Lets Rethink Green Ales - Page 2 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Lets Rethink Green Ales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Ale should be changed to : (379 member(s) have cast votes)

Ale should be changed to :

1. Ales become 100% account bound on the 15th and a trade in event happens. (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

2. Trade in happens, and on December 6 date all remaining ales disappear (40 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

3. Ales have strict timers put on them everywhere and we just let em sit as is. (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

4. Ales over next few weeks lose heal/sp efficiency (10%) until 0% and then deleted. Tradeins during those weeks (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

5. current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable (118 votes [35.76%])

Percentage of vote: 35.76%

6. Account bound, and done. (44 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

7. Account bound, and timer now and done (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

St Pat's Hat

1. Effect stopped to March with account bind. (50 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

2. Effect stopped but tradable. (69 votes [20.91%])

Percentage of vote: 20.91%

3. Effect remain, but remain account bind. (111 votes [33.64%])

Percentage of vote: 33.64%

4. Effect remain and open trade. (100 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

Vote

#26 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

"Account bound, and done. (17 votes [17.71%])"
"Effect stopped but tradable. (19 votes [19.79%])"

Now that the fungineers have voted, can everybody else please vote for the more plausible solutions?

And for those of you who can't figure them out....

"current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable"
"Effect remain, but remain account bind."

Edited by Lambor, 09 November 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#27 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

ADDITONAL ALE PENALTY : 5% Chance to have Bwing effect.

Wonder if that would work?

only lazarus would be glad if that gets implemented lol...

#28 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

I don't like any of the options for the St. Patrick's hat. I have a +7 one but I never use it, I think it's cute (it matches my Ranger). =/ I don't think it should be deleted.

If I had to choose my own option for the hat:

Effect only available during the month of March, free to trade regardless of date.

If I choose I no longer care for my hat, I would want to profit off of it during the time that the effect is available. :)

#29 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

$5 says despite what this poll will result in, the GMs will implement something that's not even on the list next maintenance.

Why are we having a pole? The GM's will implement whatever they want anyway. :)

If you have thousands of Ales, 2ygg seed/5 ales isn't going to cut it. Nice try but not enough. Its already been posted above by other members. You want to get rid of the ales, give us fair value.

Get creative and do something nice for the community. Quit pissing people off please. Hate to be like this but thats my opinion. :)

#30 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

I don't think a S. Pat's Hat shound be bound to an account with effects still being useful, unless the hat is still a possible drop to get.

Why? .. because it gives other players a complete and total advantage over others who simply don't have a hat. The hat > all, in those instances.

Edited by Rukario, 09 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#31 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

Just to people crying about the option of making the hat do nothing.

They did it with several hats you had to buy with money, doesn't change anything. They SHOULD of had a timer on them the second they was put in the game, but they didn't due to a bad marketing decision.

SO YOU'RE +7 EVENT HAT DOESN'T DROP ALES ANYMORE AND YOU WANT A REFUND?
CAN THOSE WHO BOUGHT DRAGON/TURTLE/WHATEVER HATS GET MONEY BACK ON THOSE? oh wait there DIFFERENT because they don't drop ALES so they CAN'T be used to MAKE MONEY so they don't NEED to be refunded.

CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR LOGIC.

IMO st.pat had should of had the same things happen to it as every other event headgear. Effect stops after event then becomes tradable.

Edited by Tirasu, 09 November 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#32 Seraphim

Seraphim

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

I have absolutely no opinion on the Green Ale solution, but I voted for St Pat's hat "effect remain and open trade" because I wanted to sell mine before it became account-bound. Either way it isn't a big deal to me what happens....I just wish I would have sold the hat before it became account bound. >_<.

And Tirasu, I would agree with you except, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't it say specifically for those hats the effects would only last until a certain date? I would be perfectly fine with the St Pat hats losing their effects if the description had said "effect lasts until Certain Date".

Edited by Seraphim, 09 November 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#33 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

They did it with several hats you had to buy with money, doesn't change anything. They SHOULD of had a timer on them the second they was put in the game, but they didn't due to a bad marketing decision.

