Lets Rethink Green Ales - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Lets Rethink Green Ales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Ale should be changed to : (379 member(s) have cast votes)

Ale should be changed to :

1. Ales become 100% account bound on the 15th and a trade in event happens. (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

2. Trade in happens, and on December 6 date all remaining ales disappear (40 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

3. Ales have strict timers put on them everywhere and we just let em sit as is. (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

4. Ales over next few weeks lose heal/sp efficiency (10%) until 0% and then deleted. Tradeins during those weeks (37 votes [11.21%])

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

5. current Ales gain to 25 weight and tradable (118 votes [35.76%])

Percentage of vote: 35.76%

6. Account bound, and done. (44 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

7. Account bound, and timer now and done (27 votes [8.18%])

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

St Pat's Hat

1. Effect stopped to March with account bind. (50 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

2. Effect stopped but tradable. (69 votes [20.91%])

Percentage of vote: 20.91%

3. Effect remain, but remain account bind. (111 votes [33.64%])

Percentage of vote: 33.64%

4. Effect remain and open trade. (100 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

Vote

#51 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

I do not like that you've implemented a trade in option before fully establishing the fate of ales, some people are like "Omg ales leaving!?" Before seeing this thread and throwing them in that machine and then a week later will be shot on the foot with a Machine gun when they realize something new happened with them. Jus sayin~

#52 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

And Tirasu, I would agree with you except, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't it say specifically for those hats the effects would only last until a certain date? I would be perfectly fine with the St Pat hats losing their effects if the description had said "effect lasts until Certain Date".

Dragon hat, turtle hat, etc were advertised to have their effects ending since the moment they were put on sale. St patty's hat was advertised and sold as having its effects forever. I don't see something wrong in asking to have what you paid for or something equivalent.

Which is why I say it's pretty controversial and people will rage about it either way. It WAS an event headgear and there HAVE been times event headgear haven't had there expire date listed upon release. As I said it was a complete marketing failure for not marking an event headgear as event only. How many event gears have kept there effect after the event?
I'm counting.. 2? maybe 3 other ones? None of them was really market breaking though.

#53 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

the cool down ITS PERFECT no more need....

#54 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Well it seems like most people just want the weight to go up. But honestly 25 is nothing. It would still be easy for most classes to hold 50-100 of them (more for some classes). Which will basically last all of woe (woe speaking only atm). That would basically keep woe the way it is as it stands.

#55 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

I spent money on getting +xp hats to grant more xp. Should I get a refund for that, too? No. Your point is moot.

You knew when you spent that money the effect was limited where as people who spent money on st patties hats had no forewarning and this is just being throw on them. Therefore, your point is moot. :)

#56 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

The GMs should start listening to people more. Basically, the people who are highly unhappy about the ale change are players who INTEND TO STAY IN RO FOR THE LONG RUN. If you waste all their efforts in planning to stay in this game for a good year or two, a lot may choose to leave...

Most of us were here for years and are your loyal playerbase. We spent hours during that St. Patrick's day event farming coins with newly made bard accounts and linkers and stocked up. We bought who knows how many boxes of 600 kp HE gums for that event. People also bought who knows how many 200 kp each st pat hats, enriched elu boxes just to make a +7.

There are also those newly returning players who stocked up on ales (when prices hiked) for their guilds/personal use because they want to continue playing this game. Guilds who intend to stay in this game have stocked up thousands of them. Also, players who intend on staying have their own personal stash.

Basically, most of the people who are okay with the absurd changes to the current ales are the ones who DONT have a stash for themselves or their guild.

If you keep on implementing things that HURT YOUR LOYAL PLAYERBASE YOU WILL INEVITABLY LOSE A LOT OF THEM.

RO is what an 8 year old game. Most of your current players are those who have played for a good chunk of those 8 years of existence. Sure there are a few new players here and there bust most are veteran or returning veteran players.

Ales will eventually deplete, just disable the :) hat.

Edited by Mhikeey, 09 November 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#57 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Which is why I say it's pretty controversial and people will rage about it either way. It WAS an event headgear and there HAVE been times event headgear haven't had there expire date listed upon release. As I said it was a complete marketing failure for not marking an event headgear as event only. How many event gears have kept there effect after the event?
I'm counting.. 2? maybe 3 other ones? None of them was really market breaking though.

I remember someone explicitly asking heim on the patch notes if the hat effect would be forever and the answer was that the effect was intended to last outside the event. I don't feel that it is a marketing mistake.

#58 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

They knew spare cards were market breaking. Why they introduced an upper head gear spare card (st pat hat) and reintroduced the lower headgear spare card no one knows :) *cough* profit *cough*

They blame the players for mistakes they made themselves (reintroducing spare cards, introducing st patty hat). Then, they change the effects after they made money from the players! :)

Edited by Mhikeey, 09 November 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#59 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

That would basically keep woe the way it is as it stands.

Which is a lots of fun, unless you like respawning to every single attack to your chara.

