Homunculus S questions - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#226 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Im gonna bring this up again...is there any way yet to stop the flinching/freezing of the homu when they get hit? Cause its getting me pissed now. Every time it gets hit it freezes for like 2 full secs (still taking damage in that time too). Not only is it slowing down the leveling but it is also taking way more hits than it should. So again i ask, is their anyway to prevent this yet?

For the meantime, you can try using a mercenary at the same time. This sorta helped me out on the Amatsu 2 Dungeon servivability. :p_angel:

#227 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

So bayeri has an interuptable cast time for his skills, even the horn move? Kind of sucks, thought that was going to be spammable like bash...then again I thought cart tornado was going to be spammable too, don't know why its not, its next to holy light in usefulness.

Is there a definite stat growth chart of some kind available?

Edited by Froggems, 30 January 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#228 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Im gonna bring this up again...is there any way yet to stop the flinching/freezing of the homu when they get hit? Cause its getting me pissed now. Every time it gets hit it freezes for like 2 full secs (still taking damage in that time too). Not only is it slowing down the leveling but it is also taking way more hits than it should. So again i ask, is their anyway to prevent this yet?

Use MirAI+fast attack mod. You WILL lose autocasts for vani / filir but the only time the homunculus should freeze is if you get hit at the very end of the dance after the homunculus stops moving when the monster dies - this doesn't happen often though. If you PM me again I can link you to my default drop in AI that is the old MirAI + config and the merc portions of AzzyAI - it's a major kludge but it works with everything except autobolts ( I assume anyways ). If I get time I will try to update MirAI with the new default lua file azzy had with he new homunS IDs.

That said: something strange with Lif based Eira - the dance helps with ASPD, cart boost ( while homunculus is vaporized ) helps with moving speed ( increasing ASPD from dancing ) and cart boost + Urgent escape gives roughly +50% ASPD over just cart boost alone... even though the homunculus doesn't actually seem to move any fast than with cart boost alone.

#229 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Use MirAI+fast attack mod. You WILL lose autocasts for vani / filir but the only time the homunculus should freeze is if you get hit at the very end of the dance after the homunculus stops moving when the monster dies - this doesn't happen often though. If you PM me again I can link you to my default drop in AI that is the old MirAI + config and the merc portions of AzzyAI - it's a major kludge but it works with everything except autobolts ( I assume anyways ). If I get time I will try to update MirAI with the new default lua file azzy had with he new homunS IDs.

That said: something strange with Lif based Eira - the dance helps with ASPD, cart boost ( while homunculus is vaporized ) helps with moving speed ( increasing ASPD from dancing ) and cart boost + Urgent escape gives roughly +50% ASPD over just cart boost alone... even though the homunculus doesn't actually seem to move any fast than with cart boost alone.

eh, i like having the auto cast caprice. Since my aspd is down to 164 the auto casting caprice makes lvling my sera a bit easier. So i guess ill deal with the flinching/freezing till it can be resolved.

#230 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

CheddarJack - Has 1.40 dev 2 helped at all? Or was that what you were using when you had the problem?

#231 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I was just looking at my filir and thinking something was off with it's stats. I know some of the stat calculations had changed but this seems just way too off. It had 446 atk when it 99ed back in 2007. and now it's only 104. Even though there has been a change to the way atk is calculated it seems way too low. everything else doesn't seem that far out.

think going to wait a bit before i evolve mine. i was thinking the Kitty, but she seems complicated.

Edited by Channa, 30 January 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#232 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

CheddarJack - Has 1.40 dev 2 helped at all? Or was that what you were using when you had the problem?

I had dev 1...just downloaded the dev 2...still flinching

#233 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

yo azzy. i tried out dev 2 and it seems slower than dev 1. dev 1 the homun s was alot faster and attacked more often, especially with the "dancing" enabled, but with dev 2 it's attacking is really sparce and doesn't dance often. also glitches a bit when surrounded by a bunch a monsters for me. something to look at chief.

