Thanksgiving week Maintenance! - Page 12 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Thanksgiving week Maintenance!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
315 replies to this topic

#276 lordzduke

lordzduke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

wow i thought job bms stack with 3x bms on turn ins :D, what a waste i was making job turn ins yesterday using 3x bm + job :p_cry:... Heim :P

It should stack with BMx3..

#277 Maknificent

Maknificent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

early wrapped xmas gift is $18 a box? what kind of :P is that

#278 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Wonder if the shops at eden count to prontera or to another map.

#279 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Seeing the ingame prices on Ymir for those items and seeing the price you would get for selling WPE directly to Zeny (not judging if it would be good or not, I'm only speaking of the value here), the price is fine, really.
Also... it can be a bit less than 18$, because you get more KP if converting more WPE...
So... yeah, seeing the WPE-Zeny Rate it's a good price on the boxes.

Only speaking of Ymir here of course, don't know about the prices on other servers.

#280 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

On valk slotted mid-gears are cheaper iirc, but the other hats are waaay more expensive. WPE costs about double so probably works out about the same value (until rideword drops).

Spare card price didnt exactly crash when that was in a box though, so dont expect to see rideword hats for 30m on valk server.

#281 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Anyone interested in a buying one of my groove packs? It's a scoop from my cat's litter box, but you would probably end up with something better than you would from Heim's.

#282 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Wonder if the shops at eden count to prontera or to another map.

The eden group is on a different map/zone, and won't show up if you are searching in prontera.

#283 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Are we getting a boxter? Can we get a boxter?

#284 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Boxter is probably next week or the week after I'd wager.

Good maint overall, love the scarab1 turn in and the groove pack :3

#285 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Boxter is probably next week or the week after I'd wager.

Good maint overall, love the scarab1 turn in and the groove pack :3

What is there to use Boxter for? Other than Gwings and Job Manuals, every item is worth keeping. :P

#286 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

What is there to use Boxter for? Other than Gwings and Job Manuals, every item is worth keeping. :P

For those who got not the hat they want.

#287 radiogaga

radiogaga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Ugh, can we please have a week without safe cert sales or upgrading events? It's ruining the game economy. :P

#288 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Here s a new idea for an event; if you live next to gravity's HQ, go lend them a hand so we can have something new to play with (sakray, 14.1, balance patch, etc) sometimes before xmas :P

Edited by fenryl, 24 November 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#289 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Sakray...

#290 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Here s a new idea for an event; if you live next to gravity's HQ, go lend them a hand so we can have something new to play with (sakray, 14.1, balance patch, etc) sometimes before xmas :P

LOL. That would be so funny

#291 iFail

iFail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

Ugh, can we please have a week without safe cert sales or upgrading events? It's ruining the game economy. :P

This lol nobody buys anything since nothing ever :D breaks and buying high upgrades is pointless when you can buy certs and enriched and get +10 with 100m worth of elu or less

#292 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Has anyone actually mvp'd for gear/to make zeny in the last 6 months? All the items they drop are near valueless minus cards. Stuff that used to be meaningful(nyd mant for example) is now worth absolutely nothing because literally 0 break, ever. Anyone who can't see that is delusional and out of touch with the game.

#293 radiogaga

radiogaga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Has anyone actually mvp'd for gear/to make zeny in the last 6 months? All the items they drop are near valueless minus cards. Stuff that used to be meaningful(nyd mant for example) is now worth absolutely nothing because literally 0 break, ever. Anyone who can't see that is delusional and out of touch with the game.

Pretty much. I've stopped doing the nid instance because the garbs just won't sell any more. I had 8 stocked up at one point. <_<

#294 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Well, in fairness heim is trying to concoct a solution so the people who don't want to take risks to get valuable gear (lol) or actually play the game to get high end gear (lol) can do so and items be consumed.

I'm really concerned about the effect this has on the markets myself, I see no reason to be a skilled, high end player if you can't futher yourself through any means other than buying and selling kafra crap.

#295 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

So where is the new food quest NPC?

#296 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

An expert in the field who happens to be a moderator denies that this stuff has any affect on the MVP armor markets.

good luck have fun getting your point across, I already gave up because people can't see past their own noses.

Only thing I really don't like are the Certs, and I can't give a good opinion on those as taking them out is definitely in my best interest.

In other words, "I can't sell my MVP Gear because people don't break them anymore".

Please stop speaking for me.

#297 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

There is such a thing as new players, you know...new players who are going to want a nyd garb someday.

But seriously, where is that food turnin guy? I want to go get me some beef heads.

edit: nvm, it's the eden group chef.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 25 November 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#298 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

In other words, "I can't sell my MVP Gear because people don't break them anymore".Please stop speaking for me.

What do safe certs got to do with the game introducing kafra shop gear which is better than in game equivalents, making it pointless to hunt? And what does this got to do with the fact that above +7, gear does not break and its a matter of how many kafra shop points you pump into your gear to upgrade it? Safe certs are nothing but the tip of the iceberg and that's the ONLY problem you see with the current system? You are a freaking joke.

#299 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

What do safe certs got to do with the game introducing kafra shop gear which is better than in game equivalents, making it pointless to hunt? And what does this got to do with the fact that above +7, gear does not break and its a matter of how many kafra shop points you pump into your gear to upgrade it? Safe certs are nothing but the tip of the iceberg and that's the ONLY problem you see with the current system? You are a freaking joke.

Some people just don't see how safe certs are negatively effecting the economy because they're too ignorant and think only of their own characters' benefits.
Like in general. People have this mindset that they're great for catching up to high-tier players with billions of zeny and loads of gear/resources to MVP and farm but really...
I mean the lower level players aren't the only ones using them. It's just creating a surplus of ALL useful gears and creating less and less motivation to go farm MVP's or other monsters.. It's also bringing the higher-tier players even higher, while giving the illusion that lower players are catching up cause they can safely upgrade their gears to +7.

If it's so easy to get things to +7, people are hardly going to sell the gear un-upgraded anymore because it's a waste to do so.
Maybe bringing them in one week a year as something REALLY special is okay, but constantly bringing them back is not good.

#300 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

giving the illusion that lower players are catching up cause they can safely upgrade their gears to +7.

That is actually a really good way to describe it.

Really, I hope that a new system comes in that allows nonMVPers to make a decent profit - I know a lot of people think this is about my own self benefit, I actually don't need anything out of RO. To throw my ego around I have access to anything I could ever want, but my mid level friends need ways to catch up to me so we can do endgame stuff together.

All I ask for is a decently geared and skilled group of people to play alongside, but they're stuck in a rut of can't-make-money-w/o-kafra-shop.

I hope something comes up soon. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users