January 10 maintenance - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 10 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#101 AssassinGuy

AssassinGuy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

What. did you guys just make it worst for non-vips :/

come on, just put everything back to the way it was. I'm sure you guys want us all to level up. this sure makes turn ins a hassle =_=

I was so looking forward to the old TI system back and now you just put more holes through my sanity (thanks a lot Gainax >:/)

#102 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

Seriously, my non-VIP friends were talking and we are going to start "R> non-vip only" turn ins because this is so ridiculous. And yes we are well geared and have ABs and AOEs in our lvling groups; we have 150/50 characters and these are our new 3rd class characters. There is no reason for non-VIPs and VIPs to lvl together anymore because of this huge unnecessary gap.

#103 turbomant

turbomant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

Seriously, my non-VIP friends were talking and we are going to start "R> non-vip only" turn ins because this is so ridiculous. And yes we are well geared and have ABs and AOEs in our lvling groups; we have 150/50 characters and these are our new 3rd class characters. There is no reason for non-VIPs and VIPs to lvl together anymore because of this huge unnecessary gap.

i agree with you. non-vip will making gap with VIP.

#104 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

Fix the bugs (kvm swords/dagger slaughter bonuses etc) and put a reuse time in yggseed/Berry.

I'll have to send a ticket?

Edited by SirDouglas, 08 January 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#105 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Let's boycott VIP yeah! R> Non-VIP only

#106 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

What. did you guys just make it worst for non-vips :/

come on, just put everything back to the way it was. I'm sure you guys want us all to level up. this sure makes turn ins a hassle =_=

I was so looking forward to the old TI system back and now you just put more holes through my sanity (thanks a lot Gainax >:/)

That is similar to what I said on the older thread. You are not encouraged to be VIP, you are forced to do so. The game became horribly unfair.

#107 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

how did u get SO MANY?

that's not even all of them

AND I got an empowered version of them, like... when i broke/enchanted a few of the maces out of boredom. :thumb:

#108 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

what is the level range for the upcoming ti anyway?
is it 125-140 or 135-150?

#109 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

+1 @ mora re cycler that guys inventory looks retarded. I hate the randomness in this game when it comes to equipment like that

also the VIP stuff is also kinda retarded...good thing i solo by myself. I wish i could party with people that wherent vip but it seems even less likely hood now

#110 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Its already hard to get a TI party organized as it is, this new change is only going to make it worse.

2 suggestions.

1. Take out TIs for non vips all together, just kill it instead of giving it a slow death.

2. Go back to monthly subscription.

#111 Cylon

Cylon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Maintenance is almost here!!! With all the propose changes, lets not forget to remove that minor cooldown that the woe petbreeder has for the mech's madogear ;-)

Edited by Cylon, 09 January 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#112 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

I just wanna voice my 2 cents on the Gramps chageup. It's awesome that he's going back to the way he was, but I can't help but feel like non-VIPs are getting kicked in the balls here. I mean, from the people I know they won't even do the TI at all if they aren't VIP solely because Gramps doesn't warp them there. It's a real pain to walk all the way to the map in question, especially one that's way out in the boonies. Not to mention the quest dungeons like Robot Factory or the bottom floors of Juperos. My opinion, is that I think if non-VIPs can only do 1 at a time without having to blow a reset stone for 2, they should at least be able to warp directly there. If this would require a fee of some sort it may still be balanced enough to try.

#113 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

For those complaining about warps only given to VIPs, start pushing for priority on turn in only maps. If such a map is implemented, then they'll have to make warps open for everyone.

Compared to this week's single turn-ins, we should be grateful that we're getting the possibility to have double turn-ins again, let alone having turn-ins at all.

#114 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

oh and Heim, include the Charlie Hat and moustache in the costume shop please (as on Sakray).

You know you want to.

this please

#115 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

what is the level range for the upcoming ti anyway?
is it 125-140 or 135-150?

Im curious about this too, what are the planned level ranges for this week TIs?

And you guys got so spoilled, i remember back in the day when those TI events started to happend, you had to do the entrance quests if you wanted to take adventage of them. Also didnt some of you were complaining that these TIs made the game awfully easy? Well now you can do the respective quests to make it more interesting for you, and lastly, if you guys think its an unfair game for making it easier for VIP, ask yourself why you deserve to have the same adventage if you dont pay for the service?

#116 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Im curious about this too, what are the planned level ranges for this week TIs?

And you guys got so spoilled, i remember back in the day when those TI events started to happend, you had to do the entrance quests if you wanted to take adventage of them. Also didnt some of you were complaining that these TIs made the game awfully easy? Well now you can do the respective quests to make it more interesting for you, and lastly, if you guys think its an unfair game for making it easier for VIP, ask yourself why you deserve to have the same adventage if you dont pay for the service?

