Where is the Skill update Test patch? - Page 5 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where is the Skill update Test patch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#101 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

thanks for the update Hiem.

Also since you havent had time to read over the suggestions I thought I would add one more.

I think it would be cool if like guild chat we had an alliance chat.

#102 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

The ingame clock is something I would want as well. Right now the time keeping system is a little clunky we have to do timers based on number of seconds rather than a "real time" thing. That doesn't sound like a problem until you try to make something happen at 5pm, but I instead have to kickstart it and have it then do a count down timer for many thousands of seconds to actually start at 5pm.. And sometimes the server forgets where it was in the countdown (hi there Rune Knight quest). Certainly a better timer system would be glorious.

About Alliance chat. I don't know for certain but I know some of the updates for WoE are more focused on alliance rather than guild, perhaps that chat feature will be a natural extension of that.

I do need everyones help though, we will be putting up update notes next week for stuff, and our web traffic is in the normal yearly school start slump. I need everyone to spread the word on forums and facebook so we can get those players eyes back on us and we end 2011 as our best year yet!
I hope I have many of your support in spreading that word about RO, when you guys and gals tell your friends to check something out it is more potent than us telling 20+ people, it is also better from a money efficiency standpoint. We of course will reward you for bringing your friends here too.

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=127

#103 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

it prob will come out by the time diablo 3 will come out, and at that point it wont matter for a lot of people

RO > Dio3 :waddle:

Anyways, i see Gravity staff showing up on forums more and more nowadays. I like where this is going!

#104 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

can we get some extra international characters like ñ ¿ ¡ á é í ó ú ? .. etc. please?

Edited by LeonFlare, 06 October 2011 - 01:11 AM.

#105 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

The ingame clock is something I would want as well. Right now the time keeping system is a little clunky we have to do timers based on number of seconds rather than a "real time" thing. That doesn't sound like a problem until you try to make something.....
.... and gals tell your friends to check something out it is more potent than us telling 20+ people, it is also better from a money efficiency standpoint. We of course will reward you for bringing your friends here too.

I think its awesome that you read both my ideas and answered.

Thank you Hiem.

#106 eminnerick

eminnerick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

In regards to sc.
Since the class is getting killed.
Why not take away rks easy 193 aspd.
And why give proc increase ASpd headgear to make up for it in other classes? Why not just raise there attack speed.
Or take off the Sheild redux.
Pretty sure I could swing a dagger faster then a two hand sword, or a spear.
Keep firetraps neutral.
Rks still got dragon breath.
And double sp on copied skills is retarded.
They are the copy class...

#107 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

Ok.

YES THANK YOU!!!!!

Lol i dont want to sound like im complaining with this XD

I have gotten the twin Naght Siegar Blades and when i equip them on my sin, they just show up as normail swords, if i equip them on there own, they show but if i dual equip them, no AWESOMESAUCE sprites XD

Is a chance that you will be making them both Visible?

OH lol also in regards to "back items"

OMG YES!!!

PLZ MAKE AWESOMLOOKINGWINGSTHEYWHOULDBESOGODDAMEDCOOLIWHOULDFLIPOUTMUCHLIKEIMDOINGNOW!!!!!!!!

But please dont make them a rental item i whould probly QQ

OHH and abut retal items XD

It whould be AMAZEING if you chould make the halter leads for Individual mounts as opposed to a pre-set mount per class system, i think

1) THATWHOULDBEEPIC

2) your halter lead sales whould sky rocket, i know about 80% of the players i know dont use them anymore coz they hate the mounts there stuck with XD

Thank you Heim

Exile

Edited by TheLastExile, 10 October 2011 - 06:21 AM.

#108 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:23 AM

Guys stop talking about non-topic things, Heim, can you give us an idea of when the balance patch is coming?,we have been waiting a lot for it. Please give an aproximated date.

*points to Heims first post* it says and im paraphrasing now... WEDONTHAVEADAMEDIDEAATMSOSTFUANDWAITKAY?!?!

#109 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

kRO's patch management division seems rather disorganized.

