January 10 maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 10 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#76 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

VIPs already have 1.5 xp 1.5 drops more Storage Space and a lot more [see link: VIP] i'm not complaining that they have too much. but would you not say that a plenty for your 7 dollar?

Its not a case of 'more'. VIP Ymir players just have what they have always had when they paid a monthly sub as a premium player. It's not a case of having 'more' or 'plenty' for the $7, it's now that non VIPs now get less than they used to get for free. That's life though. "you get what you pay for"

As for storage, a Valk and Ygg non VIP valk player can make as many accounts as they want (limited to 3 characters) and have multiple storage accounts. Ymir players (regardless of being VIP or not) can not do this.

Edited by lainee, 07 January 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#77 Sasamie

Sasamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

I don't care what you do to mess with casual players any more, just fix homunculi's flee, please I'm begging you. :wave:
(All types of homunculi are missing exactly 100 flee, making them unable to dodge monsters half their level. This is likely due to the bonus of 1 flee per level not being applied to them when you opened up the level cap to 150.)

#78 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

VIPs already have 1.5 xp 1.5 drops more Storage Space and a lot more [see link: VIP] i'm not complaining that they have too much. but would you not say that a plenty for your 7 dollar?

What i'm talking about really is about you need finish the first to get the second that make use the bm useless to TI, because u going to trade only one. Some people sugestion was for to warp to locations it could be nice, but let be serious, not gonna happen, just let we pick both the same time and we good.

Let me explain: Yes we can but you not seeing the full picture, you need to FINISH AND Turn it in the first to get the second so 1 bm each part. and i serosly doubt you can finish 400 of the second run before the BM run to turn in the second. so it's not worth use BM anymore to TI for non vip. vips just finish open the BMx3 and turn it in.
So: Vip do 2 TI and have both with one BM, non-vip get one finish with BM, then get another and to that second be with BM they need ANOTHER BM.

EDIT ADD:

I agree with her, and futher more using her exemple to what i am complaining, VIP use one BM to Turn it in the 4 TIs, non-vip to have all BM they need 4 BM.

I don't like the change Heim announce, i like the proposal non vip's cannot reset via reset stone but get both TI's quest at once. (like the old way, just no reset of the counter, if they really want to penalise non vip people)

#79 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Two TIs for each level is great.

#80 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Two TIs for each level is great.

4 are greater (read: more Dimiks plzzzz)

#81 Jebus2kk

Jebus2kk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationOxford, England
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

How about you remove the 3 hour cool down please :thumb: cuz its pooop thanks :thumb:

#82 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Why is the stacker not stacking reset stones? can't reset for this reason, am I missing something?

#83 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

I don't think any non-VIP is going to like this update, whereas VIPs think it's completely fair? Just seems like this is making the thread VIPs vs non-VIPs. As a non-VIP, this is going to make me only able to level one character per week instead of two characters time/money wise. A lot of non-VIPs have VIP lvling friends, and vice versa. Our VIP friends are already out-lvling us by so much that it's impossible to catch up without a lot of BMs, etc. Why increase this gap even more? Do non-VIPs really have to lvl with other non-VIPs only and VIPs can only lvl with other VIPs? That's definitely not healthy AT ALL for the game community.

#84 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Why is the stacker not stacking reset stones? can't reset for this reason, am I missing something?

There are some older Reset Stones that don't automatically stack with the new ones. Normally the new ones would stack together by themselves after you open the boxes they're in. Send in a ticket or something? :v

#85 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

I remember when the VIP people complained to let non-vips use the summoner by costing one reset stone.

It's "okay" for the non-vip be punished a little because the person is not paying but... Why not a better bonus for people who use the reset stones? "get two quests" is not enough.

Why not making the reset stone work as a "1-day VIP" for gramps? Being able to get two quests, instant "first-reset", warp and such. Except the EXP stack [main problem of the turnin] and double badges, keep it for the VIPs only.

This is not buffing non-vips, but buffing non-vips who are supporting the game one way or another.

Look:

7 days of this = 7 x $1 = $7. If the person prefers spending with resets instead of VIP, this is another story.

Also, if someone says "omg they can get reset stones for free by using eden merit badges". Did you knew the WP site has a "Survey" page? Therefore you can get ANYTHING on Kafra Shop for free. EMB is just a ingame option that takes A LOT for a non-vip reach.

The main point on my post is. VIP is the main incentive. But there must exist any kind of benefit for who want to pay a little less. In the end, VIP is better, look:

VIP = $7 for:

- 9 characters able to quest
- 30 days.

Reset Stone on my proposal = $1 for:

- 1 character able to quest
- 1 day.

[It can be 10 days if the staff wishes too. I'm sure some non-vips STILL use the summoner on their characters]

#86 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

wtf since we got the balance patch, the new updates are coming way too fast lol. thats good

keep it going.
:thumb:

#87 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

All I see is "QQ I am getting something free but it is not enough, give me more!". Warpportal needs money to survive, nothing in the world is free. My god, what is wrong with the community seriously. People have paid for their accounts for over 7 years while it was P2P and nobody complained.

