Homunculus S questions - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#176 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:15 AM

Azzy mentioned Painkiller being able to be used on other players in PVM. Can it be used in WoE? I don't have any reasons as to why it should not.... right?

#177 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Azzy mentioned Painkiller being able to be used on other players in PVM. Can it be used in WoE? I don't have any reasons as to why it should not.... right?

Presumably - but the endure effect won't work in woe, of course.

Check out new AI version, linked in sig.

#178 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image

Mine. There is something wrong with stat growths atm. We are trying to figure out what causes homunculus made after renewal/balance patch to grow significantly better statwise. My Vanilmirth got bumped to 12k+ after evolution. I am now curious if I'll hit like 14k when I get Homunculus S. :P

My Lif was made WAY pre-renewal. She just had pretty decent stats for that time at least.

I forgot to mention that level was 99 > 100

#179 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

Oda is aware of stat issue. Pre-renewal homuns have worse stats. By a little bit (if anything) on most stats, but by a huge margin on HP/SP.

In other news, choosing homun S is hard!

I figure Yzza's gotta get a Deiter so she can WoE with maximum effectiveness (though getting a Sera for painkiller would make her better in ET. Painkiller the tank for epic damage reduction). Will I ever woe on Yzza instead of my RK?

Now for Dr. Azzy - I can do something more fun. But what?
Eria doesn't make sense, since it's damage is uninspiring, and I don't plan to be hand-leveling Dr. Azzy with homun so overed boost wouldn't help.
I was going to do Bayeri, but their attack skills ARE INTERRUPTABLE! /profanity
I could get a Sera - again, for painkiller if I took Azzy on ET runs. But I don't do that. On the other hand, I've already got Sera on MSN (She's never once hooked me up with painkillers, but to be fair, I've never made her apple pudding). On the third hand, I want to summon legions of angry wasps to destroy my foes....
Deiter is a nogo, he's not that acct's woe char and i'll already have one.
Eleanor would be great for leveling - the damage output is badass - but would a vani be a good fit? It likely won't have the SP or delay to spare using caprice - though the ranged attack would be nice to take out ranged enemies, since homuns now flinch.

Then there's Mini Azzy, with his 7x neutral filir....... That's gotta be 99'ed and loyaled, but what then?

Maybe HE could get the Sera? Or he could get the Eleanor and Azzy could get the Sera?

Aaaagh! See the main issue is that the char I need to use homun to level most needs the Eleanor, because Eleanor is a beast at pvm dps...

#180 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

I didn't have the time to check over the entire thread, but I'm curious, is there a general rule about which homuns are best to change into which homun S? For example, I was thinking of getting a filir to change into the cat-girl. Is that something that would be considered good, or am I making some incorrect assumptions somewhere?

I was wondering the same thing. What's best for Filir, Lif, and Amistr?

Edit: read Azzy's post. Bayeri's attacks are interruptable? Sigh... That makes it pretty useless... Maybe they arent intended to be? :/

Edited by Tigra, 27 January 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#181 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Oda is aware of stat issue. Pre-renewal homuns have worse stats. By a little bit (if anything) on most stats, but by a huge margin on HP/SP. Yeah, I wish I had a lot more HP / SP on mine it's almost as old as the trans patch...

In other news, choosing homun S is hard!

I figure Yzza's gotta get a Deiter so she can WoE with maximum effectiveness (though getting a Sera for painkiller would make her better in ET. Painkiller the tank for epic damage reduction). Will I ever woe on Yzza instead of my RK?

Now for Dr. Azzy - I can do something more fun. But what?
Eria doesn't make sense, since it's damage is uninspiring, and I don't plan to be hand-leveling Dr. Azzy with homun so overed boost wouldn't help.
I was going to do Bayeri, but their attack skills ARE INTERRUPTABLE! /profanity
I could get a Sera - again, for painkiller if I took Azzy on ET runs. But I don't do that. On the other hand, I've already got Sera on MSN (She's never once hooked me up with painkillers, but to be fair, I've never made her apple pudding). On the third hand, I want to summon legions of angry wasps to destroy my foes....
Deiter is a nogo, he's not that acct's woe char and i'll already have one.
Eleanor would be great for leveling - the damage output is badass - but would a vani be a good fit? It likely won't have the SP or delay to spare using caprice - though the ranged attack would be nice to take out ranged enemies, since homuns now flinch. They always did, just didn't have an animation for it.

Then there's Mini Azzy, with his 7x neutral filir....... That's gotta be 99'ed and loyaled, but what then?

Maybe HE could get the Sera? Or he could get the Eleanor and Azzy could get the Sera?

Aaaagh! See the main issue is that the char I need to use homun to level most needs the Eleanor, because Eleanor is a beast at pvm dps...

Eira should be decent for ET runs with the status recov skills. And the flee and ASPD skills.

Speaking of that it would be nice to know WHAT other skills the silence effect removes ( and if you can still be full healed while wearing silence immune gears, if you are immune will it still remove the other stat ails ) I mean if it could remove the thing from satan morroc where you can't be ressed that would be bad ass.