#60 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

do you guys REALLY can woe with no ales? at least you GUYS have in MIND that there is a balance patch coming? many of those OP skills are getting balanced, buggs like exced break, hp mods, etc......... the people that cant agree with ale change, are those rks and suras that just run all crazy in middle of emp room and start spaming their unstopeable skills(gho,cursed circle,storm blast, dragons breath CANT BE STOPED IN WOE) and they dont have a real TEAM TACTIC :)

#61 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

I spent money on getting +xp hats to grant more xp. Should I get a refund for that, too? No. Your point is moot.

+1

People want refunds and compensation and "a better valued turn in" for their ales...
Funny...
Like I've also said before: Lots of hats had values that changed with momentary effects and the only difference is that people weren't making a killing off of the drops and using them to win. It wasn't advertised to end it's effect /ok
But do you see why its effect is ending? And do any of you realize that Gravity owns everything from the servers/items all the way to your very own accounts?

Ales have brought about:
>>ALE2WIN<<
Heim could delete every single ale in the game TODAY if he wanted to.
He could remove the effect from the hat permanently so that he never has to deal with any of this dumb crap again.

All you guys are doing is calling him a failure and it's pretty obvious he loves this game just as much as you do.

If you keep on implementing things that HURT YOUR LOYAL PLAYERBASE YOU WILL INEVITABLY LOSE A LOT OF THEM.

RO is what an 8 year old game. Most of your current players are those who have played for a good chunk of those 8 years of existence. Sure there are a few new players here and there bust most are veteran or returning veteran players.

If someone played RO for 8 years, do you really think they'd quit because of ales?
Really?
Are you one of those people?
I highly doubt that people would ditch their guilds and friends of such a long time just because of ales and a messed up hat.

Edited by Okii, 09 November 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#62 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

They should either be readily available to everyone via in game events, not some obscure hat that promotes botting or only available certain times of year. I'd be perfectly okay if they removed them all entirely right now and I have tons of them, I just find it ridiculous that the majority of them brought into the game since the event ended were from bots to support big guilds, not bot farms.

#63 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

They should either be readily available to everyone via in game events, not some obscure hat that promotes botting or only available certain times of year. I'd be perfectly okay if they removed them all entirely right now and I have tons of them, I just find it ridiculous that the majority of them brought into the game since the event ended were from bots to support big guilds, not bot farms.

I tried saying this and people hated on me so hard.
But it's so true.

:3

#64 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

if you want ales to deplete you should have stopped the effect on the hat. then you should have told everyone when 14.1 comes out ales yggs blah blah blah will have a 10s reuse delay. I bet you most people would have used up most of their ales before 14.1 came out because they would be useless like they are now.

And Okii mhikey was not just talking about ales.

and stop saying stuff that heim cold delete all if he wanted to. you dont think we know that? Do you think Heim is really stupid enough to do that? And those hats that had the effects taken away said when they were gonna be taken away. St pattys hat sounded like a forever thing. And of course we know that gravity owns everything you idiot. Please think before you type out stupid useless :).

#65 lrresponsible

lrresponsible

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

+1

People want refunds and compensation and "a better valued turn in" for their ales...
Funny...
Like I've also said before: Lots of hats had values that changed with momentary effects and the only difference is that people weren't making a killing off of the drops and using them to win. It wasn't advertised to end it's effect /ok
But do you see why its effect is ending? And do any of you realize that Gravity owns everything from the servers/items all the way to your very own accounts?

Ales have brought about:
>>ALE2WIN<<
He could remove the effect from the hat permanently so that he never has to deal with any of this dumb crap again.

All you guys are doing is calling him a failure and it's pretty obvious he loves this game just as much as you do.

He could, but what if it angers the playerbase enough that people start quitting en masse? It's generally poor policy to piss off your customers. Just sayin'. :)

If someone played RO for 8 years, do you really think they'd quit because of ales?
Really?

I've seen many long time players in the my guild leave the game because of other poor decisions on Gravity's part. The truth of the matter is that this game has been on the decline for many years now. I can't speak for anyone else, but as someone who has been playing this game since open beta, if they screw up on the ale issue enough, I will seriously need to reconsider if this game is worth my time and money.

I highly doubt that people would ditch their guilds and friends of such a long time just because of ales and a messed up hat.

Or they could, you know, play with their friends and guilds in another game.

Edited by lrresponsible, 09 November 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#66 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

som

if you want ales to deplete you should have stopped the effect on the hat. then you should have told everyone when 14.1 comes out ales yggs blah blah blah will have a 10s reuse delay. I bet you most people would have used up most of their ales before 14.1 came out because they would be useless like they are now.

And Okii mhikey was not just talking about ales.

and stop saying stuff that heim cold delete all if he wanted to. you dont think we know that? Do you think Heim is really stupid enough to do that? And those hats that had the effects taken away said when they were gonna be taken away. St pattys hat sounded like a forever thing. And of course we know that gravity owns everything you idiot. Please think before you type out stupid useless :).

Oh man, thanks for letting me know.
Because I did not know that.
Because 90% of his post was ranting about ales and then 10% was talking about quitting.

And having loyal customers that call the head GM a failure and whatever else they can think of...
Hmm.

