Skill Effect Requests - Page 4 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Skill Effect Requests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#76 Helen07

Helen07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

Everything is all fine!! They only want to make their favorite Jobs stronger but I agree in the other topic about Judex making it at least 500% MATK at level 5.. it is still low but Not overpowered unlike the suggestions here.

#77 Hikalu

Hikalu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDunno Where am i
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Huh, Is this RO??

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

[Taekwon Kid]

Skills: Sprint
Pre-patch :when use the skill At level 7 Above.. it doesnt had Sprut Status
Post-patch: Please make it on... ^^

Why and what to change:
Sprut Status need for tumbling skill... TK need it... cuz, they dont had defensive skill... ^^

Edited by Hikalu, 02 January 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#78 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Electric Shocker

SP Drain per second: (5 * Skill Level) %

Duration: (18 + 2 * Skill Level) - [(Targetâ??s AGI + VIT)/10] * 0.7seconds

Targetâ??s VIT and AGI reduces the duration of the trap by [{(VIT + AGI) / 10} x 0.7] seconds.

please change this skill on /20 or so

#79 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

Bumping for Dark Illusion not being usable in WoE maps, please fix it before maint or at least before the real WoE's start again

#80 Areitus

Areitus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

[Mechanic]
Skill name: Max Power Thrust
Pre-patch skill: Unequipting/changing weapon cancels the skill
Post-patch skill:Unequipting/changing any gear cancels the skill

Change: I find it annoying and tedious to level with max pt in this state. People have to change their gears when the're leveling and it's stupid to have a buff that cancels when you change your headgear or accessory or shield. It's a useless drain on your sp and zeny when you already have attack skills draining your sp not to mention it's crappy to have to max pt in the middle of a mob. This is really unnecessary, and there's no plausible explanation as to why this was changed. It's hard enough for axe builds to level with a low damage/cast delayed skill like axe tornado, but now we to put up with this new hassle.

[Warlock]
Skill: Frost Misty
Pre-Patch: 80% Freezing chance 27x27 Radius
Post-Patch: 50% Freezing 19x19

Change: As the only water skill warlocks get, it's a crucial skill for a class that is dependent on having a range of elemental spells. Jack frost is quite literally useless without frost curse. With so many skills in the warlock tree, it's hard to justify spending 10 points on this skill set with suck a low damage output. Storm gust, a SECOND CLASS skill, will easily out damage Jack Frost unless frost misty is present. It already had an ugly cool down, but to nerf the rate like that just made it completely obsolete. Warlocks are not a powerful class in terms of WOE, and serve only as a debuffing class, but without frost misty it seems they aren't even good for that anymore. It was just something that really didn't need to be nerfed, particularly on leveling maps.

#81 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Frost Misty should reaquire its 80% Freezing Chance vs Monsters and remain 50% vs Players.

#82 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

^ that's a better choice.

#83 Masterdelmal

Masterdelmal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sorcerer

Skill name Arrullo

Pre-patch skill:Causes Deep Sleep status on a single target and all those around the target. Cannot be cast on friendly targets.

Post-patch skill: Causes Deep Sleep status on a single target and all those around the target. Cannot be cast on friendly targets.
Can be prevened for nightmare card.

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back

Is necesary remove the immunity to deep sleep from that card, because is deep sleep no sleep

#84 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nightmare card does not prevent Deep Sleep, just fyi. The success rate just got nerfed.

#85 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Sorcerer

Skill name Arrullo

Pre-patch skill:Causes Deep Sleep status on a single target and all those around the target. Cannot be cast on friendly targets.

Post-patch skill: Causes Deep Sleep status on a single target and all those around the target. Cannot be cast on friendly targets.
Can be prevened for nightmare card.

Is necesary remove the immunity to deep sleep from that card, because is deep sleep no sleep

Nightmare card does not grant immunity to Deep Sleep. This was tested already. What you're experiencing is either the level penalty for status effects or simply the extremely nerfed Deep Sleep success rate for Arrullo, which was lowered down from 100% to 40% for Lv5. What you should be asking is for the success rates to be increased slightly. Bring it back up to 75% might be acceptable.

#86 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

no to that, deep sleep has been one of the most game-breaking status effect there is. literally woe pre-balance was all about standing still just because of that status effect alone. 40% is fine.