Its probly becouse they dont really care about us, they make maso of there money from the Asia/Korea market so we just get thrown on the "Can't be assed atm" pile

#110 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

i still waiting :(

#111 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

am i the only one saddened by enchant blade being self only? D:

#112 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

am i the only one saddened by enchant blade being self only? D:

Iam not =D

#113 Neno

Neno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Ahem.. Time for a first post ever on this forum.
I have one thing I really dislike. It's that you guys don't think ahead. Skill nerfs, call it balance patch. Well if I knew my fav. class was gonna end up like this, I might have chosen some other class. How much of my time are you going to waste?!

Secondly. Sura nerf. buuh. Everyone evaluates sura under the comsumption that they stack 2 megs. You know that Sura needs top gear to compete, yeah? A geneticist is way better than Sura, if they both equipped Eden gear. I'm mainly thinking vs. mvp.

Think ahead. Ain't it embarassing to be forced do sudden changes, like you did with the Drooping Alice hat? What the hell.

Playing this game feels like im buying broken merchandise on a weekly basis lol

Edited by Neno, 14 October 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#114 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Secondly. Sura nerf. buuh. Everyone evaluates sura under the comsumption that they stack 2 megs. You know that Sura needs top gear to compete, yeah? A geneticist is way better than Sura, if they both equipped Eden gear. I'm mainly thinking vs. mvp.

Your argument is invalid because no Sura uses Eden gears anymore. People are aware that Sura takes hell of a lot of funding to run and they use their main characters to fund it first before making one. How the hell is Genetic better than Suras? Ever seen a Knuckle Arrow Sura? They kill MvPs pretty fast because all MvPs take full damage from KA.... Don't even get me started on Suras that are able to do 2mil Gfists... :wacko:

#115 Neno

Neno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Your argument is invalid because no Sura uses Eden gears anymore. People are aware that Sura takes hell of a lot of funding to run and they use their main characters to fund it first before making one. How the hell is Genetic better than Suras? Ever seen a Knuckle Arrow Sura? They kill MvPs pretty fast because all MvPs take full damage from KA.... Don't even get me started on Suras that are able to do 2mil Gfists... :wacko:

Can't expect every damn single player to get OP gear like that. Proventing Sura to get OP like that should be done in a different matter. Not everyone wants to use both WPE and play 24/7 to obtain that gear. Why am i mentioning Eden gear? Because it's the best gear provided for players 'till quite a high level, and a way to compare the two.

Edited by Neno, 14 October 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#116 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

actually i dont know what happend with the change to the job exp curve, where when you get level 150 you must be already job 50, anyone knows?

#117 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

Its pretty much taken care of with the TI events. you can reach j50 at base 130 if you really want to. Its certainly a much simpler implementation than a radical revamp of the exp & jexp tables and i think the TI's are the result of those discussions a while ago.

#118 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

The thing is, there were different job tables at first when renewal was implemented on kRO. And guess what. They had job starting faster and ending up at about 145 base.

#119 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the current job exp table? I don't recall being able to get job 70 before 99 pre renewal... I like still having something to do even at 150.

#120 Flook

Flook

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:iRO-Ymir

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

i split all my eden TIs between base and job and did some leveling on the side but i came up with 150/48 around the second Scarab TI and then job 50 the day after.

#121 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

I am hopeful that we will have the public testing up by October 18th. It could be sooner, but I'm not counting on that with the RWC tournament and such going on.

Hope you'll make this happen next maintenance!

#122 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

heim's still in korea so probably not

#123 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

The game is in terrible state with the zenny spammers and preteen rg and sura stroking their epeens... all my friends would quit again if they ask them to come back :)

#124 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

The game is in terrible state with the zenny spammers and preteen rg and sura stroking their epeens... all my friends would quit again if they ask them to come back :)

There are no zeny spammers on Ymir, and things will be better once we got the balance patch. If you think this game is in a "terrible state", then simply don't play.

#125 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

gate of hell wasnt even really addressed in the balance patch <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users