January 10 maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 10 maintenance

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#51 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Where do you live that the exchange rate is so messed up?
I live in germany and for us 7$ is like 4 EUR. Thats nothing.

see the link Hmmm 5 dollar=15 local money 3x.
Through seems that WP have some other options, but i can't see right now[my need to slow now to open the Power up thingie]
and i did pay 30Reais[loca money] for 10dollars worth WP sometime ago and that is 3 times.

1, 2, and 2b. You are not helping your case. Stop spending your VIP money on in game items. It ruins the economy. Anybody can make zenny without spending real money. And if you are spending money on in game items 2b is null and void.

Who said anything i'm selling items buyed from KP assume nothing.

And yes I love to troll. But seriously, I have no respect for obese people. And it was relevant to the point of my post. Substitute 1 day of fast food for 1 month of VIP. And don't try to tell me there are people who play this game that don't go to fast food restaurants. Unless you are Bill Gates rich you go to fast food restaurants on occasion-->frequently. Fast food is fast and cheap. And nobody who is dirt poor and can't afford fast food can afford a computer/internet service to play this game in the first place. Therefore you go to fast food restaurants. :wave:

I never go Fast food restaurants. not soo cheap here. i don't have Internedt sevice, i use Dial up and in my country the times i'm online is the cheaper time. u pay a pulse and nothing more that, here is everyday from 00:01-->5:59AM anf week end Sat 2:00PM-->all sunday, till monday 5:59AM. my computer is broken and never will be fixed. i use a laptop that suck and RO is the best i can run.

Edited by TsukishiroSayuki, 06 January 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#52 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

in mexico the salarium minimun per day its 57 pesos, thats like five dollars.........

oh yeah, PER DAY 5 DOLLARS.............

#53 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

HOMUNCULUS S!!! :wave:
Sry, had to get that out XD Dieter here I come :sigh:

Hopefully they wont be buggy!Also, by extension, are you adding extra floors or will they be connected by the sides/doors?

Edited by Soulkyoko, 06 January 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#54 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'd never level without VIP, however I would say if it's gonna be one turn In at a time should at least let them warp for convenince.

#55 aMoore

aMoore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHere and there.
  • Server:Chaos [Renewal]

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

I am with TsukishiroSayuki on this. People have their own reason why they can't pay for VIP. I for one have to pay Rm 25 for a month VIP. Thankfully, I can afford it, for now. I feels sorry for the non-VIP player, I am not always VIP, used to play this game for 4-5 months as non-VIP, so I know how hard it is being one. I am grateful that Gravity for making Ro free to play but I feels that non-VIP players are being punish too much.

#56 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'd never level without VIP, however I would say if it's gonna be one turn In at a time should at least let them warp for convenince.

This is a really good suggestion actually. If nothing else, think about it for the VIP paying customers: if the non-vip can't get to the quest area easily, they probably won't go, so there are less people for the VIP players to go with.

#57 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

I too agree that the non-VIP players of this game should at least get to warp to the area of the quest. I am a VIP account but have also been non VIP, us VIP players already get so much. It almost truley does seem like players are getting penalized for being non VIP, I know this is not the intent, but it is the feeling. The margin between VIP and non-VIP really doesn't need to be so large. Non-VIPs can't even warp to places that were available pre-VIP system for goodness sake!

#58 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Instead of agreeing or arguing each other, why dont u post a suggestion to make the difference between non-VIP and VIP players not far too extreme? I have no idea atm but maybe later, oh well... :wave:

Lol at my english.

#59 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

but in my opinion if vip gets free warp then for me i would not buy vip anymore :X maybe letting non-vip take both quest should be fine but i think to make it better for vip. those non-vip can only reset 1 time which is 23 hours while vip can reset after 3 hours

there is a reason why is called vip=very important person :wave:

btw if heim can force more people buy more vip maybe they will not release some promotion to destroy the economy since they get to hit the target? this part i m not sure heim is thinking this way thou :sigh:

Edited by slwl1, 07 January 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#60 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

us VIP players already get so much.

VIPs just get what we got previously when we paid our subscription to play on a premium server. Nothing more of less. Hardly 'so much'...