#234 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

yo azzy. i tried out dev 2 and it seems slower than dev 1. dev 1 the homun s was alot faster and attacked more often, especially with the "dancing" enabled, but with dev 2 it's attacking is really sparce and doesn't dance often. also glitches a bit when surrounded by a bunch a monsters for me. something to look at chief.

it's doing the same for me but i can't tell about the glitch thing cause there isn't a bunch of monsters i'll check that out tomorrow.

#235 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Figured out why my homu is freezing...Every time she caprice's if she is hit during the cast, the cast goes off, but then she is frozen for 2 full seconds. Which honestly is stupid. Anyone figure a way to fix it?

#236 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

btw, in the course of today...i went from 30% to 10% just trying to afk lvl in OD1 (died like 6+ times) and Amatsu field

#237 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

btw, in the course of today...i went from 30% to 10% just trying to afk lvl in OD1 (died like 6+ times) and Amatsu field

Motion locking? or ASPDance's null recovery?

That's why I can't be totally AFK, and not just for the feeding (S-intimacy is Neutral ^^) but for the ocasionally epic mobbing that can be easily overwhelming for my Eira (Lif). So I have to be at least Alt-Tabbed.

#238 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Motion locking? or ASPDance's null recovery?

That's why I can't be totally AFK, and not just for the feeding (S-intimacy is Neutral ^^) but for the ocasionally epic mobbing that can be easily overwhelming for my Eira (Lif). So I have to be at least Alt-Tabbed.

Nope half the time its motion locking...Im getting hit and the homu has no response, no response to anything. The friggen flinching doesnt help either when im being pummled and sitting there like a retard

Yep im done...i am not summoning this retard S class homu for a long time. Ive died 10x more in 1 day than i have the entire time it was a vani

Edited by CheddarJack, 30 January 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#239 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

mine is doing the same thing i've died like 10x started using insurance which i haven't had to use in like 2 years.

#240 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

mine is doing the same thing i've died like 10x started using insurance which i haven't had to use in like 2 years.

if you are dead it just means your homunc is not strong enough.
just retreat to lower lvl.

#241 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Nope half the time its motion locking...Im getting hit and the homu has no response, no response to anything. The friggen flinching doesnt help either when im being pummled and sitting there like a retard

Yep im done...i am not summoning this retard S class homu for a long time. Ive died 10x more in 1 day than i have the entire time it was a vani

That motion locking happens when your Homunculus S uses Caprice or just Homunculus S skills?

#242 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

my caprice skills don't work. so it is a possibility but the only skill that mine will use is sonic claw.
and i lock up all the time

Edited by Niji, 31 January 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#243 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

my caprice skills don't work. so it is a possibility but the only skill that mine will use is sonic claw.
and i lock up all the time

if you are using DrAzzyAI, you need to turn off usage of Homunc S skills 1st.

#244 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

uum yeah my homunclus is plenty strong enough it's the locking and the lag that is killing me.

#245 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

y i want to use them. does that have anything to do with turning on the caprice skill?

#246 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

uum yeah my homunclus is plenty strong enough it's the locking and the lag that is killing me.

I used to have this problem too but it apparently solved when I chance the tactics to maximize changetarget and commands and killing faster such as rescue owner and disble all kiting.

#247 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

y i want to use them. does that have anything to do with turning on the caprice skill?

Im using it as my default attack. That cant be wrong.
Posted Image

#248 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

Why have you not reported that turning off Homun S skills improved performance? What does it change, exactly?

It shouldn't change anything other than which skill it tries to use.

Edited by DrAzzy, 31 January 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#249 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

Nope, its strong enough trust me...Also you cant get any lower level than OD1. It just stops working

That motion locking happens when your Homunculus S uses Caprice or just Homunculus S skills?

She doesnt have any Homu S skills yet (not until 105). Its just Caprice

I used to have this problem too but it apparently solved when I chance the tactics to maximize changetarget and commands and killing faster such as rescue owner and disble all kiting.

To bad i cant edit a damn thing on my AzzyAI

#250 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Why have you not reported that turning off Homun S skills improved performance? What does it change, exactly?

It shouldn't change anything other than which skill it tries to use.

ermm... No. what i meant there is turning off homunc S skills to enable use of caprice.
nothing about lags.

Edited by razirazo, 31 January 2012 - 07:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users