iRO Post-Balance formulas - Page 4 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

iRO Post-Balance formulas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#76 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

Working on that.

#77 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

There was a post that showed the new HP Mods, can someone point me towards it please?

#78 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

There was a post that showed the new HP Mods, can someone point me towards it please?

talking about this?
News: New HP mods

#79 mcdhol24

mcdhol24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Judex formula should have been like...

MATK = [ { (Skill Level x 40 ) + 300 } x Caster's BaseLV / 100 ] %

eg a lvl 100 AB with level 5 Judex = 500% MATK

instead of...........

MATK = [ { (Skill Level x 20 ) + 300 } x Caster's BaseLV / 100 ] %

so 400% MATK for level 100 AB with level 5 Judex

This is such a small buff but at least it would give a little help to poor FS AB like me..because.. Im already wearing a divine cross set and 1.7k damage (1.2 with eden staff) to neutral monsters is sooo ridiculous and defense is suffering with the loss of shield and any poor AB like cant level with adoramus because it will cost me huge amount of zeny and the skill point will be wasted and it would be like a FS AB skill tree.....

#80 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

talking about this?
News: New HP mods

Yes thank you.

#81 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

Lightning Ride
(Cast time is unnecessary most people arnt gona want it, in comparison to every other 3rd class aoe it does -_-ty damage, which the no cast time made up for. now it does -_-ty damage and has really bad cast time leave its cast time as it is do not put the cast time in and it gona make alot sura not want to level)

SKyBlow
(this a joke damage wise for aoe skill)

GT:Cure
(I not fond of it use sphere = to its level, seeing most people that get it use it to heal them selfs, which only does about 800 to 1k more heal to them selves then a normal heal would it all ready cost double the sp a lvl 10 heal does than lvl 5 High heal does a much higher heal. I would rather it use 1 sphere, and only does healing to the sura casting it and no one else including Stones/barricades , and only cures other people of status effects removing freeze status from our selves is kind stupid tho seeing frozen mean frozen)

Gfist
(if you's are dead set on nerf a skill that is the lest of the balance problems I mean really it alreadu take all our sp, then put a 10 second cooldown on the skill it self. dont do the 10 second no sp items. and this should only apply to woe, pvm does not need this, there to many other 3rd skill that are way more spam able with less sp usage that can one shot to justify do this )

GOH
(this needs to fixed so it dont ingore demi reductions and reduce damage, it also cant be melee lvl1~4 and ranged lvl5~10 make all levels of it ranged not sure why the idiots a kro did this to begin with)

renewal screw things up and this balance patch is looking to do the same thing.

Thank god Swtor is almost out. cause this "balance" patch might be final straw for me, seeing I highly doubt this "patch" gona fix the problems.

Edited by Puppet, 07 December 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#82 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

To clarify the omitted part of Royal Guard's Vanguard Force a few people were worrying about, the hp/def mod was not written in the notes, but the skill still gives the bonus hp/def.

#83 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Lightning Ride change is stupid.
Skyblow , really?do ppl still even use this ?
GT Cure, the healing stats part of the skill should of stayed the way it was pre patch, freezing and burning
just it the way it is for status healing.
Gfist this skill doesnt deserve a no 10 sp cool down, put the cool down on the skill itself ,They are already adding a Cooldown on yggs and ales. The only reason this skill is a problem is because of the high upgraded kvms that were injected into the server, how about make ghost element 50% from neutral attacks instead of 30 this would fix some problems...
GOH fix the HP part of the formula.

#84 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

WARG BITE are u serious lvl1 is 1sec <.< to lvl5 5sec ?!?!?!?! 10sec couldnt even hold sura's already what's more for having a huge delay and couldnt even immobilize IMMOTBILIZE!!!!!!!!! hell that was the talks in the archer forums having it the opposite of OP and now nerf it more? i rather want lvl1 = 3sec ; lvl2 = 6sec ; lvl3 =9sec ; lvl4= 12 ; lvl5 = 15sec

#85 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

I love how Sura`s are crying when rangers are so overly nerfed it`s incredible

#86 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

can we increase dragon howling fear status to 5 secs at least? for 2 secs fear stat every 15 secs of reuse its kinda useless

#87 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

This has probably been done to death already but my god do they seriously need to nerf rangers this badly? I didnt know how bad it was until I made a ranger on sakray and tried it myself. Way to screw an entire class GMs.

#88 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

There is a 7 or 8 page complaint about it! XD

And the only thing that makes up for it is the imba AStorm with 14.1 gears.

Edited by Clogon, 09 December 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#89 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

can we increase dragon howling fear status to 5 secs at least? for 2 secs fear stat every 15 secs of reuse its kinda useless

Skill re-use Delay: 10 seconds
Fear Chance: (50 + 6 * Skill Level) %
Duration: 15 seconds
Immobilization duration: 2 seconds
AoE:
Level 1: 7x7
Level 2: 9x9
Level 3: 11x11
Level 4: 13x13
Level 5: 15x15

#90 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

https://docs.google....C-DkqEekCAkfEiQ

http://irowiki.org/w...Neutral_Barrier

Soo seems like This class is now going to die to magic alot.

or am I still missing something here.

