December 13, Skill Balance update patch! - Page 6 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 13, Skill Balance update patch!

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#126 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

@asayuu:
Sry the slowness of WP forums made it so I couldn't see your post. Yes Impresive Riff gives more ASPD but it locks you down into a 7x7 AoE. I am not disagreeing that Wanderer's need a buff but just pointing out that it is not as useless as you make it sound (at least not as much as a ranger in WoE). One of the other things that really gimps you is that +50 matk means nothing compared to +50 equipment attack fully affected by +14 KVM's 275% increase (137.5 atk!).

#127 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

DB precasting has more to do with cast time, sacrement buff and your aspd as opposed to 4k off your base hp, it's still going to be the most painful Aoe skill. And to be honest I am excited about hundread spear and crush strike as both can be used with the kvm spears. It's going to give rk's a much more diverse skillset. The Stormblast 'nerf' was not as strong as everyone thinks. It's still going to be a bread and butter ability for good RK's to use.

DB is now affected by % reductions. Hundred spear is weak, and weaker in WoE, and even weaker when countered by pneuma and DA. Crush Strike costs runes, can miss, easily is avoided and has a lengthy cool down.

Compare these to genetics and shuras who can spam instant kill attacks.

#128 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

I amlooking forward to see this update ingame.

Lets give it a try and stop QQing.

Maybe you all gonna like it^^

#129 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

Speed pot or bwing away like most of these stronger suras in WoE.

you mean the cowards right? cause that is running away

Edited by Puppet, 13 December 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#130 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

Jesus Christ for the most part sorcs got buffed .quit whinning .

how is it buffed o.o

#131 Jedo

Jedo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

quick question

since/if db will be affected by reductions.. then will damage modifiers also affect it (hydra/glorious/etc)?

(oh so were not getting ^ yet)?

Edited by Jedo, 13 December 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#132 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

That's stupid though because reduction doesn't actually REDUCE anything that kills you. Suicidal destruction? Ignores reduction, Gate of hell? HP/sp portion ignores reduction. Dragon breath? Ignores reduction. I can keep going but you get the idea. Everything should be reduced properly but it's not. That's why magic seems so weak.

^ This.

#133 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

DB is now affected by % reductions.

Right... iRO magically gets this 100 years before kRO does.

@Puppet:
Right dying is always the best way to win a battle.

Edited by Clogon, 13 December 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#134 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

you mean the cowards right? cause that is running away

You'll piss off all those suras who fight in the big battles by saying that o.o
Not that I care, since I chase after them anyways (not a sura myself).

#135 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

I have only one question what is in the X-mas Lucky Boxes

#136 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

how much time left

#137 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Maintence will end at 2 AM, as usual.

#138 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

I would like to say, the reset stone for the TI's change was a dissapoint. I reset at night time to help a friend when I couldnt sleep.. unknowing that I would have to wait 23 hours from that point to do it again.. but its whatever i guess, just kinda screwed myself. Id like to see a reset allowed every 10 or 12 hours rather then once every 23.. :3. That's jus me.

#139 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Right... iRO magically gets this 100 years before kRO does.

@Puppet:
Right dying is always the best way to win a battle.

its amazing how many people dont seem to get, Sura are sp depend it class more so then any other class 10sec of not being able to use sp items after fist in woe environment is bad, and you might as well sit there and except death, cause unless you can out pot the one shot skill. that dont any of the follow draw backs

1. takes all sp
2. disable natural regen for 5 minutes
3. 10 sec cant use sp pots (or i should say you can spam then just not get sp)

If every other class had one of there skill have these effects people would be pissed and dont say they wouldn't be.

I more pissed about the Lightingride cast time seeing that was uncalled for that skill damage is pathetic compared most of the other 3rd class AOE out there, the no cast time made up for it that., why not put cast time on Skyblow and Rampaging blast too.

Edited by Puppet, 13 December 2011 - 10:18 PM.

#140 Shadiah

Shadiah

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Maintence will end at 2 AM, as usual.

Lol so 3 am at the earliest... as usual.

