Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites) - Page 9 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites)

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#201 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi Hayroh just a question, have you tested the diference between a Overbrand with Spear Quicken to 10 and other without spear Quicken?

is a noticeable difference?

Thanks for the advices

About 50% more damage on the first hit. Doesn't affect the 2nd or 3rd hit though.

#202 LunaDark

LunaDark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I finally made my RG to 150. It was a huge pain changing job, leveling, etc with her. However, I'm still clueless how to handle this class to be honest. Normally, I would VP the big one and OB the large mobs. 

My current gears:

Giant Bapho horn

+4 Valk armour (no card yet)

+9 Hunting Spear, +4 AK carded Imperial Spear

Variant

No acc atm

Also a +4 Nyd garb, Dragon Vest + Manteau combo.

My questions are:

1. What gears can be used in order to further improve my char (PvM mostly and MVP too)

2. Are VP and OB all you need for PvM? (self buffs not included)

3. Is a Phen necessary when lag can easily disable so that 15+ mobs can swarm and overwhelm me since Endure last like 1 sec?

#203 Heroshi

Heroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hey all, I've decided to go ahead and be a RG, but I'm a bit confused, I DO want to tank/support and I'm hearing a sacrifice build is how to do that, but would this http://irowiki.org/~...qsbnanbnadkAak1

level me / allow me to do ti's and endgame? What do I do about stats in that case while leveling?

Edited by Heroshi, 15 November 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#204 Heroshi

Heroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

aaa sorry I didn't mean to double post, meant to edit.

Edited by Heroshi, 15 November 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#205 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

That build is more of a FS (Full Support) build, and more WoE oriented.

Are you aiming for PVM / MVP? PVP / WoE?

#206 Heroshi

Heroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

I'm aiming for more of a PVM / MVP build. Pvp in games like this aren't really my thing

#207 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Don't go with a Full Support build then. For PVM / MVP I usually recommend a hybrid of battle and support. Go with Overbrand 5 and Vanishing Point 10 for your killing skills. For the remaining skills, either go with Inspiration for becoming really powerful for the cost of 1% EXP, or go with Battle Chant 10 (yes using RG points into Crusader / Paladin skills). Even if getting Inspiration, you can put a few points into Sacrifice and will still be a decent support class for your party, so you are still hybrid support + battle, but more battle oriented.

I don't recommend getting Inspiration anymore though usually. It's not really worth it as you can use other more powerful offensive classes like Geneticist. RG is good at certain MVPs, good at soloing instances, and are also good support with Sacrifice. They are more of a mix of killer and support for PVM / MVP right now. For pure tanking in most MVP situations, you will want to be playing a sura.

#208 Heroshi

Heroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Don't go with a Full Support build then. For PVM / MVP I usually recommend a hybrid of battle and support. Go with Overbrand 5 and Vanishing Point 10 for your killing skills. For the remaining skills, either go with Inspiration for becoming really powerful for the cost of 1% EXP, or go with Battle Chant 10 (yes using RG points into Crusader / Paladin skills). Even if getting Inspiration, you can put a few points into Sacrifice and will still be a decent support class for your party, so you are still hybrid support + battle, but more battle oriented.

I don't recommend getting Inspiration anymore though usually. It's not really worth it as you can use other more powerful offensive classes like Geneticist. RG is good at certain MVPs, good at soloing instances, and are also good support with Sacrifice. They are more of a mix of killer and support for PVM / MVP right now. For pure tanking in most MVP situations, you will want to be playing a sura.

Thank you!

But could you post the skill tree thing like above in my other post? I really.. could use some help with knowing what to level with early on and what stats to go for.. Vit and Str obviously but I don't know anything else or exact numbers..

#209 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

http://irowiki.org/~...nGAGC2SdAadk1k1

An example skill tree.

I don't tend to give full skill trees to people and like to offer them the chance to customize their own build. Also, the way you "progress" with what order you put skill points into is also a pretty big factor for leveling. With this sort of build, you are using Royal Guard points into crusader / paladin points.

Certain skills are not always more "effective" at higher levels, and are just for longer duration. But certain skills have such short duration at low levels that it's almost pointless having a point in them if you have to recast it every 10 seconds.

Stats are a bit harder to work around now. Fallen Angel Wings gives bonuses for every 20 base stat points, and Heroic Backpack gives bonuses for base stats 90 or higher. The only way to accommodate BOTH garments is to have exactly 100 base for the stat, which kind of creates boring buids.

Basically you want 80-100 of these: STR (power), VIT (survivability), AGI (aspd for spamming vanishing point), DEX (HIT and also provides +% ranged damage bonuses from the garments).

INT you will want to leave at 1 or have just a small amount, LUK you will probably want somewhere around 20-40 for small HIT, ATK, etc. bonuses.

