December 13, Skill Balance update patch! - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 13, Skill Balance update patch!

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#76 Akisame

Akisame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Are you keeping the customized ME/heal cast time and delay on the main servers? Noticed on Sakray that ME was using pre-customized times and... Well, after getting used to ME being an actual viable leveling skill, it was painful. :|

#77 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

They should have just left Reflect Damage alone. 40 attack limit goes down really fast if you get attacked by a GX or an Agi RK. Might as well just get Shield Reflect since with that at least you can pass to other people during Sacrifice....

Exactly what my friend planned on doing. Forego reflect damage for the weaker reflect shield. Oh, the irony.

#78 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hmm its ok, no big deal even they nerf RG's atk skills coz we are supposed to be just tanking, but well if they nerfed OB a bit I just use it to distract mobs of ppl in WOE and just PVM killing skill, yes prolly the old Pally days tanking might be back after this maint :P

Its obvious that most atk skills and their formulas are getting lowered/nerfed, means lesser dmg > tanking = better :P

There is a way to counterbalance the nerf. Get +14 kvm spear.

#79 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hmm its ok, no big deal even they nerf RG's atk skills coz we are supposed to be just tanking, but well if they nerfed OB a bit I just use it to distract mobs of ppl in WOE and just PVM killing skill, yes prolly the old Pally days tanking might be back after this maint :P

Its obvious that most atk skills and their formulas are getting lowered/nerfed, means lesser dmg > tanking = better :P

tbh i didnt really see the need to nerf OB SP and its damage. The only gay part about the OB nerf is the third hit always counted on boss protcol monsters even if they werent against a wall. Now it'll just do 2 hits regardless of where you are. Its not the greatest skill in WoE since i prefer VP, but in PVP/PVM OB is pretty damn useful pre-14.1 patch. I dont think i need to remind those of us who had to leech to 99/70 as a pally or use RS, that sucked hardcore.

Edited by Cubical, 13 December 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#80 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

so how long is gonna take the maintence ?_? afer 12 am or even more

#81 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

I love how people with strong classes are crying over Nerfs when BOW RANGERS cannot even kill decent players in WOE with how overly nerfed they are...Those are the players who should be complaining not the RG`s, Genetics etc...

We can`t even use our BOWS in WOE because it`s like shooting toothpicks at our opponents...

#82 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Searching for info posted by people with this info is a good start at finding these...

http://forums.warppo...74-new-hp-mods/

http://forums.warppo...post__p__630855

@Cydra:
+125 def/mdef + immunity to stone curse, petrification and frozen without the need of cards for 3 mins and immunity to GX poisons for 30s is not an improvement on your tanking abilities?

@asayuu:
Swing dance is pretty op!

Thoroughly confused as your post says:
The existing hp mod for an rk is 18,603 down from 22,260

What Heim posted is:
The existing hp mod for an rk is 14883 down from 17808

So how is there a 4k hp discrepancy in what is actually being put in is what im asking.

#83 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

@Creza:
It is 50 hits which means 7s of constant attack at 193 ASPD assuming activation on all hits. statistically it is 8.75s plenty of time for an RG to kill a GX. I seriously don't know why people are complaining about the new RD. It still remains very powerful.

@rivermans:
I guess you are new to this game and don't know what Trans means?

@Cubical:
OB's damage IS NOT NERFFED. Why you spreading false rumours?

Edited by Clogon, 13 December 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#84 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

@Creza:
It is 50 hits which means 7s of constant attack at 193 ASPD assuming activation on all hits. statistically it is 8.75s plenty of time for an RG to kill a GX. I seriously don't know why people are complaining about the new RD. It still remains very powerful.

@rivermans:

@Cubical:

I am not a noob to this game and would suggest you answer the question politely instead of being a jerk. You could of just said it was a trans modifier.

#85 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Trying to think of what to do with my spellfister now since i'm losing 20% of my damage and will no longer
be able to kill high level stuff in one spellfist.

1) Cry and QQ
2) Making a living as a SP slave
3) Dust off the linker and go back to hindsighting.

Hmmm...

#86 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

@Creza:

@rivermans:

@Cubical:

only the third hit was from the kRO patches. More SP cost to use the skill i would consider that a nerf and is possibly in tonights patch.

- Corrected an issue where overbrand's knockback bonus damage would apply to boss monsters.

http://forums.irowik...light=OverBrand

Read what i'm loving typing before posting

Edited by Cubical, 13 December 2011 - 07:58 PM.

#87 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

@rivermans:
The first sentence of the post that I linked you clearly says

I totally forgot I had access to these things any ways here are the new HP mods for 150 Trans classes.

So should I assume you are a new player or someone that doesn't know how to read?

@Cubical:
It is not included in this patch hence it is not nerfed... Yet.

#88 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Regarding the Item Mall GUI, was there a way to take it off screen? From what I've seen of it on Sakray, it was just an annoying button placed at a really awkward location on the screen, and upon accidentally clicking it instead of a tile you wanted to step on, you get the Item Mall popup which distracts you until monsters nearby have killed you.

