Homunculus S questions - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S questions

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#201 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

Also, moonlight is entirely redundant, since it's 1 range now :-(

OMG, are you serious? I could hardly wait for the Homunculus S update, but I thought our minions was going to get better not worse. Sad.

#202 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

Thanks Azzy! You've finalized my homunculus S choice haha!

#203 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Does volcanic ash status work on MVP? Would be nice to see a failed earthquake :P

Also had to add, my vani has been lvl 99 for a long time (waiting for me to get job 70...) and he has like a 99 mil exp bar or was it 9 mil perhaps Im not sure. Anyway he already has over 20% on that bar, did everyones homuns have this? Is it some kind of a huge exp spike to get lvl 100 or does it make your homun suddenly lvl up when mutating into homun S if u had some exp on that bar like I have?

And I like the idea of Amatsu lvl 2 for afk lvling very much, very small map, lots of monsters many passive and during the event increased exp and drop rates (for greed blacksmiths xD)

Edited by Redorm, 28 January 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#204 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hmm... Seems Amatsu is pretty good but personally needs more players there. :P

#205 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yea it'd be nice with more people there.

#206 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hmm... Seems Amatsu is pretty good but personally needs more players there. :P

I told you guys it was good. And yet where do i see the afker's? OD1...Not even OD2 (on valk). If OD2 was the place to be before, why downgrade to OD1?

Edited by CheddarJack, 29 January 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#207 euglena

euglena

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Guys I need some input.

I have a level 99 evolved amistr, but it's only neutral thus hasn't recieved the loyal skill of Blood Lust.
I think Bayeri would be a good choice.
I'd like to evolve him now to bayeri, but I'm curious if not getting blood lust fist would be a bad decision?

Do you think blood lust 15 min cast delay < bayeri skills?

Also second thought...
Which homunculus S is best suited for an amistr with mad defense

Edited by euglena, 29 January 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#208 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Guys I need some input.

I have a level 99 evolved amistr, but it's only neutral thus hasn't recieved the loyal skill of Blood Lust.
I think Bayeri would be a good choice.
I'd like to evolve him now to bayeri, but I'm curious if not getting blood lust fist would be a bad decision?

Do you think blood lust 15 min cast delay < bayeri skills?

Also second thought...
Which homunculus S is best suited for an amistr with mad defense

With bloodlust as it is now, not remotely worth getting.

If we get bloodlust switched to skill-specific cooldown (which we're requesting), very worth getting.

So I would get it.

#209 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Anyone figure out how to stop the flinching/freezing of the homu's when they get hit?

#210 Saff

Saff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Restart : Odin

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Couple of questions, will Mental Charge ever be fixed for Lif? I suppose its the way the atk and matk values are now for Renewal that makes it suck, but I was just wondering if still worth getting?

Also, is making a Homunculus S even a smart idea right now? I'm just concerned considering the bugs about flee, pre renewal and post renewal stats on homunculus, skills not working, etc. I've already put a lot of time into my homunculus and remaking is really not something I'd consider, so would it be wise to even bother with the new homunculi until things are fixed? I don't want to end up being stuck with a useless pet.

#211 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

And so, I just got my Eleanor to lvl 100 last night. But, DAYUM! That Sonic Claw lvl 5 is awesome! :P

#212 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

my sera still is 99. Though im still pissed that ppl on valk think that OD1 is a good place to afk lvl their homu...I tested it out and in about 40mins in a decent spot i got 3%...how is that any good?!

#213 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

My 99 evolved amistr has 101 ATK. Aren't amistrs supposed to have the best ATK out of all the homunculi? Or is it a glitch with the stat window, since I evolved it before renewal. 101 is like stupid low.

#214 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

yes Tigra, yours is unfortunately glitched and did not move to the post-balance patch stat growth. All of them are...

They aren't supposed to have the best attack... They're supposed to have more attack than Fillr, but less than Vani before buffs. After blood lust though, amistr has the highest I believe. Mine hits 198 during blood lust.

#215 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

yes Tigra, yours is unfortunately glitched and did not move to the post-balance patch stat growth. All of them are...

They aren't supposed to have the best attack... They're supposed to have more attack than Fillr, but less than Vani before buffs. After blood lust though, amistr has the highest I believe. Mine hits 198 during blood lust.