#87 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think Deep Sleep could be reverted to "old" rates, on both classes [performers and sorcerers].

The status effect had tons of counters pre-balance, and performers were useful for something. Now the skill got a new counter [Lauda Ramus]... so why not?

The duration seems nerfed, and the success rate too. [Actually, Arullo is "okay". Deep Sleep Lullaby has a bug and both success rate and duration are not working as intended]

#88 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

the only main reason that is fine in regards to bringing deep sleep back, is if we can attain immunity through stats for it.

like i said before, it is one of the most game-breaking status effect in woe. it makes people stand still for hell no one knows how long. lauda has after delay - you can't spam them. back in pre-re, stun was the most powerful status effect there is, but you could easily stat recover it (it's spammable especially in string), gain immunity, and it doesn't last way as long as deep sleep does. pre-balance, you could have 3-4 gypsy/maestro, and its VERY easy to deep sleep a whole guild for a long time, and you can't even gain immunity through the thing; so everyone literally wipes off.

and if that's not possible, buff another different wanderer skill. just because they're useless in woe, it doesn't mean the most powerful skill they have should be buffed.

#89 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Well, as long as the "minimum duration" on performer's DSL gets corrected [YES IT HAS A BUG], maybe the success rate is okay as is. [close to 60% at job 50 and maximum Voice Lessons. It was 90% pre-balance... in theory]

This is what I don't understand, because it seems Arullo works according to the formula, but DSL no.

And I'm against immunity via stats [@pre-balance freeze], but I think immunity via cards is okay. Maybe not MVP like stun, but something not easily farmable.

And about stun. I'm tired of spamming a skill to stun stuff and nothing stun. If the card to get immunity is MVP, the stat must be hard to get immunity, not the 100 VIT ANYONE can have.

@Laudas: Empowered Affection Set removes all the cooldown. Normal Affection Set lowers it to one second.

Again, Deep Sleep Lullaby is bugged, and the duration is under half of the intended. If it works, it must last at least 5 seconds on a 150/50 character with 100 INT. [Coincidence or not, Dazzler had 5 seconds stun on a character with 0 VIT]

Well, before requesting buffs or nerfs, we need to request the correction of the bug.

PS: kRO promised to allow DSL to work in PVM. At least the skill would be useful to make "omg aoe lex aeterna" and give us a new function :3

Is it seriously iRO can't change the skill to be allowed in PVM too? T_T

Edited by asayuu, 16 January 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#90 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

a good stat to be used in regards for immunity to deep sleep would probably be luk. just because barely anyone gets them/majority of people only gets up to 20-30 base (except some class that tends to get high luk, but again this is a bit like pre-renewal where LK would naturally go and gain high vit for stun immunity). this differentiate between woe build and regular pvm build. also similar to how many woe-characters that has high luk simply for resisting howl.

petitioning about a card is something close-to-impossible to do, so i probably won't even bother with that.

kRO will most likely see the big picture; they look and make changes in regards to how abusable updates are and most likely the reason why deep sleep isn't allowed in pvm. and about other bugs, i can agree with allowing that to be fixed first before requesting changes.

#91 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

I still don't understand though... They [devs] sent files supposed to be working on their mains, but then the same files supposed to be working on mains are bugged to us >.<... And they will seem to send the fixes as slow as they took to send the balance patch, not mattering how much our GMs report... [of course, making the assumption THEY ARE REPORTING]

I wonder how kRO behaves with the other servers now.

Edited by asayuu, 17 January 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#92 Hokubokosni

Hokubokosni

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

[Sorcerer]

Skill name: Warmer

Problem summary: Heals MVPs

This was probably the case pre-patch, but it's definitely the case post-patch. Is there a way to make MVPs immune to the healing effects of warmer? Not for nothing, but a 15% hp/3sec heal on a 1m+ hp monster is either a very clever use of a skill to heal an MVP you didn't find until it was almost dead to full and then deal more damage than whoever DID find it first, -or- a great way to trololo. Granted, you could just run the mvp out of warmer, if you're not stunlocked or whatever, but by the time you do that, you're still looking at pretty significant heal to the MVP. I remember when Healing MVPs = banhammer, so I would think that this is an unintended use of the skill, and, if it isn't, you can bet I'll be using my Sorc a lot more to save an MVP from death until I can get a Sura on scene!

