iRO Post-Balance formulas - Page 3 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

iRO Post-Balance formulas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#51 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

@Mefistofeles:
5% + 5*5 = 30%, how did u get 50%? Don'tforget that it is greatly reduced by vit.

PW formula is unchanged.

I really think you have trouble with math: (5*2+8)*4=72. Striking's Atk is increased when the caster knows endow not the target. This is unchanged. Total atk on a lvl 4 weapon is 5*25+(5*2+8)*4=172 not much different from the current 175 but more reliant on weapon level.

Ventus clearly says it reduces fixed casting time by 1s or am I missing something?

That is the unchanged manual cast GoH formula. It has always been affected by current sp and b.lvl. What changed was only the comboed version of it from

ATK [(Skill Level x 500) x Caster's Base Level / 100] % + (Caster's Max HP - Caster's Current HP) + (Caster's Max SP x Damage modifier) + (Caster's Base Level x 20)

to

ATK [(Skill Level x 800) x Caster�??s Base Level / 100] % + (Caster�??s Max HP - Caster�??s Current HP) + (Caster�??s Max SP x Damage Modifier) + (Caster�??s Base Level x 40)

@zr0rieu:
Though they are untouched it'd still be nice to know the damage mods of their skills. XD

Edit:
I don't like how kRO likes lying to us.

Windmill Rush and Moonlight Serenade are unchanged. Instead, they changed Echo Song and possibly Lover's Symphony. <.<

Edited by Clogon, 23 October 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#52 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

A lot of calculations that you've done are HIGHLY incorrect mefisto. I'm not even going to point them out as those are obvious trolls.

Bah you beat me to it.

Yes Ventus spirit is unchanged for the cast reduction everyone is fond of.

#53 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

@Mefistofeles:
5% + 5*5 = 30%, how did u get 50%? Don'tforget that it is greatly reduced by vit.

PW formula is unchanged.

I really think you have trouble with math: (5*2+8)*4=72. Striking's Atk is increased when the caster knows endow not the target. This is unchanged. Total atk on a lvl 4 weapon is 5*25+(5*2+8)*4=172 not much different from the current 175 but more reliant on weapon level.

Ventus clearly says it reduces fixed casting time by 1s or am I missing something?

That is the unchanged manual cast GoH formula. It has always been affected by current sp and b.lvl. What changed was only the comboed version of it from

ATK [(Skill Level x 500) x Caster's Base Level / 100] % + (Caster's Max HP - Caster's Current HP) + (Caster's Max SP x Damage modifier) + (Caster's Base Level x 20)

to

ATK [(Skill Level x 800) x Caster�??s Base Level / 100] % + (Caster�??s Max HP - Caster�??s Current HP) + (Caster�??s Max SP x Damage Modifier) + (Caster�??s Base Level x 40)

@zr0rieu:
Though they are untouched it'd still be nice to know the damage mods of their skills. XD

true i was wrong about diamond dust....>.< but about ventus it doenst says exactly wich levels enables the cast time reduction but as far i read its for level 1 and 3

AND------- i remenber that the MAGICAL DEFENSE was the new stat that reduce the crystalitation succes rate and not the vit.... but that patch note doenst says if its hard mdef or global or just softh etc...

Edited by Mefistofeles, 23 October 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#54 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Ventus (Wind Elemental) Level 1 ~ 3, Caster�??s Bonus Stat: 5 ASPD increase and 1 second Fixed Cast time reduction

You should read what you post...

#55 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

You should read what you post...

1~3 can be from 1 to 3 or only 1 and 3......... thats why i asked >_>

#56 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

A~B is always used on the interwebs to indicate the value range because �?? and - are too difficult to tell apart. �?? also cannot be found on a normal keyboard (Unicode char map is required) so ~ is best.

Edit:
I can't even post the damned symbol for between Ranges. <.<

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash

Edited by Clogon, 23 October 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#57 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

wtb unicode settings on WP forums

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 October 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#58 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

wtb unicode settings on WP forums

I put in a request for it

#59 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Also I would like to reiterate that players are advised to TEST THE FORMULAS when they are implemented on iRO Sakray.

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 October 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#60 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

Also I would like to reiterate that players are advised to TEST THE FORMULAS when they are implemented on iRO Sakray.

i will, but can some any gm do that "in-game"? becouse only the .3% of players are forum users >_<

and you are learning my system caps :waddle:

Edited by Mefistofeles, 23 October 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#61 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

cast time reduction and ASPD bonus refers to Level 1 through 3 summons.

