Lets Rethink Green Ales - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Lets Rethink Green Ales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Ale should be changed to : (379 member(s) have cast votes)

Ale should be changed to :

1. Ales become 100% account bound on the 15th and a trade in event happens. (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

2. Trade in happens, and on December 6 date all remaining ales disappear (40 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

3. Ales have strict timers put on them everywhere and we just let em sit as is. (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

4. Ales over next few weeks lose heal/sp efficiency (10%) until 0% and then deleted. Tradeins during those weeks (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

5. current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable (118 votes [35.76%])

Percentage of vote: 35.76%

6. Account bound, and done. (44 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

7. Account bound, and timer now and done (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

St Pat's Hat

1. Effect stopped to March with account bind. (50 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

2. Effect stopped but tradable. (69 votes [20.91%])

Percentage of vote: 20.91%

3. Effect remain, but remain account bind. (111 votes [33.64%])

Percentage of vote: 33.64%

4. Effect remain and open trade. (100 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

Vote

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

2 objectives I have

1. By Mid-December to have the number of ales cut so low that next March we are virtually starting from scratch on the ale count.
2. To have WoE start transitioning to a non-Ale pot use as its default healing item.

Please bear in mind that better "pots" will be available with 14.1 and the sooner the ale is removed as a primary use in WoE the sooner the WoE scene gets better. Also all the % heal items get a timer with 14.1, us adding the 10second reuse only gives it to ale a little bit early so it is not a poll topic anymore.

I'm trying not to be too punishing in this, as I know so many are just caught in the middle with lots of items that may get changed significantly.

As of 9th : Timered and 25 weight & hand tradable (no cart)
There is also a turnin 5:2 for Ygg Seeds or 5:1 for Ygg Berries.

But next maint we want to start a true transition to removing them from the game, or is it enough that it is what is current, are they disuaded enough from current WoE, and likely to shrink without further changes or wiping? It very well could be depending upon how players turn them in for better items.

The other question asked is what about St Pats hat. Really if the current store goes away the hat will not effectfully input many ales into the game as we have removed most of the exploitable maps/scenarios. But admittedly some will still happen, though doubtfully from bot rings due to the ever decreasing about of the hats. I know come march's season ending the hat will disable, but for now I'm torn on if it is necessary to make it not work. It is already acct bound.

#2 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

So....if Green ales were suppose to be the next Ygg seed...what the hell was the point of them? Adding items with the same effect? Clustering up the game imo

#3 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:55 AM

I voted "Ales become 100% account bound on the 15th and a trade in event happens."
But I only stand by this option, if it is 1 ale for 1 ygg seed.
Idealy if you want to be fair to the people who MVPd and sold stuff to buy large amount of Ales, or just spent HE GUM and made a bard alt to kill the snakes, it would be the only fair option.

I can't really live with 2:1 and 4:1, this is not an option in my eyes.
At 5:2 rate and 10 000 ales (that isn't such a rarity to have sitting around for people who actually PLAY the game) it means a loss of 60% of my stock, the amount of items I have for the money spent gets reduced by 900mil...
(Going at 150k per ale, meaning 1,5 bil worth of ales in stock, and this is just my personal 10k ale stock)

Guilds, including ours, spent alot of money investing into these items, because it seemed like a really good idea in the long run.
Now you change the path of the item drastically, and short term, currently devaluating 60% of them to dust.

Now I'm sure it doesn't require lots of pointing out that, this trade-in costing me 900mil because some idiot people/bots couldn't get caught/exploiting, isn't something I'm terribly happy about.
I would prefer avoiding it at all.

1:1 ale to seed, anything over that, I'll have to have a long hard thought about if spending time and money to hunt in this game for -anything- is really worth it.

NOTICE: to those that didn't have money to buy ales or didn't see the purpose in farming them, this isn't the fault of the people who did work hard for their zeny, who farmed MVPs countless times and figured it wouldn't be bad to invest in the future of their characters/guilds

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

Heim: I'd like to see an option added to the poll: "Trade ins and reduce ale efficiency (to 25%?), the hat has its effect changed to some other desirable effect". With more ales being consumed and none produced, eventually the ale supply will dry out. And aready said this in other posts, but adding desirable trade ins (for example X ales for some exp, X ales for an attempt at the spooky machine, X ales for eden merit badges/KVM badges) will dry the ale supply even more.