Same here, it was annoying as -.- :P

#89 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

December 13 we will be applying the Skill balance patch. For many of you this is old news that you've been milling over for months already. For some that aren't as familiar with the behind the scenes discussions here on the forums this may be a bit of new news.

1st, most of this maintenance is about just implementing of the Skill balance update. With it there are some other system changes that we need to update as well.

1st Some 3rd classes do have HP modifications. Below is the changes, this would be level 150 with 0 vit (vit adds 1% HP)

• Rune Knight 17808 -> 14883
  • Warlock 6960 -> 7669
  • Ranger 10451 -> no change
  • Archbishop 8283 -> no change
  • Mechanic 10897 -> 12531
  • GX Cross 13188 -> no change
  • Shadow Chaser 13188 -> no change
  • Royal Guard 13188 -> no change
  • Sorcerer 10451 -> 8883
  • Minstrel 10451 -> no change
  • Wanderer 10451 -> no change
  • Sura 10897 -> no change
  • Genetic 8283 -> 9111
Also most monsters in the game received updates to some of their stats like dex or damage and Experience reward. Monsters still exists within their current level range. The Turn In rewards will be adjusted accordingly. Typically exp for the 1-99 levels was lessened from monsters, while the monsters at the 130+ were increased. The overall intention is to make a more gradual and natural leveling curve. This is not a project that is complete from kRO or from us. We will be spending the next few weeks looking at quest rewards and making them feel like a more a natural part of the characters progression rather than a complete aside for time and effort spent. Please read the very bottom of this post for what this means and why we pushed to get this completed today.

Skill Resets: There will be a new very flamboyant NPC in the Eden Group that will do a full stat/skill reset 1 time for free. If you want more resets on that character it will take 1 Reset stone for the 2nd, 2 for the 3rd 3 for the 4th etc (#ofReset - 1)= reset stones needed

The Kafra shop has largely moved into the Item Mall GUI which is a button near the minimap, this will work on most maps for access to the kafra shop. For now we will leave the NPCs in the 2nd floor of the Eden Group while you adjust to the update.

Maintenance notes:

• New Turnin from Gramps
  • Reset NPC in the Eden Group Kitchen
  • Item Mall GUI added to the game
  • Skill and class rebalance added.
  • Christmas Lucky Box added until 12/27 (scheduled)
Next week we are trying to update 14.1, as many of those contents may directly enhance your current game play in ways that will make more sense with this skill update, so we do not want to overly delay on that implementation, plus it is a great time for us to advertise the game in the media if we have an episode update.

Next week will also be event WoEs of some sort, this means that this weeks castle holders will lose their castles next maintenance, their Econ and holdings backed up and reapplied once the event WoEs are over. During the event woes only certain realms will open up during the WoE period, and there will be 2 castles on the realm that are "normal" and 3 that are event WoE based, reward will not be treasure (indeed treasure won't spawn anyway) but will be items that help the guild make zeny and recouperate WoE cost.

*-------- Long winded explanation follows ------------*

We began talking about the Skill Balance we were working on since last April, with expectations of having all the skill updates applied sometime last July. kRO at that time was directly working on a new skill balance that took feedback from many countries into account and was better received than the original, they wanted us to hold on until August/September to get the skill balance update. It was plausible to do this since huge sweeping changes should be few and far between, and this is a large change to be honest. When we were discussing our update schedule there were a lot of mini updates that had to precede the skill balance, as the skill balance was built with the "physics" of 14.1 in mind, which basically means that certain game functions only work with the 14.1 build.

So the Indonesia Map, Brasilis, 13.3 and the Costume Tab all needed to precede the Skill Balance update. That meant delays in our schedule. We were planning to be at this point of implementation in Late october or Early November, but we had certain technical difficulties due to this being the first implementation of this update outside of kRO or jRO, and not having workable files to work on our English systems. These are the sort of things that happen in development, normally we don't get so much at once, but it isn't unheard of. If we don't launch today that means 14.1 has to be delayed into next year, because the next 2 weeks are going into Holiday time which means very lessened support and ability to affect changes and fixes quickly. (Plus I had 2011 marketing budget planned for these updates, it going *poof* would make me cry with the lost opportunity)

I know with certainty that there are going to be things that are disliked in this update, likely because a class was glossed over, or made weaker or another class skills got enhanced etc. I know that is true and would happen in any sort of skill update, but I really hope that we all can look at this properly as a step in the right direction. Originally it was thought this would be the "end all patch" for skill balance from kRO, but after much discussion about feedback from around the world and the very passionate discussions over the last many months a new, more realistic, mindset emerged. It is impossible to fix everything at once, and really an MMO keeps evolving so constant tweeks have to happen, if feedback and the needs of the individual versions aren't addressed it will harm their player base and ultimately business. I know those statements sound like "duh" statements but a large business is not a person it is numbers and it doesn't have common sense it just has resource management and efficiency desires, and trying to cram an idea that uses resources without imediate gain is *hard*.