Yeah, sorry, I meant with their skills maxed/activated (although with the 15 minute cooldown Blood Lust seems useless for Homunc S). Do you know what's being done about the glitch?

#216 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

My level 101(Amistr)Sera attack is only 114...and 171 with Blood Lust. :P

#217 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

amist is suppose to be more tank than killer...Azzy said the attack in the window is way off. He thinks the real attack is like double what it actually shows. Also my vani turned sera has 139 atk in the window.

Edited by CheddarJack, 29 January 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#218 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

My (Vani)Eleanor has ATK 144. :P

#219 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

my sera still is 99. Though im still pissed that ppl on valk think that OD1 is a good place to afk lvl their homu...I tested it out and in about 40mins in a decent spot i got 3%...how is that any good?!

0% chance of death - unless some noob BBs. Also no ranged things like in OD2 ( archers that spawn a hell of a lot more than pre-re ) while only losing ~10-20 EXP / kill.

My level 101(Amistr)Sera attack is only 114...and 171 with Blood Lust. :P

Wow.... My 100 Lif / Eira has an ATK of 113 and does ~360-380 regular attacks. What the window shows is roughly 1/2 - 1/3 the actual attack.

#220 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Actually, it's roughly 1/4 the actual attack, reduced by foe's Def afterwards, at least it's what I see.

It's definitely 0% chance to death if either...
  • The base homun is either Vanilmirth or Filir (offensive skills)
  • No lag
  • No DB/BB wreackin' havoc.
  • No Motion Locking AT ALL.

And yeah, OD1 has too many aggroes, making possible to pull a lot, possibly more than OD2 (man I said this the last year).

#221 Kachua

Kachua

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is there a way on Sakray to make the homun loyal besides sitting there and feeding? Wont let me change it into an S one till its evolved it says. I have my 99 vani on Ymir and wanted to see some things with the S types first before i just took the leap of faith.

#222 Jyunosayshi

Jyunosayshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

Probably a little off topic but is there a map that people are afk training their Homuns around 70 besides Orc Dungeon? I'm always alt tabbed while lvling my homun and walk around a few times but I think some players are getting too mad with all the Gene's there afk lvling.

I was lvling my filir there and noticed a few players fwinging every time they came on my screen and someones using a poly ring. Had to go back as my SC to kill a few monsters this is on Valk server btw.

I also plan to evolve my Filir into Eleanor and was wondering if S.B.R.44 is a important skill? I was going to save my points since I read that any unused skill points can be used once a Homun S (or well I think i read that somewhere on here) and use them once an Eleanor so I have enough job skills to get most of the other skills Eleanor has

Edited by Jyunosayshi, 30 January 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#223 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Im gonna bring this up again...is there any way yet to stop the flinching/freezing of the homu when they get hit? Cause its getting me pissed now. Every time it gets hit it freezes for like 2 full secs (still taking damage in that time too). Not only is it slowing down the leveling but it is also taking way more hits than it should. So again i ask, is their anyway to prevent this yet?

#224 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Probably a little off topic but is there a map that people are afk training their Homuns around 70 besides Orc Dungeon? I'm always alt tabbed while lvling my homun and walk around a few times but I think some players are getting too mad with all the Gene's there afk lvling.

I was lvling my filir there and noticed a few players fwinging every time they came on my screen and someones using a poly ring. Had to go back as my SC to kill a few monsters this is on Valk server btw.

I also plan to evolve my Filir into Eleanor and was wondering if S.B.R.44 is a important skill? I was going to save my points since I read that any unused skill points can be used once a Homun S (or well I think i read that somewhere on here) and use them once an Eleanor so I have enough job skills to get most of the other skills Eleanor has

Any skill that cost intimacy are not worth getting if you doing it 'just for lulz' with no strong reason.

#225 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Im gonna bring this up again...is there any way yet to stop the flinching/freezing of the homu when they get hit? Cause its getting me pissed now. Every time it gets hit it freezes for like 2 full secs (still taking damage in that time too). Not only is it slowing down the leveling but it is also taking way more hits than it should. So again i ask, is their anyway to prevent this yet?

This is my number one priority in 1.40 development, as I have said before.
I do not yet know to what extent it is possible to deal with this issue.

1.40 dev 2 improves performance (available now) and future versions will hopefully yield further improvements

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 January 2012 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users