Maintenance 11/8/2011 - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 11/8/2011

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#51 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Well, either way it makes sense. Ales weigh way less than yggs, so +cooldown, to be fair (although 10 is a bit steep, the ale users would definitely have preferred 2 second). If ales were made to have ygg seed weight, then it'd be the same qualities.
I'm looking forward to saturday woe :3

#52 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

This patch fking sux. Worse patch ever. Wtf is with the Eden badges?!
Just because some people can kill super high end mvps to get badges dun mean you raise the dam price. Increase the cost instead!!!

You know how freaking hard it is for lower lvls to get those badges?!
This sux. I totally feel like quitting now. I hope I do not though.

This is like the first time I sweared so hard in this forums. Please do take what I said seriously

Edited by ExDarkrb, 08 November 2011 - 07:38 PM.

#53 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Could we have like, a trade in of ales for something useful? Or increase the npc price of ales at least?

10 seconds is a HUGENORMOUS time in RO.

you guys cant pot and then ale? you guys cant even woe with no ales? wth?

#54 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

GMs,

Many thanks for wasting my time farming ales and buying HE Gum.

In any event, since you have reduced my networth to only 10m zeny and I can no longer afford VIP, I believe I now possess the necessary qualifications to become a funengineer.

I promise to:

lick your ass
give bad advice
think of events that I can personally benefit from
screw over THOSE EVIL FACKING ELITES WHO ONE-SHOT ME WITH BASH WTF
not buy any wpe
freeload
QQ all the time
make nerf sura threads
hate on guild leaders
double hate on rich guild leaders
triple hate on ale using rich guild leaders
demand 5x exp events all the time
play on pservers in my spare time

Should you choose to accept my application, please feel free to add to this list of actions that will harm the community and I will faithfully carry out your wishes.

Thank you for your kind consideration!!! I LOVE YOU HEIM <3

Edited by sexytime, 08 November 2011 - 07:39 PM.

#55 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

the whole AleDrama started because certain players were farming the ales in restricted zone and bots farming for zeny selling. ? As Heim noted himself

"4. Adding a long reuse delay on Green Ales, this wouuld only affect the WoE usage and their value a little bit but wouldn't stop farms from profitting"

why does this ale issue ended in such way that I dont even see how it will stop bots farming, instead it raise a direct slap to the end users.

Wow umm actually, Wow.

Hiem, read that post!

Everyone else should prolly point that out to him. I think somehow the whole all issue didnt get discussed to the right conclusion. I know I said do what needs to be done, yes I still say that. But when someone makes a good point, like this. It should be recognized, Also I specially when it points out something Hiem said that was ALSO a good point.

#56 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Why censor my funengineer application? I think I'd make a really good one

Send a PM.

I'd also like this misplace flamatory language towards the mods and fungi's to stop. Neither one had any say in what went into this patch, so nothing left to chew on about them so move back on topic please.

#57 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

It just doesn't make sense. And Heim gave a summary of what was to come. For now...making them unvendable. And he hinted that...this week, we MIGHT see an increase in ale weight.

NOWHERE DID HE SAY THAT THEY'D HAVE A 10 SECOND COOL DOWN! I wouldn't have bought ANY if I knew that was the case. He said it was a possibility, but wouldn't fix a thing.

So many things just coming out of nowhere with no justification. The only people that wanted a cool down were Fungineers, I'm sure.

Come on, Heimdad. Don't do this. Leading us on by forcing people to sell them was a low blow.

#58 Incendio

Incendio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Buff slims (this has been said by everyone for months) to roughly 200-250% of their current effectiveness, and instead of increasing weight/adding a cooldown to ale, remove the 50% hp heal. Friendly solution for everyone, leaves the value of ale intact as well.
Leave ale hats account bound so that eventually all illegit farmers are eradicated, and ale is no longer an issue.

If you think potting hp with slims is bad try potting sp with :mellow: blues, it's ridiculous.

#59 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Not to sound like a broken record, but could u also work on updating the heal potency of ranked slims and mastelas to match the renewal HP before making changes to the ales. I mean the currect rates were for prerenewal where everyone had like 10-20k max hp. With 50+ hp being easy to reach, even ranked whites take foreveeeeeer to heal with, which is why ales are soo effective.

#60 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

So many things just coming out of nowhere with no justification. The only people that wanted a cool down were Fungineers, I'm sure.