If you knew that Gravity owns everything then why are you complaining about compensation, people?
All of you think I'm dumb, I know.
But in reality, step back from your computer and realize that this is not your real life.
You dropped money on A GAME.
Then you turn around and get all mad when things change (for the better if I might add).

WoE will finally be a challenge, and not just one sura running through and taking out a whole guild.
(I may not have WoE'd but I have heard a lot from the Valkyrie WoE Thread about single handed victories.

Anyways, you guys are obviously into this game enough to fight the way you are and start to get personal with your attacks, so I'm just going to laugh at you and hope that in the end, whatever happens, you realize that RO is something you'll eventually have to leave behind. Can't wait for when you ask for a refund on all your hard work creating your accounts and characters and then quitting to move on with your lives.

#67 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

You have no idea how incredibly obnoxious that sounds. Not good for business.

[/size] If someone played RO for 8 years, do you really think they'd quit because of ales?
Really?

There's a lot of things they could do. Play another game, transfer to another RO, make their own server, etc etc. (I actually know a lot of people who have done so and I've managed to recruit them back, or still am in the process of recruiting them back)

I've dealt with a lot of these changes. 600m WCPs losing 550m value overnight, 600m spare cards losing 50% value overnight. Stuff like unfrozen wind armors, 3x liberation lunakaligos, etc etc. Those were only the recent ones I could think of. But this ale thing is different. Heim said that the main problem is the BOTS FARMING THEM. Why should the legit players suffer for bots?

You probably don't know what I'm talking about because you've only played for (insert single digit here) months. I doubt you'll stay long enough to see the end of RO.

Edited by Mhikeey, 09 November 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#68 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

He could, but what if it angers the playerbase enough that people start quitting en masse? It's generally poor policy to piss off your customers. Just sayin'. :)

I do agree with this.
There's a certain amount of times you can piss someone off before they call it quits and leave.
I understand that ales may not have been the only thing that has happened but Heim took full responsibility for ales and this whole issue, and people DO make mistakes.

However, a problem like this should have been sorted out AGES ago.

Edited by Okii, 09 November 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#69 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

som

Oh man, thanks for letting me know.
Because I did not know that.
Because 90% of his post was ranting about ales and then 10% was talking about quitting.

And having loyal customers that call the head GM a failure and whatever else they can think of...
Hmm.

If you knew that Gravity owns everything then why are you complaining about compensation, people?
All of you think I'm dumb, I know.
But in reality, step back from your computer and realize that this is not your real life.
You dropped money on A GAME.
Then you turn around and get all mad when things change (for the better if I might add).

WoE will finally be a challenge, and not just one sura running through and taking out a whole guild.
(I may not have WoE'd but I have heard a lot from the Valkyrie WoE Thread about single handed victories.

Anyways, you guys are obviously into this game enough to fight the way you are and start to get personal with your attacks, so I'm just going to laugh at you and hope that in the end, whatever happens, you realize that RO is something you'll eventually have to leave behind. Can't wait for when you ask for a refund on all your hard work creating your accounts and characters and then quitting to move on with your lives.

Wow... I can't believe someone like this exists in Ymir. We're all here fighting for RO's continuing existence and then there's you who obviously don't care.

We all know we're gonna quit this game. But we've grown to love this game for years and it would be a shame to let people who don't care about it bring RO down the drain sooner than it should.

Edited by Mhikeey, 09 November 2011 - 02:36 PM.

#70 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Wow... I can't believe someone like this exists in Ymir. We're all here fighting for RO's continuing existence and then there's you who obviously don't care.

We all know we're gonna quit this game. But we've grown to love this game for years and it would be a shame to let people who don't care about it bring RO down the drain sooner than it should.

and all that drama for a green beer? :)

just becouse it have a cooldown? :)

#71 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Account bind the hats and ales, keep the effects and restoration rates as is.

#72 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

You like jumping to conclusions.
I'm just gonna leave this thread now and let you guys QQ some more and in the end none of it will matter anyways, I'm sure.

#73 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Keep it civil folks, leave your feedback but let's not have fighting in here. I don't expect you guys to be Vulcans but it's counterproductive to fly off the handle at each other. There are plenty of good suggestions and reasoned arguements without having to resort to ad hominems.

#74 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

I don't like the idea of account binding the hats. This is mainly because a select set of people will have a huge advantage over those who don't. I mean, a Rideword Hat is prohibitively expensive, but at least I can say "I'll be able to afford one someday".

Edited by KataiKou, 09 November 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#75 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

+1

Funny...

Ales have brought about:
>>ALE2WIN<<

Really?

I, out of 12 people who submitted a rating on this post, agree with you. Thanks for having a brain.

Posted Image

The main reason I support this is because everyone is yelling and screaming about something, no matter
what it generally is. They should at least be pleased that they're not getting NEXON'D by doing what was
suggested above. (Which is exactly what they do, without any of your concern.)

I don't like the idea of account binding the hats. This is mainly because a select set of people will have a huge advantage over those who don't. I mean, a Rideword Hat is prohibitively expensive, but at least I can say "I'll be able to afford one someday".

This is the exact reason I casted my vote the way I did on page 2 or 3. Thank you for having a brain as well.

Edited by Rukario, 09 November 2011 - 03:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users