So 2011 is step 1, its long overdue but oh so needful. 2012 will likely have at least 1 if not 2 skill tweek updates (much smaller than this) , we need to take your feedback on how things are after this patch and get changes made. Things like resistances, damage, combination effects between skills etc all are things we want to modify. We pushed this update through Sakray faster than many of you wanted, and didn't allow tons of build testing, this was very intended as we knew it was impossible to make "balance changes" on this patch, it is a yes or no not a line item veto power. It takes months to get changes applied properly through the kRO then out to the world patches, I can't let iRO sit as it is for many months while we nitpick on specific skills, it just adds more frustration that we aren't moving forward. The Sakray testing was just to make sure the skills did what they were stated to change to (we will update the website as we can) testing builds so often misses the point of verification testing which was why the limitations.

Nice, but Heim did not write this; what did you do with Heim?
Well whoever is in the driver's seat I hope you guys are honestly open to committing to player input, as this statement implies.
And I'm not talking about the usual ass kissing "yes man" stuff that GMs want to hear. Please feel free to ask for me to elaborate on this if you don't catch my drift.

Edited by GhostShadow, 13 December 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#90 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

Once this is live we can take ideas that are well thought out and try to get them implemented, so now begins the point where we can try to make new things happen regarding the classes. This is why it is important to not keep delaying. I think Sorc HP was due to PVM concerns more than PVP, and likely the opposite for the RKs. Really I personally think the Mechanics HP should match up with the GX crowd but we'll look at that later.

#91 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

Really I personally think the Mechanics HP should match up with the GX crowd but we'll look at that later.

Selfdestruction doesn't need a buff Heim. =( Increasing their resistance (NOT DEF but actual damage resistance) via Mado Licencing or Gear Frame is a much better idea.

#92 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

so how long is gonna take the maintence ?_? afer 12 am or even more

they said 8 hours +

#93 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Once this is live we can take ideas that are well thought out and try to get them implemented, so now begins the point where we can try to make new things happen regarding the classes. This is why it is important to not keep delaying. I think Sorc HP was due to PVM concerns more than PVP, and likely the opposite for the RKs. Really I personally think the Mechanics HP should match up with the GX crowd but we'll look at that later.

And Rangers continuously get ignored...

Why is there so much hate for this class?

#94 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

can you confirm we are getting kafra poisonbottle/ acid bombs?

#95 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Yes, Warlocks need more HP =)

#96 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

And I'm not sure if this was put on sakray (I didn't test it), but isn't swing dance supposed to be OP? I heard it's supposed to give 193 aspd to *anyone?* at job 50 wanderer...

No. It does not work that way. It depends on what your current aspd already was. Maybe a ranger with 187 aspd would hit 193, but they suck in WoE too so it's a moot point.

that and classical pluck/slow grace/song of despair are the only support options I can think of x_x

lol. Do people still Pluck? I don't think I've seen one since I came back after renewal. If anybody still does it on Ymir please message me, I want to come watch for a laugh. Slow Grace in theory is still ok, but there are much better debuffs that do much the same thing. Also with Slow Grace, it requires you to get up close and personal with those you are targeting. Back in the days of pre-trans this was not much of a problem as pure Vit WoE Dancers were tough little things. Renewal not so much. Performer HP mod has not really kept up with the damage output of other classes.

So what was it again that Wanderers do in WoE now? Answers on a post card thanks.

But everyone has to admit DSL was insanely OP and needed to go.Either deep sleep moves get nerfed (the current balance patch) or implement a headgear card for deep sleep immunity (adding it to nightmare card would be nice :3)

No need for a headgear/card because with the balance patch AB's can Clear and Lauda Deep Sleep at a distance. This is one of the good changes about the balance patch. The only shame is, I very much doubt I will need to do it that much the way DSL is working now. DSL needed a bit of a nerf, but not rendering useless as the patch will do.

#97 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

If there's poison bottles in the lucky box, there will be a good excuse for me to drop chaser and pick up GX again :3

Edit: Chibi alliance on Valk used CP, idk about Ymir o.o

Edited by Falcifer, 13 December 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#98 PokeMeIm

PokeMeIm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Is it possible to give an estimate time frame of when the servers may be up half-way through maintenance? Or at least give us some type of updates throughout the night. So we aren't in the dark about it.

#99 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Once upon a time it was mentioned that IRO had free rein to make the major changes they needed but where held back for final major development from KRO/JRO, I can't quote specifics as it was years back, I'm seeing this is somewhat what was explained to be why major changes where held back, I hope this is the point that IRO can start to make bigger changes to tailor their product to the International market they are dealing with.
Specifically taking out redundant parts of the game, adding new PVP systems, new reward systems for the PVP, various mini games; Options for new Kafra shop items like Various Auras, permanent kafra storage upgrades, new hairstyles, the list goes on.

Edited by GhostShadow, 13 December 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#100 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Is it possible to give an estimate time frame of when the servers may be up half-way through maintenance? Or at least give us some type of updates throughout the night. So we aren't in the dark about it.

they said 8 hours bro -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users