It almost truley does seem like players are getting penalized for being non VIP, I know this is not the intent,

No. That is pretty much the intent. Think of it as an incentive to buy at least one VIP per month for an account.

The margin between VIP and non-VIP really doesn't need to be so large.

The margin between VIP and non VIP still needs to equate to $7(US) - otherwise, why would people bother to buy VIP in the first place?

I do think that warps on occasion (depending on the map used for the TIs) can be a big problem though (and this is not always thought through when they pick the TIs). However, I also think the issue will vary from server to server. For example on Ymir, the majority of players that I have picked up random low level TI's with seem to have VIP (as a rough guess about 70-80% with only ever one or two needing warps). The higher the level the TI such as 140+, the more people tend to have VIP (I don't recall doing a 135+ TI with anyone that did not have VIP) Maybe it's a different situation on Valk or Ygg having a lower percentage/ratio of VIP's relative to the servers population size, which would probably have a greater negative impact there on TI parties.

Edited by lainee, 07 January 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#61 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

VIPs just get what we got previously when we paid our subscription to play on a premium server. Nothing more of less. Hardly 'so much'...

No. That is pretty much the intent. Think of it as an incentive to buy at least one VIP per month for an account.

The margin between VIP an non VIP still needs to equate to $7(US) - otherwise, why would people bother to buy VIP in the first place?

I do think that warps on occasion (depending on the map used for the TIs) can be a big problem though (and this is not always thought through when they pick the TIs). However, I also think the issue will vary from server to server. For example on Ymir, the majority of players that I have picked up random low level TI's with seem to have VIP (as a rough guess about 70-80% with only ever one or two needing warps). The higher the level the TI such as 140+, the more people tend to have VIP (I don't recall doing a 135+ TI with anyone that did not have VIP) Maybe it's a different situation on Valk or Ygg having a lower percentage/ratio of VIP's relative to the servers population size, which would probably have a greater negative impact there on TI parties.

Yeah, they need something everyone can benefit from.
Something like a 10% discount on the Kafra shop would be nice to me.
There's really so much that they could do, but it often seems like greed is what propels iRO. I know they don't pull the strings, but they sure do dance like little puppets. jRO at least has the guts to push back.

#62 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

We are currently testing the Homunculus expansion pack for updating to the 5 new Homunculus.

but...but... plural of homunculus is supposed to be "homunculi" D=

Edited by Agahim, 07 January 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#63 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

but in my opinion if vip gets free warp then for me i would not buy vip anymore :X maybe letting non-vip take both quest should be fine but i think to make it better for vip. those non-vip can only reset 1 time which is 23 hours while vip can reset after 3 hours

there is a reason why is called vip=very important person :wave:

btw if heim can force more people buy more vip maybe they will not release some promotion to destroy the economy since they get to hit the target? this part i m not sure heim is thinking this way thou :sigh:

I would like this. Simple reason: Non Vip players don't get hurt this much, can still use bm x3, but if they want to do the TI me than once a day, they need vip -_-

#64 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

I agree with making the warp for non VIP's also, or just taking it off all together. I'm a VIP but I still go to walk tothe TI areas with my non-VIP party members, I rarely use the VIP warp really so.. yeah, either take it out, or just give it to everyone. In my case, I don't mind walking/doing entrance quests.

#65 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

Put Mado NPC inside Eden please, we are getting sick to be forced to make east Prontera gate as savepoint.

And remove that stupid Eden's 2nd floor Kafra stacker to somewhere else. His location is too 'strategic' that Im keep DCing accidentally clicked him everytime entering 2nd floor.

#66 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

Put Mado NPC inside Eden please, we are getting sick to be forced to make east Prontera gate as savepoint.

And remove that stupid Eden's 2nd floor Kafra stacker to somewhere else. His location is too 'strategic' that Im keep DCing accidentally clicked him everytime entering 2nd floor.

then might as well put everything into eden and just disable all those town maps :wave:

#67 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

As a non-VIP player, I expected this to happen.
But all I'm going to say is that I feel very sorry for the non-VIP FS ABs.