Works similar to how Pneuma behaves, but blocks physical and magical damage. Blocked damage will show as misses.

All players/monsters inside Neutral Barrier will also have all their own ranged physical/magical attacks miss on targets unless the attack cannot miss. (i.e. magic skills, Acid Bomb, Cart Cannon)

Cause I read this and I read the Post Balance patch one and go lol what is this class good for. besides blowing up and walking all the way back to town.

And I still would like the Pile Bunker skill to remove what it says it should remove when you cast it on the target, reguardless if it lands or not. a debuff is a debuff and it should be treated as such.

#91 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

Oh wow. I should have read these documents long ago.

I thought the biggest complaints about the Sura class were in how easily they killed almost everyone in WoE and PVP. Therefore, would it not have made more sense to just nerf the PVP-killing skills, such as GoH and KA, and also Cursed Circle, and then call it a day? I mean, why such a harsh nerf to the Gentle Touch tree? The re-use delay means the only one using these skills will be the Sura himself and perhaps one other person. There will be no such thing as a "Support Sura" after this patch.

Please have kRO reconsider and just keep the Gentle-Touch tree unmolested. Same with Lightning Ride. No one uses LR to kill people in WoE. These Sura nerfs make no sense and they're nerfing the wrong aspects of the class. Nerf the PVP-killing parts, not the PVM parts. No one complained about the PVM aspects of Sura; Freaking everyone complained about the killing parts. Frankly, I couldn't care less if they nerfed Suras to the point of being unable to kill a novice in WoE, but nerfing their support skills is unnecessary and total BS.

Were Suras overpowered? Yes. Should they be nerfed? Again, yes. But, they were overpowered in PVP and WoE. So why is PVM getting nerfed?

The new Sura post-"balance": Useless in parties and PVM; Only slightly hampered in PVP.

I wanna punch the tard who thinks up these changes. And while we're talking about retarded changes, RKs will only be able to enchant blade themselves now? FML. /wrists

And before anyone says "lol, you wrong, Suras are still useful in parties cuz they can mental strength and snap." Well, Mental Strength is only really useful and wanted at Bio3 and ET. Use it anywhere else and someone in the party will inevitably say "Don't use Mental Strength", seriously. Or the rest of the party will just walk past the MSing Sura as he/she trudges along, leaving the Sura behind. And as for snapping, while it's somewhat useful, it should not be the only useful party skill for a Sura. And it's only useful in certain places. Most GWing parties jsut wing to the mobs; They don't sit still and wait for someone to drag the mobs to them.

Good luck to the people who choose to stay after the balance. Unfortunately, none of my characters are 150, and after the patch I probably won't have the will (nor the ability) to get them there. Looks like this will be the third (and perhaps final) time I quit RO. Really sucks because I bought a 3-month VIP for my main account not long ago (on top of the one-month VIPs I have on two other accounts). =/

To the Korean Gravity: Keep on trollin' guys. Keep on trollin'

/rant

Edited by Dreimdal, 11 December 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#92 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

why the fire/ice trap damage nerf? And there is change in elements of the traps too. And for bow skill such huge casting time and delay. Weren't ranger skills already nerfed??
Can rangers use falcon and warg both at the same time at least?? Plz say yes.

Edited by coolnix, 14 December 2011 - 03:07 AM.

#93 mirana15

mirana15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

remember no sura's crying when fighting with rangers :P) if its a low lvl then yea xDD ./GG

#94 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

there seems to be an odd change in ninja skills not previously listed... Kunai damage is now heavily reliant on element type... fire vs vire results in a miss and water vs fire does over 10k damage per hit

#95 Moyton

Moyton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Enchant Blade

Variable Cast Time: 1 second
[(Skill Level x 20 + 100) x (Caster's Base Level / 150)] + Caster's INT
Can only be cast on self

WRONG FORMULA

The current formula after more test is:

[(Skill Level x 20 + 100) x (Caster's Base Level / 150)] + Caster's INT+MATK

#96 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

can you post that in class specific thread?

#97 leobut

leobut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

Im on the edge of quiting... I use to be able to solo nogg with my Wanderer.... Now im bearly able to with an Archbishop... with the damage SR does my RWH doesn't help much... /sob

#98 gl101

gl101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I don't think balancing the skill was a good idea, i mean from the start there was nothing wrong with the skills. Also most of the character has terribly been nerfed. I understand some skill can one shot u but why nerf firetrap for SC thats just ridiculous coming from a SC user

#99 leobut

leobut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

The only class that got an advantage in this is balance are the GX. The class that got screwed bad are Maestro/Wanderers there useless now.... And thats coming from a person that uses a wanderer.

#100 leobut

leobut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Just change Severe Rainstorms damage back to normal. And dsl is a waste of skill points now. kRO made maestro/wanderers worthless in pvm and pvp situations. JUST CHANGE SEVERE RAINSTORM BACK TO NORMAL PLEASE!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users