If you're going to make a statement like that, please share your concrete evidence of it.

My evidence its not true is mainly because I talk to a good number of them and I read all the posts in there. And...

• Green Ale will be removed from Carts.
  • Green Ale will gain a cooldown time of 10 seconds for reuse.
The reason for the Eden Merit Badge price update is I can't lower the payout below 1 (for math reasons) and I need a lower denominator to divide in, some MVPs would be dropping like 2-3 EBM worth of stuff but only cost 2 to resummon, creating inflation. We want to add more things into the Eden merit badge cycle but we need to be able to have the minimum EBM price lower a bit.

Green Ale Change: The reuse timer is likely going to happen with 14.1 anyway, so this is the most humane way I can think of to not make them account bound or change their healing rate. Just a warning though, next St Pats the Green Ales will degenerate as they "get stale" so in March/April they will be 50% heal, and every month after they go down 10% until they are 0% value when they will deleted. We will do a couple "green ale" seasons a year where they are refreshed. St pats hat will work best during those seasons.

FIN

#61 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Another uneventful week in the failing MMO that is Ragnarok. Ironic.

Also, it's B.S. that you're changing the EMB redemption so suddenly. Gee, how fair.

#62 Lapida

Lapida

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

sooooo basically non-VIP are getting fked up on EMB?....

thanks for screwing more the TI reward...

i think this is their main objective :mellow:

�?�Halloween Spooky Machine : Ends

FINALLY you ruin guys the bot's economy... a little xD, those poor guys selling 999 BOO cards at +30-60k each, now they are all panicked selling at 1k, YAY.... sadly there's alot of players that bought LOTS of cards at 30k for alts, they are getting screwed too, YAY :wacko: thx for the anticipated announcement :(

Edited by Lapida, 08 November 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#63 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

[i'm not a fungineer please disregard my existence]

Edited by sexytime, 08 November 2011 - 08:01 PM.

#64 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Lol who ask you guys to simply stock up this and that.

Everyone is a nutcase in Valk. First stocking up MVP drops for badges, then stocking up ales, (I know some who are stocking up spare cards, stocking up umbala spirits). Next, there will be people stocking up reset stones i'm sure.

The hell is with you guys?!

#65 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Every week of maintenance, heim seems to piss everyone off with stupid changes without any notice... just watch next week it will be some random nerf crap no one was aware of, as for the green ales, it's probably the smaller guilds and noobs whos complaining. Notice how those "fun-gineers" always posting something about it's good to have ales cool down time ahem "Mayhem" you're in legends not a troll post.

#66 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Inubashiri:

I do get what your saying. And I really didnt have to much of a problem with this fix that hiem came up with till I read that last post that I commented on. One of the main reasons for this ale change was to help stop botting, and I dont really see change stopping that.

As Hiem mentioned in that the hat would eventually change. and Ales would basically go bad, Maybe its time to Turn off the hat completely till next season. Because thats how it will work later anyways.

#67 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

One of the main reasons for this ale change was to help stop botting, and I dont really see change stopping that.

Everyone knows that.

#68 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Can you make spooky foods tradeable, job manuals and medals too as well? Since spooky machine is leaving i dont see it being a problem anymore

#69 gravitysucks

gravitysucks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

+1 if you agree with my name

#70 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Everyone knows that.

You are a moderator arent you?

Wow sounds pretty rude there. Then again we havent had the best of relationship on here. but I always try to be respectful.
As a mod I was hoping you would make sure Hiem would notice these posts. That way we ensure that everyone is treated fairly.

Hence the whole Ale issue anyways.

#71 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

How about you do something right for a change and make slim whites better before :mellow: with ales? That way it won't be such a big ass deal.

#72 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

I like the ales decaying idea, doesn't really affect botters though. Just means more opportunities to farm them for self use in the future.

#73 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

That does not give a reason for people who buy ales or farm them LEGITLY to be nerf.... let's be real here... I wonder how woe is gonna be like tommorrow with this retarded nerf..you'll just die to anything the end and more complaints and QQ's.

#74 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Please update the MVP drops that you can turn in to the Merry Badger.

10 second cooldown on Green Ales is very harsh. This change really did come out of nowhere as well. Please reconsider this.

#75 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Wow cant think of any better way to screw over ales than what has already been proposed to be implemented. Good job gm's you managed to screw your playerbase again without addressing the real problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users