RO doesn't even charge you for "expansions" like other MMOs do. The only charge is 7 dollars a month if you want to. If not you can still log onto the game but not have a lot of the benefits, that's all.

Ask the hundreds private servers owners how they keep their server alive and F2P... There is a difference with "paying the bills" and "greed"
And iRO is a shame in terms of lags and latency.
And what is wrong with the community here is the US ethnocentrism. lol

btw Sakray is still down.

#88 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ask the hundreds private servers owners how they keep their server alive and F2P...

By effectively stealing the intellectual property that belongs to Gravity, and avoiding paying any licensing/royalties fees to Gravity. The private servers that operate from within the US, only do so because Gravity Co., Ltd. in Korea had an incredibly inept legal team back when they half heatedly attempted to deal with the issue.

And what is wrong with the community here is the US ethnocentrism

There are other official servers to choose from if people don't like iRO's VIP payment structure and prices. fRO in Europe, bRO in Brazil etc.

Edited by lainee, 07 January 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#89 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ask the hundreds private servers owners how they keep their server alive and F2P... There is a difference with "paying the bills" and "greed"
And iRO is a shame in terms of lags and latency.
And what is wrong with the community here is the US ethnocentrism. lol

btw Sakray is still down.

You do realized that those servers don't to pay Copyright to kRO cause what they're doing is illegal.
Also iRO have people with jobs to pay. A private server usually doesn't have that many people, laws and what not to pay.
Comparing a private server which is illegal, doesn't pay taxes the way a legal company does and a whole bunch of other things is very dumb thing to do.

There's a difference with "Legal servers" and "Illegal servers" too.

Edited by iiNote, 07 January 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#90 Masterdelmal

Masterdelmal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

And the npc in eden

Temp Skill Resetter

stay another week?

#91 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

You do realized that those servers don't to pay Copyright to kRO cause what they're doing is illegal.
Also iRO have people with jobs to pay. A private server usually doesn't have that many people, laws and what not to pay.
Comparing a private server which is illegal, doesn't pay taxes the way a legal company does and a whole bunch of other things is very dumb.

There's a difference with "Legal servers" and "Illegal servers" too.

the only difference is that ilegal servers have real gms >-<?

becouse i bee seen a loooooooooooot of good features, events, sprites, etc from then....

in <>, WARMER HAVE SKILL ICON!!!!!! the skill descriptions are fixed loooooooong time ago, they are 100000% more active

User was banned for this post.

#92 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hey Heim, Oda, whoever, can you consider doing something to add Karvos into the game, it's getting more and more rare on ymir, do realize that enchant deadly poison skill only lasts 1-1.5 minutes, and without it a gx has the attack of a defensive character, obviously its not very neccessary at low lvls, but for monsters 120+, mvps, woe,pvp, etc..

Obviously on a server like valk it's heavily botted, mabye you can add it in to the list of items you can get from eden badges? Or even just adjust the rates on premium servers/make different monsters drop at higher rates.

In game i'm probably gonna have to raise the buying price on my shop just to get them, I tried spending half hour hunting it, found 1. With money sinks all over the game, mabye you can adjust drop rates/add to eden exchange now?

#93 jackyan26

jackyan26

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Why does TIs have to be like that for non-VIPs? Was it like that before the this TI mess started?

PS. LOL ouch! Did sayoko get banned for naming a private server? Bit harsh but hilarious!

#94 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Ask the hundreds private servers owners how they keep their server alive and F2P... There is a difference with "paying the bills" and "greed"And iRO is a shame in terms of lags and latency.And what is wrong with the community here is the US ethnocentrism. lolbtw Sakray is still down.

Oh noes, a company that wants to make money. BURN THE WITCH!

Seriously.. the fact that you even compare the two. How does a thief make money? That's your answer to your question.

#95 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

-- We may in the future create maps specifically for the Turnins so we can better control access and skills on the maps, but not ready at this time.

may I suggest Old kobold map and Eden group get rid of Vend... is horrible now =S

#96 BearyBear

BearyBear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

are you going to fix the lag and logging in problems?
if u dont fix those,how do u expect people to buy your VIP services?
Should i pay to NOT play? cos im having trouble playing since the last patch,the lag goes on and off.
Logging in takes 10-20minutes and even after i log in, the lag comes.

#97 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

A bit of teaser information about this coming Maintenance.

Mace of Judgement recycle NPC plz. This is ridiculous!

Posted Image

#98 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image

how did u get SO MANY?

#99 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

Posted Image

thats 140 mora coins sitting right there

#100 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Yes. Please make a Mora recycler NPC for Warlocks and Archbishops. I have so many pieces of equipment I don't even want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users