#210 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hello guys. I'm a veteran player (quit after Renewal) but now I'm back, and now I have a 95/60 Paladin. I wonder if you guys can give me suggestions and second opinions on my build. I'm aiming to be a VP/OB PvM-oriented RG but also still able to perform in WoE settings. Here's my build:

http://irowiki.org/~...5GC1rfrAbdkAak1

(I'm also thinking to get Battle Chant 5, but if I do, I wouldn't be able to have Inspiration)

Should I max Spear Quicken since I'm going OB, or level 7 (or even lower levels) would suffice? Thanks.

Edited by kyrios91, 18 November 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#211 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Sad to say, but I think most guilds just want you to play Full Support / SAC RG these days. It's probably pretty hard for an RG to kill any people right now.

The build looks fine for leveling though. Definitely do not go FS build for leveling as it'd be really boring and you won't be able to solo anything.

Level 7 (even level 2-4 or so) is fine for just OB damage. It most likely won't change the number of casts you need to drop a mob.

#212 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sad to say, but I think most guilds just want you to play Full Support / SAC RG these days. It's probably pretty hard for an RG to kill any people right now.

The build looks fine for leveling though. Definitely do not go FS build for leveling as it'd be really boring and you won't be able to solo anything.

Level 7 (even level 2-4 or so) is fine for just OB damage. It most likely won't change the number of casts you need to drop a mob.

Thanks for the reply. I do intend my RG to become more PvM oriented so it'll be powerful in PvM / MvP / ET environments. I know for a fact that you should have Sacrifice as an RG no matter what, since it increases your usefulness in a party. My concern is that I would like to be useful in WoE too. Since you said it's fine to have SQ @7 (or lower), should I go Defending Aura or Gloria Domini?

Also, my Paladin's current base stats are:

STR 80 / 60 AGI, VIT, DEX / 20 LUK

What stats that I should increase to make my early levelling with OB easier? I know that STR is a big factor, but I also heard that DEX is crucial since post LV100 monsters are hard to hit without enough HIT.

Edited by kyrios91, 18 November 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#213 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Defending Aura is pretty much a must for anything. It basically almost nullifies any ranged damage.

I'm confused by the format you listed your stats in. But yes you do need STR for damage, DEX for HIT (and also OB damage, it's in the formula).

Mid game build is something along these lines: 60-100 STR, 60-100 VIT, 60-80 DEX. Endgame build you will want 80-100 for all of them. It's hard to give exact numbers for stats now because Fallen Angel Wings likes having base stats in multiples of 20, whereas Heroic Backpack likes base stats 90 or higher.

#214 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Defending Aura is pretty much a must for anything. It basically almost nullifies any ranged damage.

I'm confused by the format you listed your stats in. But yes you do need STR for damage, DEX for HIT (and also OB damage, it's in the formula).

Mid game build is something along these lines: 60-100 STR, 60-100 VIT, 60-80 DEX. Endgame build you will want 80-100 for all of them. It's hard to give exact numbers for stats now because Fallen Angel Wings likes having base stats in multiples of 20, whereas Heroic Backpack likes base stats 90 or higher.

Ahh okay. True, Defending Aura is a must. I just like Gloria Domini's animation since it's so badass - however, I'll go with Defending Aura. Also, I've researched some builds and there are lots who leave SQ at 2 and proceed to use the other 5 points to Guard / Gloria Domini.

For the stat format, I mean that I have 80 STR and the rest are 60 except INT which is only 1 and LUK which is 20. I am planning to get 90 in most of it for the HBP bonuses.

Edited by kyrios91, 18 November 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#215 Diskroit

Diskroit

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hello! I am a new player in renewal and want to play for royal guard. I'm aiming a PVM\MVP solo and with my guild. Is RG's is viable for soloing MVPs now? And for party too? Or Genetics and DB Rune Knights is mush better than RG's for this aims? 

I'm oriented for this build http://irowiki.org/~...GCbnrfqAbdkAak1

and stats 

100 str

100 agi

100 dex

100 vit

17 int

any comments for it?

Thanks.

#216 Jagenda

Jagenda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hello All,

First of all, sorry if this has been asked before or something but I have been going over the forums and there is a lot of information (Most from 2012 or before) and for someone a bit new to renewal as me is a lot to take in :P

I have hopping to  go for something like this:

http://irowiki.org/~...nGAGD2Sanadk1k1

But had the following questions:

1. Battle Chant is useful in which situations? (Since it takes a lot of skill points) Is level 10 required or level 5 is good since it has a 75% (quite high) and less HP/SP consumption? Also, would Battle Chant in 8 suffice if 5 is to low?

2. I understood that spear quicken increase the attach of over ban (I think) but not sure how much... If I decrease that to 4 and then make the following changes:

Sacri  from 3 to 5

Shield Spell from 1 to 3

Pint Point from 1 to 3

Will that be ok? How well is pint point for breaking? Shield spell I understand it could have 100% of breaking armor and that seems good and sacri on 5 seems ok but taking damage for 5 people seems hard :P

Thanks a lot

Jagenda

#217 wahhhhhhhh

wahhhhhhhh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Location8th Dimension

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Under Inspiration and Banding, what lv of Genesis Ray and Hesperus Lit are allow to be use?  Do GR and HL required to be learn at all?

