanji/Katakana/Hiragan for once...

I tried to write in ancient Greek and old Latin and sometimes it doesn't let me either.

#58 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Can you think of all the spam, and the annoying things people will do if you allow every language set?

Out of all the things that ro is missing, character sets are what you think we need the most?

#59 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Is the balance patch coming along with 14.1??

#60 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

i have a feeling that balance patch is going to come in a pack with all the iRO requested changes (14.1, costume etc.)

Edited by zr0rieu, 22 September 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#61 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

its not your fault heim, we're always on the back burner because we're not the main 'korean' servers

i think i speak for alot of us when i say, try to get the skill update to us as bug free as possible this way we can have less problems and get more done with 'our own' balancing

This is actually north-american RO. The server was named before Franchising rights started going to other counties, back when it was just jRO-kRO-iRO. Since other counties and regions each have their own franchise now, we aren't international. We are essentially north american RO but not region restricted, so people in europe who don't want to play euRO (which is basically french) come here, as well as Australians, who had their server closed. people from the Phillipines also play here because their server (pRO) sucks badly. Australians and most europeans speak english, so it makes sense for the official language of iRO to be english. I am not sure why characters are restricted the way they are. It may have something to do with shrinking the size of reading packets or something if its a simpler character set. I am not sure.

^^^^

multi language support in the client is something multi lingual speakers should talk with heim about. It wont be a high priority thing, but i dont think its un reasonable

Edited by Cubical, 22 September 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#62 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

multi language support in the client is something multi lingual speakers should talk with heim about. It wont be a high priority thing, but i dont think its un reasonable

Yes... I wanna be able to write in latin and greek... most of spells are written in ancient latin and some on ancient greek >_>

And it seems like the whole combo balance/14.1 is more likely to be the one we gonna get from HQ =S

#63 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

About the languages thing, I think there is a way around it. Pretty sure there is. Because the character that looks like "AE" as one character was used as a guild name on Valkyrie. (An ancestor of Jinx guild)
And I think you can still type it in public chat with the same workaround.
*goes to test*

Edit:
The workaround still works for characters like
é and stuff, but because I'm on a mac, I don't really want to figure out why it came out with other characters. Probably works "as intended" on a PC... but yeah.

Edited by Mosu, 22 September 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#64 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

well while were discussing upcoming changes... any idea if were getting the replay client?

#65 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

Oh I know the best and most awesome thing you can add to the game. I hope that everyone just agrees cus this would save a lot of headache.

right under, next to, whatever of the map add the local time of ragnarok. That would western, but there is a ton of people that this would help with.

It would let you know exactly when your quest timers are up,
it would allow people to plan parties easier,
it would tell people exactly when woe starts,
it gives them a in game clock to keep thier time of how long they are playing,
it gives you something to time your mvp off of.

Most games have it and I think it would be a fantastic addition to ro.

#66 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:38 PM

Its great to have visibility of whats going in the background with the skill update, thanks for that.

Just a simple little thing that could use an update while looking at it i guess, around woe and supplies.

Theres some guild relay quest you can do, I forget the specifics other than it not being worth the effort of putting the team together. Maybe that could be updated to tie into the new WPS coupons, eden badges or something? Like give a good reward but require some of those as well.

Having a little mini quest (thats not too tedious) could be good.

#67 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

To expand on what Snewt said earlier. I really liked Overlook dungeon. I would love to see more dungeons get a instance similar to this. It's a shame most of the RO world is not even used. There is a lot of interesting dungeons out there that I bet there is a ton of people don't even know about.

#68 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

I would like that RO Map window [the option "Map"] to have some more options.

1- Adding the towns of Amatsu, Kunlun, Louyang, Ayothaya, Brasilis and Dewata, for at least people know they exist.
2- The ability to find Guild members, instead of only party members, on that map.
3- If a character enters in a dungeon, the map could show the position of the character on the map he entered the dungeon. [Like, if I enter on Geffenia or Geffen Tower, the map would mark me in Geffen, but it should give an advice about the fact I am in one of the dungeons.] Also, you disappear of the town map if you enter a house in that town.

And about the game.

Well, I love the permanent turnin idea, because it makes people actually party a little more than before. The idea of changing maps every week makes the people actually explore the game, instead of being stuck in only one place.

But I see the variety of monsters is coming down, to the point of repeating quests started. This is due to the fact there are very few high-level dungeons. Maybe some monsters of the lower ranges could level up a little, just to fit this situation. [Example: Making Thor3 (Actual 130-140), NI3 (120-130), Dimensional Gorge (130-140), Thanatos Tower (110-120) and Abyss3 (110-120) pure 140+ maps, which would open brand new options to both normal grinding and turnins.] There are too many monsters below level 100, and too few monsters over 125. Any problems, level up those crappy Expansion Town monsters to the 100~120 range~~~~

More "Lore" quests. With decent rewards (I'm not only talking about EXP here). Long quests [in theory, people nowadays spam seals] like the seals, with specific level ranges and decent rewards.

More daily quest things like the El Dicastes Sapha quests. Giving decent job EXP please.

Making most MVP loots and some cards useful again. Even if this mean making new things with more slots than the usual [Combat Knife [2] anyone? /rice] Any problem make those gears needing to be slot-enchanted and make good money with slot advertisements

Actual guild dungeons are level 70~100 [WOE-1] and 90-120 [WOE-2]. Most guilds do not even accept those levels on a guild.

More craftable things. New weapons for Blacksmiths, new potions for Alchemists/Genetics, more stat foods [Stat foods with mixed stats].

Remake the Aldebaran Kafra reserve points service thing. Who would blow teleport points on RED POTIONS? Also make it a way to make possible to add those custom Kafra cards on that thing. Killing Kafras is ugly~ D:

Add more minigames. Remake Turbo Track, Izlude Arena, and the Hugel Minigames. Make they have the same currency [Prize Medals]. Give new rewards.

Also. It seems we will never see a Renewal RWC, because each server has its own changes, and this makes it... Impossible to make them a unique server. Even if those balances really balance the thing.

#69 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Maybe I'll go support build for all my chars...

#70 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

what about re-design the gear def? imean, noone cares about def anymore, people just upgrade stuff for those flashy extras in the new gears

and for love of god, fix the bowling bash grid problem, i mean, its a 9 years problem, redesign the skill if necessary

#71 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

Everyone is looking for the skill patch...

Posted Image

#72 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

bring back old school RO.

#73 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

I agree with most of what asayuu posted. Making changes like that would be nice, even if it was one small part at a time.

I would like that RO Map window [the option "Map"] to have some more options.

1- Adding the towns of Amatsu, Kunlun, Louyang, Ayothaya, Brasilis and Dewata, for at least people know they exist.

This part however made me wonder. How much of the map found in Thanatos Tower have we covered now?
Posted Image (backward version)
The image is small, but I think it is pretty obvious that our current world map only covers a small portion of this.

#74 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

So what sort of game play systems is RO not delivering right now that would be of personal fun benefit to you?

Working as intended?

Some
of the posts within the above thread, have relevance to your question. (For at least one or two aspects?) Plenty of wall text though. Skim through it if you have a moment to.

#75 Jaggudada

Jaggudada

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEternia

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

i demand 4th class.. where sage class have faster spells with more damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users