And on a totally unrelated note, could the WoE supply box change to tradeable just like the light blue potion box is tradeable? Currently I'm buying light blue potions for my alt and WoE supply boxes seem like a better deal but they are account bound >.<

#5 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

"Trade ins and reduce ale efficiency (to 25%?)

id rather see an increase of the normal restorative items white/blue etc increased in efficiency x4-x5

#6 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

I think that the trade in need to be reduced to at least 2:1 we just spent 2bil on ales thinking of account bound and distribution to key members now they are worth nothing at least make it 2:1 to guild leaders so we can get some of our money back

#7 ChainDark

ChainDark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

I voted for
'current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable'
and
'Effect remain and open trade.'

what's the difference between trading them and putting them into cart and then vend it?
well, you could sell it in both way but why waste your time making room chat when you can vend them?

I demand ale to vend-able from "vending" skill

#8 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

let us trade in Ales for EMB imo.

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

I voted for
'current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable'
and
'Effect remain and open trade.'

what's the difference between trading them and putting them into cart and then vend it?
well, you could sell it in both way but why waste your time making room chat when you can vend them?

I demand ale to vend-able from "vending" skill

If an item is "Tradeable" it is 95% of time "Vendable" as well. That 5% when it's not is a glitch and you need to report it so they can fix.

Problem with this is that's it's still VERY VERY abusable by bots. You have done nothing to solve the problem except not able to carry as many at one time.

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

I still can't vote unless I know this:

when you say 'a trade event happens' is that permanent or temporary? if there is a trade-in, it must be permanent.

#11 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

Voted...QQ

#12 Kialee

Kialee

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

Heim,

I voted that hats remain account bound and working, and that ales be timered and hand tradable only. If your goal is to lower the number of ales in game without penalizing the legit players too much, this will do exactly that.

1. Bots typically don't do hand trades so the number would be reduced right there.

2. With the hats account bound, eventually the ones on bots will hopefully be caught and BANNED, thus effectively wiping those out of the game and reducing the amount of hats in game. This will leave the ones on legit players. I for 1 am lucky to get MAYBE 5 ales a day if I wear the hat all day, hunting on maps that they still drop on. While this might seem high, I can get 5 ygg seeds in the same amount of time, hunting monsters that drop those. I choose not to because those maps are HIGHLY botted and it doesn't take long before I'm too irritated with bots to play and trying to report them all is an impossible task.

3. Taking the ales out doesn't mean it'll hurt the bots or even WoE. Both will simply switch to ygg seeds. This means those maps will be botted more then they are now, which is bad enough and WoE... well that shouldn't need much explaining. I personally would rather have ygg seeds then ales since the ygg seeds don't run the risk of getting you 'drunk' but have the same healing effect. lol

4. If you're going to do an exchange rate... it should be 1:1 otherwise people are loosing out BIG time. It's not the bots that will be hurt by that. It's the PLAYERS. My opinion of the 5:1 exchange... I'll just use up my ales (of which I don't have many, maybe 150) and buy ygg seeds for the same amount that I could have bought ales, if I bought either.

By taking the hats and ales out of the game now, you're hurting players who have invested hard earned money into upgrading said hats, and time in hunting the ales.

Another possible thought would be to reduce the drop rate of the hat (I don't know what it's currently at) maybe to that of just above a card or something until the St. Pat day events then during those times, increase the drop rate again. That will leave the hats in game and working but lower the amount found significantly. Combined with the hand tradable only ales, the amount of ales in game will decline rapidly as they will be used faster then they are found mostly.

#13 ShionTheBlack

ShionTheBlack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Please bear in mind that better "pots" will be available with 14.1 and the sooner the ale is removed as a primary use in WoE the sooner the WoE scene gets better. Also all the % heal items get a timer with 14.1, us adding the 10second reuse only gives it to ale a little bit early so it is not a poll topic anymor

So to be clear, the timer IS going to stay no matter what?