CAN THOSE WHO BOUGHT DRAGON/TURTLE/WHATEVER HATS GET MONEY BACK ON THOSE? oh wait there DIFFERENT because they don't drop ALES so they CAN'T be used to MAKE MONEY so they don't NEED to be refunded.

IMO st.pat had should of had the same things happen to it as every other event headgear. Effect stops after event then becomes tradable.

mefistoles calm down

#34 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

I like the idea of everyone having to hunt their own supplies so I voted "Account bound and done"
That way you can leave the hats alone entirely aka headgear remains the same and tradeable.

Maybe have solid events to farm them every 3 or 6 months and always leave them account bound. That way if someone wants to bot them their main acct gets banned and it supports people actually playing

Edited by Viri, 09 November 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#35 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Heim,

I voted that hats remain account bound and working, and that ales be timered and hand tradable only. If your goal is to lower the number of ales in game without penalizing the legit players too much, this will do exactly that.

1. Bots typically don't do hand trades so the number would be reduced right there.

2. With the hats account bound, eventually the ones on bots will hopefully be caught and BANNED, thus effectively wiping those out of the game and reducing the amount of hats in game. This will leave the ones on legit players. I for 1 am lucky to get MAYBE 5 ales a day if I wear the hat all day, hunting on maps that they still drop on. While this might seem high, I can get 5 ygg seeds in the same amount of time, hunting monsters that drop those. I choose not to because those maps are HIGHLY botted and it doesn't take long before I'm too irritated with bots to play and trying to report them all is an impossible task.

3. Taking the ales out doesn't mean it'll hurt the bots or even WoE. Both will simply switch to ygg seeds. This means those maps will be botted more then they are now, which is bad enough and WoE... well that shouldn't need much explaining. I personally would rather have ygg seeds then ales since the ygg seeds don't run the risk of getting you 'drunk' but have the same healing effect. lol

4. If you're going to do an exchange rate... it should be 1:1 otherwise people are loosing out BIG time. It's not the bots that will be hurt by that. It's the PLAYERS. My opinion of the 5:1 exchange... I'll just use up my ales (of which I don't have many, maybe 150) and buy ygg seeds for the same amount that I could have bought ales, if I bought either.

By taking the hats and ales out of the game now, you're hurting players who have invested hard earned money into upgrading said hats, and time in hunting the ales.

Another possible thought would be to reduce the drop rate of the hat (I don't know what it's currently at) maybe to that of just above a card or something until the St. Pat day events then during those times, increase the drop rate again. That will leave the hats in game and working but lower the amount found significantly. Combined with the hand tradable only ales, the amount of ales in game will decline rapidly as they will be used faster then they are found mostly.

Agreed. Back in March I spent real money on enriched ores getting one of these hats to +7. Removing the effect of the hats right now is completely unacceptable.

#36 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

Agreed. Back in March I spent real money on enriched ores getting one of these hats to +7. Removing the effect of the hats right now is completely unacceptable.

Case and point regarding the hat.

#37 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

I spent money on getting +xp hats to grant more xp. Should I get a refund for that, too? No. Your point is moot.

#38 YouLie

YouLie

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

Y U NERF CUCKOLD HAT I DUN LIKE

U NERF ALE AND RICH PPL I LIKE

SRY I SPEAK NO GOOD ENGRISH HOPE U KNOW I SAY WHAT

#39 Blinky

Blinky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

I usually don't post but for this one I have to.

About the hat, making it account bound and remaining the effect seems to be the best solution.

About the green ale, you already announced the change and you ask us to rethink?? Why don't you think / ask us before the patch implemented?
You posted something to make people act. And then you do the opposite thing. Is that fair?
You told us that it will be account bound, so I stocked ales just for my use.
Then you implemented the cd, weight and trade in. This is acceptable for me because I see the problem about amount of green ales.
Then, now, you ask us to "rethink" after all of that announcement?
For me, and many people, it's too late to "rethink" coz we already bought/sold/traded in according to your announcement already.