P.S. good luck with the cat in your AI, that one is gonna be the worst.

#182 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Eira should be decent for ET runs with the status recov skills. And the flee and ASPD skills.

When was the last time you saw someone using normal attacks in ET? Misclicks don't count...

Speaking of that it would be nice to know WHAT other skills the silence effect removes ( and if you can still be full healed while wearing silence immune gears, if you are immune will it still remove the other stat ails ) I mean if it could remove the thing from satan morroc where you can't be ressed that would be bad ass.

There's a list on first page. I'd test on Sak, but don't have a good way to status myself. Some sources listed some statuses, and they ARE ones you'd like to get rid of. Also need to test if silence can be removed by greens. If it does, that makes it significantly better (too bad her offensive skills are bad).

P.S. good luck with the cat in your AI, that one is gonna be the worst.

Thanks, it's gonna be a pain. If you have a kitty, try 1.40 dev 01 with it (turn it to fighter mode manually, ofc). You'll be impressed. This is the king of damage output, even without the second and third combo skill.

Re: Flinch - No, Homuns didn't used to flinch. They had an animation (though you rarely saw it - the animation was easy to cancel accidentally so it wasn't usually visible), but they didn't get hitlocked like players do. Now they seem to :-(

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 January 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#183 tommor

tommor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Just a warning to people who want to get Eleanor, she suffers from a big aspd loss, check the screens :x

First one is my lvl 100 vani, second lvl 100 Eleanor, tho id like to add that with one lvl up she got 2 aspd

Posted Image

Posted Image

#184 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

@tommor they all lost aspd when they evolve.

Curious about one of sera's skills. What is the cooldown of painkiller?

Mostly im looking for a homu that can help support me and my friends when we mvp or do ET. Or help with doing lots of damage

#185 tommor

tommor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

yea i thought they all lost aspd, but my eleanor lost 18 aspd, when my friends eira lost only 7

#186 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Curious about one of sera's skills. What is the cooldown of painkiller?

Short.

#187 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Short.

As in a few seconds? or more like a 1min?

#188 robrod

robrod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Posted Image

fix + quadruple drops event for broken homun Ss

#189 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Short.

Maybe I can convince the GMs to remove the stupid 15 minute skill delay on Blood Lust then.

Filir-->Eleanor seems to be good if you have a Filir. Not sure about Lif and Amistr.

#190 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

As in a few seconds? or more like a 1min?

As in short enough that you can recast it well before it runs out. A few seconds.

Maybe I can convince the GMs to remove the stupid 15 minute skill delay on Blood Lust then.

Filir-->Eleanor seems to be good if you have a Filir. Not sure about Lif and Amistr.

Problem with filer is that flitting has a stupid skill delay so you can't use skills while under flitting - which would defeat the point of eleanor. Also, moonlight is entirely redundant, since it's 1 range now :-(

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 January 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#191 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

now i just got my homu to lvl 99!!! Now for the big question on wth i am turing it into...on one hand i have sera and the other eleanor. Mostly i want it to help me pvm and mvp. but i dont know which to get...i might be leaning more to sera since i like painkiller a lot and paralize works on incarnations so it has to work on boss type monsters too which is nice. But i think eleanor will do overall more damage. Seems like 1 is more for support and the other attack

#192 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

a little question:
if i have a Homu s and i doesnt like him. Is it needed to build a new homu to a Homu S?

#193 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

a little question:
if i have a Homu s and i doesnt like him. Is it needed to build a new homu to a Homu S?

Yes. You start all over.

#194 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Problem with filer is that flitting has a stupid skill delay so you can't use skills while under flitting - which would defeat the point of eleanor. Also, moonlight is entirely redundant, since it's 1 range now :-(

Interesting, didn't know about Moonlight. It seems like Gravity is trying to make everyone get a Vanil with the skill delays/cast interruptions on everything else.

Edited by Tigra, 27 January 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#195 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Does anyone know if Dieter's lava slide is matk or atk based? My guess is that it's matk, but I'm hoping that it's atk based lol....

If it's matk, then I'm going sera for sure :P

#196 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Does anyone know if Dieter's lava slide is matk or atk based? My guess is that it's matk, but I'm hoping that it's atk based lol....

If it's matk, then I'm going sera for sure :P

I'll test it tonight.

#197 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

And luck with the testing there Azzy?

#198 Moyton

Moyton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Can a GM come on Sakray for some Homounculus S?

#199 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm vending on ymir with the acct with the Deiter on sakray, i'll test it before I go to bed,

#200 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

And luck with the testing there Azzy?

It's ATK based. Was doing ~3-3.3k on sak at 150.

Popping Pyroclastic added about 1k damage per hit. So it's atk!

You can cast it under mobs. It will always hit everything in it's area at least once. So in PVM, this is effectively an AoE damage skill, unless you screw up and use it where there aren't any monsters to expend it, resulting in you not being able to recast it until it runs out, or other stuff runs into it.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 January 2012 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users