#141 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

its amazing how many people dont seem to get, Sura are sp depend it class more so then any other class 10sec of not being able to use sp items after fist in woe environment is bad, and you might as well sit there and except death, cause unless you can out pot the one shot skill. that dont any of the follow draw backs

1. takes all sp
2. disable natural regen for 5 minutes
3. 10 sec cant use sp pots (or i should say you can spam then just not get sp)

If every other class had one of there skill have these effects people would be pissed and dont say they wouldn't be.

I more pissed about the Lightingride cast time seeing that was uncalled for that skill damage is pathetic compared most of the other 3rd class AOE out there, the no cast time made up for it that., why not put cast time on Skyblow and Rampaging blast too.

I agree on this, wouldn't not being able to fist for 10 secs a better solution? So if a fist fails to kill or something, people have 10 secs to rape you considering you spam pots too.

#142 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Heim,

While I'm not thrilled about the rush job in implementing the skill patch, having seen the WoE scene on Ymir over the past 3 months, I can see why you're doing it. I think you're going to find, however, that most people have been complaining about the bugs they found on Sakray and not the new skill effects themselves. Throwing bugs onto the main servers, especially if you're planning to do some kind of marketing push when you put 14.1 out, will only serve to discourage new players, and those who may actually return to play.

Once this is live we can take ideas that are well thought out and try to get them implemented, so now begins the point where we can try to make new things happen regarding the classes. This is why it is important to not keep delaying.

You've said this before, last year in November after renewal came out, when you created that renewal feedback sub-forum. Yet Gravity staff was almost completely absent from those forums as they have been from this new 14.1 and skill balance testing sub-forum. No offense, but while I do believe that you have good intentions, considering how kRO operates, I seriously doubt your ability to invoke any of the changes that the community of IRO truly wants. Only a few of the changes requested here were applied to this "over a year in the making" balance, but they were probably requested by jRO first and thus they were implemented along with some very peculiar changes. I guess I'm just curious as to why you think now is the point where we can make things happen?

Regardless, I look forward to seeing how "deep" your marketing purse is, and how creatively you spend that money.

#143 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

The Stormblast 'nerf' was not as strong as everyone thinks. It's still going to be a bread and butter ability for good RK's to use.

Rk's that has the luxury to walk around with a sleip and 2 megs.

Regarding the time when the server will be up. Like always, expect there to be an "emergency mantainence" As always :P

Edited by HRdevil, 13 December 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#144 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

A build doesn't necessary revolve around a skill but a play style.

Wait a minute, are you suggesting a casting built wiz to go vit/str/luk? Or a GFist built sura to go agi/vit/luk???

#145 Gigahertz2011

Gigahertz2011

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Couldn't WL at least have the same HP as Sorc? Someone wake me up when my class stops getting laughed at.

#146 Kysiar

Kysiar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIn a house
  • Server:All of them

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

You know what would be the most awesome idea to do during the update!?

Spoiler

Edited by Kysiar, 13 December 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#147 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

Couldn't WL at least have the same HP as Sorc? Someone wake me up when my class stops getting laughed at.

At least the Tetra Vortex animation is bright and flashy? :P

#148 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

DB is now affected by % reductions. Hundred spear is weak, and weaker in WoE, and even weaker when countered by pneuma and DA. Crush Strike costs runes, can miss, easily is avoided and has a lengthy cool down.

Compare these to genetics and shuras who can spam instant kill attacks.

Ah your talking about a DB nerf that never made it off the kro sakray servers yet... Did you bother to even read the class balance notes that are being applied?

Runes materials have never set me back from using rune skills. Did you ever stop to think there is a reason it has a cooldown? It's actually really good now too!

Sorry but all you seem capable is shouting gloom and doom and your general knowledge about the updates shows you never even tried to test on sakaray let alone read up about the changes on the forums.

#149 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

I agree on this, wouldn't not being able to fist for 10 secs a better solution? So if a fist fails to kill or something, people have 10 secs to rape you considering you spam pots too.

I don't think so. Gfist is meant to be the ultimate attack by the monk class. Using it should require you to make some sacrifices if you really want to kill someone, therefore it should be used tactically and smartly.

#150 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Genetics instant kill? News to me! All their skills tickle now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users