And yes, I have had a few mvps stolen from me in this manner, I give props to those doing it, it's clever, but I think the skill needs to be changed to remove this functionality of it.

#93 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Bumping again for the Dark Illusion skill fix, still can't be used in any WoE maps, real WoE's starting this sat already >.<

#94 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

Ranked forged weapons gaining seeking damage chance like the mummy+ancient mummy card combo please. It's due time for Ranked Forged weapons to be of some use.

#95 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

[Rogue]

Skill: Piece and Remover

Pre-patch effect: NOTHING
Post-patch effect: STILL NOTHING

Honestly, these skills have been useless since the day rogues were added to the game. I'd say either remove them and then make Scribble the pre-req for the ground paint skills instead, or else make Piece buff the success rate of masquerades and Remover a way to remove paint from allies and party members. Or else allow remover to remove ground paints, or something. Anything. Just don't make these skills a waste of skill points that you have to get if you're planning on getting half of the shadow chaser skill tree.

[Priest]

Skill: Slow Poison

Pre-patch effect: Halt damage from poison.
Post-patch effect: Same as before

I realize priests already have their hands full but I think slow poison is a dumb skill and could at least be used to counteract GX poisons as well. If it removed a GX poison on a single target with a long delay, the skill *might* be worth some consideration on the priest tree. Honestly this skill just needs some sort of update to be a little less laughable.

[Wizard]

Skill names: Storm Gust, Lord of Vermillion, Meteor Storm

Just a general request to remove/lower fixed cast time on these skills. The damage is easily outpaced by 3rd class skills. I've watched my wizard sit through painfully slow casts, to see all the mobs killed in a flash by a psychic wave from a sorcerer which casts faster than Lord of Vermillion, and for more damage even when I had elemental advantage and mystic amp and a +9 kronos. I think the damage is okay, but the cast time is brutal for what you get.

#96 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

[Royal Guard]

Inspiration
-XP requirement

I know it has been said many times, but 1% XP requirement is harsh, the skill already has tons of downsides.
- Full dispel
- Short duration
- Very long re-use timer
- Doing damage makes you lose HP
- 1% XP lost upon use
- Cost a lot of skill points

I understand it's a powerful skill, but RG's don't want to XP after reaching lvl 150. RG's usualy don't get the MVP bonus because they aren't the main killers. It can't be spammed it has a 5 minutes re-use timer. If you really want to keep the XP penalty, make it last 3 minutes instead of 1:30.

#97 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

[Sorc]
Skill name Arulio
Pre-patch skill
Post-patch skill

Most of all this skill needs a Graphic at the moment it has none, I don't mind its ground base if it had a graphic and lasted on the ground for a little longer say 2x longer than it does now,
as well, I wish it was little higher % chance don't have to be 100% but 85 to 90 or so would be good enough. Make it last longer too, as it is now, real time only lasts less than 6 seconds.

12 seconds would be reasonable and not OP like Clowns Deep sleep was. with lag included that works out to about 10seconds actual real time.

Edited by GhostShadow, 20 January 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#98 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

read previous posts.

a deep sleep that literally works everytime (85-90% chance), sleeps for 12 seconds, and is aoe around what it hits? that's like me casting a lightning that stuns 85-90% of time, ignores vit, and is aoe which last for a very long 12 seconds. plus arullo can be casted at almost instant cast.

you have bad idea there.

#99 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

[Stalker]
Skill name Magnetic Field
Pre-patch skill 3x3,5x5,7x7 cell range, lasted longer, drained less sp
Post-patch skill 5x5,5x5,5x5 8 seconds, 50sp per second

This skill is mado only, drains sp like crazy and you can still snap/slide and hide. its not warg bite, its not cursed circle and by no means is a 5x5 range going to help with suicidal destruction... its a usless skill... if it was 7x7 and acted like a bard song stoping everyone coming within a 5x5/7x7 cell range on the mado, lasted 30 seconds and drain sp... then it would be a decent "usable" skill

#100 Masterdelmal

Masterdelmal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Fix arrullo please

Now is useless

I think 60 - 80% is good but 40% is a Sh.............%$*&!.
@Aeoaku

The sorcer class is supportive type, we cant have skill more powerful than other skills from other class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users