I think they should just take out the Warp option and let everyone walk. We already have the advantage of two mobs. That way everyone walks, both sides are equal. Exercise is good for you, Heh. (VIP here btw, before some VIP tells me I'm a non-VIP hater xD)

I agree that the warp makes the VIP look selfish since the non-VIPs have to walk all the way to join the VIPs, I've seen it during the parties I've made. And It is kinda selfish that you don't help your party members. I for one don't like it.

Edited by iiNote, 09 January 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#117 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yea I think the turn in right now is better for all level range.... cause it'll be a waste of vip time if you're not in the range of any of the turn ins for this week so you have no choice but to wait for next week so that's 1 week waste of vip there.... Just leave the way the turn in is right now Heim...

Edited by BIade, 09 January 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#118 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

I think they should just take out the Warp option and let everyone walk. We already have the advantage of two mobs. That way everyone walks, both sides are equal. Exercise is good for you, Heh. (VIP here btw, before some VIP tells me I'm a non-VIP hater xD)

I agree that the warp makes the VIP look selfish since the non-VIPs have to walk all the way to join the VIPs, I've seen it during the parties I've made. And It is kinda selfish that you don't help your party members. I for one don't like it.

Quite often (at least on Ymir) there are on-going parties on the TI maps, where people might go back to TI, grab the quest again (if they skipped a day) or use a reset stone and come straight back. In most of these cases people are often at different stages of their kill count and party members will be added and leave at various stages of the parties life span. Without the warps it would be impossible to do these type of parties effectively. To get rid of VIP warps is truly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum. If you want to walk - that's fine - more power to you, but don't try and impose such stupidity on others. Maybe its just a Valk thing - but on Ymir (thankfully) the majority of people that you do TIs have VIP so it's really not an issue. Maybe you should just ask Heim to remove VIP warps on Valk only if you have such a problem with it(and thus removing another reason for people to buy VIP in the first place, which again is a greater problem on Valk than it is Ymir). I doubt you will make your self very popular with the other VIP players on Valk though...

Non VIP should be allowed to warp mainly so those with VIP don't have to wait around for them (as not having the warps for non-vip screws the gaming experience of both VIP and non VIP alike)

#119 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Private Servers = Thieves..

These guys suck the life out of the people who truly made the game, of people who make an honest living, and people who actually pay taxes.

Thank God i found iRO, i was supposed to go to a private server myself, but thank goodness for iRO

if i were to watch a movie, id buy a ticket, soon enough here, ill by some cash stuff here as well :thumb:

I hate the lag though... I have to Wake up 5am in the morning just to play, and end it in 9am.. then the rest is just pure vending and occasional DC... :thumb:

Edited by mikeberserkr, 09 January 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#120 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

I hate the lag though... I have to Wake up 5am in the morning just to play, and end it in 9am.. then the rest is just pure vending and occasional DC... :P

Same case here, I have to wake up around 3-4 am just to play and do some grinding. It's the only time that I feel little less lag. Ha ha.

#121 Arep67

Arep67

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

8 years ago i didnt play this game becos its p2p. and May this year i started playing it becos i just knew its free to play. and for a free game this is #1 imo. bout the changes, yeh its kinda a slap to the face for non vips. I understand. but really, in my opinion we should be grateful that theres evev a turn in at all. being a 150 arent meant to be a walk in the park. I remember those days where i would grind at magmarings with my rk until im 110 cs-ing magma one by one all the time :P. when the ti came levelling is x1000 times easier. you grind while u kill and u get millions of exp when u ti. About the vip thing, do u think this server will live if no one pays? dont cry if one day IRO is out of order.go play in those private servers that have "superb" gms. Just an honest opinion.

#122 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

They should simply make Gramps charge somewhere around 5-20k per quest warp. Would still give people a reason to get VIP, and would also put some zeny back into the game instead of other players. Just my opinion.

#123 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

hooooyahhh!!! reset all my char for no actual reason while i still can!!

#124 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

We need a zeny sink. All this game's money is being traded almost exclusively via Kafra Shop (ores, upgrade certs, stuff like that) and the game's actual items have become a tough sell.

Sinking some of that zeny will force people into vending, which will bring out all that stuff people have in their carts but haven't "felt like" vending and since a ton of people would also do that, prices would come down because of duplicity among items.

Also,

FIX EMPOWERED STAVES AND ADD A MORA RECYCLER.

#125 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Alchemist list reset, yes? ... yes? ? ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users