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 October 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#62 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Looking at these formulas. I find it hard notice any improvement in warlock/ sorcerer skils/ damage.
Wasnt comet supposed to be buffed. I assumed it would do damage comparable to crimson rock. which at worst case ( 100 base level ) deals 2800% damage.

Edited by Zinja, 23 October 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#63 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Comet was sort of buffed. U deal full damage if there is a nearby WL in party otherwise nothing else changed. it still sucks quite a bit.

Edited by Clogon, 24 October 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#64 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

there's a catch though. Both the warlocks need to have learned comet or else that option will not kick in.

#65 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

Some of the formulas use Caster's Base STAT to calculate damage, success or duration of skills. I'll revise the information and add that extra information in.

Edit: Added Crush Strike damage formula duration.
Added extra information in Genetic: Cart Tornado damage formula.
Added extra information in Wanderer/Maestro: Deep Sleep Lullaby duration formula.
Added extra information in Sorcerer: Vacuum Extreme and Arullo duration formulas.

Edited by zr0rieu, 24 October 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#66 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Yay finally a crushstrike formula. Now I know why it hurts so much with a +12 glorious weapon!

Edit:
I see no change from the previous cart tornado formula.

Edit:
Good to know that Cruch Strike is also much stronger than the exceed break weapon switching.

Edited by Clogon, 24 October 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#67 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

This Crush Strike formula.

When it shows "weapon attack", it is only the weapon base attack or it counts bonus like Porcellio Card / BSB combo / etc.

Also, in both cases, the Doom Slayer weapon [weapon base attack 10, going to 350 if STR is over 95]. The bonus would be the 10 or the 350?

#68 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yay finally a crushstrike formula. Now I know why it hurts so much with a +12 glorious weapon!

Edit:
I see no change from the previous cart tornado formula.

Edit:
Good to know that Cruch Strike is also much stronger than the exceed break weapon switching.

it must...... since it cost materials.... BUT it should keep having the chance to break the weapon, even if it is a kvm+100 and fchp

#69 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

@ Clogon
I listed Cart Tornado's formula as ATK [( Skill Level x 50 ) + ( Cart Weight / ( 150 - Caster's STR ))] + ( Cart Remodeling Skill Level x 50 )] % prior. I've added in ATK [( Skill Level x 50 ) + ( Cart Weight / ( 150 - Caster's Base STR ))] + ( Cart Remodeling Skill Level x 50 )] %.

Regarding Crush Strike formula, it takes your total ATK, amplified by ATK [{Weapon Level * (Weapon Upgrade Level + 6) * 100} + (Weapon ATK) + (Weapon Weight)]%. Weapon ATK portion will not include equipment ATK.

Edited by zr0rieu, 24 October 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#70 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Chain Lightning's formula must be wrong...

As of right now, it deals 25.5*MATK but in your formula, you got 15.5*MATK after balance patch... either it got nerf or the formula is wrong to begin with...

#71 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Mmm... So Doom Slayer is useless for Crush Strike, because the "340 bonus" seems to be considered equipment attack, while the weapon attack is only 10... So maybe the best weapon on these settings may be the Hurricane Fury.

Edit with calculations: Cardo (710% bonus), Hurricane Fury (682% bonus) and that 2000 weight spear (2020% bonus) seem to be the best weapons for this formula. Well, in theory. But any level 4 weapon in high upgrades with high combination of Atk+Weight may deal a relative high damage.

When the things go to the KVM, they can even really pack powerful damage even without the weight bonus. Heh~ >.<

#72 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Chain Lightning's formula must be wrong...

As of right now, it deals 25.5*MATK but in your formula, you got 15.5*MATK after balance patch... either it got nerf or the formula is wrong to begin with...

/facepalm
Why don't you actually read the formula before you start jumping to conclusion that it's wrong. Seriously it's not hard to read a god damn 9 lines.

#73 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'd like to remind people that these translations are directly from kRO HQ Documentation, nothing is made up. The only possibility is a transcription or slide error on decimals, in other words a typo.

Edited by Inubashiri, 24 October 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#74 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

I'd like to remind people that these translations are directly from kRO HQ Documentation, nothing is made up. The only possibility is a transcription or slide error on decimals, in other words a typo.

Oh I know that but you can also see mistakes they made like saying they changed Moonlight serenade and Windmill wish when they changed Echo Song and Loverâ??s Symphony instead.

#75 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

The current Iro formulas which were mysteriously pending heim and oda approval .... like for ever... are no where to be seen in this new sub forum.
If we can have those approved formulas along with the post balance in the google docs. We can have a very very clear idea of what to look for in each skill and report what has changed from the actual , intended and the observed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users