@TsukishiroSayuki:
I'm with you, I don't go to fast food restaurants, don't buy or go to McDonald's.
And also think the exchange rate between dollars and reais is unfair.
Not forgetting to mention I also play with a -_-ty laptop and 3G connection thanks to robbery.

#68 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

As a non-VIP player, I expected this to happen.
But all I'm going to say is that I feel very sorry for the non-VIP FS ABs.

@TsukishiroSayuki:
I'm with you, I don't go to fast food restaurants, don't buy or go to McDonald's.
And also think the exchange rate between dollars and reais is unfair.
Not forgetting to mention I also play with a -_-ty laptop and 3G connection thanks to robbery.

Hmmm maybe in your country... In mine is very cheap... what I waste in a Mc Donalds burger I get 1month VIP... Life here is expensive though so... the difference is not much. I live in Venezuela.

I use the cellphone paying thing to buy WPE, best thing that happened to me. Since we have a monetery exchange law that doesn't allow us to buy $ without some paper work. With that phone thing I can buy with local currency.

Edited by iiNote, 07 January 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#69 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

what you said before vip comes in: vip will get new stuff

what you realy did: Give penality to non vip

#70 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Please make it impossible to vend in eden.

#71 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

The margin between VIP and non VIP still needs to equate to $7(US) - otherwise, why would people bother to buy VIP in the first place?

VIPs already have 1.5 xp 1.5 drops more Storage Space and a lot more [see link: VIP] i'm not complaining that they have too much. but would you not say that a plenty for your 7 dollar?

What i'm talking about really is about you need finish the first to get the second that make use the bm useless to TI, because u going to trade only one. Some people sugestion was for to warp to locations it could be nice, but let be serious, not gonna happen, just let we pick both the same time and we good.

I would like this. Simple reason: Non Vip players don't get hurt this much, can still use bm x3, but if they want to do the TI me than once a day, they need vip :wave:

Let me explain: Yes we can but you not seeing the full picture, you need to FINISH AND Turn it in the first to get the second so 1 bm each part. and i serosly doubt you can finish 400 of the second run before the BM run to turn in the second. so it's not worth use BM anymore to TI for non vip. vips just finish open the BMx3 and turn it in.
So: Vip do 2 TI and have both with one BM, non-vip get one finish with BM, then get another and to that second be with BM they need ANOTHER BM.

EDIT ADD:

I have to agree, that is just too much for non-VIP, too much. Going back and forth, imagine if you need to kill 4 type Dimiks. Doing the entrance quest again and again, waw.. just waw.

I agree with her, and futher more using her exemple to what i am complaining, VIP use one BM to Turn it in the 4 TIs, non-vip to have all BM they need 4 BM.

Edited by TsukishiroSayuki, 07 January 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#72 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

the world cant be paid with love and cookies. Warpportal needs to make cash in order to pay all the bills.
Unfortunatly this is the world and this is how things are running. The new plans to change the TI System may be a new step to get more VIP Payments.

I can understand everyone for not being willing or not being able to pay for VIP but well...

#73 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

I rarely use the VIP warp really so.. yeah, either take it out.

No thanks. I do plenty of walking, entrance quests and warping about when I'm leveling normally. The VIP warps are one of the benefits gained from coughing up $7 per month for each account that I want/need VIP on.

#74 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2331 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

All I see is "QQ I am getting something free but it is not enough, give me more!". Warpportal needs money to survive, nothing in the world is free. My god, what is wrong with the community seriously. People have paid for their accounts for over 7 years while it was P2P and nobody complained.

RO doesn't even charge you for "expansions" like other MMOs do. The only charge is 7 dollars a month if you want to. If not you can still log onto the game but not have a lot of the benefits, that's all.

Edited by Hrishi, 07 January 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#75 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

If you are playing the game for free and if you want your life to be easier just pay the subscription. if you cannot afford or don't want to pay just SUFFER.you can just grind other places and not use grandpa or just turn it in and get another pt.In this world NOTHING is free even RO if everyone thinks that vip is not worth it who would buy them?If you cannot pay 7 usd then WORK for it.

it is not like if you dun pay the subscription fee you cannot access ro or cannot play ro.u still can but u got to work much harder then vip thats all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users