#14 lostmike

lostmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

By putting a timer on the ales, and then saying you want the ale count low, how are you planning on making the ale count low enough without antagonizing people who already bought/killed snakes a lot? This seems like it will take even longer to normally use those ales.

When you say 'better' pots will be available, why not wait until they are before making these changes, the timer alone at that time will make people want to switch/exchange for the siege potions. And I don't think info was given on if it was feasible to supply a guild that way.

Please remove the re-use timer for now until an alternative is available, or 1:1 ratio trade.

#15 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

Tradein? Are you refering to the one for the yggseed?

A tradein 1:1 for ygg seed is too much if you ask me. If the game has 5m ales, it will have 5m seeds and nothing really will change. It is the same thing as going to another drugstore for the same medicine because the first one closed. Or throwing all your bullets in another gun. Nothing will change really if it changes this way.

Think about

Ale: Account bound, 3 weight.

Seed: Sellable, 30 weight.

Make a tradein 2:1 for both. So they can choose between trading and stocking.

#16 M0RT

M0RT

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

I agree with all that Kialee says..

You cant disable hats and ales , becouse of Players who invest big money to buy them for a big time and upgrading hats.
When you set up long event with safe hats upgrading , you cannot switch off those hats now or later. They can be account bound and ales should be hand tradable so the market will not fall, vending and hand trading is not the same thing. Bots will be annoyed. More weight will do the work. Yggs and new pots will fill the market , the price will drop.
Ales will become "rare".
People love ales...like in real life you know the risc of drinking...and final effect...
Im sure you all have more ideas to change ales so they can stay.
Maybe more chance to drunk?
Giearth card is not easy to hunt.

#17 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Is none of the above an option, yall need to quit :) up the community because of YOUR mistakes. Ban the people abusing the bug, not the people who stocked up from YOUR stupid event.

#18 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

Tell your guildies/friends who don't go to the forum to register an account and vote. We need everyone's voices heard here.

#19 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

My 2 cents:

1) Make Hat fully tradeable, even if bots get their hands in them, if you actively focus on banning bots with said hat, they amount of hats available for bots will be reduced as well
2) Ales should be a bit lighter than seeds, have a 4~6 delay OR Keep light like now, but add annoying status effect like: 2~3% chance of COMA, or 5 secs of unreduceable, STUN

Heim said somewhere that there are something like 5m+ ales, and they need to dissapear, i would make them tradeable, here some stuff that would be desirable but not OP:

2 Ales = 1 Hugel Medal
10 Ales = 1 EMB

Edited by cRoc, 09 November 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#20 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

$5 says despite what this poll will result in, the GMs will implement something that's not even on the list next maintenance.

#21 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

Lol at ppl crying over money lost and not being able to spam % healing items in WoE.

Except with the trade-in you can until 14.1. IMO they should have just announced the re-use delay in advance and let the market sort itself out ahead of time. No need for a trade-in, weight increase, or hat changes.

I voted to just keep the cool-down and nothing more. No need to change the hat either.

#22 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

ADDITONAL ALE PENALTY : 5% Chance to have Bwing effect.

Wonder if that would work?

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Just a clarification: by "current ales" in the option of "keep current ales and 25 weight" do you mean

- "the ales as we had them for months but with increased weight"

or

- "the ales of this maintenance which are already 25 weigh and have a looooong cooldown?"?

I'd agree with the ales we had for months having a higher weight, but for the ales of this maintenance, with the cool down, then it is a no...

#24 sendo

sendo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

why addtional penalty?????? not every hat owner = botter ,u stupid f*ag *facepalm*

Edited by sendo, 09 November 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#25 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

The poll is useless... it just splits the community people who have ales vs people who don't. And then you don't listen and do whatever you feel like anyway.
What does that help?

You (whether or not you listen to people) need to finally decide what happens, i don't even know if i want to trade in for yggseeds, if they might stay a way i like them. Then i traded them and will want them back..... i'm completly confused and there's a high chance i will be screwed over, whether i use the trade in or not.... this is cow poo...

And please stop punishing people because you let botting happen. That's already failure enough from your side.
There have been more than enough suggestions about what to do, without nerfing the items to useless like you just did.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users