If you announce something, you should not change it. That's what I want to say here.

p.s. I may be too stupid to act according to the announcement too fast.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Y U NERF CUCKOLD HAT I DUN LIKE

U NERF ALE AND RICH PPL I LIKE

SRY I SPEAK NO GOOD ENGRISH HOPE U KNOW I SAY WHAT

Hey sexytime

#41 WedgeAntilles

WedgeAntilles

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

It's an event hat that only should've worked during the event considering the items it gave. It should've been reverted to having an alt function like all the exp bonus event hats aftewards. Make the +7 one give a bunch of luk or something, it's a freaking clover hat. Making it the optimal headgear for crafting would be a nice nod to trying to transition more people into crafting potions I think.

#42 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Okay children, try to see the big picture:

GM's implemented something that was obviously exploitable and what did the community do?
Instead of requesting for it to be fixed immediately, we all exploited it and had our lulz.
It's time to get what we deserve.

I voted for a trade in with remainder being deleted. But a trade-in would need to fair.

I think a 1:1 trade of ales for yggs could be fine with a daily limit per character of say 50.
If you have ales as guild reserves just distribute them among your members, not too hard here.
Hugel Medals is also a fine idea.
EMB also a fine idea.
High end raffle and the option to use ales to buy tickets.

I voted for the hat to stay with its effect removed (till next march). That's how it should
have been in the first place.

#43 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

I think my final view on the hat is...

If effect remains, open trade. Allows everyone to benefit from getting Ales, not only people who have the only hats in the game.

If effect is removed, account bind it. No point in trying to scam players saying that they can farm Ales with it.

#44 Justinotaku

Justinotaku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Personally I think the hat should be vendable and tradeable with the effects removed. It makes no sense for the hat to still be working this far outside the actual event. Just have them work again at the next event.

On the ales....they should be removed soon. Trade in for seeds and berries seems like a fairly reasonable idea. People should be grateful they got to abuse something like this for such a long period of time. No matter what you do with them, someone is going to get burned and cry. So no point in making it a smooth transition.

#45 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

I voted for option:

Current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable

But only if this option excludes the 10 sec re-use timer.

Can you please clarify whether the options in this poll refer to Green Ales 'as they were' or Green Ales '+10 second cool-down' ?

If the latter, please disregard my vote.

#46 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Keep the 10 second cooldown on it and apply it to yggs and berries too. PLEASE oh man that'll be nice

#47 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

I spent money on getting +xp hats to grant more xp. Should I get a refund for that, too? No. Your point is moot.

Dragon hat, turtle hat, etc were advertised to have their effects ending since the moment they were put on sale. St patty's hat was advertised and sold as having its effects forever. I don't see something wrong in asking to have what you paid for or something equivalent.

And since Oda is reading the thread: Mr Oda, could you clarify if the option "current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable" means 'the ales which are tradeable and have no re-use cooldown will weight 25', or "current ales, the ones with a delay after maintenance, weight 25"?.

#48 Leiger

Leiger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

I voted for option:

But only if this option excludes the 10 sec re-use timer.

Can you please clarify whether the options in this poll refer to Green Ales 'as they were' or Green Ales '+10 second cool-down' ?

If the latter, please disregard my vote.

Thats Snap-Gfist-Ale sura talk thar buddy boy or is it that you dont wanna lose your ability to tank a whole guild on ales? Hahaha L2Actually play IF your doing that

#49 Leiger

Leiger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Keep the 10 second cooldown on it and apply it to yggs and berries too. PLEASE oh man that'll be nice

OH YEAH it would mean the rain of 'top guilds' in woe for sure

#50 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

I spent money on +% EXP modified hats, too. You know what the difference is, though? The +% EXP hats were advertised as being limited to a specific time frame. The St. Patrick's hats were not.

While I would prefer the St. Patrick's hat remain trade-able, I believe account binding to be a fair option if Green Ale exploitation is as bad as Heim's nebulous estimations. After all, they were account bound to begin with.

Thats Snap-Gfist-Ale sura talk thar buddy boy or is it that you dont wanna lose your ability to tank a whole guild on ales? Hahaha L2Actually play IF your doing that

Actually, I'm a support AB, 'buddy boy.' And I don't use green ales for WoE. As a 'save my butt in wipe-out' situations [Bio3, etc], Green Ales are pretty useful; although not as useful with a 10 sec cool-down. L2ROPD.

Edited by Hinkypunk, 09 November 2011 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users