#218 akavarox

akavarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hayrohs thanks for the post.

I have a question, if i like kill mvps with B. Point what can i do whith the mvps that use AGI UP??

#219 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Sorry for I rarely check on this thread like I used to.

As a solo RG, yes it would be hard to hit MVPs on AGI UP but you can try stacking up Inspiration/Hit chanted gears/DEX foods as possible and maybe this thread can help you.

http://forums.warppo...vps-and-agi-up/

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 03 January 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#220 aptmerc

aptmerc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hi HayrohsLegacy!

i'm new here and got a paladin, gonna changet to RG soon... just curious at the skills build:

My original build "Hayroh Phoenix 1.0 Battle RG -Inspiration/Sacrifice-  build":

genesis ray lv.4, only for inspiration right?and we can't use it since we don't open banding?

your pics at PvP of using genesis ray is pretty cool! any suggestion what skills to sacrifice if i want to open banding-genesis ray and vanishing point (and inspiration if possible...)

I want a built that versatile, (for now only PvM, but later i want MVP/WOE/PvP if that's possible)

for status i follow yours STR 100, AGI 90, VIT 95, INT 55, DEX 90, LUK 30

any suggestion please?sorry if i ask noob question..i  have no experience on RG..

and thank for the help and great guide! cheers! /no1

#221 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

Inspiration + Banding dont stack but either state lets you use Genesis Ray, most builds would only pick either Inspi or Banding since the skill points requirements are pretty limited, and if you wana be flexible in all aspects of the game; you should probably be on Inspi+Spear Skills+Sacrifice+Shield Spells+Vanishing Point, ppl wont go on Banding these days since the HP sharing is yet bugged [not sure if iRO already fixed this] but ppl only do get em for WOE because of the Overawe [Slow Grace-like effect] status.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 06 January 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#222 aptmerc

aptmerc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

Inspiration + Banding dont stack but either state lets you use Genesis Ray, most builds would only pick either Inspi or Banding since the skill points requirements are pretty limited, and if you wana be flexible in all aspects of the game; you should probably be on Inspi+Spear Skills+Sacrifice+Shield Spells+Vanishing Point, ppl wont go on Banding these days since the HP sharing is yet bugged [not sure if iRO already fixed this] but ppl only do get em for WOE because of the Overawe [Slow Grace-like effect] status.

I see.. so for all around purpose/flexibility it's wise to choose inspiration build and left out banding+genesis ray.

I just feel wasting 4 points on Genesis Ray since can't use it without Banding (only for Inspiration)  But nothing can do because we want inspiration LoL

Oh but well, i guess that's explain your skills build is already best that we can get with limited skills points!

uh one more question, about Pinpoint Attack.. although everyone have FCP buff, what about the crit/'never miss hit' with 500% dmg??

isn't it's nice to hit the high flee MVP/Player...? but once again...no more skills points...LoL

Thanks HayrohsLegacy! You rocks! /no1

Edited by aptmerc, 07 January 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#223 Tweet213847

Tweet213847

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

currently leveling my RG to get her to 150, looking to MVP. would i still be able to solo MVP without a tao gunka?

#224 cent88

cent88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Does anyone have a basic guideline for skill and stat distribution for a pure DB WoE RK build? I'm a noob and have no idea how to approach this.

This is what irowiki suggests:

Dragon Breath Build

• STR:1 (Pure Dragon Breath only)
  • STR:30-50 (for carrying capacity and masq resist in WoE)
  • STR:90-97 (if getting Hundred Spears/IB)
  • AGI:1-60 (60 only to get rid of animation delay, but not recommended for early on)
  • VIT:105-120
  • INT:90
  • DEX:70-90
  • LUK:31

Does anyone else have suggestions for this build? The irowiki guide leaves a lot of leeway for STR and AGI, so I'm not sure how to plan.

I'm also not sure where to distribute my skill points.

Edited by cent88, 13 January 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#225 aptmerc

aptmerc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hayroh,

I was wondering about the status..

what if I lower the INT?from 55 to 37...

i don't think it's a big deal since we can refill our SP using SP recovery items right?

(or maybe there's some skills that the damage based on the MATK?sorry i'm new to this RG stuff...)

with that in mind i have:

A.

95 STR

90 DEX

90 AGI

95 VIT

58 LUK

37 INT

(0 stats point left)

*without any buff based on http://calc.irowiki.org/

pros: higher ATK (177), higher perfect dodge (7), higher crit rate (21)

cons: about 160sp lower than 55 INT build. (1303 SP), lower MATK (145)

meanwhile

B.

100 STR

90 DEX

90 AGI

95 VIT

30 LUK

55 INT

(0 stats point left)

*without any buff based on http://calc.irowiki.org/

pros: more SP pool (1464 SP), higher MATK (162)

cons: lower ATK (173), lower perfect dodge (4), lower CRIT (11)

What do you think about build A vs B?

Build A have higher ATK while lower SP pool (around 160SP)

Please advice...

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users